The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE?

+2
Dr Gregory House MD
VDT
6 posters

Go down

Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE?

Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_lcap14%Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_lcap8%Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_lcap3%Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_lcap3%Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_lcap0%Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_lcap11%Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_lcap6%Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_lcap6%Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_lcap43%Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 36

Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Empty Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE?

Post by VDT Fri 25 Aug - 13:34

There are 11 Superstars who were eligible, having won a championship in WWE at some point during their career

I’ve not included Wrestlers from the Republic of Ireland – Sheamus, Finn Balor and Becky Lynch.

Please pick your Top 3

British Bulldog
- Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
- European Championship (2 times)
- Hardcore Championship (2 times)
- Tag Team Championship (2 times)

Drew McIntyre
- Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
- Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- NXT Championship (1 time, current)

Dynamite Kid
- Tag Team Championship (1 time)

Finley
- United States Championship (1 time)

Layla
- Divas Championship (1 time)
- Women's Championship (1 time)

Neville
- Cruiserweight Championship (2 times, current)
- NXT Championship (1 time)
- NXT Tag Team Championship (2 times)

Paige
- NXT Women's Championship (1 time)
- Divas Championship (2 times)

Pete Dunne
- United Kingdom Championship (1 time, current)

Tyler Bate
- United Kingdom Championship (1 time)

Wade Barrett
- Intercontinental Championship (5 times)

William Regal
- World Tag Team Championship (4 times)
- European Championship (4 times)
- Hardcore Championship (5 times)
- Intercontinental Championship (2 times)
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Empty Re: Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE?

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 25 Aug - 14:07

You've missed WWF Junior Champion Mark Rocco Wink

I think Regal & Bulldog have legacies in wrestling that put them out of reach of the WWE UK boys atm though there's every chance they'll catch up given how good they are so young

Galloway 3rd

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE? Empty Re: Who is the best British Wrestler who has won a Championship in the WWE?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 Aug - 14:42

Neville is one of the most talented wrestlers in the world, let alone of British talent, and has added character in the WWE too. Ignore the biased couple of Scots who will walk into this thread and add Drew McGallintyre Whistle

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 25 Aug - 14:44

Went for Regal on this one - as his career was a standout across an era I watched whereas Bulldog and Dynamite were before my time.

It would be interesting to see a poll like this for non-native English speakers in WWE and who can be considered to have had the "best" career in the 'E..

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 Aug - 14:45

Greedy is right about Regal and Bulldog though, however good Bate and Dunne showed themselves as at their Takeover bout, Regal and Bulldog (the latter most likely to be forgotten/misremembered) are a level above at the moment.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 Aug - 14:46

I also haven't seen enough of Dynamite Kid to really argue either way; I know his talent is talked about as another level, but whether you'd argue WWE/F saw that over his troubles is arguable

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 25 Aug - 14:48

JoshSansom wrote:Went for Regal on this one - as his career was a standout across an era I watched whereas Bulldog and Dynamite were before my time.

It would be interesting to see a poll like this for non-native English speakers in WWE and who can be considered to have had the "best" career in the 'E..

Planning to do a similar poll with Asian Wrestlers in the coming weeks
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 25 Aug - 14:53

Regal is a ring general and master of psychology.  Cant think of anyone you'd rather pick to work in the performance centre.

Voted Drew partially because he's my boy but mostly because hes a model professional.  Instead of coasting on past glories when he was released he went back into the indies, won titles everywhere he went, made the world notice and prove WWE wrong to the point he's just been giving the NXT title.

Neville was my third vote because like Dolph's already said he is a legit top talent.  Carries the whole cruiserweight division and has had incredible matches with the likes of Cena and Rollins in the past.

Dont understand the bulldog hype. If he wasnt British he would be regarded as just another Roid monster. Didnt really do anything in either WWF or WCW outside of Hart based storylines.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 25 Aug - 19:19

Samo wrote:Regal is a ring general and master of psychology.  Cant think of anyone you'd rather pick to work in the performance centre.

Voted Drew partially because he's my boy but mostly because hes a model professional.  Instead of coasting on past glories when he was released he went back into the indies, won titles everywhere he went, made the world notice and prove WWE wrong to the point he's just been giving the NXT title.

Neville was my third vote because like Dolph's already said he is a legit top talent.  Carries the whole cruiserweight division and has had incredible matches with the likes of Cena and Rollins in the past.

Dont understand the bulldog hype.  If he wasnt British he would be regarded as just another Roid monster.  Didnt really do anything in either WWF or WCW outside of Hart based storylines.

Harsh on Bulldog, he was one of the top 5-10 workers consistently in WWF for most of the 90s

McIntyre's Indy work was exemplary but he didn't work for the trendy Indy companies in the US or U.K. so went under the radar some what

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Aug - 3:52

Where's he from, guys?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sat 26 Aug - 9:31

It's been interesting to see the different generations of fans vote

I started watching in 1992 so have great memories of Bulldog - I also voted Regal and my common fav Mean Neville
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Aug - 10:17

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6vyowv/how_good_was_the_british_bulldog/

I used more of a narrative to make the question sound natural!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 26 Aug - 11:55

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6vyowv/how_good_was_the_british_bulldog/

I used more of a narrative to make the question sound natural!

Can't agree with everyone all the time Laugh

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 26 Aug - 11:58

I do think generally those who'd have replied to that will have been people who cared about him though so you aren't missing the core, meta opinion!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 27 Aug - 1:27

Samo wrote:Regal is a ring general and master of psychology.  Cant think of anyone you'd rather pick to work in the performance centre.

Dont understand the bulldog hype.  If he wasnt British he would be regarded as just another Roid monster.  Didnt really do anything in either WWF or WCW outside of Hart based storylines.

Very harsh on Bulldog, he was a temendous athlete and incredibly agile for someone of his muscle mass, his tag team with Dynamite was something else, such a great team they just upped the standards, then when he came back as a singles guy it coincided with SKY hitting the UK and the WWF being a regular household show, it might seem implausible now but in 91/92 the Bulldog was the British version of Hogan, the public absolutely loved him and you often saw his face on posters and billboards and he was a major reason SummerSlam 92 was held in Wembley.

A great worker and a very good character, If he didn't get fired in late 92 there's every chance he could've become a World Champion given the lack of depth in that department and considering Owen Hart joined Bret in the Main Event... everyone in the 80s early 90s was a roid monster to be fair.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down