60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:49 am

Apparently it is disproportionately concentrated in households in Private rented housing.....Where tax credit caps are especially painful...

No point in lifting the minimum wage for these people just so that Landlords can up the cost.........Sad state of affairs when there are so many shirkers and yet people that want to work get hurt.

But as ever with this Government....People are primarily dots on a page and as long as figures look okay that is all the matters.

Shameful.




TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sun 28 Oct 2018, 10:24 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently it is disproportionately concentrated in households in Private rented housing.....Where tax credit caps are especially painful...

No point in lifting the minimum wage for these people just so that Landlords can up the cost.........Sad state of affairs when there are so many shirkers and yet people that want to work get hurt.

But as ever with this Government....People are primarily dots on a page and as long as figures look okay that is all the matters.

Shameful.

"Almost one in five MPs are landlords"
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/almost-one-in-five-mps-are-landlords

"Private landlords get £9.3bn in housing benefit from taxpayer, says report"
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/20/private-landlords-9bn-housing-benefit-taxpayers-national-housing-federation-report

Kerching!!!

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 28 Oct 2018, 1:48 pm

Used to be a banning offence uploading old threads...

But as it's one of mine....It is acceptable behaviour..

Heaven knows how many people are going to get evicted over this Universal roll out..

Not a great time of year to be out on the Streets..Not that there is a good time.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by profitius on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 3:00 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently it is disproportionately concentrated in households in Private rented housing.....Where tax credit caps are especially painful...

No point in lifting the minimum wage for these people just so that Landlords can up the cost.........Sad state of affairs when there are so many shirkers and yet people that want to work get hurt.

But as ever with this Government....People are primarily dots on a page and as long as figures look okay that is all the matters.

Shameful.

"Almost one in five MPs are landlords"
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/almost-one-in-five-mps-are-landlords

"Private landlords get £9.3bn in housing benefit from taxpayer, says report"
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/20/private-landlords-9bn-housing-benefit-taxpayers-national-housing-federation-report

Kerching!!!


And so it's in their interests to make it harder for builders to build new houses with thousands of regulations. The same thing is happening in Ireland. Too many vested interests.


The sad thing is it makes the ignorant turn to socialism. The people see greedy landlords and will then try to vote in more socialist politicians to "spread the wealth". So their answer to it is to basically give politicians MORE POWER to regulate things to death.


Another inconvenient truth is immigration is having a massive effect. It drives down wages for the poor so gives wealth business people cheaper labour. They need to be housed, schooled, need hospitals, clogs up the roads etc. All this needs to come from the hard working tax payer while the very big business people move to Malta or Switzerland or some other tax haven.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4207
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by Cardiff Dave on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 12:28 pm

Regulators that regulate? Now there's a novelty. Bankers.
Don't see much evidence of regulation down my way and there are a couple of huge housing developments going on at present within a mile of me. A chance for Landlords to add to their collection I guess.
I'm reminded again of the Mark Thomas Comedy Product which discovered that a prominent member of New Labour (the fur coat, smoke and mirrors party) owned 12 properties. This was 15-20ish years ago. IIRC, he mentioned that the New Labour belief back then was "if somebody owns more than one home then they are putting a family on the street". Wonder if this prog is on youtube?
Social engineering heaven in and around Cardiff too btw. Wonder where all the people went?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by SecretFly on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 2:09 pm

profitius wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently it is disproportionately concentrated in households in Private rented housing.....Where tax credit caps are especially painful...

No point in lifting the minimum wage for these people just so that Landlords can up the cost.........Sad state of affairs when there are so many shirkers and yet people that want to work get hurt.

But as ever with this Government....People are primarily dots on a page and as long as figures look okay that is all the matters.

Shameful.

"Almost one in five MPs are landlords"
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/almost-one-in-five-mps-are-landlords

"Private landlords get £9.3bn in housing benefit from taxpayer, says report"
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/20/private-landlords-9bn-housing-benefit-taxpayers-national-housing-federation-report

Kerching!!!


And so it's in their interests to make it harder for builders to build new houses with thousands of regulations. The same thing is happening in Ireland. Too many vested interests.


The sad thing is it makes the ignorant turn to socialism. The people see greedy landlords and will then try to vote in more socialist politicians to "spread the wealth". So their answer to it is to basically give politicians MORE POWER to regulate things to death.


Another inconvenient truth is immigration is having a massive effect. It drives down wages for the poor so gives wealth business people cheaper labour. They need to be housed, schooled, need hospitals, clogs up the roads etc. All this needs to come from the hard working tax payer while the very big business people move to Malta or Switzerland or some other tax haven.

:OK:Keep up the good fight, Prof.

The old rhetoric isn't working anymore.  Too many people see through the bunk.

Just one tiny example.... upgrading older homes to make them more 'energy efficient' - a gravy train of grants and jobs for the selected friends of in-the-know politicians.  I know one virtual Nationwide program where in order to get an entire new modern heating system in (modern boilers, triple glaze windows etc) to allegedly heat your home more efficiently using less energy................. you must first agree to allow holes to be put in your walls in most rooms!
Now the alleged sense bit is the obvious carbon monoxide dangers and maybe even damn radon gas dangers...but anyway, the practical point is that these holes are so badly designed that even when closed they will never offer the same protection from outside cold air coming in as an insulated non-hole wall will.  Therefore, the energy you might save on the modern equipment is potentially negated by the number of times you'd need to use the system to top up on heat being lost to incoming cool air through shoddy vents.

I know someone who lives on top of an icy cold hill who was very displeased with the 'conditions' attached.  She said it didn't make sense to her, the cold air was flooding in..... the guy who did the work told her to wait until an inspector called who would examine whether the work was done to the 'standards' required, and then fill in the vents if she wanted to... Laugh

Regulation is designed to increase the number of 'experts' and 'inspectors' who take their share of your every dollar.  And no oil industry lobbyist, people who are in on any  legislation proposals at National or European levels, wants the public using less of their product.  I think it must be them who lobby for the 'safety' holes...... coz they 'care'  Hug  Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 30404
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by Cyril on Wed 31 Oct 2018, 1:33 am

Fly, shoddy work done by Irish builders is not the norm in most Western households. I’m sorry if this was your (or your friend’s) experience, but avoiding O’Reilly would be the best bet. Fawlty showed us that, at least.

Cyril

Posts : 6675
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by Cardiff Dave on Wed 31 Oct 2018, 8:18 am

SecretFly wrote:
profitius wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently it is disproportionately concentrated in households in Private rented housing.....Where tax credit caps are especially painful...

No point in lifting the minimum wage for these people just so that Landlords can up the cost.........Sad state of affairs when there are so many shirkers and yet people that want to work get hurt.

But as ever with this Government....People are primarily dots on a page and as long as figures look okay that is all the matters.

Shameful.

"Almost one in five MPs are landlords"
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/almost-one-in-five-mps-are-landlords

"Private landlords get £9.3bn in housing benefit from taxpayer, says report"
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/20/private-landlords-9bn-housing-benefit-taxpayers-national-housing-federation-report

Kerching!!!


And so it's in their interests to make it harder for builders to build new houses with thousands of regulations. The same thing is happening in Ireland. Too many vested interests.


The sad thing is it makes the ignorant turn to socialism. The people see greedy landlords and will then try to vote in more socialist politicians to "spread the wealth". So their answer to it is to basically give politicians MORE POWER to regulate things to death.


Another inconvenient truth is immigration is having a massive effect. It drives down wages for the poor so gives wealth business people cheaper labour. They need to be housed, schooled, need hospitals, clogs up the roads etc. All this needs to come from the hard working tax payer while the very big business people move to Malta or Switzerland or some other tax haven.

:OK:Keep up the good fight, Prof.

The old rhetoric isn't working anymore.  Too many people see through the bunk.

Just one tiny example.... upgrading older homes to make them more 'energy efficient' - a gravy train of grants and jobs for the selected friends of in-the-know politicians.  I know one virtual Nationwide program where in order to get an entire new modern heating system in (modern boilers, triple glaze windows etc) to allegedly heat your home more efficiently using less energy................. you must first agree to allow holes to be put in your walls in most rooms!
Now the alleged sense bit is the obvious carbon monoxide dangers and maybe even damn radon gas dangers...but anyway, the practical point is that these holes are so badly designed that even when closed they will never offer the same protection from outside cold air coming in as an insulated non-hole wall will.  Therefore, the energy you might save on the modern equipment is potentially negated by the number of times you'd need to use the system to top up on heat being lost to incoming cool air through shoddy vents.

I know someone who lives on top of an icy cold hill who was very displeased with the 'conditions' attached.  She said it didn't make sense to her, the cold air was flooding in..... the guy who did the work told her to wait until an inspector called who would examine whether the work was done to the 'standards' required, and then fill in the vents if she wanted to... Laugh

Regulation is designed to increase the number of 'experts' and 'inspectors' who take their share of your every dollar.  And no oil industry lobbyist, people who are in on any  legislation proposals at National or European levels, wants the public using less of their product.  I think it must be them who lobby for the 'safety' holes...... coz they 'care'  Hug  Wink

Aye and anybody can be an "expert" nowadays if they can tell their ar$e from their elbow.
Pick a training course. Loads to choose from. Don't need any quals to be accepted. Like Uni really. Get the council to pay the cost which will most likely coincide with the max amount that the council are prepared to fork out, which is nice. Sit back, wait for certificate of expertise to arrive in the post and chocks away!

Air tightness still all the rage then?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 10:00 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently it is disproportionately concentrated in households in Private rented housing.....Where tax credit caps are especially painful...

No point in lifting the minimum wage for these people just so that Landlords can up the cost.........Sad state of affairs when there are so many shirkers and yet people that want to work get hurt.

But as ever with this Government....People are primarily dots on a page and as long as figures look okay that is all the matters.

Shameful.

"Almost one in five MPs are landlords"
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/almost-one-in-five-mps-are-landlords

"Private landlords get £9.3bn in housing benefit from taxpayer, says report"
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/20/private-landlords-9bn-housing-benefit-taxpayers-national-housing-federation-report

Kerching!!!
There's a thing. And we wonder why the stupid property price bubble is never addressed. Can't go on...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Posts : 8178
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by profitius on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 12:09 am

SecretFly wrote:
profitius wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently it is disproportionately concentrated in households in Private rented housing.....Where tax credit caps are especially painful...

No point in lifting the minimum wage for these people just so that Landlords can up the cost.........Sad state of affairs when there are so many shirkers and yet people that want to work get hurt.

But as ever with this Government....People are primarily dots on a page and as long as figures look okay that is all the matters.

Shameful.

"Almost one in five MPs are landlords"
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/almost-one-in-five-mps-are-landlords

"Private landlords get £9.3bn in housing benefit from taxpayer, says report"
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/20/private-landlords-9bn-housing-benefit-taxpayers-national-housing-federation-report

Kerching!!!


And so it's in their interests to make it harder for builders to build new houses with thousands of regulations. The same thing is happening in Ireland. Too many vested interests.


The sad thing is it makes the ignorant turn to socialism. The people see greedy landlords and will then try to vote in more socialist politicians to "spread the wealth". So their answer to it is to basically give politicians MORE POWER to regulate things to death.


Another inconvenient truth is immigration is having a massive effect. It drives down wages for the poor so gives wealth business people cheaper labour. They need to be housed, schooled, need hospitals, clogs up the roads etc. All this needs to come from the hard working tax payer while the very big business people move to Malta or Switzerland or some other tax haven.

:OK:Keep up the good fight, Prof.

The old rhetoric isn't working anymore.  Too many people see through the bunk.

Just one tiny example.... upgrading older homes to make them more 'energy efficient' - a gravy train of grants and jobs for the selected friends of in-the-know politicians.  I know one virtual Nationwide program where in order to get an entire new modern heating system in (modern boilers, triple glaze windows etc) to allegedly heat your home more efficiently using less energy................. you must first agree to allow holes to be put in your walls in most rooms!
Now the alleged sense bit is the obvious carbon monoxide dangers and maybe even damn radon gas dangers...but anyway, the practical point is that these holes are so badly designed that even when closed they will never offer the same protection from outside cold air coming in as an insulated non-hole wall will.  Therefore, the energy you might save on the modern equipment is potentially negated by the number of times you'd need to use the system to top up on heat being lost to incoming cool air through shoddy vents.

I know someone who lives on top of an icy cold hill who was very displeased with the 'conditions' attached.  She said it didn't make sense to her, the cold air was flooding in..... the guy who did the work told her to wait until an inspector called who would examine whether the work was done to the 'standards' required, and then fill in the vents if she wanted to... Laugh

Regulation is designed to increase the number of 'experts' and 'inspectors' who take their share of your every dollar.  And no oil industry lobbyist, people who are in on any  legislation proposals at National or European levels, wants the public using less of their product.  I think it must be them who lobby for the 'safety' holes...... coz they 'care'  Hug  Wink


All these government grants usually benefit some politicians somewhere down the line.


My father built a new house a few years ago. Started in about 2011 so at the time there were few houses being built after the economic crash of 2008. He had to go down to the town planning department multiple times because each time they wanted to make a little change here and there and he had to pay them a lot more than they should have been paid. Of course with fewer buildings going up they had to squeeze more money out of the few who were building and mess people around with changes to plans.


The house has a heat recovery system that pumps in fresh air and uses the heat from the outgoing old/stale air to heat it up. It's a good job as the house is up on a hill near the sea so very windy in winter. Seeing that it's windier up hills, those hole in the wall vents could be like having a cooling system in the house during winter when you're trying to warm it. Makes no sense but there are profits to be made. Those vents are good for keeping mold out of older houses alright but if there's no mold then it's probably a sign the house is ventilated enough. I'm not an expert though..


I know someone who runs their own business. He said one of the hardest things about it is all the paperwork. You need a certificate to scratch your arse and you have to write down how many scratches.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4207
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by Cardiff Dave on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:21 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently it is disproportionately concentrated in households in Private rented housing.....Where tax credit caps are especially painful...

No point in lifting the minimum wage for these people just so that Landlords can up the cost.........Sad state of affairs when there are so many shirkers and yet people that want to work get hurt.

But as ever with this Government....People are primarily dots on a page and as long as figures look okay that is all the matters.

Shameful.

"Almost one in five MPs are landlords"
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/almost-one-in-five-mps-are-landlords

"Private landlords get £9.3bn in housing benefit from taxpayer, says report"
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/20/private-landlords-9bn-housing-benefit-taxpayers-national-housing-federation-report

Kerching!!!
There's a thing. And we wonder why the stupid property price bubble is never addressed. Can't go on...

Here's a good un....
"Plans for a new bus station, 22-storey apartment block, offices and shop units in Cardiff have been approved.
A tower of 305 flats.......No car parking is provided for the apartments."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46114122

I guess those with vehicles will park 'em on the pavement or over the other side of the river somewhere. Excellent.
More office space to let. As if Cardiff doesn't have enough of that already. Marvelous.
Plus more retail space when the trend is retailers closing down. Smashing.
"About 14 shops are closing every day as UK High Streets face their toughest trading climate in five years, a report has found."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46142025

NURSE!!!?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by SecretFly on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:49 pm

Nurse!  

Too true.  But rest easy Wales.  It's not just Wales that has gone ape-schidt.

Anyway...who the hell will need a car in the Great Age dawning where folks don't have to work at all anyway?  

They won't have to work coz there'll be no work.
But there'll be free transport everywhere that's always on time. Whistle
Nobody will want to go anywhere anyway coz the machines that make the products will be selling them across the NetSpace continuum

- fake news Maid Alexa will buy the products without needed approval of human home occupants.
.. human space defined objects will lie up all day watching Jeremy Kyle reruns and Netflix box-sets.  Obesity will be a topic of the past because nobody will remember any human that was thin.  Alexa will scrub all info of walkable humans from her mindframe educator chip.................... and ......................

well, Happiness for all, I suppose, is the conclusion. OK

SecretFly

Posts : 30404
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by SecretFly on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 12:50 pm

"Alexa, how do I get a Brexit?"
Alexa: "Join the EU."

SecretFly

Posts : 30404
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by JuliusHMarx on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 1:41 pm

Ever thought of writing a dystopian sci-fi novel?

JuliusHMarx
julius

Posts : 18670
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by Cardiff Dave on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 3:39 pm

SecretFly wrote:Nurse!  

Too true.  But rest easy Wales.  It's not just Wales that has gone ape-schidt.

Anyway...who the hell will need a car in the Great Age dawning where folks don't have to work at all anyway?  

They won't have to work coz there'll be no work.
But there'll be free transport everywhere that's always on time.  Whistle  
Nobody will want to go anywhere anyway coz the machines that make the products will be selling them across the NetSpace continuum

- fake news Maid Alexa will buy the products without needed approval of human home occupants.
.. human space defined objects will lie up all day watching Jeremy Kyle reruns and Netflix box-sets.  Obesity will be a topic of the past because nobody will remember any human that was thin.  Alexa will scrub all info of walkable humans from her mindframe educator chip.................... and ......................

well, Happiness for all, I suppose, is the conclusion. OK

Wonder if Cairnsy will have one (or more) of those new flats in Cardiff, so he doesn't have to catch a train?

"In September 2008, Cairns admitted that he asked for a National Assembly rule to be "clarified" to determine whether he could claim expenses for a second home in Cardiff. A rule change introduced in late 2006 by the Assembly's House Committee allowed him to claim expenses related to a flat in Cardiff even though his main home was reclassified as being situated in the Vale of Glamorgan.

In January 2016, Cairns was one of 72 MPs who voted down an amendment in Parliament on rental homes being “fit for human habitation” who were themselves landlords who derived an income from a property."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alun_Cairns

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by Cardiff Dave on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 8:40 pm

Found this hidden away in the Sshh room....

"Poverty causing 'misery' in UK, and ministers are in denial, says UN official".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46236642

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by SecretFly on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:04 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Ever thought of writing a dystopian sci-fi novel?
I'm reading one every time I read the news from Europe, America and the World.

It's a good read.  Scary as f**K...but unputdownable............


On the other hand, read a few famous dystopian novels of the past and see how accurate they're proving to be.  1984 should be mandatory reading for kids.  Then kids should be forced to read it again when they are teens.  Then all the autoslave adults working in the great 'service industry' hothouses of the world should be forced to read it again.

Oh forget all that crap. GooglePlexDisney will have banned it in a few years anyway.  Seditious Thought-Crime Novel of Far Right Fascism. Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 30404
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by Duty281 on Mon 26 Nov 2018, 9:10 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Found this hidden away in the Sshh room....

"Poverty causing 'misery' in UK, and ministers are in denial, says UN official".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46236642

Good debate on 'The Moral Maze' about that topic a few days ago.

Duty281

Posts : 20680
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 27 Nov 2018, 8:46 am

Tories put on a special briefing to convince Labour mps to vote for the deal last night and only 26 turned up..

Fact is 2/3 of the rebel Tories can crumble and she still loses if the DUP abstain..

Another letter has gone in asking for her to go..


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38647
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by Cardiff Dave on Wed 19 Dec 2018, 5:58 pm

profitius wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently it is disproportionately concentrated in households in Private rented housing.....Where tax credit caps are especially painful...

No point in lifting the minimum wage for these people just so that Landlords can up the cost.........Sad state of affairs when there are so many shirkers and yet people that want to work get hurt.

But as ever with this Government....People are primarily dots on a page and as long as figures look okay that is all the matters.

Shameful.

"Almost one in five MPs are landlords"
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/almost-one-in-five-mps-are-landlords

"Private landlords get £9.3bn in housing benefit from taxpayer, says report"
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/aug/20/private-landlords-9bn-housing-benefit-taxpayers-national-housing-federation-report

Kerching!!!


And so it's in their interests to make it harder for builders to build new houses with thousands of regulations. The same thing is happening in Ireland. Too many vested interests.


The sad thing is it makes the ignorant turn to socialism. The people see greedy landlords and will then try to vote in more socialist politicians to "spread the wealth". So their answer to it is to basically give politicians MORE POWER to regulate things to death.


Another inconvenient truth is immigration is having a massive effect. It drives down wages for the poor so gives wealth business people cheaper labour. They need to be housed, schooled, need hospitals, clogs up the roads etc. All this needs to come from the hard working tax payer while the very big business people move to Malta or Switzerland or some other tax haven.

Aye. Being sorted now, apparently. Yeah right.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families.... Empty Re: 60% of Brits in Poverty are in Working families....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum