Changes to laws

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Changes to laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 3:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Been kicking around for a while so most of you have probably seen but here yu go. Apologies for the england site rather than wr but it popped up on twitter.

http://www.englandrugby.com/news/world-rugby-announce-six-law-changes/

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to laws

Post by kingelderfield on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:18 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:I can see the mandatory hook being enforced as much as the straight put in has been. Will this mean TMO stoppages to check if there was a hook? Smile
How exactly do you get a turnover at ruck time now if it's immediately a ruck with hands out being called? Do you actually have to drive over to win the ball? Will this commit more forwards to the rucks or will rucks become more like the league restarts?

This is the nub. Though you're right to suggest the alternative where more players commit in competition much like the AB's tended to a couple of seasons back - when a turn over at the ruck appeared a possibility they all piled in.

I'm gonna re-watch the Ulster Wasps preseason to see if there's a noticeable change in approach.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 5:46 am

I saw a piece yesterday, probably in the toryrag, reporting the RFU's supposed concerns that the law changes/trials are by effect producing more tackles and rucks and this is the driving reason for the increased injury toll being suffered by the current rolling stock. Of course it is plausible but give me strength, as an example of Newtonian spin the rag writer GM is a tedious exponent.
The simple and obvious issue is the players are too big and powerful and as RA so cynically said the game needs to dial back from its current incarnation. I believe as mentioned before the way to do this is to significantly reduce the bench options, Doctors advice only etc.
Looking back in a few years time this period of the games history maybe thought of as some strange aberration, but more likely a time when the game nearly destroyed itself.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 8:31 am

It's a difficult solution. In theory fewer subs could mean some players lose mass for more stamina but then you're increasing the workload for those players meaning you suffer more collisions and contacts. I'm also a but wary that the new laws are the cause of the slight difference in play. Realistically there's not much changed to the poaching rules; possibility that teams are mirroring saracens approach of high work rate players on their feet and in the defensive line ASAP after a tackle etc. Will be interesting to see more evidence going forward though.

Are the trial laws bring used for the AI s or are nh teams again at the disadvantage here?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 8:42 am

ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 9:10 am

Ta.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 7:35 pm

As I understand it, it's basic physics and so we should chose more lower impact collisions rather than continue to expose the players to the multiplying effects of size and speed.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 4:09 am

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 12:37 pm

Gwlad wrote:

Did you suffer from a lot of collisions ebop?
Did you graduate from kindergarten gwlad?
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 2:43 pm

ebop wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Obviously you did...you don't graduate from kindergarten Doh

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 5:28 pm

Gwlad wrote:
ebop wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Oh stop being so negative Gwlad, youll get out of there one day, just eat your greens and stop getting off the naughty chair and youll get there, but you need to believe it first thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 2:02 am

Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
ebop wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Oh stop being so negative Gwlad, youll get out of there one day, just eat your greens and stop getting off the naughty chair and youll get there, but you need to believe it first thumbsup

Sounds like a Steve Hansen locker room chat.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 9:20 am

Ben Te'o injured to add to the list. What's going on? Is it really the laws or are players running on empty.
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 11:01 am

This site does make me laugh sometimes. I do not like you or what you say so you must be a child and not have gotten out of Kindergarten.

It really does highlight the lack of intellect on here at times.
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 5:39 pm

eirebilly wrote:This site does make me laugh sometimes. I do not like you or what you say so you must be a child and not have gotten out of Kindergarten.

It really does highlight the lack of intellect on here at times.

well said, it illustrates that they have nothing else to offer except tired remarks that you usually find in the playground.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop on Mon 16 Oct 2017, 12:03 am

Been a few injuries to Welsh players over the weekend

New laws?
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie on Mon 16 Oct 2017, 2:27 am

The more collisions and contact, accordingly you will experience more injuries however it benefits the defending team more than the team in possession and that could do more harm to the product.

I'm not convinced yet that these laws were done in the interests of player welfare, time will tell.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 6:48 pm

So the AI's will be the first opportunity for the SH countries to play under the Trial Laws. This surely will be to the advantage of the NH?

I'm really interested to see how they deal with the tackle/ruck changes and the ramifications for the defense.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 11:53 am

I am surprised there hasn't been more chat around the SH's introduction to the trial laws.

Surely this will be a post game discussion point (excuse)?

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 8:28 am

So despite the new definition of a ruck Scotland took IIRC 5 turnovers at the ruck yesterday with Watson getting 3. so it hasn't stopped the contest for the ball if you have the skill and speed

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum