Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by George Carlin on Sun 30 Jul 2017, 7:15 am

First topic message reminder :

New season, new thread.
avatar
George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13810
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down


Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Scottrf on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 2:01 pm

Honestly he's done good things for the club, but all I hear these days is friction, stubbornness, no willingness to accept input from players. That and our forward rotation policy and regression of some of our forwards and I'd like a change.

Scottrf

Posts : 12649
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 2:06 pm

Imagine if he did come...its getting like a Tigers old boys reunion...

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18771
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by wayne on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 2:12 pm

Please can we (Ospreys) have him, there were rumours a year or so ago, that he was on his way to us, which obviously were not true, I think he could do us a lot of good.

wayne

Posts : 3113
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 2:29 pm

Im not sure we need him. That's the main point.

Our scrum woes have more been due to all our props being long term injured.
Lockwood, and Both Wilsons simply haven't played...and Welsh and Vickers have had to play far more than they probably should have.

But with mavinga being eased in, and young Benjamin showing up well , the two lads work load can be eased a bit.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18771
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Hazel Sapling on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 7:44 pm

Rumours in the Scottish thread are that Finn Russell is off. Montpellier was rumoured earlier and now Racing. Looks like France unless an English club (personally I would think Sale or Wasps would be interested) break the piggy bank (salary apparently starting near Hogg's £450k).

Hazel Sapling

Posts : 969
Join date : 2015-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:16 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:Rumours in the Scottish thread are that Finn Russell is off. Montpellier was rumoured earlier and now Racing. Looks like France unless an English club (personally I would think Sale or Wasps would be interested) break the piggy bank (salary apparently starting near Hogg's £450k).

Given the current state of Sale I'm not sure they'll be paying big on another flyhalf, they do have O'Connor when he's eventually fit. I'd expect them to be targeting some big aggressive tight five options. They've upgraded their backrow and now just need to finish the pack off.

Wasps have Gopperth and Cipriani so that's a good chunk of salary cap. Russell would be a good fit for them though. Newcastle might be tempted if Flood doesn't get fit and playing anytime soon.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:05 pm

We won't be interested Sam. Got 3 real promising 10's on our books behind flood.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18771
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Bathite on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 3:47 am

stnick88 wrote:I actually think Yarde was better at Irish than he has been at Quins.

Any rumours as to where he is off to? Wouldn't surprise me if it was Bath.

This rumours comes up every year and i'm not sure why really. Guess it is the Irish link? Can't understand why we'd be in for him though, with Roko and Banners set on the wings, with Brew, Wilson, Williams in reserve and Watson able to cover, we aren't really short right now. Possible that Wilson and Williams won't be at the club next year and I guess Yarde offers something a bit different to Banners/Roko, but i'm not convinced he's good value.

Bathite

Posts : 8380
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by propdavid_london on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 9:29 am

Im not sure how it works with contracts.....one assumes that Yardes new contract wherever it may be wont be much of an improvement on what he is on at Quins as his career hasn't had that meteoric rise that was hinted at when he first broke onto the international stage. With less international appearances he may well be 'better value' now than when he first moved.

propdavid_london

Posts : 2750
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Ozzy3213 on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 9:44 am

I don't know what Yarde is on now, but I do know that when he went to Quins, he went for less money than he was offered to stay at Irish, and we were/are not paying big wages, so I would suggest that actually he is potentially going to be good value for money for somebody.
avatar
Ozzy3213
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 18447
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 41
Location : Sandhurst

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Welly on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 12:17 pm

what would Falcons fans prefer West or Wells? Cause i have been hearing Wells might be returning to Tigers (Might being the big word)

Welly

Posts : 3675
Join date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 2:01 pm

Wells is defence coach this season...and we have absolutely no issues there whatsoever.

Micky Ward is Forwards coach. Maybe Dean feels he wants that role split between Forward and scrum coach.

Cardiff coach Danny Wilson (Saints main target) has announced hes leaving at the end of the season...hardly a coincidence I think!

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18771
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by propdavid_london on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 3:02 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I don't know what Yarde is on now, but I do know that when he went to Quins, he went for less money than he was offered to stay at Irish, and we were/are not paying big wages, so I would suggest that actually he is potentially going to be good value for money for somebody.  
OK, thanks Ozzy - thought we really broke the bank to get him.....perhaps I do him a disservice then! And he has been better value than I gave him credit for.

propdavid_london

Posts : 2750
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 3:50 pm

Welly wrote:what would Falcons fans prefer West or Wells? Cause i have been hearing Wells might be returning to Tigers (Might being the big word)

Be an interesting return for Wells. Might give the forwards some old Tigers aggression.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Hazel Sapling on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 4:58 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:Rumours in the Scottish thread are that Finn Russell is off. Montpellier was rumoured earlier and now Racing. Looks like France unless an English club (personally I would think Sale or Wasps would be interested) break the piggy bank (salary apparently starting near Hogg's £450k).

Given the current state of Sale I'm not sure they'll be paying big on another flyhalf, they do have O'Connor when he's eventually fit. I'd expect them to be targeting some big aggressive tight five options. They've upgraded their backrow and now just need to finish the pack off.

Wasps have Gopperth and Cipriani so that's a good chunk of salary cap. Russell would be a good fit for them though. Newcastle might be tempted if Flood doesn't get fit and playing anytime soon.

Gopperth is 34 and Cips is 30 this season. Don't know when their contracts expire but Russell is an upgrade on Cips and Gopperth is in the twilight years hence my thinking.

As for Sale, completely forgot about JOC.

Hazel Sapling

Posts : 969
Join date : 2015-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 6:45 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:Rumours in the Scottish thread are that Finn Russell is off. Montpellier was rumoured earlier and now Racing. Looks like France unless an English club (personally I would think Sale or Wasps would be interested) break the piggy bank (salary apparently starting near Hogg's £450k).

Given the current state of Sale I'm not sure they'll be paying big on another flyhalf, they do have O'Connor when he's eventually fit. I'd expect them to be targeting some big aggressive tight five options. They've upgraded their backrow and now just need to finish the pack off.

Wasps have Gopperth and Cipriani so that's a good chunk of salary cap. Russell would be a good fit for them though. Newcastle might be tempted if Flood doesn't get fit and playing anytime soon.

Gopperth is 34 and Cips is 30 this season. Don't know when their contracts expire but Russell is an upgrade on Cips and Gopperth is in the twilight years hence my thinking.

As for Sale, completely forgot about JOC.

I think Cipriani signed a three year deal when he rejoined Wasps so he has a year left. Gopperth signed a new deal last season so presume he's got a year after this. Russell would be a step up but given Cips is rumoured to be on 450k a year and Gopperth won't be cheap either so signing another flyhalf on 400k+ will be a big old chunk of budget. They'd have to find a way to offload one if Russell was coming. Cips is the local boy and the younger so unlikely they'll ditch him over Gopperth but the options of Cips and Russell isn't massively reliable.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 7:32 pm

Ironic I'm saying this after slating him initially....but keep away from John Wells please . I don't think he's going anywhere.

In fact I don't think any coach is. More likely if these rumours are true that he's being brought in to share forward duties with Micky Ward. One as forwards coach and one as scrum coach.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18771
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Exiledinborders on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 7:47 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:Rumours in the Scottish thread are that Finn Russell is off. Montpellier was rumoured earlier and now Racing. Looks like France unless an English club (personally I would think Sale or Wasps would be interested) break the piggy bank (salary apparently starting near Hogg's £450k).

Given the current state of Sale I'm not sure they'll be paying big on another flyhalf, they do have O'Connor when he's eventually fit. I'd expect them to be targeting some big aggressive tight five options. They've upgraded their backrow and now just need to finish the pack off.

Wasps have Gopperth and Cipriani so that's a good chunk of salary cap. Russell would be a good fit for them though. Newcastle might be tempted if Flood doesn't get fit and playing anytime soon.

Gopperth is 34 and Cips is 30 this season. Don't know when their contracts expire but Russell is an upgrade on Cips and Gopperth is in the twilight years hence my thinking.

As for Sale, completely forgot about JOC.

I think Cipriani signed a three year deal when he rejoined Wasps so he has a year left. Gopperth signed a new deal last season so presume he's got a year after this. Russell would be a step up but given Cips is rumoured to be on 450k a year and Gopperth won't be cheap either so signing another flyhalf on 400k+ will be a big old chunk of budget. They'd have to find a way to offload one if Russell was coming. Cips is the local boy and the younger so unlikely they'll ditch him over Gopperth but the options of Cips and Russell isn't massively reliable.
I can't see them losing Cipriani to get Russell - what would be the point. It would be a drop in level. Gopperth is getting older and will need replacing but I would think they would like a like for like which Russell certainly is not.

Exiledinborders

Posts : 1360
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : Scottish Borders

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Welly on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Ironic I'm saying this after slating him initially....but keep away from John Wells please . I don't think he's going anywhere.

In fact I don't think any coach is. More likely if these rumours are true that he's being brought in to share forward duties with Micky Ward. One as forwards coach and one as scrum coach.

whilst i don't think Tigers are after Wells, I wouldn't underestimate the draw of returning to his club of 20+ years, unlike Richards Wells left on good terms with Tigers aswell.

Personally i feel Tigers need to look outside the box for a new coach maybe even try and find a top short term consultant style coach like Henry has done with Leinster etc.

Welly

Posts : 3675
Join date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Welly on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 8:25 am

Tatafu Polota-Nau to Tigers doing the rounds.

Welly

Posts : 3675
Join date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 9:21 am

Welly wrote:Tatafu Polota-Nau to Tigers doing the rounds.

32 year old hooker psst his prime. It's not like we've got two young talented players behind Youngs pushing for a starting place and have recently acquired a former Scottish age grade hooker that's getting game time with Loughborough Uni.

Pointless. Unless he's coming as a player/coach?

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Welly on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 10:50 am

Don't think it would be pointless.

Kerr is very much a development project.
Thacker hell of a player but I wouldn't trust him v a big French pack or sarries etc.
Youngs tigers legend but has a lot going on.

32 isn't past it for a hooker imo at club level IMO.

Welly

Posts : 3675
Join date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 10:59 am

32 isn't past it, really he should be in his prime as a front row player but when I've seen him play over the last couple of years he hasn't been at his best. Previously he was a rampaging bull of a hooker, almost like having another number 8 when he carried. That dynamism seems to have faded and he's nowhere close to his international level best anymore.

Thacker has played very well this season, he certainly had no trouble in helping Cole and Genge demolish the Saints front row. Hartley made no impact on him whatsoever. Around the field he is one of our best carriers because of his low centre of gravity footwork. Against Racing in Nottingham a couple of years ago he was fantastic and their pack was definitely massive. Tom Youngs has a lot on his plate but he's finding rugby as his release and is playing well, last season his emotions for to him this season he is channelling them and it's the best he's been in a couple of years.

Unless Thacker has a serious injury I'd prefer to use the lads we have. Kerr should be given a go in the LV, he's billed as a physical hooker so let's invest in him and reap the long term rewards. We have a potential conveyorbelt of talent let's get it moving.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Welly on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:23 am

Saints scrum hasn't exactly been a benchmarker this season, it's their biggest flaw, doing great work around the park though.

Yeh but with youngs situation it might be a release but for how long? I would say bar Exeter and chiefs he was pretty average.

Welly

Posts : 3675
Join date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:43 am

I think Tom's performances have improved as our game plan has changed. As our game plan has become more direct, physical and reliant on hard work he's looked better. Whether or not his outlook on playing will change is all hypothetical. If he needs some down time we have two perfectly good backups and a short term loan of a hooker would not present too much of a problem. Signing a player past his best who may get in the way of our younger hookers game time and who is unlikely to have any real future a the club isn't deal in my view.

We may be out of the loop re Tiffany Youngs (there's no reason to keep us in it) so there might be an immediate concern there, I don't want to speculate further. I just prefer to see us develop what we have than risk losing out on home grown talents later down the line like Lewington for instance.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Ozzy3213 on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 10:54 am

Joe Cokanasiga just signed a new 4 year deal at Irish. That news has brightened my Monday morning!
avatar
Ozzy3213
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 18447
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 41
Location : Sandhurst

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by beshocked on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:27 am

Rumour that Lozowski is going to Exeter next season.

Always thought Saracens would lose either Malins or Lozowski. Looks likely to be the latter currently.

beshocked

Posts : 14379
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by No 7&1/2 on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:36 am

Makes sense as he'll be on more money. The other serious option would be him at full back and move Goode on....but then you have williams maitland earle as well.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 13502
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:37 am

That's an interesting move. Whats your thoughts ...is Mallins a better prospect that Lozowski?

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18771
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:47 am

beshocked wrote:Rumour that Lozowski is going to Exeter next season.

Always thought Saracens would lose either Malins or Lozowski. Looks likely to be the latter currently.

Is Steenson going to retire or is Slade going to give up on playing 10?

Sarries could still fit in all their playmakers with Lozowski at 10, Farrell at 12 and Mallins at 15.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by beshocked on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:58 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:That's an interesting move. Whats your thoughts ...is Mallins a better prospect that Lozowski?

Very difficult to say but I'd prefer to hold onto Malins.

It's very hard to tell - some players break into the team later.

I am still hoping the likes of Earle or Tompkins might have breakthrough seasons.

It's been the 2nd row academy players who have found it easier despite 2nd row being very competitive position.

Fortune with injuries of course is a big factor.

More often than not that's the main reason.


Could see the AIs giving opportunities.


Sam I don't think Saracens like to have more than 2 playmakers in the XV.

I expect Slade's switch to 13 might be permanent if Lozowski is signed.

One problem with Lozowski is that he's not the best place kicker.

Place kicking is obviously one of Farrell's biggest strengths.

beshocked

Posts : 14379
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 1:37 pm

Slade has been playing some seriously good rugby out at 13...well kind of drifting around the midfield so I cant see him moving back to 10. I think he's a centre now.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18771
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by George Carlin on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 1:45 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
beshocked wrote:Rumour that Lozowski is going to Exeter next season.

Always thought Saracens would lose either Malins or Lozowski. Looks likely to be the latter currently.

Is Steenson going to retire or is Slade going to give up on playing 10?

Sarries could still fit in all their playmakers with Lozowski at 10, Farrell at 12 and Mallins at 15.
Yes, add Taylor at 13, Maitland at 14 and Wyles at 11 and you have a team of real footballers.
avatar
George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13810
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Welly on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 1:58 pm

slade for me has shown he isn't a 10, and considering he has been playing his best rugby at 13 he prob wants to focus on it.

Welly

Posts : 3675
Join date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by BamBam on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 2:33 pm

Would make sense for his England prospects

After JJ there is a bit of a vacancy at 13, with Teo playing more at 12, Tuilagi not in the picture and Daly seen as a back 3 player

BamBam

Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 3:02 pm

BamBam wrote:Would make sense for his England prospects

After JJ there is a bit of a vacancy at 13, with Teo playing more at 12, Tuilagi not in the picture and Daly seen as a back 3 player

Marchant at Quins is a real prospect. Slade did impress on the tour to Argentina outside Ford and Francis.

Will Exeter be ditching a centre if Lozowski joins and Steenson doesn't retire? Hill, Slade, Devoto, Campagnaro and Whitten are a lot of options when Lozowski can play 12 as well. I'd take Hill at Tigers.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Welly on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 3:19 pm

Campagnaro would make the most sense to drop.

Will be on a decent amount, non EQP and will be away during the internationals.

Loz, Devoto and Slade have england shouts imo.

Welly

Posts : 3675
Join date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 7:35 pm

Welly wrote: Campagnaro would make the most sense to drop.

Will be on a decent amount, non EQP and will be away during the internationals.

Loz, Devoto and Slade have england shouts imo.

Campagnaro does offer something different to the other centres. Slade and Devoto are robust playmakers whilst Hill and Whitten are more physical and direct. Campagnaro offers more pace, an outside break and finishing ability. He also spends the most time on the treatment table.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 2:40 pm

Webb to Toulon.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6412
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by nathan on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 9:44 pm

Tevita Kuridrani to....... Somewhere, will know tomorrow but at a guess... Injury cover for Manu?

nathan

Posts : 10542
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 10:26 am

nathan wrote:Tevita Kuridrani to....... Somewhere, will know tomorrow but at a guess... Injury cover for Manu?

That would give us some serious midfield go forward but I can't see it. Owen did pretty well on his debut and Smith has been in very good form so I'm not sure they'll be that keen to blow the remaining injury cover just yet. Might need it later in the season.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 11:00 am

That would be an awesome signing...he's a class centre and a total powerhouse!

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18771
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by nathan on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:33 pm

rumour is that it's Sale for £500k a year.

nathan

Posts : 10542
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 2:06 pm

Why? they have some classy young English centres coming through...

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18771
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by whocares on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 2:16 pm

Rhys Webb to Toulon for 3 years seems official now.

whocares

Posts : 3914
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 40
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Welly on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 2:20 pm

nathan wrote:rumour is that it's Sale for £500k a year.

Doubt that will happen he signed a long term contract with ARU a month ago despite Toulon offering him alot so he clearly wants to play for aus in the world cup. the only thing i can think he might do is a short term signing somewhere for top up money but nothing long term.

Chris Kuridrani has been linked with Sale.


Did you get this rumour off RugbyInsideLine BTW?

Welly

Posts : 3675
Join date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by nathan on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 2:53 pm

Welly wrote:
nathan wrote:rumour is that it's Sale for £500k a year.

Doubt that will happen he signed a long term contract with ARU a month ago despite Toulon offering him alot so he clearly wants to play for aus in the world cup. the only thing i can think he might do is a short term signing somewhere for top up money but nothing long term.

Chris Kuridrani has been linked with Sale.


Did you get this rumour off RugbyInsideLine BTW?

yeah, the most unreliable place in the world.

He has 6 more games before he hits the 60 test mark and can play outside the country and still be elidable

nathan

Posts : 10542
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Welly on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:18 pm

yeh but he would've known that before he signed a 2 year deal.

RugbyInisdeLine is a saints fan and he has good insider knowledge with saints but outside saints he is worse than Fissler.

Welly

Posts : 3675
Join date : 2013-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by formerly known as Sam on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:31 pm

If Sale have 500k to spend then a big nasty second row and a tighthead prop should be higher on their shopping list than a centre.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 11891
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by nathan on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 4:47 pm

Can't stand Fissler, he's a right bumhole

nathan

Posts : 10542
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 17/18

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum