The Trump Presidency

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 16 Aug 2017, 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Assault rifle.

That is not self-defence.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down


The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:41 am

Gwlad wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:If that's a serious response, you need help.

Canadian wit, just knocks it out of the park every time Laugh
If you think that's wit, you have a problem. Either that or you fail to appreciate what's lost in a written 'joke' cf. one delivered face-to-face.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Gwlad on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 2:08 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:If that's a serious response, you need help.

Canadian wit, just knocks it out of the park every time Laugh
If you think that's wit, you have a problem. Either that or you fail to appreciate what's lost in a written 'joke' cf. one delivered face-to-face.

I generally don't expect to find wit and Canadian in the same sentence.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by superflyweight on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:17 pm

Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:If that's a serious response, you need help.

Canadian wit, just knocks it out of the park every time Laugh
If you think that's wit, you have a problem. Either that or you fail to appreciate what's lost in a written 'joke' cf. one delivered face-to-face.

I generally don't expect to find wit and Canadian in the same sentence.

And yet you've used wit and Canadian in the same sentence in two separate posts.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6366
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Galted on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:37 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:If that's a serious response, you need help.

Canadian wit, just knocks it out of the park every time Laugh
If you think that's wit, you have a problem. Either that or you fail to appreciate what's lost in a written 'joke' cf. one delivered face-to-face.

I generally don't expect to find wit and Canadian in the same sentence.

And yet you've used wit and Canadian in the same sentence in two separate posts.    

Laugh
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11531
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:49 pm

Republican politicians have the same problem Labour mps have...The leader gets his support from a demographic that doesn't usually vote in high numbers....Non voters that turned out...I bet Labour didn't even campaign in places like Kensington.

Getting rid without alienating these people won't be easy.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Gwlad on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 4:57 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:If that's a serious response, you need help.

Canadian wit, just knocks it out of the park every time Laugh
If you think that's wit, you have a problem. Either that or you fail to appreciate what's lost in a written 'joke' cf. one delivered face-to-face.

I generally don't expect to find wit and Canadian in the same sentence.

And yet you've used wit and Canadian in the same sentence in two separate posts.    

See, the rarity of it deserves acknowledgment. Thanks for making my point again.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Samo on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 5:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Republican politicians have the same problem Labour mps have...The leader gets his support from a demographic that doesn't usually vote in high numbers....Non voters that turned out...I bet Labour didn't even campaign in places like Kensington.

Getting rid without alienating these people won't be easy.

The only reason the GOP wont impeach Trump is that they risk losing control of the House of Congress.

Samo

Posts : 4782
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 6:00 pm

Nice to see you posting Samo...

Politicians losing their seats and the houses changing hands are obviously related.....

One follows the other....But I imagine if you're a 130 grand Senator being topped up by big pharma and other special interest groups to 300 grand a year.

Your 6 bedroomed house and garage of flash cars are your first priority.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Samo on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 6:02 pm

I was almost certain he wouldnt see out his term, but the amount of Poopie that slides off his back is frightening. For one reason or another I reckon we're stuck with him for his 4 years.

Samo

Posts : 4782
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:22 am

Samo wrote:I was almost certain he wouldnt see out his term, but the amount of Poopie that slides off his back is frightening.  For one reason or another I reckon we're stuck with him for his 4 years.
Yep...unless he's impeached or otherwise convicted of something. He thinks he has to 'win' at everything, that quitting would be indicative of 'defeat' and he just doesn't give a scheiss about anyone except himself. He's never grown (mentally) beyond a very spoilt teenager going through puberty.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 10:30 am

He won't be convicted of anything........Moved aside and Pence will pardon him for "Acts he may or may not have committed"....Following the Gerald Ford precedent in 1974..

My guess is Trump would be told the impeachers had the numbers and then given the option of the 25th amendment......Where he could retire on medical grounds..

Remember Scooter Libby ??/// He should have been in jail for life yet Bush pardoned his mate straight away.

I think the Presidential pardon is a disgrace........It is so undemocratic..

But there you go..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 1:30 pm

It is a rather dictatorial power.

Also, I really don't understand why he's still having all these rallies, it's so strange.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 1:44 pm

Pr4wn wrote:It is a rather dictatorial power.

Also, I really don't understand why he's still having all these rallies, it's so strange.
Not if you're Trump, it's not. He must have the affirmation, all the time and everywhere. Insecure little prat.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 2:00 pm

Number 1 TV show...Three best selling books..and President of the USA by smashing both establishment machines..

"Insecure little Prat"...really.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 2:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Number 1 TV show...Three best selling books..and President of the USA by smashing both establishment machines..

"Insecure little Prat"...really.
None of the above is in contradiction of the assertion that he's insecure. 'Little prat' is my honorific, based on his behaviour over the last 5 or so years. Thoroughly deserved I'd say.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Scottrf on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 2:37 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Number 1 TV show...Three best selling books..and President of the USA by smashing both establishment machines..

"Insecure little Prat"...really.
None of the above is in contradiction of the assertion that he's insecure. 'Little prat' is my honorific, based on his behaviour over the last 5 or so years. Thoroughly deserved I'd say.
Did he sleep with your wife? You seem a bit obsessed.

Scottrf

Posts : 14176
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 2:38 pm

Trump needs lots of rallies, he's that popular Smile.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9228
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 2:39 pm

He's vain I'll give you that..............He graduated from Wharton............He built a 4 billion empire by hard negotiation and taking risks...........He had the number 1 show in the uSA.....Wrote plenty of best sellers....and became President as an outsider..

Can't think of many insecure people that have risen to such lofty heights..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 2:52 pm

It's a success story for sure, a bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger's who is always on Trumps case lately. I'm not really a fan of celebrities talking about politics because it seems like they're trying to use their status to sway political views without actually caring about the working-class. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think that? Still love Arnie though.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9228
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Hero on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 2:54 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:It's a success story for sure, a bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger's who is always on Trumps case lately. I'm not really a fan of celebrities talking about politics because it seems like they're trying to use their status to sway political views without actually caring about the working-class. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think that? Still love Arnie though.

So basically Trump then?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28272
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 43
Location : Work toilet

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 2:55 pm

Hero wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:It's a success story for sure, a bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger's who is always on Trumps case lately. I'm not really a fan of celebrities talking about politics because it seems like they're trying to use their status to sway political views without actually caring about the working-class. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think that? Still love Arnie though.

So basically Trump then?

I suppose it could be seen like that, but he actually went into politics, and all the way to the top. A lot of celeb reactions to the announcement of the presidential election results were quite poor.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9228
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Scottrf on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 2:56 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Hero wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:It's a success story for sure, a bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger's who is always on Trumps case lately. I'm not really a fan of celebrities talking about politics because it seems like they're trying to use their status to sway political views without actually caring about the working-class. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think that? Still love Arnie though.

So basically Trump then?

I suppose it could be seen like that, but he actually went into politics, and all the way to the top. A lot of celeb reactions to the announcement of the presidential election results were quite poor.

Arnie also went into politics...

Scottrf

Posts : 14176
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:06 pm

Reagan was a great President..He was a celebrity.


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:08 pm

Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Hero wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:It's a success story for sure, a bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger's who is always on Trumps case lately. I'm not really a fan of celebrities talking about politics because it seems like they're trying to use their status to sway political views without actually caring about the working-class. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think that? Still love Arnie though.

So basically Trump then?

I suppose it could be seen like that, but he actually went into politics, and all the way to the top. A lot of celeb reactions to the announcement of the presidential election results were quite poor.

Arnie also went into politics...

He sure did and he was a good governor. He's back to acting now, and probably real estate. Sometimes bodybuilding too when he's helping his son.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9228
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:11 pm

Strange argument where Corporations and media moguls can use power to sway.

Yet it is bad taste for celebrities to do the same.

Argument doesn't ride for me.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:33 pm

Reagan and Thatcher were basically the architects of the neoliberal system that caused the financial crisis (eventually) and that has landed all of the rust belt in such dire straits.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Strange argument where Corporations and media moguls can use power to sway.

Yet it is bad taste for celebrities to do the same.

Argument doesn't ride for me.

I agree that corporations, banks, etc. can sway things to suit their own needs, but it's not really out in the open is it? I mean it's happening under everyone's nose yet nobody realises it. Celebs are more out there in the open and on social media doing it. It just leaves a bad taste in the mouth for me. I remember hearing about Madonna's post result tweet and wondered to myself why the FBI/Secret Service didn't see it as a threat to the incoming POTUS.

*Edit, just read a source that says the secret service investigated over the comment! It wasn't a tweet.


Last edited by mikey_dragon on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Posts : 9228
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Scottrf on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:39 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Strange argument where Corporations and media moguls can use power to sway.

Yet it is bad taste for celebrities to do the same.

Argument doesn't ride for me.

I agree that corporations, banks, etc. can sway things to suit their own needs, but it's not really out in the open is it? I mean it's happening under everyone's nose yet nobody realises it. Celebs are more out there in the open and on social media doing it. It just leaves a bad taste in the mouth for me. I remember hearing about Madonna's post result tweet and wondered to myself with the FBI/Secret Service didn't see it as a threat to the incoming POTUS.

*Edit, just read a source that says the secret service investigated over the tweet!
Except on the TV, radio and every newspaper.

Scottrf

Posts : 14176
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:40 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Reagan and Thatcher were basically the architects of the neoliberal system that caused the financial crisis (eventually) and that has landed all of the rust belt in such dire straits.

I wouldn't have voted for them.....But they are generally regarded as great leaders.......

"Celebrity" isn't a vocation...You generally become one by rising to the top of a certain profession...

If celebrity lawyer George Carman had wanted to be a politician.....It is isn't right.... but it is for a lesser lawyer to be one ??

Trump was a businessman.......Schwarzenegger a huge grossing Actor......

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Gwlad on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:01 pm

Pr4wn wrote:It is a rather dictatorial power.

Also, I really don't understand why he's still having all these rallies, it's so strange.

'Rallies'.....just like Nuremberg

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:09 pm

Gwlad wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:It is a rather dictatorial power.

Also, I really don't understand why he's still having all these rallies, it's so strange.

'Rallies'.....just like Nuremberg

Moving on.. Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:09 pm

Scottrf wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Number 1 TV show...Three best selling books..and President of the USA by smashing both establishment machines..

"Insecure little Prat"...really.
None of the above is in contradiction of the assertion that he's insecure. 'Little prat' is my honorific, based on his behaviour over the last 5 or so years. Thoroughly deserved I'd say.
Did he sleep with your wife? You seem a bit obsessed.
I doubt it - she's got too much self-respect.

Obsessed? Not so sure, but it's nothing that a coronary for Trump wouldn't fix...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:15 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Number 1 TV show...Three best selling books..and President of the USA by smashing both establishment machines..

"Insecure little Prat"...really.
None of the above is in contradiction of the assertion that he's insecure. 'Little prat' is my honorific, based on his behaviour over the last 5 or so years. Thoroughly deserved I'd say.
Did he sleep with your wife? You seem a bit obsessed.
I doubt it - she's got too much self-respect.

Obsessed? Not so sure, but it's nothing that a coronary for Trump wouldn't fix...

Melania Trump was a top model and speaks 6 languages......I have plenty of respect for Melania...If you don't.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Scottrf on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:16 pm

I'd say foaming at the mouth with everything you read about him and wishing him a heart attack counts as obsession.

Scottrf

Posts : 14176
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's vain I'll give you that..............He graduated from Wharton............He built a 4 billion empire by hard negotiation and taking risks...........He had the number 1 show in the uSA.....Wrote plenty of best sellers....and became President as an outsider..

Can't think of many insecure people that have risen to such lofty heights..
I suspect you'd find quite a lot of 'insecure' people go on to become pretty 'successful'. The drive probably comes from that insecurity. You can't think of them because, generally, they don't strut about in public making it so obvious.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Number 1 TV show...Three best selling books..and President of the USA by smashing both establishment machines..

"Insecure little Prat"...really.
None of the above is in contradiction of the assertion that he's insecure. 'Little prat' is my honorific, based on his behaviour over the last 5 or so years. Thoroughly deserved I'd say.
Did he sleep with your wife? You seem a bit obsessed.
I doubt it - she's got too much self-respect.

Obsessed? Not so sure, but it's nothing that a coronary for Trump wouldn't fix...

Melania Trump was a top model and speaks 6 languages......I have plenty of respect for Melania...If you don't.
Headscratch What's Melania got to do with whether my wife would sleep with Trump? Nothing.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:26 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's vain I'll give you that..............He graduated from Wharton............He built a 4 billion empire by hard negotiation and taking risks...........He had the number 1 show in the uSA.....Wrote plenty of best sellers....and became President as an outsider..

Can't think of many insecure people that have risen to such lofty heights..
I suspect you'd find quite a lot of 'insecure' people go on to become pretty 'successful'. The drive probably comes from that insecurity. You can't think of them because, generally, they don't strut about in public making it so obvious.

Insecure - Not confident......unsure about oneself...

Not easy to be strong at negotiating and a success in business ......and survive the slings and arrows of a Presidential run without those qualities....


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:30 pm

Stalin was about as insecure as any leader ever was. It led to his downfall, eventually.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Gwlad on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's vain I'll give you that..............He graduated from Wharton............He built a 4 billion empire by hard negotiation and taking risks...........He had the number 1 show in the uSA.....Wrote plenty of best sellers....and became President as an outsider..

Can't think of many insecure people that have risen to such lofty heights..
I suspect you'd find quite a lot of 'insecure' people go on to become pretty 'successful'. The drive probably comes from that insecurity. You can't think of them because, generally, they don't strut about in public making it so obvious.

Insecure - Not confident......unsure about oneself...

Not easy to be strong at negotiating and a success in business ......and survive the slings and arrows of a Presidential run without those qualities....


Unless you are thick as shoite which also seems to be an eminently useful characteristic in the case of your pal.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:32 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Stalin was about as insecure as any leader ever was. It led to his downfall, eventually.

You mean the Russian leader from 1924 to his death in 1953

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:34 pm

Gwlad wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's vain I'll give you that..............He graduated from Wharton............He built a 4 billion empire by hard negotiation and taking risks...........He had the number 1 show in the uSA.....Wrote plenty of best sellers....and became President as an outsider..

Can't think of many insecure people that have risen to such lofty heights..
I suspect you'd find quite a lot of 'insecure' people go on to become pretty 'successful'. The drive probably comes from that insecurity. You can't think of them because, generally, they don't strut about in public making it so obvious.

Insecure - Not confident......unsure about oneself...

Not easy to be strong at negotiating and a success in business ......and survive the slings and arrows of a Presidential run without those qualities....


Unless you are thick as shoite which also seems to be an eminently useful characteristic in the case of your pal.

Moving on...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:34 pm

Scottrf wrote:I'd say foaming at the mouth with everything you read about him and wishing him a heart attack counts as obsession.
You're free to think what you will.
Actually, I wouldn't give a damn but for the fact that America is a global power and what he does can affect so many. The lives of so many at the whim of someone who only cares about himself... picard
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Scottrf on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:35 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Scottrf wrote:I'd say foaming at the mouth with everything you read about him and wishing him a heart attack counts as obsession.
You're free to think what you will.
Actually, I wouldn't give a damn but for the fact that America is a global power and what he does can affect so many. The lives of so many at the whim of someone who only cares about himself... picard
Assassinate him then. Praying for a heart attack will get you nowhere.

Scottrf

Posts : 14176
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Stalin was about as insecure as any leader ever was. It led to his downfall, eventually.

You mean the Russian leader from 1924 to his death in 1953

You should do a bit of reading about Stalin. The way he maintained his grip over the Soviet Union looks eerily similar to Trump's tactics, though admittedly more brutal.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:38 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Scottrf wrote:I'd say foaming at the mouth with everything you read about him and wishing him a heart attack counts as obsession.
You're free to think what you will.
Actually, I wouldn't give a damn but for the fact that America is a global power and what he does can affect so many. The lives of so many at the whim of someone who only cares about himself... picard

But you don't know he only cares about himself....anymore than you know he is insecure.

Stick to points you can prove or you become as pointless as Gwlad.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:39 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Stalin was about as insecure as any leader ever was. It led to his downfall, eventually.

You mean the Russian leader from 1924 to his death in 1953

You should do a bit of reading about Stalin. The way he maintained his grip over the Soviet Union looks eerily similar to Trump's tactics, though admittedly more brutal.

I have and I know compared to other Russian leaders he was very successful...29 years in that Country is a success story in itself.

Most people wish they were that insecure.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's vain I'll give you that..............He graduated from Wharton............He built a 4 billion empire by hard negotiation and taking risks...........He had the number 1 show in the uSA.....Wrote plenty of best sellers....and became President as an outsider..

Can't think of many insecure people that have risen to such lofty heights..
I suspect you'd find quite a lot of 'insecure' people go on to become pretty 'successful'. The drive probably comes from that insecurity. You can't think of them because, generally, they don't strut about in public making it so obvious.

Insecure - Not confident......unsure about oneself...

Not easy to be strong at negotiating and a success in business ......and survive the slings and arrows of a Presidential run without those qualities....

I think you'll find there are many who, like Trump, bluster and gloss over anything negative as a function of their insecurity. You know, presenting a confident front to hide the reality.

OK, maybe not insecurity. Just a narcissist with some nasty lines in xenophobia and sexism thrown in for good measure - a true paragon of leadership and the ideal for POTUS. There was me, trying to at least be a little generous...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:40 pm

Scottrf wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Scottrf wrote:I'd say foaming at the mouth with everything you read about him and wishing him a heart attack counts as obsession.
You're free to think what you will.
Actually, I wouldn't give a damn but for the fact that America is a global power and what he does can affect so many. The lives of so many at the whim of someone who only cares about himself... picard
Assassinate him then. Praying for a heart attack will get you nowhere.
Oh, I don't know. Fat SOB, in his 70s, highly stressful environment and notoriously poor dietary intake. You never know...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's vain I'll give you that..............He graduated from Wharton............He built a 4 billion empire by hard negotiation and taking risks...........He had the number 1 show in the uSA.....Wrote plenty of best sellers....and became President as an outsider..

Can't think of many insecure people that have risen to such lofty heights..
I suspect you'd find quite a lot of 'insecure' people go on to become pretty 'successful'. The drive probably comes from that insecurity. You can't think of them because, generally, they don't strut about in public making it so obvious.

Insecure - Not confident......unsure about oneself...

Not easy to be strong at negotiating and a success in business ......and survive the slings and arrows of a Presidential run without those qualities....

I think you'll find there are many who, like Trump, bluster and gloss over anything negative as a function of their insecurity. You know, presenting a confident front to hide the reality.

OK, maybe not insecurity. Just a narcissist with some nasty lines in xenophobia and sexism thrown in for good measure - a true paragon of leadership and the ideal for POTUS. There was me, trying to at least be a little generous...

He's a narcissist and sensitive like Muhammad Ali was I'll give you that..................But you can be confident with those drawbacks....

I'll take your word on many people that bluster and gloss etc.....I don't know many people that intimately. Credit to you for being so socially successful. thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38778
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Scottrf wrote:I'd say foaming at the mouth with everything you read about him and wishing him a heart attack counts as obsession.
You're free to think what you will.
Actually, I wouldn't give a damn but for the fact that America is a global power and what he does can affect so many. The lives of so many at the whim of someone who only cares about himself... picard

But you don't know he only cares about himself....anymore than you know he is insecure.

Stick to points you can prove or you become as pointless as Gwlad.
Yes, that's true. He might be a true gent in private; one could only hope. Nothing I've read about him and his past really suggests that's a major characteristic though and nothing really justifies his utterances and behaviour over the last few years.
His behaviour fits perfectly with insecurity and I'll continue to suspect that's what he is, but you're right, I can't know for certain.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8333
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum