Pre Season Friendlies

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pre Season Friendlies

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seeing as most teams are now begging their pre-season training, does anyone have news of any pre-season fixtures?

5th August
Bristol 19 V 33 Harlequins - Saturday 5th August
http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/report-bristol-rugby-19-33-harlequins/


11th/12 August
Bristol 31 V 34 Bath - Weekend Of 11th August
http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/report-bristol-rugby-31-34-bath-rugby/

Ospreys 14 V 21 Leicester - Friday 11th August (Bridgend)
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-match-reports/ospreys-14-21-leicester-tigers-13466978

Montpellier 40 v 15 Dragons - Friday 11th August
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-match-reports/montpellier-40-15-dragons-welsh-13466843

USA Perpignan 42 V 32 Leinster Rugby – Friday 11th August
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/perpignan-42-leinster-32/

Northampton 71 v 21 Dragons - Saturday 12th August
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-match-reports/northampton-saints-71-21-dragons-13469008

Scarlets 82 V 12 Scarlets Premiership Select - Saturday 12th August
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/scarlets-82-premiership-select-xv-13469331

Newcastle 31 V 8 Nottingham - Sarurday 12th August
http://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/match/falcons-49-nottingham-19

Newcastle 49 V 19 Doncaster - Saturday 12th August
http://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/match/newcastle-falcons-31-doncaster-knights-8

Sale 31 V 14 Castre - Saturday 12th August
http://www.salesharks.com/news/5322.php#.WZGaZVGGOUl


17th-19th August
Northampton V Nottingham - Thursday 17th August
Ulster Rugby V Wasps - Thursday 17th August
Ospreys V Bath - Weekend of 18th August
Leicester V Treviso - Friday 18th August
Leinster Rugby V Gloucester Rugby – Friday 18th August
Bristol V Scarlets - Saturday 19th August
Exeter Cheifs V Dragons - Saturday 19th August
London Scottish v Cardiff Blues - Saturday 19th August
Glasgow V Northampton - Saturday 19th August
Newcastle V Rotherham - Saturday 19th August

23rd - 26th August
Wasps V Connacht Rugby – Wednesday 23 August
Leicester V Ospreys - Friday 25th August.
Northampton V Ulster  - Friday 25th August
Cardiff Blues v Exeter Chiefs - Friday 25th August
Gloucester Rugby V  Scarlets - Friday 25th August
Leinster Rugby V Bath Rugby – Friday 25th August
Dragons V Glasgow - Friday 25th August
Edinburgh V Newcastle - Friday 25th August
Connacht V Bristol - Staurday 26th August
Doncaster V Newcastle - Saturday 26th August


Not sure what is going on with midweek fixtures though seems pretty weird.

(I'll update this as and when Fixtures are known, and results come in)


Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:59 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated with the score)
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9608
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down


Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by wayne on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I imagine he was part of the exile program? Tigers have always had a good academy, I'm not at all worried about Welsh players going there, it's just I don't think he'd break into the Wales team unless he becomes a very good No 8.

If he becomes a very good 8 he'll be popular at Tigers as well. We haven't had a 6/ come through into the academy for some time. 

Speaking of academy 8's anyone know how Fred Tuilagi got on against Ospreys? Good to hear Joe Ford played well, his signing had a lukewarm reception with the fans.

Sam, he put in a few good hits, and carried fairly well, but this bloke sat next to me wanted Hamilton on, and he came on for Freddy, he said the 3rd try was down to Luke, Freddy came back on for an injury later on.
Sam I went down there with lots of wet weather gear, your fan was there in shorts and no gear, a real good bloke, shook hands at the end. He stayed overnight at the local Premier Inn, a good set of people around me.

wayne

Posts : 3061
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by formerly known as Sam on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:08 pm

wayne wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I imagine he was part of the exile program? Tigers have always had a good academy, I'm not at all worried about Welsh players going there, it's just I don't think he'd break into the Wales team unless he becomes a very good No 8.

If he becomes a very good 8 he'll be popular at Tigers as well. We haven't had a 6/ come through into the academy for some time. 

Speaking of academy 8's anyone know how Fred Tuilagi got on against Ospreys? Good to hear Joe Ford played well, his signing had a lukewarm reception with the fans.

Sam, he put in a few good hits, and carried fairly well, but this bloke sat next to me wanted Hamilton on, and he came on for Freddy, he said the 3rd try was down to Luke, Freddy came back on for an injury later on.
Sam I went down there with lots of wet weather gear, your fan was there in shorts and no gear, a real good bloke, shook hands at the end. He stayed overnight at the local Premier Inn, a good set of people around me.

Some people are ever optimistic about the weather. Luke Hamilton is a fan favourite at Tigers, he tackles everything and empties the tank for the team. In the game against Bath last season he hammered Falatau all over Twickenham in the first half (sadly Falatau managed to turn up in the second half). I'm hopeful Big Fred will offer something different, barnstorming ball carries and game changing big hits. Sort of like his uncle Henry used to give us.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11674
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by Griff on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Which chump booked Gwent Dragons in to play on Friday AND Saturday on the same weekend?! It's not like we're a strong team with an abundance of playing resources!  So a weak squad split in half with one lot sent to Montpellier and one lot sent to Northampton. Result: a pummelling from Montpellier yesterday. I expect the same against Saints today, unfortunately. And what will we learn from this?! Confidence likely dashed ahead of a tough seeason. Doh!

Griff

Posts : 7088
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Griff wrote:Which chump booked Gwent Dragons in to play on Friday AND Saturday on the same weekend?! It's not like we're a strong team with an abundance of playing resources!  So a weak squad split in half with one lot sent to Montpellier and one lot sent to Northampton. Result: a pummelling from Montpellier yesterday. I expect the same against Saints today, unfortunately. And what will we learn from this?! Confidence likely dashed ahead of a tough seeason. Doh!

Exactly. The only reason I can think of is so Jackman could have more questions about his team answered - hopefully the cuts out the useless performers rather than keep starting them over our better players.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by Griff on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:37 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Griff wrote:Which chump booked Gwent Dragons in to play on Friday AND Saturday on the same weekend?! It's not like we're a strong team with an abundance of playing resources!  So a weak squad split in half with one lot sent to Montpellier and one lot sent to Northampton. Result: a pummelling from Montpellier yesterday. I expect the same against Saints today, unfortunately. And what will we learn from this?! Confidence likely dashed ahead of a tough seeason. Doh!

Exactly. The only reason I can think of is so Jackman could have more questions about his team answered - hopefully the cuts out the useless performers rather than keep starting them over our better players.

For me pre-season games should be about trying out the combos so that you can hit the ground running in the first game of the season. But splitting the squad in two has resulted in two teams that are unlikely to feature together as a team in the coming season so it seems a bit pointless. Yes some individual combos will be tried out but not a team run out. I appreciate that there are other pre season games to give the main team a hit out but getting whooped pre-season sometimes sets the tone. If this was pre-planned (to split the squad and play twice in 2 days) then I'd have preferred slightly weaker opposition! Welsh premiership or English championship, for example.

Griff

Posts : 7088
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:23 pm

So when Dan Suter gets on one of his contributions' is to help our pack concede a try from a scrum in our 22. Hopefully that's his trial over with, unbelievable signing Rolling Eyes.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:57 pm

So that one ended 71-21 to Northampton. Saints changed their entire team for the 2nd half, both teams they had out look pretty good on paper. A lot of what seems like academy players for us and probably a lot of questions unanswered - most idiotic fixture scheduling ever.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by yappysnap on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Quins just beat Irish and interestingly Marcus Smith started and played well. Showed good speed and a step for a break and set up a try with a cross field kick. One to look out for this season.

yappysnap

Posts : 10638
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 29
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by formerly known as Sam on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:29 pm

yappysnap wrote:Quins just beat Irish and interestingly Marcus Smith started and played well. Showed good speed and a step for a break and set up a try with a cross field kick. One to look out for this season.

Presumably in the LV. He's had a good list of mentors, George Ford when England trained at his school, Nick Evans at Quins and Wilko at the England training camp. Good to see another quality playmaker on the way through, we're developing a nice embarrassment of riches.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11674
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Scarlets 82 -12 Scarlets premier select XV. Seemedcoretty much what you'd expect from a 2nds v 3rds game. Asquith bagged 3 on his debut, and his birthday too. So I guess that will help him push for main squad status. A few of the younger forwards supposedly did well. And Simon Gardener made his return to the fold too.
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9608
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by George Carlin on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:41 am

Spidey - is there any way that you could update the OP as the results come in?
avatar
George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13636
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:23 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Scarlets 82 -12 Scarlets premier select XV.  Seemedcoretty much what you'd expect from a 2nds v 3rds game.  Asquith bagged 3 on his debut, and his birthday too.  So I guess that will help him push for main squad status.  A few of the younger forwards supposedly did well.  And Simon Gardener made his return to the fold too.

Interesting. How many of yesterdays Scarlets team will be playing most of their rugby in the PSXV for the coming season? 82-12 is ridiculous, you can't expect that team to be a feeder for a pro team.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 pm

George I'll get onto it tomorrow at work (but won't be able to do the next two weeks until after the bank hols as I'll be away, as a mod could you do it for me?)
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9608
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Mikey the 'Scarlets' team was basically to LV/B&I team and the prem-select were people who hope to push on this season.
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9608
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:55 am

Match Reports For The Opening Weekend Of Friendlies (Will add these to OP shortly)

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/report-bristol-rugby-19-33-harlequins/

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/report-bristol-rugby-31-34-bath-rugby/

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-match-reports/ospreys-14-21-leicester-tigers-13466978

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-match-reports/montpellier-40-15-dragons-welsh-13466843

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-match-reports/northampton-saints-71-21-dragons-13469008

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/scarlets-82-premiership-select-xv-13469331

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/perpignan-42-leinster-32/

http://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/match/newcastle-falcons-31-doncaster-knights-8

http://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/match/falcons-49-nottingham-19
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9608
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:52 am

Spidey, you're a ledge mate.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by wayne on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:21 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
wayne wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I imagine he was part of the exile program? Tigers have always had a good academy, I'm not at all worried about Welsh players going there, it's just I don't think he'd break into the Wales team unless he becomes a very good No 8.

If he becomes a very good 8 he'll be popular at Tigers as well. We haven't had a 6/ come through into the academy for some time. 

Speaking of academy 8's anyone know how Fred Tuilagi got on against Ospreys? Good to hear Joe Ford played well, his signing had a lukewarm reception with the fans.

Sam, he put in a few good hits, and carried fairly well, but this bloke sat next to me wanted Hamilton on, and he came on for Freddy, he said the 3rd try was down to Luke, Freddy came back on for an injury later on.
Sam I went down there with lots of wet weather gear, your fan was there in shorts and no gear, a real good bloke, shook hands at the end. He stayed overnight at the local Premier Inn, a good set of people around me.

Some people are ever optimistic about the weather. Luke Hamilton is a fan favourite at Tigers, he tackles everything and empties the tank for the team. In the game against Bath last season he hammered Falatau all over Twickenham in the first half (sadly Falatau managed to turn up in the second half). I'm hopeful Big Fred will offer something different, barnstorming ball carries and game changing big hits. Sort of like his uncle Henry used to give us.

For anyone that is interested there are the try highlights on the Ospreys website.

wayne

Posts : 3061
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:55 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Griff wrote:Which chump booked Gwent Dragons in to play on Friday AND Saturday on the same weekend?! It's not like we're a strong team with an abundance of playing resources!  So a weak squad split in half with one lot sent to Montpellier and one lot sent to Northampton. Result: a pummelling from Montpellier yesterday. I expect the same against Saints today, unfortunately. And what will we learn from this?! Confidence likely dashed ahead of a tough seeason. Doh!

Exactly. The only reason I can think of is so Jackman could have more questions about his team answered - hopefully the cuts out the useless performers rather than keep starting them over our better players.

By the sounds of it, both fixtures had been agreed before Jackman was appointed.

I can only conclude that they forgot they'd agreed to the first fixture when they were approached about the second fixture. Which is typically incompetent of us. Remember when it didn't dawn on us until two-thirds of the way through last season that our game against the Blues clashed with County's last home game, and that they had primacy of tenure?

Effectively double-booking these friendlies was clearly an embarrassing mistake, but which clown/s, having realised that mistake, decided not to cancel one of them?

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21901
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:58 pm

I doubt Jackman would have had a say in the fixtures anyway, I'm just wondering who did decide it. Hopefully we'll put out a better team against Exeter and that should give us an indication of if we are any better than last season.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by yappysnap on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:16 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Quins just beat Irish and interestingly Marcus Smith started and played well. Showed good speed and a step for a break and set up a try with a cross field kick. One to look out for this season.

Presumably in the LV. He's had a good list of mentors, George Ford when England trained at his school, Nick Evans at Quins and Wilko at the England training camp. Good to see another quality playmaker on the way through, we're developing a nice embarrassment of riches.

Well with Jackson gone he may play in the Prem in the end. We only have three fly halves ahead of him now.


yappysnap

Posts : 10638
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 29
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by munkian on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:18 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I doubt Jackman would have had a say in the fixtures anyway, I'm just wondering who did decide it. Hopefully we'll put out a better team against Exeter and that should give us an indication of if we are any better than last season.

Team against Exeter is going to be what he considers our first team barring any injuries.

On a side note, having been down in Exeter this weekend and seen some of their fans in Sainsbury's their new kit is horrendous, it makes Stade look tame.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7179
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by VinceWLB on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Dragons, the laughing stock of Rugby in the NH, get your acts together ffs. Lets face it, with WRU assistance it can only get better or at least it couldnt get any worse though you have to wonder when you see the likes of Dan Suter getting signed up..

VinceWLB

Posts : 3491
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by munkian on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:24 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Dragons, the laughing stock of Rugby in the NH, get your acts together ffs. Lets face it, with WRU assistance it can only get better or at least it couldnt get any worse though you have to wonder when you see the likes of Dan Suter getting signed up..

Pretty sure England still hold that title after RWC '15...
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7179
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by Scottrf on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:27 pm

munkian wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Dragons, the laughing stock of Rugby in the NH, get your acts together ffs. Lets face it, with WRU assistance it can only get better or at least it couldnt get any worse though you have to wonder when you see the likes of Dan Suter getting signed up..

Pretty sure England still hold that title after RWC '15...
The rest of the world has moved on. Except the Welsh team.
avatar
Scottrf

Posts : 12257
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by englishborn on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Sale beat Castres 31 - 14

http://www.salesharks.com/news/5322.php#.WZGaZVGGOUl

englishborn

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:47 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Dragons, the laughing stock of Rugby in the NH, get your acts together ffs. Lets face it, with WRU assistance it can only get better or at least it couldnt get any worse though you have to wonder when you see the likes of Dan Suter getting signed up..

Wouldn't go that far, but you're right about Suter. If you're referring to the Saints game then it was Pro players (two separate teams) vs mostly semi-pro players - not ideal prep but we don't know who organised it yet.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:01 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Dragons, the laughing stock of Rugby in the NH, get your acts together ffs. Lets face it, with WRU assistance it can only get better or at least it couldnt get any worse though you have to wonder when you see the likes of Dan Suter getting signed up..

Wouldn't go that far, but you're right about Suter. If you're referring to the Saints game then it was Pro players (two separate teams) vs mostly semi-pro players - not ideal prep but we don't know who organised it yet.

I read a Morgan Allen in one of those Dragons teams back rows, is that Morgan Allen the ex-Scarlet/Osprey? I though he went to a welsh prem side (but it could have been in the Dragons region).
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9608
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:05 pm

munkian wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I doubt Jackman would have had a say in the fixtures anyway, I'm just wondering who did decide it. Hopefully we'll put out a better team against Exeter and that should give us an indication of if we are any better than last season.

Team against Exeter is going to be what he considers our first team barring any injuries.

On a side note, having been down in Exeter this weekend and seen some of their fans in Sainsbury's their new kit is horrendous, it makes Stade look tame.

Pre-season it makes sense to give as many fringe players a shot, whilst also trying to bed in a first team for the start of the season. These two games with very experimental sides (as that seems to be the in way of saying 'far from first team') make sense to be on the same weekend, give everyone a crack at game time. That way there are still two weekends to play with the 'first team'. (same goes for the Scarlets playing the prem-select).
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9608
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:13 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Dragons, the laughing stock of Rugby in the NH, get your acts together ffs. Lets face it, with WRU assistance it can only get better or at least it couldnt get any worse though you have to wonder when you see the likes of Dan Suter getting signed up..

Wouldn't go that far, but you're right about Suter. If you're referring to the Saints game then it was Pro players (two separate teams) vs mostly semi-pro players - not ideal prep but we don't know who organised it yet.

I read a Morgan Allen in one of those Dragons teams back rows, is that Morgan Allen the ex-Scarlet/Osprey?  I though he went to a welsh prem side (but it could have been in the Dragons region).

Bedwas have signed him.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21901
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by VinceWLB on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:49 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Dragons, the laughing stock of Rugby in the NH, get your acts together ffs. Lets face it, with WRU assistance it can only get better or at least it couldnt get any worse though you have to wonder when you see the likes of Dan Suter getting signed up..

Wouldn't go that far, but you're right about Suter. If you're referring to the Saints game then it was Pro players (two separate teams) vs mostly semi-pro players - not ideal prep but we don't know who organised it yet.

I read a Morgan Allen in one of those Dragons teams back rows, is that Morgan Allen the ex-Scarlet/Osprey?  I though he went to a welsh prem side (but it could have been in the Dragons region).

Morgan Allen is a good, solid player that should have been signed by the Dragons after Ed Jackson sad retirement.. Needed someone of his caliber at TH as well instead of Suter, and i'm sure they exist. Peter Edwards says hi.


VinceWLB

Posts : 3491
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:50 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Dragons, the laughing stock of Rugby in the NH, get your acts together ffs. Lets face it, with WRU assistance it can only get better or at least it couldnt get any worse though you have to wonder when you see the likes of Dan Suter getting signed up..

Wouldn't go that far, but you're right about Suter. If you're referring to the Saints game then it was Pro players (two separate teams) vs mostly semi-pro players - not ideal prep but we don't know who organised it yet.

I read a Morgan Allen in one of those Dragons teams back rows, is that Morgan Allen the ex-Scarlet/Osprey?  I though he went to a welsh prem side (but it could have been in the Dragons region).

Morgan Allen is a good, solid player that should have been signed by the Dragons after Ed Jackson sad retirement.. Needed someone of his caliber at TH as well instead of Suter, and i'm sure they exist. Peter Edwards says hi.


It certainly isn't Peter Edwards. We should have looked to the Super 15 for recruits. I expect big Leon Brown will get a lot more game time this season too.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by formerly known as Sam on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Leicester Tigers (v Benetton Treviso, Welford Road, Friday 7.45pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Tom Brady
13 Matt Smith
12 Charlie Thacker
11 Jonah Holmes
10 Joe Ford
9 Sam Harrison
1 Greg Bateman
2 George McGuigan
3 Logovi’i Mulipola
4 Mike Fitzgerald
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Dominic Ryan
8 Sione Kalamafoni
Replacements from
Tom Youngs
Ellis Genge
Chris Baumann
Dom Barrow
Brendon O’Connor
Fred Tuilagi
Ben White
Tom Hardwick
Matt Toouma
Telusa Veainu
Michele Rizzo
Harry Thacker
Ben Betts
Joe Maksymiw
Harry Wells
Luke Hamilton
Harry Simmons
George Catchpole
Nick Malouf
Benetton Treviso include former Tigers prop Tiziano Pasquali in their travelling squad alongside Italy internationals Alberto di Marchi, Francesco Minto, Marco Barnini, and half-back duo Tommaso Allan and Edoardo Gori.
Benetton Treviso squad
Forwards: Marco Barbini, Luca Bigi, Alberto De Marchi, Simone Ferrari, Ornel Gega, Marco Lazzaroni, Nasi Manu, Francesco Minto, Sebastian Negri, Tiziano Pasquali, Nicola Quaglio, Marco Riccioni, Federico Ruzza, Abraham Steyn, Cherif Traore, Federico Zani
Backs: Tommaso Allan, Marty Banks, Tommaso Benvenuti, Ignacio Brex, Giorgio Bronzini, Andrea Buondonno, Angelo Esposito, Edoardo Gori, Ian McKinley, Alberto Sgarbi, Luca Sperandio, Tito Tebaldi

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11674
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by geoff999rugby on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:14 pm

Ulster 2nd/3rds playing Wasps 1st/2nds tonight.

It is the way with friendlies I suppose - anything other than a comfortable Wasps win would be very surprising

geoff999rugby

Posts : 2672
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum