The Trump Presidency

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Assault rifle.

That is not self-defence.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4862
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down


The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Scottrf on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41356836

Fair point.

Scottrf

Posts : 13944
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by LionsV2 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:12 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Clinton had a millennial sense of entitlement which was largely based on her being a woman...not her qualities for the role. She thought that after Obama America was ready for another groundbreaking President, her 90% fan base in NY embellished that. But, fact is Obama led to this backlash and to the moron we now have teeing up a worldwide nuclear conflict. Happy Days.
Obama only led to this if you're an idiot and by the simple fact he was the immediate predecessor of this child. HC is clearly a capable woman and, yes, there was lot of stench called 'misogyny' during the campaign along with some of Fart's 'fake news' that the gullible lapped up with abandon. It's quite funny that people are having a go at HC, as if it's her fault America has this childish fool as C-in-C. You get the leaders you deserve...

You don't think if she had bothered campaigning in States like Michigan instead of taking them for granted she might have had a better chance...

You can find it as funny as you like but Clinton was so useless....Trump won..............Just like Labour would have a new leader now if Cameron had fought GE17.

Don't remind me Sad

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Gwlad on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:17 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Clinton had a millennial sense of entitlement which was largely based on her being a woman...not her qualities for the role. She thought that after Obama America was ready for another groundbreaking President, her 90% fan base in NY embellished that. But, fact is Obama led to this backlash and to the moron we now have teeing up a worldwide nuclear conflict. Happy Days.
Obama only led to this if you're an idiot and by the simple fact he was the immediate predecessor of this child. HC is clearly a capable woman and, yes, there was lot of stench called 'misogyny' during the campaign along with some of Fart's 'fake news' that the gullible lapped up with abandon. It's quite funny that people are having a go at HC, as if it's her fault America has this childish fool as C-in-C. You get the leaders you deserve...

you bang on about to making personal remarks but its ok for you to do it. understood Headscratch

And if you dont get that Trump's inherent racism is the reason he is dismantling everything Obaam has done, I guess pot kettle black.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Gwlad on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:17 pm

We are actually going to let these fools in PRK and the WH take us over the edge.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Clinton had a millennial sense of entitlement which was largely based on her being a woman...not her qualities for the role. She thought that after Obama America was ready for another groundbreaking President, her 90% fan base in NY embellished that. But, fact is Obama led to this backlash and to the moron we now have teeing up a worldwide nuclear conflict. Happy Days.
Obama only led to this if you're an idiot and by the simple fact he was the immediate predecessor of this child. HC is clearly a capable woman and, yes, there was lot of stench called 'misogyny' during the campaign along with some of Fart's 'fake news' that the gullible lapped up with abandon. It's quite funny that people are having a go at HC, as if it's her fault America has this childish fool as C-in-C. You get the leaders you deserve...

You don't think if she had bothered campaigning in States like Michigan instead of taking them for granted she might have had a better chance...

You can find it as funny as you like but Clinton was so useless....Trump won..............Just like Labour would have a new leader now if Cameron had fought GE17.
She (and her campaign team) clearly made mistakes. Easy with 20/20 hindsight. I'm sure she realises that, but to use the fact she wasn't perfect as an excuse to vote for a buffoon, and then blame her for his buffoonery, just shows how daft some are.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:20 pm

Scottrf wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41356836

Fair point.
I suspect neither of them are incorrect.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Clinton had a millennial sense of entitlement which was largely based on her being a woman...not her qualities for the role. She thought that after Obama America was ready for another groundbreaking President, her 90% fan base in NY embellished that. But, fact is Obama led to this backlash and to the moron we now have teeing up a worldwide nuclear conflict. Happy Days.
Obama only led to this if you're an idiot and by the simple fact he was the immediate predecessor of this child. HC is clearly a capable woman and, yes, there was lot of stench called 'misogyny' during the campaign along with some of Fart's 'fake news' that the gullible lapped up with abandon. It's quite funny that people are having a go at HC, as if it's her fault America has this childish fool as C-in-C. You get the leaders you deserve...

you bang on about to making personal remarks but its ok for you to do it. understood  Headscratch

And if you dont get that Trump's inherent racism is the reason he is dismantling everything Obaam has done, I guess pot kettle black.
It wasn't directed specifically at you, or anyone else here.

As for your reasoning re. Trump and his actions being Obama's 'fault', nonsense. You're no doubt right about Trump's reasoning for doing what he's doing, but that's hardly the fault of Obama is it?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by GSC on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:22 pm

It says something when the leader of North Korea is more popular worldwide than the President of the USA
GSC
GSC

Posts : 38839
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by lostinwales on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Iran is a more or less functioning democracy in a region that is not exactly known for it. It does have an unhealthy relationship with one extreme kind of religion but its main sins these days seems to be that it is an enemy of Israel and it is not a push over for standard US 'diplomacy'.

Historically getting rid of a western leaning puppet did not exactly endear it to the west, nor did some of the rhetoric (or Hizbollah for that matter, but then one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter).

I do think they are a bunch we would be much better talking to than threatening, not that that is likely to happen with Netanyahu whispering in the Orange one's ear.

As for Trump apparently he has a fear of slopes and stairs. If he was part Dalek it would explain a great deal.

lostinwales

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:18 pm

GSC wrote:It says something when the leader of North Korea is more popular worldwide than the President of the USA

Trump's approval rating is back in the 40s...His handling of the Hurricane problem was given approval. (CNN words not mine)

With Incumbency 40%ish isn't the end of the World.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38560
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 pm

And outside of the US? Everyone hates him.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4862
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Scottrf on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 pm

40% is nothing compared to Putin's 90% and Kim Jong-Un's 100%.

Scottrf

Posts : 13944
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Gwlad on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:43 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Clinton had a millennial sense of entitlement which was largely based on her being a woman...not her qualities for the role. She thought that after Obama America was ready for another groundbreaking President, her 90% fan base in NY embellished that. But, fact is Obama led to this backlash and to the moron we now have teeing up a worldwide nuclear conflict. Happy Days.
Obama only led to this if you're an idiot and by the simple fact he was the immediate predecessor of this child. HC is clearly a capable woman and, yes, there was lot of stench called 'misogyny' during the campaign along with some of Fart's 'fake news' that the gullible lapped up with abandon. It's quite funny that people are having a go at HC, as if it's her fault America has this childish fool as C-in-C. You get the leaders you deserve...

you bang on about to making personal remarks but its ok for you to do it. understood  Headscratch

And if you dont get that Trump's inherent racism is the reason he is dismantling everything Obaam has done, I guess pot kettle black.
It wasn't directed specifically at you, or anyone else here.

As for your reasoning re. Trump and his actions being Obama's 'fault', nonsense. You're no doubt right about Trump's reasoning for doing what he's doing, but that's hardly the fault of Obama is it?

you used the word fault not me, I suggested that the first black US President has lead to a right wing nationalist backlash in the guise of the racist Donald Trump, understand now.?

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:55 am

Clinton lost because the Black vote was lower in 2016 than 2012...

Prior use of the phrase Super predator and the controversial three strikes and you are out policy Bill brought in...may have contributed..

No evidence to suggest a Black President contributed to her defeat in anyway.

Black voter turnout 66% in 2012
" " " 59% in 2016

She couldn't get the vote out...Simple as.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38560
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:44 am

Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Clinton had a millennial sense of entitlement which was largely based on her being a woman...not her qualities for the role. She thought that after Obama America was ready for another groundbreaking President, her 90% fan base in NY embellished that. But, fact is Obama led to this backlash and to the moron we now have teeing up a worldwide nuclear conflict. Happy Days.
Obama only led to this if you're an idiot and by the simple fact he was the immediate predecessor of this child. HC is clearly a capable woman and, yes, there was lot of stench called 'misogyny' during the campaign along with some of Fart's 'fake news' that the gullible lapped up with abandon. It's quite funny that people are having a go at HC, as if it's her fault America has this childish fool as C-in-C. You get the leaders you deserve...

you bang on about to making personal remarks but its ok for you to do it. understood  Headscratch

And if you dont get that Trump's inherent racism is the reason he is dismantling everything Obaam has done, I guess pot kettle black.
It wasn't directed specifically at you, or anyone else here.

As for your reasoning re. Trump and his actions being Obama's 'fault', nonsense. You're no doubt right about Trump's reasoning for doing what he's doing, but that's hardly the fault of Obama is it?

you used the word fault not me, I suggested that the first black US President has lead to a right wing nationalist backlash in the guise of the racist Donald Trump, understand now.?
Perhaps you should be explicit in what you write in future then?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:46 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Clinton lost because the Black vote was lower in 2016 than 2012...

Prior use of the phrase Super predator and the controversial three strikes and you are out policy Bill brought in...may have contributed..

No evidence to suggest a Black President contributed to her defeat in anyway.

Black voter turnout 66% in 2012
"             "        "           59% in 2016

She couldn't get the vote out...Simple as.
That and a proportion of Trump voters probably voted for the first time in a while.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:05 am

Vagaries on both sides...Feminists that felt ripped off by Barack in 2008 would have come back...Trump would have attracted new voters and some dithering Democrats...

8/10 of both totals are staunch GOPers and Dems who vote for party.

Fact is she lost by 10, 000 in Michigan...and 40,000 in Pennsylvania..Two states with sizeable black populations and two which would have won her Penn Ave..


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38560
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by aja424 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:48 am

If the U.S get rid of Trump in 4 years then can we have him please?

aja424

Posts : 726
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 40
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by GSC on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:58 am

To replace Sugar?
GSC
GSC

Posts : 38839
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:04 pm

aja424 wrote:If the U.S get rid of Trump in 4 years then can we have him please?
You're joking right? Or do you mean to put him in some stocks and throw rotten fruit/eggs at him?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Ent on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Was quiet for a while in trump land but now we have his rocket man feud, healthcare defeat, arguing with the NFL and the warriors.

Why is he at rally's energising his base, there's 3 years until the next election - could he actually try being president and getting something done?

I'd love to know what his aims for office are, genuinely. He just seems to start fights in empty rooms and actually do nothing.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Getting nothing done.....Maybe he is taking his lead off Obama..

Dow Jones is at a 32 year high....

Standard of living has gone up....

Unemployment is at 4.3% which is the best it has been since 2002....

Trump needs to shut up and own the Economy like all Presidents do.....

Let the Economy take care of itself....Keep playing golf.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38560
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by LionsV2 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:02 pm

No matter how many times you repeat that Truss it still isn't going to vindicate Donald Trump.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:22 pm

I wouldn't vote for Trump in a million years....Just pointing out the Economy is a massive driver when it comes to voting in US elections...........Don't make the mistake of thinking just because he's not well liked personally it means a great deal........

Had the GOP picked a better candidate than Mitt the stiff.............Obama would have been out in 2012...

The Democrats will still have to pick soundly should Trump avoid being impeached..

Can only think of two Presidents in history that didn't get a second term with a flourishing Economy.......Chester Arthur and that was over rows about Government expenditure and infighting in the GOP......and......Franklin Pierce and that was over slavery.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38560
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Gwlad on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:32 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Clinton had a millennial sense of entitlement which was largely based on her being a woman...not her qualities for the role. She thought that after Obama America was ready for another groundbreaking President, her 90% fan base in NY embellished that. But, fact is Obama led to this backlash and to the moron we now have teeing up a worldwide nuclear conflict. Happy Days.
Obama only led to this if you're an idiot and by the simple fact he was the immediate predecessor of this child. HC is clearly a capable woman and, yes, there was lot of stench called 'misogyny' during the campaign along with some of Fart's 'fake news' that the gullible lapped up with abandon. It's quite funny that people are having a go at HC, as if it's her fault America has this childish fool as C-in-C. You get the leaders you deserve...

you bang on about to making personal remarks but its ok for you to do it. understood  Headscratch

And if you dont get that Trump's inherent racism is the reason he is dismantling everything Obaam has done, I guess pot kettle black.
It wasn't directed specifically at you, or anyone else here.

As for your reasoning re. Trump and his actions being Obama's 'fault', nonsense. You're no doubt right about Trump's reasoning for doing what he's doing, but that's hardly the fault of Obama is it?

you used the word fault not me, I suggested that the first black US President has lead to a right wing nationalist backlash in the guise of the racist Donald Trump, understand now.?
Perhaps you should be explicit in what you write in future then?

Whatever. How about this for explicit; for someone who is so sensitive about the manner in which people post, perhaps you should obey your own rules and stop being quite so prissy and argumentative...also perhaps learn to understand that if I didn't write it I can't be accused of writing it, even by you, can I?

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Clinton had a millennial sense of entitlement which was largely based on her being a woman...not her qualities for the role. She thought that after Obama America was ready for another groundbreaking President, her 90% fan base in NY embellished that. But, fact is Obama led to this backlash and to the moron we now have teeing up a worldwide nuclear conflict. Happy Days.
Obama only led to this if you're an idiot and by the simple fact he was the immediate predecessor of this child. HC is clearly a capable woman and, yes, there was lot of stench called 'misogyny' during the campaign along with some of Fart's 'fake news' that the gullible lapped up with abandon. It's quite funny that people are having a go at HC, as if it's her fault America has this childish fool as C-in-C. You get the leaders you deserve...

you bang on about to making personal remarks but its ok for you to do it. understood  Headscratch

And if you dont get that Trump's inherent racism is the reason he is dismantling everything Obaam has done, I guess pot kettle black.
It wasn't directed specifically at you, or anyone else here.

As for your reasoning re. Trump and his actions being Obama's 'fault', nonsense. You're no doubt right about Trump's reasoning for doing what he's doing, but that's hardly the fault of Obama is it?

you used the word fault not me, I suggested that the first black US President has lead to a right wing nationalist backlash in the guise of the racist Donald Trump, understand now.?
Perhaps you should be explicit in what you write in future then?

Whatever. How about this for explicit; for someone who is so sensitive about the manner in which people post, perhaps you should obey your own rules and stop being quite so prissy and argumentative...also perhaps learn to understand that if I didn't write it I can't be accused of writing it, even by you, can I?
You can't leave it can you? One more personal attack and you can cool your heels elsewhere. Your attitude stinks.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Health and Human Services secretary under fire for misuse of public money on corporate jets..

EPA Administrator under fire for same..Treasury Secretary under fire for wanting use of Private jet for his honeymoon....

What happened to "I'm going to drain the Swamp" ??

I see his Tax plan is basically a giveaway to his Mates.....Hope the Democrats that fixed it so Clinton could run against him are happy now......

The only candidate he could probably beat...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38560
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:43 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Health and Human Services secretary under fire for misuse of public money on corporate jets..

EPA Administrator under fire for same..Treasury Secretary under fire for wanting use of Private jet for his honeymoon....

What happened to "I'm going to drain the Swamp" ??

I see his Tax plan is basically a giveaway to his Mates.....Hope the Democrats that fixed it so Clinton could run against him are happy now......

The only candidate he could probably beat...
Laugh Who ever believed that was going to happen? Trump and his corporate dealings are a swamp in their own right. He doesn't, and never did, give a sh!t about it. One thing he is good at - spotting a sucker (or in this case, millions of U.S. voter suckers)....

Stop banging on about the Democrats/Clinton. The only people to blame are those that voted Trump. It's not like they weren't told about it by Clinton et al or couldn't find out the realities themselves if they'd actually opened their eyes. No, they actively chose to believe Breitbart etc over the MSM and real, bona fide experts. You can't teach that level of idiocy. They just chose to stick their heads in the sand.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by LionsV2 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:52 am

You can blame Clinton and the Democrats because they enabled this to happen and to keep labelling people idiots because you disagree with who they voted for is pathetic frankly.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by GSC on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 am

Trump had a winning message and he's a world class salesman. He tapped into the feelings of a neglected group. Hes also obviously a liar and a twunk but at least he made them think he's on their side.

People will believe whatever they want to believe to be true. Look at the Canary over here. Every side sees bias where the BBC writes an article that doesn't flatter their side. Tribalism is human nature.
GSC
GSC

Posts : 38839
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:58 am

LionsV2 wrote:You can blame Clinton and the Democrats because they enabled this to happen and to keep labelling people idiots because you disagree with who they voted for is pathetic frankly.
picard No. Sorry. To be told that what Trump et al were up to was lies and fabrication, to ignore acknowledged experts and to cut off their noses to spite their faces is, in my view, absolutely a form of idiocy. They'd be called Flat Earthers in another era. If you don't like 'idiots' (fair enough I guess), how about 'credulous' or 'naïve'?
Yes, I disagree with them but I would never vote for that Snake Oil Salesman, even if I thought Clinton was a poor choice as the alternative. Simply voting for Trump to spite Clinton is pathetic.
You're right in some sense in that not all Trump voters are idiots. Clearly some actually believed in him and voted for the right reasons and many were clearly fed up with business globalisation etc. However, to come up with this BS that it is somehow Clinton's fault that Trump is a loose cannon and not actually doing what he promised, is the height cowardice. Democrats who couldn't be bothered to vote - fair enough, I accept they can shoulder some of the blame.
Those that voted Trump, Trump himself and his followers own this and no amount of trying to abdicate their role will change that fact.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Scottrf on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:01 am

I know someone who voted Trump and he's done as hoped - make the rich richer.

Scottrf

Posts : 13944
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:01 am

GSC wrote:Trump had a winning message and he's a world class salesman. He tapped into the feelings of a neglected group. Hes also obviously a liar and a twunk but at least he made them think he's on their side.

People will believe whatever they want to believe to be true. Look at the Canary over here. Every side sees bias where the BBC writes an article that doesn't flatter their side. Tribalism is human nature.
Quite. Clearly, we aren't as advanced as we like to think.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:04 am

Scottrf wrote:I know someone who voted Trump and he's done as hoped - make the rich richer.
Indeed. Comedy.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by LionsV2 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:14 am

It's effectively a two party system so Clinton and the democrats have to shoulder half the blame, her view that she was entitled to be President drove voters away and there's only one other option, it isn't like here where you've got multiple choices. You also don't have a clue why people voted and I doubt the economy was foremost in a lot of minds.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:18 pm

LionsV2 wrote:It's effectively a two party system so Clinton and the democrats have to shoulder half the blame, her view that she was entitled to be President drove voters away and there's only one other option, it isn't like here where you've got multiple choices1. You also don't have a clue why people voted and I doubt the economy was foremost in a lot of minds.2
The Democrats should shoulder precisely none of the blame in this case. Constant repetition of erroneous statements doesn't make it fact. It's not like their Reps and Senators are laughing stocks. Clinton's a capable woman - she has to be, to be who she is. It wasn't her spreading 'fake news' or lies about her etc.
"Her view that she was entitled to be President" - listen to yourself. I don't recall her saying that anywhere - do you? Too many heard what they wanted to hear and didn't think to challenge any of it; you too by the sound of it.

1 - Seriously? You think we have more choice than they do? Look at the voting # from the last GE. Sure, there are more than just Tories and Labour, but effectively it's just those two. Pretty sure there are more than just GOP and Democrats in the US too - we just don't hear a lot about them.

2 - So Clinton's "It's the economy, stupid!" has no bearing then? You don't think those so-called rust-belt towns and cities that went for Trump weren't thinking about the economy? Headscratch If not the economy, what do you suggest was foremost in people's minds? Xenophobia? Racism?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Ent on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Clinton did get 3 million more votes than trump. Seems strange to be blaming her and democrat voters for trumps actions.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Gwlad on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:54 am

The Democrats were dumb enough to select Hillary. Possibly the only candidate who, due to her arrogance and entitled manner is probably the only candidate who could lose to Trump.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by LionsV2 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 am

Repeating the same thing isn't strengthening your opinion Navy, the simple reality is Clinton is the only candidate that Trump could beat. She's had a sense of entitlement for years now and it doesn't have to be said to be known, you can infer meaning from ones actions.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:21 am

Always interesting to see how men react to intelligent, ambitious and powerful women.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 22345
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Scottrf on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:38 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Always interesting to see how men react to intelligent, ambitious and powerful women.

A bit of a non-sequitur.

Scottrf

Posts : 13944
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:24 am

How can someone say the Democrats deserve no blame ??..

I mean where do you start.

1. Picking a candidate with terrible personal ratings.
2. Campaigning in areas she didn't need to and avoiding places she needed.
3. Calling Trump voters deplorable.
4. Picking the only Candidate who had a Husband who was a bigger sexual predator than Trump.

The "Grab Women by the Cat"...Kills Trump against anyone else..

Stop blaming struggling Americans for going anti-establishment when the establishment could only offer her.

Standard of living was down...Food stamp use was up..Businesses were struggling.

Crap answers sounded better than no answers to many.

Trump shouldn't of won he knows it...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38560
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by LionsV2 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:42 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Always interesting to see how men react to intelligent, ambitious and powerful women.

What has that got to do with anything?

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Gwlad wrote:The Democrats were dumb enough to select Hillary. Possibly the only candidate who, due to her arrogance and entitled manner is probably the only candidate who could lose to Trump.

LionsV2 wrote:Repeating the same thing isn't strengthening your opinion Navy, the simple reality is Clinton is the only candidate that Trump could beat. She's had a sense of entitlement for years now and it doesn't have to be said to be known, you can infer meaning from ones actions.
Ahh. The 20:20 hindsight, aren't we clever argument. As for the 'Clinton was the only candidate Trump could beat' thing, you have no idea if that's true, whatsoever.
TBH, I don't care. Those that put Trump in the White House (and those Democrat voters who abstained) are really the only ones at fault, if fault it is, now.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How can someone say the Democrats deserve no blame ??..

I mean where do you start.

1. Picking a candidate with terrible personal ratings.
2. Campaigning in areas she didn't need to and avoiding places she needed.
3. Calling Trump voters deplorable.  
4. Picking the only Candidate who had a Husband who was a bigger sexual predator than Trump.

The "Grab Women by the Cat"...Kills Trump against anyone else..

Stop blaming struggling Americans for going anti-establishment when the establishment could only offer her.

Standard of living was down...Food stamp use was up..Businesses were struggling.

Crap answers sounded better than no answers to many.

Trump shouldn't of won he knows it...
I get all this Truss. I don't dispute it, but to either vote Trump (when you know he's lying) or not vote Dems just because Clinton got the nod is daft. Understandable perhaps, but daft.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:44 pm

LionsV2 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Always interesting to see how men react to intelligent, ambitious and powerful women.

What has that got to do with anything?
Ummm. Let me see....misogyny playing a part in the voting outcome and in the nastiness directed at Clinton?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8073
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by LionsV2 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Complete and utter rubbish i'm afraid.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:55 pm

For some it would clearly matter that she was a woman.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18318
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Ent on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Probably cancelled out by the people that would vote for her just because she was a woman.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:28 pm

The 50 percent of white women that voted forTrump agree with you..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38560
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 6 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum