Ireland November Tests.

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Ireland November Tests.

Post by carpet baboon on Mon 10 Jul 2017, 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

What would we like to see?
With ringrose definitely out, and henshaw and Payne looking unlikely, who shall step into the centre pairing?
If all our back row are fit whats the best combo?
Will tonner continue in the row or will he be usurped?

Lots of questions, and the season hasnt even started yet

carpet baboon

Posts : 1950
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down


Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by SecretFly on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:02 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:

Fly: I am married with a daughter. I carry an Irish passport, some of my relatives are English, I live in Belfast. I am a practising athiest and I am in my early 60's.

Does that confession mean I am no longer have anonymity on the internet Very Happy


Ha! HA!!! I knew it was you all along. I could tell by the way you say things.
I'm the guy who drives ever so slowly in front of you every week on that little side-road exit that becomes a bottleneck when someone like me shows up. Know it? Yeah, that's me! I never knew you were an atheist by the way you drive though. Absolutely thought you must have been Presbyterian the way you change from 1st to 2nd so quickly. Anyway... I'll stop and talk next time I park on that exit OK


SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by Pete330v2 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:23 pm

"I am married with a daughter. I carry an Irish passport, some of my relatives are English, I live in Belfast. I am a practising athiest and I am in my early 60's."

I am your polar opposite Geoff.

I am not married and have a son. I carry a UK passport and none of my relatives are English, I live in Armagh (the opposite to Belfast).
The Atheist bit's the same though but I'm not practicing any more, I'm really good at it.

Pete330v2

Posts : 3572
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by geoff999rugby on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:30 pm

Fly I'm Catholic atheist not a Protestant atheist

It matters up here you know laughing

geoff999rugby

Posts : 3928
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:38 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:I don't think Argentina are woeful at all. They spanked Italy and put in a decent shift against England in Twickers.

They are also fairly battle hardened from just going through the rugby championship. I think this will be one hell of a tough game.

Their ranking is skewed because they have played England 4 times, NZ twice, Aus twice and SA twice and Italy once this year. That's 8 games from 11 against the top three sides in the world.

A decent shift?

They were woeful, there was no creativity or patience in attack and the kicking was some of the worst I've seen in test rugby

and yet they only lost by 13 points in Twickenham.

England have won their home games this year by an average of 22 points this year. They thrashed Scotland, Australia and Italy at home.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1377
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by marty2086 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:41 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:I don't think Argentina are woeful at all. They spanked Italy and put in a decent shift against England in Twickers.

They are also fairly battle hardened from just going through the rugby championship. I think this will be one hell of a tough game.

Their ranking is skewed because they have played England 4 times, NZ twice, Aus twice and SA twice and Italy once this year. That's 8 games from 11 against the top three sides in the world.

A decent shift?

They were woeful, there was no creativity or patience in attack and the kicking was some of the worst I've seen in test rugby

and yet they only lost by 13 points in Twickenham.

England have won their home games this year by an average of 22 points this year. They thrashed Scotland, Australia and Italy at home.

So because of the points margin that means Argentina weren't that bad? That's strange logic


marty2086

Posts : 10174
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 32
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by SecretFly on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:52 pm

Well not being absolutely hammered by England is a considered bonus these days.  You have to give them some credit for managing to get out of there with a respectable scoreline.

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by brennomac on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:54 pm

SecretFly wrote:
rapidsnowman wrote:Shocked

Bungle and Zippy were characters from ancient times when TVs had aerials that didn't work much unless you thumped the side of the TV with a sledgehammer.

Does that help?

Fly, I'm pretty ancient - can remember black and white telly, rabbits ears aerials and aerials on every roof before cable tv arrived, but who the fock are Bungle and Zippy - can remember Hekyll and Jekyll though

brennomac

Posts : 824
Join date : 2011-02-11
Location : Dublin 8 - that bastion or rugby

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by Geen sport voor watjes on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:59 pm

Sounds like 606v2 is turning into a dating site

Geen sport voor watjes

Posts : 493
Join date : 2015-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 4:00 pm

MichaelT wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:He hardly had a terrible Lions tour. However, he may have been a little tired after bullying the English pack in the Six Nations, something Cyril seems to have forgot. His golden boys didn't turn up that day, did they? Wink

The English had turned up at the previous four games though - how did Ireland get on in the grand scheme of things? You do know its called the Six Nations tournament don't you? Its not the one-off match when we have no chance of winning the tournament because we assumed we would be playing for a grand slam after we won another one-off match five months before and didnt bother for the other matches tournament.

Look at the original post I was responding to. Your points are irrelevant.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11324
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by SecretFly on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 4:01 pm

Bungle and Zippy were two characters that probably wouldn't get onto to Telly these days unless you ignore a twosome like Ant and Dec..... Yes, that's a good comparison - the Ant and Dec of entertainment but with hands up their asses instead of heads...

That's the best I can do!

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by SecretFly on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 4:03 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Sounds like 606v2 is turning into a dating site

Laugh

Who get's you though, Geen. That's what we're all waiting to find out. Which lovely lady takes you out for a spin

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by SecretFly on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 4:05 pm

brennomac wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
rapidsnowman wrote:Shocked

Bungle and Zippy were characters from ancient times when TVs had aerials that didn't work much unless you thumped the side of the TV with a sledgehammer.

Does that help?

Fly, I'm pretty ancient - can remember black and white telly, rabbits ears aerials and aerials on every roof before cable tv arrived, but who the fock are Bungle and Zippy - can remember Hekyll and Jekyll though

Rabbits Ears woz it? Oh My.... how very posh. The best signal I could come up with was a coat hanger bent into the shape of Bungle.

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 4:12 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:I don't think Argentina are woeful at all. They spanked Italy and put in a decent shift against England in Twickers.

They are also fairly battle hardened from just going through the rugby championship. I think this will be one hell of a tough game.

Their ranking is skewed because they have played England 4 times, NZ twice, Aus twice and SA twice and Italy once this year. That's 8 games from 11 against the top three sides in the world.

A decent shift?

They were woeful, there was no creativity or patience in attack and the kicking was some of the worst I've seen in test rugby

and yet they only lost by 13 points in Twickenham.

England have won their home games this year by an average of 22 points this year. They thrashed Scotland, Australia and Italy at home.

So because of the points margin that means Argentina weren't that bad? That's strange logic


Is it? They performed better in Twickenham that the teams ranked 3rd and 5th in the world, both ranked above them.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1377
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by marty2086 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:I don't think Argentina are woeful at all. They spanked Italy and put in a decent shift against England in Twickers.

They are also fairly battle hardened from just going through the rugby championship. I think this will be one hell of a tough game.

Their ranking is skewed because they have played England 4 times, NZ twice, Aus twice and SA twice and Italy once this year. That's 8 games from 11 against the top three sides in the world.

A decent shift?

They were woeful, there was no creativity or patience in attack and the kicking was some of the worst I've seen in test rugby

and yet they only lost by 13 points in Twickenham.

England have won their home games this year by an average of 22 points this year. They thrashed Scotland, Australia and Italy at home.

So because of the points margin that means Argentina weren't that bad? That's strange logic


Is it? They performed better in Twickenham that the teams ranked 3rd and 5th in the world, both ranked above them.

By that logic Fiji are better than SA because they only lost by 3 to Ireland

marty2086

Posts : 10174
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 32
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by Pete330v2 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 4:21 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:I don't think Argentina are woeful at all. They spanked Italy and put in a decent shift against England in Twickers.

They are also fairly battle hardened from just going through the rugby championship. I think this will be one hell of a tough game.

Their ranking is skewed because they have played England 4 times, NZ twice, Aus twice and SA twice and Italy once this year. That's 8 games from 11 against the top three sides in the world.

A decent shift?

They were woeful, there was no creativity or patience in attack and the kicking was some of the worst I've seen in test rugby

and yet they only lost by 13 points in Twickenham.

England have won their home games this year by an average of 22 points this year. They thrashed Scotland, Australia and Italy at home.

So because of the points margin that means Argentina weren't that bad? That's strange logic


Is it? They performed better in Twickenham that the teams ranked 3rd and 5th in the world, both ranked above them.

By that logic Fiji are better than SA because they only lost by 3 to Ireland

Nice one Marty, here endeth the lesson

Pete330v2

Posts : 3572
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by SecretFly on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 4:26 pm

Well the Fiji that played us might easily have beaten the SA that didn't beat us.  It's a strange old game is rugby union.

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by SecretFly on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 4:45 pm

Actually, - and seriously for a moment - would that be a real and blunt solution to ... Pacific Island issues - the SANZAR sides inviting Samoa and Fiji into the Rugby Championship. In truth, I think even they would admit that they owe more brotherly allegiance to these islands than they do to a South American side.

I say this because I ask myself would Samoa or Fiji actually offer much much more of a challenge to the top three in that contest if they got into the rhythm of having a high level contest to fight in every season?


SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by marty2086 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 5:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:Well the Fiji that played us might easily have beaten the SA that didn't beat us.  It's a strange old game is rugby union.

Problem is that Ireland put out different sides, what Collapse misses completely is that England were pretty poor too with some poor passing, poor discipline and they really missed Farrell

marty2086

Posts : 10174
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 32
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 8:29 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:I don't think Argentina are woeful at all. They spanked Italy and put in a decent shift against England in Twickers.

They are also fairly battle hardened from just going through the rugby championship. I think this will be one hell of a tough game.

Their ranking is skewed because they have played England 4 times, NZ twice, Aus twice and SA twice and Italy once this year. That's 8 games from 11 against the top three sides in the world.

A decent shift?

They were woeful, there was no creativity or patience in attack and the kicking was some of the worst I've seen in test rugby

and yet they only lost by 13 points in Twickenham.

England have won their home games this year by an average of 22 points this year. They thrashed Scotland, Australia and Italy at home.

So because of the points margin that means Argentina weren't that bad? That's strange logic


Is it? They performed better in Twickenham that the teams ranked 3rd and 5th in the world, both ranked above them.

By that logic Fiji are better than SA because they only lost by 3 to Ireland

Nice one Marty, here endeth the lesson

Maybe if you are thick it does. However the Ireland team that faced SA was completely different to the one that faced Fiji. However the England side that faced Argentina was full strength as it was for all their other home games by and large.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1377
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm

marty2086 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Well the Fiji that played us might easily have beaten the SA that didn't beat us.  It's a strange old game is rugby union.

Problem is that Ireland put out different sides, what Collapse misses completely is that England were pretty poor too with some poor passing, poor discipline and they really missed Farrell

England have been winning games playing badly all year. they weren't great v Australia and Italy at home either.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1377
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by Pot Hale on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 1:27 am

SecretFly wrote:
brennomac wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
rapidsnowman wrote:Shocked

Bungle and Zippy were characters from ancient times when TVs had aerials that didn't work much unless you thumped the side of the TV with a sledgehammer.

Does that help?

Fly, I'm pretty ancient - can remember black and white telly, rabbits ears aerials and aerials on every roof before cable tv arrived, but who the fock are Bungle and Zippy - can remember Hekyll and Jekyll though

Rabbits Ears woz it?  Oh My.... how very posh.  The best signal I could come up with was a coat hanger bent into the shape of Bungle.

I found a coat hanger just stuck into the aerial socket at the back worked fine for getting RTE on channel A. UTV was a bit hairy though. I did enjoy Closedown though - brought a good end to the day.
avatar
Pot Hale

Posts : 5897
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 57
Location : Dubhlinn

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland November Tests.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum