First topic message reminder :

Assault rifle.

That is not self-defence.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Nov 2018, 1:45 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Look on the bright side.  Always find the bright side.

Trump has singlehandedly cured Robert De Niro of lifelong dysarthria.

After a lifetime of grunts and growls (I'm too cool to talk) interviews; boy, has he found his voice now!  
Either he's doing one of his best ever roles now (a Trump spy in the Hollywood jungle) or he looks like a man with a lot of skeletons he wants to hide.  

Thank you, Mr President, for curing Mr De Niro.  You're a magician!
Headscratch

Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 14 Nov 2018, 1:51 pm

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Look on the bright side.  Always find the bright side.

Trump has singlehandedly cured Robert De Niro of lifelong dysarthria.

After a lifetime of grunts and growls (I'm too cool to talk) interviews; boy, has he found his voice now!  
Either he's doing one of his best ever roles now (a Trump spy in the Hollywood jungle) or he looks like a man with a lot of skeletons he wants to hide.  

Thank you, Mr President, for curing Mr De Niro.  You're a magician!
Headscratch

Wink
Laugh I feel better for that SF. Thanks Ale.
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 5:27 pm

SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:OK, but it didn't address anything I wrote (on planet Earth).

I believe in democracy like I believe in the EU. It has it's flaws, but it's the best thing we've got.

I don't like Trump because I believe him to be racist, misogynist and a liar (the latter is true of most politicians but Trump seems to do it more brazenly). His lack of morals is more important to me than his political beliefs, because I happen to think morals are more important than politics.

Edit - the idea that Trump wants to rid Washington of corruption is naïve - he simply wants to replace the current corruption with his own, that he controls.

That's your belief.  Entitled to it.

I don't share it.  I believe he loves the limelight, he loves life, he has a powerful ego, he wants to make an impression in the history books - to an extent he already has.  But look at poor Obama.  How quickly a image disintegrated.
So I believe Trump is on a mission.  He's no angel.  He doesn't have to be.  He's stirred America and the world and he's not finished yet.  I'll wait for his full time before saying if he was a success or not.  But right now, for me, he's on the right path.  He's wealthy enough and had more than enough 'lobbyist' contacts in the Whitehouse before he was elected.  He didn't need the office to gain wealth and influence (unlike some more recent ones)

I say the hatred of him is induced by the publicity and the publicity is stage managed.  He has plenty of articulate and young blacks and women fighting in his corner.  Nobody that hates him wants to go there and listen to them.  There are many commentators female and black that say the portrayal is crap.  

He's a rough hewn man and I don't give a damn about his style of language or his demeanour.  The world might think it didn't need him but he didn't vote for himself...so part of the world is wrong.  To the other part of the world, he's timely and might have gotten here sooner.  And THIS is from a once ardent supporter of Bill Clinton.  But you do your reading and your research and ........................ isn't there a movement now Walkaway?  I walked away.

Out of interest, Fly, what do you think Trump's mission is, beyond 'stirring' things?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 9:01 pm

Trump approval rating..

Yougov..

App 44
Disapp 50

Rasmussen

App 49
Disapp 50..

Can't think of any President that has lost in 60 years with a rating of 49..

The preamble to 2020 starts in the next two months...Democrats need to chose......Wisely.

Beto would be my pick.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 9:52 pm

Beto?

Gosh...the Kennedy Kandidate again. Clinton (the Bill one) tried that angle too back in the day, when he tried some Kennedy-esque mannerisms and speechifying intonations. It worked for him, I guess; but it was a good laugh too at the time as I recall.

I hope a Kennedy stands against Beto to show him how it's really done..........

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon on Fri 07 Dec 2018, 9:26 am

Beto is Straight, White and Male, surely the Dems will pick an "intersectional" candidate with lots of oppression points?
It doesn't matter, Trump will win. The sheer insufferablity of left wing, anti-Trump activists will push the most centrist of centrists to pick Trump as the lesser of two evils.
But hey, maybe if they call him a racist just one more time, the penny might drop...

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 9:06 am

Trump is struggling in the rust belt which will be pivotal..

Beto won't have Clinton's baggage with Black Americans who stayed home in numbers at WH16..

Policies like 'three strikes and you are out' came home to roost.

I think Beto beats Trump....Not sure Warren or Biden do though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 10:38 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trump is struggling in the rust belt which will be pivotal..

Beto won't have Clinton's baggage with Black Americans who stayed home in numbers at WH16..

Policies like 'three strikes and you are out' came home to roost.

I think Beto beats Trump....Not sure Warren or Biden do though..

Beto sure got a lot of money backing him last time.  The story in America (I suspect) for the next few months - at the very least - will be 'follow the money trail'.  This does not allude to Beto yet but it's obvious that if the climate of discourse involves the source of contributions to political campaigns and personalities and what level of control is applied for such backing, then by the time electioneering for 2020 starts, Beto himself might have been dragged into the discussion.
I suspect by then, he'll certainly have been examined enough in fine print by any challenger (from within his own party as much as a Republican) to not be portrayed as so clean and fresh as he was painted in the mid-terms.
Macron had a manufactured young, fresh, new, progressive persona attached to his campaign too.  Americans and outside observers will know where that particular portrayal has ended up in recent months/weeks.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum