The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle Falcons - 2019 to 2020 Championship - Closed

+43
Margin_Walker
Rinsure
SirBurger
tigertattie
Maine man
Rugby Fan
NeilyBroon
Irish Londoner
englishborn
TightHEAD
RDW
yappysnap
stub
Poorfour
St John The Enforcer
Fluxy
Sgt_Pooly
Welly
formerly known as Sam
Geordie
LondonTiger
Heaf
lostinwales
stnick88
Cyril
king_carlos
Hazel Sapling
21st Century Schizoid Man
EWT Spoons
Forward Pass
TJ
nathan
BigGee
Heaf2
mikey_dragon
Luckless Pedestrian
propdavid_london
Ozzy3213
TrailApe
Driver
tooboredtowork
Cumbrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
47 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Newcastle Falcons - 2019 to 2020 Championship - Closed - Page 2 Empty Newcastle Falcons - 2019 to 2020 Championship - Closed

Post by Geordie Thu 06 Jul 2017, 8:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Manager: Dean Richards
Head Coach: Dave Walder
Forwards Coach: Micky Ward
Defence Coach: Nick Easter
Attack Coach: Dave Walder
Lineout Coach: Scott Macleod
Skills Coach: Mark Laycock

Current Squad:
Forwards
Props:
LH - Sam Lockwood, Adam Brocklebank, Trevor Davison,
Conrad Cade (Senior Academy), Phil Brantingham (Senior Academy)
TH - Rodney Ah You, Logo Mulipola, Mark Tampin, Mike Daniels,
Oscar Caudle  TH(Senior Academy & Tynedale)

Hookers: Kyle Cooper, George McGuigan, Jamie Blamire, Charlie Maddison

Second Rows: Sean Robinson, Darren Barry, Toby Salmon, Greg Peterson,
Will Montgomery (Senior Academy), Freddie Lockwood (Senior Academy), Bailey Ransom (Senior Academy)

Back Row:
6&7's: Mark Wilson, Will Welch, Gary Graham, Jon Hardie,
Guy Graham (Senior Academy), Rob Farrar (Senior Academy), Josh Basham (Senior Academy), Harry Hill (Senior Academy),
8: Philip van der Walt, Nemani Negusa, Calum Chick,
Tom Marshall (Senior Academy), Charlie Richards (Senior Academy & Tynedale)

Backs
SH's: Micky Young, Sam Stuart
Callum Pascoe (Senior Academy & Tynedale), Cameron Nordi Kelemeti (Senior Academy), James Elliott (Senior Academy)

Fh's: Joel Hodgson, Toby Flood, Brett Connon, Tim Swiel, Joel Matavesi
Will Haydon Wood (Senior Academy & Tynedale)

Centres: Matias Orlandi, Gareth Owen, Ben Stevenson, George Wacokecoke,
Charlie Wilson (Senior Academy - At Durham UNi)), Chidera Obonna (Senior Academy)

Wing: Sinoti Sinoti , Adam Radwan, Cooper Vuna
Morgan Passman (Senior Academy),

FB's: Alex Tait, Tom Arscott,

Players unconfirmed:
Seb De Chaves - Only has a one year deal
Jon Welsh - Injuries mean he hasnt played for nearly 2 years.
Connor Collett - has he signed permanently for Doncaster

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Thu 23 Jul 2020, 3:33 pm; edited 125 times in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Falcons - 2019 to 2020 Championship - Closed - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle Falcons - 2019 to 2020 Championship - Closed

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 27 Sep 2017, 5:06 am

Hey Cyril. I'm sure GF will give you better info but here's my go.

You can get the Metro from Newcastle centre (bus station I think?) to Kingston Park Metro Station which is about a 5min walk from the ground. Metro takes approx 30min. I think you can go to Bank Foot too which may indeed be closer to the ground. (Is Bank Foot near Tesco GF?)

There's not too many bars in the local area but the bar in the East stand is pretty good and not too badly priced.

I can't see the issue with buying tickets online. I'd look to sit in the East or West stand personally, it's a bit warmer!

Enjoy your trip Cyril!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Falcons - 2019 to 2020 Championship - Closed - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle Falcons - 2019 to 2020 Championship - Closed

Post by Geordie Wed 27 Sep 2017, 9:58 am

Cyril wrote:Hello Falcons fans Smile

I'm planning on going to the Bath game on 17th Feb with my girlfriend (we're in Newcastle for the weekend for my birthday).

Can we just buy tickets from the Falcons website? Any tips on which standing/sitting tickets to get? It's our first trip to Kingston Park.

Recommendations on travel to the stadium, pubs etc? We'll be staying in Newcastle centre.

Thanks!

Hello mate,

Nice to hear your coming up. Hopefully you'll enjoy the experience.

As to your questions....
Yes you can buy tickets for the game on the falcons Website.

Which ticket depends on what you want.
The South Stand is the crazy vocal all falcons fans one.
The North stand (where I stand) is where the real men stand! It has no roof, is permanently blowing a hooley, several degrees below...etc
The West stand is the best one...brand new all seater undercover and where most of the away fans tend to go. You'll pay near £40 per ticket. Id probably recommend that one as its a good viewing stand for the game.

The stadium has two main bars. The tap and tackle, in the East Stand, which is a nice big bar, lots of screens and has a good vibe. Its always busy long before the game and is good crack.
The other main bar is in the West Stand. Big standard stadium stand bar going the whole length of the stand. It has screens, often entertainment and It is always busy as well.
Either bar you'll pay around £4.50 a pint and I don't think theres any cash points so bring lots with you.

From the city centre, you need to be going to Kingston Park (Gosforth). A taxi will probably cost you £10-20 each way. Or you can get the metro as most fans do (about £4.00 for an all day pass). Go to Monument Metro station ..right in the very centre of town. You will need to get the Airport metro which is the one Kingston Park lies on. Getting to the stadium from the metro is a little tricky...but normally I just say follow the mass of fans Very Happy

After the game...get yourself oot in the toon and have a fab night!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 27 Sep 2017, 11:10 am

With reference to getting to the ground from the Metro (Green/Airport Line)

Two stops

Kingston Park

This is probably the main one used but I don’t like it myself, mainly because you have to pick your way through a housing estate and I always get lost (I’m originally from Seghill and anything bigger than four houses and one horse gets me hopelessly confused)

Bank Foot

This is the stop after Kingston Park and – in my estimation has two main attributes

1) Straightforward route – go out the station, turn right/North (if you have crossed the railway lines you are heading in the wrong direction) head down the road and you should see the Twin Farms pub directly ahead. Cross the road to outside of  the twin farms, turn right/East and head down Main Rd for a hundred yards or so  then turn left/North down Brunton Lane- this passes the entrance to the Stadium.
2) The Twin Farms – probably heaving but has decent beers and also does decent grub.

This route is about half a mile and according to the O/S should take you 10 minutes. Obviously this does not take into account climatic conditions nor the Twin Farms ‘drag’ factor

I have 3 decades of getting bladdered in the Town and recently the Missus has house trained me to include a meal during joint forays, so if you have a type of bar/meal in mind, let me know, I can make a few suggestions and no doubt and the Falcons Mafia will put forth their opinion.

Last edited by TrailApe on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 27 Sep 2017, 11:23 am

https://www.606v2.com/t66463-new-ap-fantasy-rugby-game-606-based

May be looking for a Falcons manager if anybody is interested??

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 27 Sep 2017, 12:14 pm

Cyril,

I can get you a discount on tickets if you'd be interested?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:43 am

You can check out the ground redevelopment plans submitted to the council on the reference below. Looks great, as does what they are going to do with the North Stand.

Guess my season ticket will be going up though Crying or Very sad

2017/1451/01/DET

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:49 am

What's the weather looking like up there for this evening chaps? Are we going to get to see the ball being chucked about or is it going to be blowing a gale and chucking it down?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 29 Sep 2017, 11:25 am

As of right now...its black, peeing it down and blowing a hooley.

However forecast for later is mild...so if the pitch dries off quickly enough we could see a decent attacking game.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 29 Sep 2017, 11:29 am

Are you up for the game Ozzy?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 29 Sep 2017, 11:32 am

Sadly not mate, BT Sport for me tonight.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 29 Sep 2017, 12:42 pm

Interesting thoughts from the Falcons Boss...

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-4931412/Dean-Richards-annoyed-Falcons

We have had a poor representative record of late, and I think that is justified as we've been very poor. However Wilson took too long to get his cap.

Not sure I agree with his full list but he's just looking after his players so I cant criticise him for that. I do think Scot Wilson is the biggest frustration. He was a genuine potential, such a shame he's crippled with injuries

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 29 Sep 2017, 1:01 pm

If Falcons stay in the upper half of the table then he has a point - although they aren't the only side that are doing and have done well in the past that have been underrepresented! Look at who Chiefs produce - Nowell and LCD spring to mind, and the now retired Tom Johnstone....

Deano has a point about some players...but when he says Micky Young should be pushing for test caps!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 29 Sep 2017, 1:38 pm

I can't agree with Deano tbh, only Wilson is good enough to play for England currently.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 29 Sep 2017, 2:16 pm

I believe it became somewhat of a vicious circle. We didn't have any England players, so no potential England players would come and play for us. Rightly or wrongly people with aspirations have come to view us as a club that will not give them international recognition. It has somewhat limited our potential imports of players and encouraged better players to leave. It has been a hard slog but I hope Deano has started to put this right, though I struggle to make a case for many of our current players as others have said (Mark Wilson aside).
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Fri 29 Sep 2017, 2:32 pm

2017/1451/01/DET | Redevelopment of North Stand to include an additional 1,530 seats , new facilities including a hospitality suite, changing rooms and fitness suite. New fan zone at the East Stand and relocation of the electronic scoreboard adjacent to North Stand, new all-weather artificial pitch to the East, erection of new changing block including ancillary groundsman accommodation, reconfigured layout to car parking with additional parking facilities, drainage improvements to the western grass pitch and associated lighting and landscaping works. | Newcastle Falcons Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club Brunton Road Kenton Bankfoot Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 8AF
Reference 2017/1451/01/DET
Alternative Reference PP-06368745
Application Received Mon 11 Sep 2017
Application Validated Thu 14 Sep 2017
Address Newcastle Falcons Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club Brunton Road Kenton Bankfoot Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 8AF
Proposal Redevelopment of North Stand to include an additional 1,530 seats , new facilities including a hospitality suite, changing rooms and fitness suite. New fan zone at the East Stand and relocation of the electronic scoreboard adjacent to North Stand, new all-weather artificial pitch to the East, erection of new changing block including ancillary groundsman accommodation, reconfigured layout to car parking with additional parking facilities, drainage improvements to the western grass pitch and associated lighting and landscaping works.

(I got this from http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=142613319 which is a site I lurk on to see what new boozers are opening - it's also got some very interesting local history)
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Fri 29 Sep 2017, 3:01 pm

Not sure I agree with his full list but he's just looking after his players so I cant criticise him for that. I do think Scot Wilson is the biggest frustration. He was a genuine potential, such a shame he's crippled with injuries

Surely this is a bit of forward thinking - as mentioned by Cumbrian the Falcons have probably lost/missed people due to our low visibility in the National side - here Deano is letting people know that Kingston Park CAN be a place to gain international honours in the near future, sort of 'watch this space'.

Deano has probably a very good idea how all of this runs and is setting out his stall.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 30 Sep 2017, 1:43 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I can't agree with Deano tbh, only Wilson is good enough to play for England currently.

I agree Sgt

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:31 am

But we are top!!!!! 19pts after 5 games......unreal.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 09 Oct 2017, 2:24 pm

http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/newcastle_falcons.php?section=3

I see we are putting out a pretty strong squad for the Europeans. Maybe Dean wants to make a mark on it this season...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Mon 09 Oct 2017, 3:32 pm

I see we are putting out a pretty strong squad for the Europeans. Maybe Dean wants to make a mark on it this season...

I dunno... is it just me that feels we are a couple of injuries away from mid table mediocrity?

(lol - imagine saying that a few years ago)
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 09 Oct 2017, 3:45 pm

I don't think we're that bad, If we lose someone we tend to have someone on par to come into the side and not unsettle things to much.

DTH has looked pretty good since he come in and Goneva is playing his best rugby for a while.

I'd expect Toby Flood to start at the weekend and play 60 mins as he'll need the minutes.

Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:13 am

TrailApe wrote:

I dunno... is it just me that feels we are a couple of injuries away from mid table mediocrity?

(lol - imagine saying that a few years ago)

Seems to me we already have those injuries TA. Looking across the board we have some good options unavailable, especially in the front row...which is getting hammered weekly.

I think the squad is buying into the brand of rugby Walder is trying to bring through so this can go past a few players being injured, players seem to be integrating into the style quite nicely.

Key players to lose would be Welsh, Wilson, Taka and Gonova at this stage I think.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 11 Oct 2017, 11:03 am

Ill be interested to see how the balance of the side is for the game on Saturday. I suspect it will be players looking to get fitness and games..ie the back row (Burrows, Graham, Fonua, Orr) as Wilson, Welch and Latu are playing every game and need a breather.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Oct 2017, 5:28 pm

'The Dragons are poised to rest a handful of key individuals in their European Challenge Cup opener at Newcastle after a heavy workload.'

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/dragons/15587505.Dragons_set_to_freshen_up_XV_for_Euro_opener_in_Newcastle/

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 12 Oct 2017, 8:54 am

Ah interesting.

The thing is we have developed a strong squad now, so our replacements are players who will be challenging for starting spots anyway. They just need gametime.

For example....Players like Ryan Burrows. He must start on Saturday to get vital gametime. He would be my choice to start at 8 for us in the key premiership games because he's an absolute beast of a number 8. The type of player we are missing. And a captain.  

Also the likes of Toby Flood starting and getting valuable gametime....

So we wont necessarily be putting out a weakened side.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 12 Oct 2017, 11:47 am

I notice that Socino (JP) and Goneva are not in the Euro squad. Long term injuries or being rested from this competition?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 12 Oct 2017, 11:54 am

Rested and an EQ decision I guess.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 12 Oct 2017, 12:49 pm

Rested LT

We have some cracking young wingers coming through - Radwan in particular, and a few centres that need gametime - noteably the Matavesi brothers, Josh who hasn't set the world alight since he came here and Joel who hasn't played at all.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 12 Oct 2017, 1:26 pm

Socino is banned for two weeks after being cited for striking Whitten.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 12 Oct 2017, 1:27 pm

Whats Zach Kibirige upto injured?

He is a player i hope Tigers are keeping tabs on alot of potential and if Radwan is view as the big star at falcons he might be lured we only have Olowfela in the development team coming up at win g and he has been playing 15 in the a league (and doing very well in it). Could do with a young winger with speed putting pressure on Brady's spot.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Thu 12 Oct 2017, 2:22 pm

hope Tigers are keeping tabs on alot of potential

(mischevious mode 'on')
Now Welly, why would a person who's playing for a top four side want to go and play for some team scrapping it out in the middle of the table?
(mischevious mode 'off')

as they say - lol.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 12 Oct 2017, 4:30 pm

Kibirige is in the Euro squad. He's been down in NZ playing over the summer, he hasn't been back long.

Hopefully he's flying!

Him and Radwan have pace that not even Goneva or Sinoti can match! But obviously not quite the power...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 13 Oct 2017, 12:00 pm

Team for Newport:
Very strong...but so many home grown in that squad!

15 Simon Hammersley (HG)
14 Alex Tait (HG)
13 Maxime Mermoz
12 Toby Flood (HG)
11 Adam Radwan (HG)
10 Joel Hodgson (HG)
9 Sam Stuart

1 Rob Vickers
2 Ben Sowrey
3 Trevor Davison (HG)
4 Will Witty (HG)
5 Sean Robinson (HG)
6 Mark Wilson (captain) (HG)
7 Gary Graham
8 Ryan Burrows

Replacements
16 Jamie Blamire (HG)
17 Adam Brocklebank (HG)
18 Scott Wilson (HG)
19 Glen Young (HG)
20 Will Welch (HG)
21 Ruaridh Dawson (HG)
22 Cameron Cowell
23 Chris Harris (HG)

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 13 Oct 2017, 12:08 pm

And Scotty Wilson on the bench....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Fri 13 Oct 2017, 12:13 pm

Initially Deano had his detractors (in fact some were 'outraged' given his history) but you cannot deny that something good is happening at KP.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Oct 2017, 12:15 pm

Nice looking team.

Great to see Flood and Mermoz link up as well as starts in the backrow for the new guys. I wonder what kind of level Wilson will be at, he's been out for so long with so many injuries.

Radwan is an interesting one. Having seen him in 7's, he has serious gas. Not sure he has what it takes for 15 game though as he doesn't have much of a step, time will tell.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Oct 2017, 12:16 pm

TrailApe wrote:Initially Deano had his detractors (in fact some were 'outraged' given his history) but you cannot deny that something good is happening at KP.

100% TA, certainly the latter half of last season and the start of this have been fantastic. I think this is all we want as Falcons fan, some hope that we might win a few games and compete.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 13 Oct 2017, 12:36 pm

Sgt,

Radwan has played a couple of first team 15's and looked made for it.

Its the back row that particularly interests me...Graham is supposed to be a real physical nut, whilst Burrows is a big ball carrier at 8.

Everyone will be watching Scotty Wilson...please let him stay injury free now.

As to Dean.
Yeah, when he arrived he said he had a plan, that takes years but will come good. Many fans including myself were beginning to become a bit impatient.
But he's proving himself right all along now!

Theres a real depth of talent and squad building. And most of them home grown!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Oct 2017, 12:38 pm

Time will tell with Radwan GF, but I'm not convinced as of yet.

Dean is a little behind his 5 year plan but we're certainly on the right track. Good time to be a Falcons fan......at last!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 13 Oct 2017, 12:43 pm

Yeah, and Kibirgie is still in this European squad aswell...

Yeah Dean is a little behind, but I think the squad and club was in a worse situation than we probably all thought.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 13 Oct 2017, 1:13 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Kibirige is in the Euro squad. He's been down in NZ playing over the summer, he hasn't been back long.

Hopefully he's flying!

Him and Radwan have pace that not even Goneva or Sinoti can match! But obviously not quite the power...

Will be interesting to see what deano will do to replace Goneva.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Oct 2017, 1:16 pm

Goneva has been amazing, he'll be really tough to replace. Wing is pretty strong currently with DTH and Sinoti also on the books, happy with any of those tbh.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 13 Oct 2017, 9:51 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Team for Newport:
Very strong...but so many home grown in that squad!

15 Simon Hammersley (HG)
14 Alex Tait (HG)
13 Maxime Mermoz
12 Toby Flood  (HG)
11 Adam Radwan (HG)
10 Joel Hodgson (HG)
9 Sam Stuart

1 Rob Vickers
2 Ben Sowrey
3 Trevor Davison (HG)
4 Will Witty (HG)
5 Sean Robinson (HG)
6 Mark Wilson (captain) (HG)
7 Gary Graham
8 Ryan Burrows

Replacements
16 Jamie Blamire (HG)
17 Adam Brocklebank (HG)
18 Scott Wilson (HG)
19 Glen Young (HG)
20 Will Welch (HG)
21 Ruaridh Dawson (HG)
22 Cameron Cowell
23 Chris Harris (HG)

You aren’t playing Newport. The dragons team is somewhat experimental, a bit like our match against Ulster away. I expect the score will be similar in Newcastle’s favour too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 10:08 pm

Won't be surprised to see 50 points on us Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 14 Oct 2017, 3:53 pm

Woeful game bor8ng with nothing happening...half tine
10-6

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 14 Oct 2017, 3:55 pm

Radwan has looked very good scoring a try and Graham has really put himself about in defence.

But aside from that....dull as dishwater.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf2 Sat 14 Oct 2017, 4:13 pm

Looks like Dragons are making a game of it purely based on the score?

Heaf2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 4:14 pm

Looks like 15-13 now. BBC is reporting that Rynard Landman, the big South African 2nd row, has scored a try and has then kicked the conversion! I'm assuming that's incorrect!

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf2 Sat 14 Oct 2017, 4:15 pm

15-20 according to flashscore

Heaf2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 4:16 pm

Yes, BBC has caught up now. A try for the Dragons wing Ashton Hewitt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next