The Trump Presidency

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 16 Aug 2017, 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Assault rifle.

That is not self-defence.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down


The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by aucklandlaurie on Sat 15 Jun 2019, 9:39 am

SecretFly wrote:Good girl...that learned 'em!  Cool

Why do private establishment information/propaganda devises feel they deserve the honour of a press-briefing anyway?  Some are more equal than others?

This is the electronic age - other news options have emerged.  The stale printed controlled press don't like it.  "We demand the White House formally answers questions!"

Oh shut it, you eejits.  Listen to him on Twitter.  All the good stuff is there.  Insults, put downs, jokes, tantrums, name calling.  Newspapers is dead.  Hallelujah.


All she's done is deprive the anti Trump news agencies of a platform/opportunity to act like grandstanding brats, there is still plenty of comms coming out of Pennslyvania Ave, to say she hasnt held a traditional Press Conference in 2019 means absolutely nothing.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Sat 15 Jun 2019, 10:50 am

Wrap Up Smear

A poem by Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi:

"It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
You demonise, and then you...., we call it the wrap up smear -
If any of you want to talk politics -  we call it the wrap up smear.
You smear somebody with all the falsehoods and all the rest.
And then you merchandise it.
And then you write it (pointing to journalists)
And they (politicians) will say, 'See?  It's been reported in the press
That this, this, this and this.'
So they have that validation that the press reported the smear -
And then it's called the wrap up smear.
Now I'm going to merchandise the presses report on the smear."

Nancy is a career politician with over 30 years of experience.  She knows all the tools and what drawer they are in.  And sometimes when she gets a little excited, she even comes clean on a few of them.

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Samo on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 7:35 am

Nice to see Trump taking a break from being a huge gaping anus for five minutes to retweet Katie Hopkins and continue his attacks on Sadiq Khan.

He’s an embarassment to the office he swore to uphold. Why did we roll out the red caroet for this prick again?

Samo

Posts : 4782
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 10:52 am

Hugely disturbing seeing Trump attacking a Muslim Mayor without due diligence...Retweeting a far right nut...

Jumping two footed into a potential serious situation with Iran who would make an Iraq conflict loom like a Sunday picnic.

16 months to WH2020 has never seemed so far away.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 12:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hugely disturbing seeing Trump attacking a Muslim Mayor without due diligence...Retweeting a far right nut...

Jumping two footed into a potential serious situation with Iran who would make an Iraq conflict loom like a Sunday picnic.  

16 months to WH2020 has never seemed so far away.
Look on the bright side TRUSS - he could get another 4 years. Still, one good thing about the Constitution - 4 more years is the end of it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8332
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pal Joey on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 1:33 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hugely disturbing seeing Trump attacking a Muslim Mayor without due diligence...Retweeting a far right nut...

Jumping two footed into a potential serious situation with Iran who would make an Iraq conflict loom like a Sunday picnic.  

16 months to WH2020 has never seemed so far away.
Look on the bright side TRUSS - he could get another 4 years. Still, one good thing about the Constitution - 4 more years is the end of it.

Unless there's special circumstances like FDR's 3rd term in 1940. Or has that now been fully prohibited by law?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49869
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : On the plains

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 3:04 pm

After FDR died term limits were fixed in..So a President can only serve ten years.

But as an Election is every four....Ten is irrelevant..

22nd Amendment will tell you more...That covers this stuff.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pal Joey on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 3:41 pm

Thanks Truss. OK
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49869
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : On the plains

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pie on Mon 17 Jun 2019, 4:41 am

Samo wrote:Nice to see Trump taking a break from being a huge gaping anus for five minutes to retweet Katie Hopkins and continue his attacks on Sadiq Khan.

He’s an embarassment to the office he swore to uphold. Why did we roll out the red caroet for this prick again?


Shocked

You're referring to the President of the United States, the most powerful man in the world and leader of all free nations in such a vein?????


What a huge gaping anus of an understatement

Pie

Posts : 809
Join date : 2018-07-06

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Samo on Mon 17 Jun 2019, 8:29 am

Pie wrote:
Samo wrote:Nice to see Trump taking a break from being a huge gaping anus for five minutes to retweet Katie Hopkins and continue his attacks on Sadiq Khan.

He’s an embarassment to the office he swore to uphold. Why did we roll out the red caroet for this prick again?


Shocked

You're referring to the President of the United States, the most powerful man in the world and leader of all free nations in such a vein?????


What a huge gaping anus of an understatement

Well, I try to be diplomatic, you know?

Samo

Posts : 4782
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pal Joey on Mon 17 Jun 2019, 9:11 am

Samo wrote:
Pie wrote:
Samo wrote:Nice to see Trump taking a break from being a huge gaping anus for five minutes to retweet Katie Hopkins and continue his attacks on Sadiq Khan.

He’s an embarassment to the office he swore to uphold. Why did we roll out the red caroet for this prick again?


Shocked

You're referring to the President of the United States, the most powerful man in the world and leader of all free nations in such a vein?????


What a huge gaping anus of an understatement

Well, I try to be diplomatic, you know?

Agree. No need to pile onto the President. I think he's just trying to diverticulitis attention... as usual.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49869
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : On the plains

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 7:43 am

Trump claimed in his speech today that Democrats support the execution of babies after birth.

Give me strength.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by aucklandlaurie on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 9:13 am

Pr4wn wrote:Trump claimed in his speech today that Democrats support the execution of babies after birth.

Give me strength.


Americans definitely take the abortion debate pretty seriously.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7525
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 63
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 9:17 am

They care far more about unborn children than poor children.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Samo on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 9:47 am

Pr4wn wrote:They care far more about unborn children than poor children.

To quote the late, great George Carlin: “If you’re pre-born, you’re fine. If you’re pre-school, you’re Frak”

Samo

Posts : 4782
Join date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 10:43 am

Pr4wn wrote:Trump claimed in his speech today that Democrats support the execution of babies after birth.

Give me strength.
What's more concerning, is this wingnut thinking someone can execute some placenta...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8332
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 11:23 am

Pr4wn wrote:They care far more about unborn children than poor children.

It's an either-or is it?

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 11:47 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Trump claimed in his speech today that Democrats support the execution of babies after birth.

Give me strength.
What's more concerning, is this wingnut thinking someone can execute some placenta...

Governor Cuomo of New York repealed section 4164 of NewYork's public health Law which mandated medical care for any baby born alive during an abortion.... which stated: "When an abortion is to be performed after the 20th week of pregnancy, a physician other than the physician performing the abortion shall be in attendance to take control of and to provide immediate medical care for any LIVE birth that is the result of the abortion".

Cuomo's signature obliterated that section. There is no legal requirement for a doctor to step in and give medical assistance to a born child that is Alive... born, legally a person.... not a placenta.  But you probably knew that already.

Anyway, it's relatively old news.  Nobody cares... just unwanted kids.  Bin 'em.  And we know where attitudes like that goes.  But probably more about all that stuff at a later date.

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by lostinwales on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 12:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Trump claimed in his speech today that Democrats support the execution of babies after birth.

Give me strength.
What's more concerning, is this wingnut thinking someone can execute some placenta...

Governor Cuomo of New York repealed section 4164 of NewYork's public health Law which mandated medical care for any baby born alive during an abortion.... which stated: "When an abortion is to be performed after the 20th week of pregnancy, a physician other than the physician performing the abortion shall be in attendance to take control of and to provide immediate medical care for any LIVE birth that is the result of the abortion".

Cuomo's signature obliterated that section. There is no legal requirement for a doctor to step in and give medical assistance to a born child that is Alive... born, legally a person.... not a placenta.  But you probably knew that already.

Anyway, it's relatively old news.  Nobody cares... just unwanted kids.  Bin 'em.  And we know where attitudes like that goes.  But probably more about all that stuff at a later date.

You do know there is a little more to having kids than just laying some eggs in poop or rotting meat don't you?

lostinwales

Posts : 8746
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 12:07 pm

Not to the people who want to leave live born babies on a tray without medical assistance.  You do know that Could be classed as murder don't you, as a nurse might be put on trial for murder if they neglected a newborn child?  You do know that, don't you?

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 2:12 pm

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Trump claimed in his speech today that Democrats support the execution of babies after birth.

Give me strength.
What's more concerning, is this wingnut thinking someone can execute some placenta...

Governor Cuomo of New York repealed section 4164 of NewYork's public health Law which mandated medical care for any baby born alive during an abortion.... which stated: "When an abortion is to be performed after the 20th week of pregnancy, a physician other than the physician performing the abortion shall be in attendance to take control of and to provide immediate medical care for any LIVE birth that is the result of the abortion".

Cuomo's signature obliterated that section. There is no legal requirement for a doctor to step in and give medical assistance to a born child that is Alive... born, legally a person.... not a placenta.  But you probably knew that already.

Anyway, it's relatively old news.  Nobody cares... just unwanted kids.  Bin 'em.  And we know where attitudes like that goes.  But probably more about all that stuff at a later date.
Fine, but I think you missed my (poor) pun: after birth = afterbirth = placenta etc...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8332
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by superflyweight on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 2:48 pm

I'd be comfortable with someone performing a late term abortion on Trump's mother now.  

72 years is very "late term" but Fat Joffrey could comfort himself that he would be canonised almost immediately by the Proud Boys movement and all the idiots wearing the MAGA hats.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 6363
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : Right here waiting for you

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by lostinwales on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 3:19 pm

'Fat Joffrey' very good

lostinwales

Posts : 8746
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 3:31 pm

I like Donnie Dollhands.

(I don't like him, you understand.)

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23727
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 3:54 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:They care far more about unborn children than poor children.

It's an either-or is it?

No. Not sure where you got that from.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 1:13 am

NXIVM?
Who are they?
What did they do?
Where did they operate out of?
And who are/were connected to them?  Juiciest question.

The lid slowly but surely rises and the Western controlled media that knew all the connections but never informed their audience with any attempted journalistic investigations - just as Jimmy Savile worked his entire career under the noses of the most respected 'news' network on the planet (at the time!) - will not now be able to hide the implications attached to those connections.

More endless talk of Brexit or Russian collusion won't disguise truths coming that were well known by the media but suppressed because of connections and editorial suppression.

Yep.... it's slowly unravelling.  Real, non-conspiracy legal findings in a court of law and convictions.  But only the beginning.

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 2:39 am

Go to bed, mate. You definitely need a lie down.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 26 Jun 2019, 3:02 pm

Money raised for WH2020...so far...

Trump $33 million
Sanders $21 million
Warren $17 million
Harris $14 million..

Biden is leading the race but is struggling for donors..

Think CNN and the Establishment Dems are pushing for Kamilla Harris..

Certainly Beto O'Rourke is struggling to gain any kind of traction..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Wed 26 Jun 2019, 4:24 pm

I don't think Harris stands a chance. Think it's between Sanders, Warren and Buttigieg.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by No name Bertie on Wed 26 Jun 2019, 4:36 pm

Is this an echo chamber for those who hate Donald Trump?
Or is this an echo chamber for those who love Donald Trump?
Or is this one of those threads where people discuss the intricacies of American politics in a civil and indifferent manner?

No name Bertie

Posts : 2015
Join date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 26 Jun 2019, 4:39 pm

Can be anything you want it to be.. Bertie..

We aim to please !!

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38776
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 1:23 am

No name Bertie wrote:Is this an echo chamber for those who hate Donald Trump?
Or is this an echo chamber for those who love Donald Trump?
Or is this one of those threads where people discuss the intricacies of American politics in a civil and indifferent manner?

Did something offend you?

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 8:22 am

No name Bertie wrote:Is this an echo chamber for those who hate Donald Trump?
Or is this an echo chamber for those who love Donald Trump?
Or is this one of those threads where people discuss the intricacies of American politics in a civil and indifferent manner?

People don't often discuss issues they are indifferent towards - maybe the odd post perhaps.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 18711
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 8:43 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:Is this an echo chamber for those who hate Donald Trump?
Or is this an echo chamber for those who love Donald Trump?
Or is this one of those threads where people discuss the intricacies of American politics in a civil and indifferent manner?

People don't often discuss issues they are indifferent towards - maybe the odd post perhaps.

Maybe he means deferential... that works better with civil.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49869
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : On the plains

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 8:50 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:Is this an echo chamber for those who hate Donald Trump?
Or is this an echo chamber for those who love Donald Trump?
Or is this one of those threads where people discuss the intricacies of American politics in a civil and indifferent manner?

People don't often discuss issues they are indifferent towards - maybe the odd post perhaps.

Maybe he means deferential... that works better with civil.

Or perhaps disinterested, as opposed to uninterested (indifferent).

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 18711
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 9:01 am

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 1347041234

I'm waiting for the approved UN sanctioned meaning before proceeding.

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 9:20 am

It's fitting because nobody listens to the UN either.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 9:22 am

Pr4wn wrote:It's fitting because nobody listens to the UN either.

You think not?

That's a whole other topic/thread. If you're brave enough, start one.

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 9:30 am

SecretFly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:It's fitting because nobody listens to the UN either.

You think not?

That's a whole other topic/thread.  If you're brave enough, start one.

Unless he's indifferent to it Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 18711
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 9:41 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:It's fitting because nobody listens to the UN either.

You think not?

That's a whole other topic/thread.  If you're brave enough, start one.

Unless he's indifferent to it Smile

To the UN or a new thread? Whistle

Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 49869
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : On the plains

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 9:58 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:It's fitting because nobody listens to the UN either.

You think not?

That's a whole other topic/thread.  If you're brave enough, start one.

Unless he's indifferent to it Smile

To the UN or a new thread? Whistle


Don't know, don't care Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 18711
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 10:15 am

In deference to all of you, let's start again.

Trump 2020!

We all agree?



SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by No name Bertie on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 11:17 am

Pr4wn wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:Is this an echo chamber for those who hate Donald Trump?
Or is this an echo chamber for those who love Donald Trump?
Or is this one of those threads where people discuss the intricacies of American politics in a civil and indifferent manner?

Did something offend you?
Why would you imagine anyone might find this thread offensive?

All I noted was that this thread was on its 19th page and I skimmed the last few comments - from which all I could determine was that Samo was perhaps a proctologist or had a certain night-time fetish.

ps Indifference is a synonym for disinterest (google it etc).

No name Bertie

Posts : 2015
Join date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Pr4wn on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 11:19 am

No name Bertie wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:Is this an echo chamber for those who hate Donald Trump?
Or is this an echo chamber for those who love Donald Trump?
Or is this one of those threads where people discuss the intricacies of American politics in a civil and indifferent manner?

Did something offend you?
Why would you imagine anyone might find this thread offensive?  

All I noted was that this thread was on its 19th page and I skimmed the last few comments - from which all I could determine was that Samo was perhaps a proctologist or had a certain night-time fetish.

ps Indifference is a synonym for disinterest (google it etc).

You just seem a little upset. That's all.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Manila, Philippines

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 11:23 am

No name Bertie wrote:
ps Indifference is a synonym for disinterest (google it etc).

Well..... maybe try a different search engine if you want non-BleacBit results.

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 11:28 am

Disinterested, in one of it's meanings, can mean uninterested/indifferent.
But why would anyone spend time discussing anything in an 'indifferent manner' when it means uninterested? People tend not to discuss things they are indifferent towards/uninterested in.

On the other hand, when disinterested means unbiased, and not indifferent, then it makes sense to discuss in a disinterested (i.e. not indifferent) manner.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 18711
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 11:42 am

Indifferent, in some of its meanings, can mean moderate, fair, tolerable.... none of which requires the indifferent person to stay clear of a subject for lack of interest.  
That is to say, that where Disinterested has more than one blunt approved meaning, so too has the word Indifferent.

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 12:17 pm

Indifferent, when meaning moderate, fair or tolerable, means average, mediocre (not fair as in even-handed).

It's obvious that the use of 'indifferent' in the phrase 'civil and indifferent manner' is an incorrect usage.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 18711
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by No name Bertie on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 12:53 pm

I have used the word indifference in published work but this is all about deflection. I asked a simple question and received the usual evasion.

No name Bertie

Posts : 2015
Join date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 12:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Indifferent, when meaning moderate, fair or tolerable, means average, mediocre (not fair as in even-handed).


Incorrect.

SecretFly

Posts : 31124
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 19 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum