BT secure sole rights to Euro coverage and possibly including terrestrial tv access

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BT secure sole rights to Euro coverage and possibly including terrestrial tv access

Post by Recwatcher16 on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 1:20 pm

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/bath-rugbys-european-champions-cup-162501

Interesting development - well known that Sky subscription levels are dropping prompting a revamp of their sports channels and Union appears to be a possible casualty as they focus on football.

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Re: BT secure sole rights to Euro coverage and possibly including terrestrial tv access

Post by BamBam on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 1:22 pm

Definitely looks like Sky are moving away from club rugby

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket

Rugby doesn't make the cut as one of their themed channels according to this, so makes sense that they haven't got the Euro rights

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Re: BT secure sole rights to Euro coverage and possibly including terrestrial tv access

Post by Sin é on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 4:00 pm

BamBam wrote:Definitely looks like Sky are moving away from club rugby

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-football-golf-cricket

Rugby doesn't make the cut as one of their themed channels according to this, so makes sense that they haven't got the Euro rights

Or maybe they will take a big interest in the PRO12/14 (unfortunately)!
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 4:03 pm

Forgot they had the rights to Pro12, I stand corrected

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 9:22 am

Good news. I can cancel my Sky subscription. The only thing Sky now have is England's autumn internationals. I can just pay for a month's subscription.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 9:23 am

Exiledinborders wrote:Good news. I can cancel my Sky subscription. The only thing Sky now have is England's autumn internationals. I can just pay for a month's subscription.

Take a look at Now TV, used to use this when I just wanted a month

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 9:52 am

Just wondering, but how do people rate BT Broadband? I'm not pleased with Sky - I get connection interruptions too often.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 10:09 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Just wondering, but how do people rate BT Broadband? I'm not pleased with Sky - I get connection interruptions too often.

It's meh. Sky and BT use the same line to connect you to their networks. It's much if a muchness unless you go to Virginia but they have truly woeful customer service.

I use BT broadband purely to get free access to the rugby.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 10:11 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Just wondering, but how do people rate BT Broadband? I'm not pleased with Sky - I get connection interruptions too often.
Mine has never been down. Virgin used to be down a lot. Only problem is that they don't offer any of the speeds Virgin do.
Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 10:38 am

Sky have pro12, top14 and super rugby. There's a good chance they'll bid for pro12 (or the rumoured new name - Atlantic Rugby Championship) exclusivity.
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 10:46 am

I've always heard positive things about Virgin Broadband actually, it's disappointing that the likes of Sky and BT can't provide strong or fast enough wifi though.

profitius wrote:Sky have pro12, top14 and super rugby. There's a good chance they'll bid for pro12 (or the rumoured new name - Atlantic Rugby Championship) exclusivity.

Catchy name Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum