Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Go down

Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking Points for losing to the Lions

50% 50% 
[ 5 ]
50% 50% 
[ 5 ]
 
Total Votes : 10

Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by No9 on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 1:32 am

... if they are beaten by the Lions.

Of course, the Lions cant gain points, as they are an invitation side, but they are playing a capped international, so surely the All Blacks should have points deducted from their World Ranking in the same way as they would for losing a home international game.

Anyone agree... disagree..

No9

Posts : 1235
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by LondonTiger on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 6:48 am

As the calculation to identify the points won and lost uses the total for each team it would be impossible to complete.

As the main official reason for the rankings is to create RWC settings, it is only relevant for matches between teams on the list.

So no and no.

LondonTiger

Posts : 17469
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by majesticimperialman on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 6:57 am

LondonTiger

I do understand what you are saying, but i would have said (YES ) they should loose ranking points IF, IF, they loose the third test.

majesticimperialman

Posts : 4641
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by Gooseberry on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 7:06 am

Yes they should lose all the points they gained for beating other lions teams

Gooseberry

Posts : 3392
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by Scottrf on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 7:16 am

Obviously not.

Scottrf

Posts : 13766
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by Taylorman on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 7:42 am

So all the home unions should all lose points from the first test, 2005 and all the tests they've lost since the rankings started? Geez they might all drop out of the top 10

Taylorman

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by R!skysports on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 1:19 pm

Taylorman wrote:So all the home unions should all lose points from the first test, 2005 and all the tests they've lost since the rankings started? Geez they might all drop out of the top 10

Scotland are safe then :-)

R!skysports

Posts : 3395
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 2:24 pm

R!skysports wrote:
Taylorman wrote:So all the home unions should all lose points from the first test, 2005 and all the tests they've lost since the rankings started? Geez they might all drop out of the top 10

Scotland are safe then :-)

Not if they keep losing to Fiji.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7085
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by R!skysports on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 2:26 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
R!skysports wrote:
Taylorman wrote:So all the home unions should all lose points from the first test, 2005 and all the tests they've lost since the rankings started? Geez they might all drop out of the top 10

Scotland are safe then :-)

Not if they keep losing to Fiji.

better doing so out side of world cups - less points lost :-)

R!skysports

Posts : 3395
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by No9 on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 8:30 pm

Doh

Loosen up boys.... It was t a serious comment, just tongue in cheek.

Wow, has everyone lost all sense of humour on this site....

No9

Posts : 1235
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by Taylorman on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 9:05 pm

No9 wrote:Doh

Loosen up boys.... It was t a serious comment, just tongue in cheek.

Wow, has everyone lost all sense of humour on this site....

Maybe but do you have to make every little bit of fun a dig at an AB loss?

Tongue in cheek of course

Taylorman

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by The Great Aukster on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 9:55 pm

The ranking points issue is just another manifestation of the Lions anachronism. These games aren't Test matches so not only should ranking points not be awarded - official caps shouldn't be either.

The Great Aukster

Posts : 4547
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by Gwlad on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 3:13 am

there should be a penalty for the red card, how can you be the 'best in the world' when your players do stuff like this, they did it n 05 and now again. Its about time we all stood up to this nonsense dirty play that is characterized as 'hard'....it just isn't and they need teaching a lesson.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by Taylorman on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 6:24 am

Gwlad wrote:there should be a penalty for the red card, how can you be the 'best in the world' when your players do stuff like this, they did it n 05 and now again. Its about time we all stood up to this nonsense dirty play that is  characterized as 'hard'....it just isn't and they need teaching a lesson.

There was a penalty, a Lions win and four matches rest. Severe. I'd say unfair even, but that would be an understatement.

Taylorman

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Should the All Blacks lose World Ranking points ...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum