Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by LordDowlais on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 8:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is a farce, I know I will get ripped apart for this, but it is becoming a joke, what I have just seen in this first half between Leinster and Cardiff is a joke. How is Isa Nacewa still on the field, then going down like he has just been shot to milk a pen on half time. FFS

Also, do not get me started with the scrum, the young Cardiff boy Kieron Assirati is doing a number on Cain Healy yet the ref is letting Cain Healy get away with murder.

2017, Pro14, nothing changes. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, onto the second half. picard

Oh, just to edit, I forgot to mention Kearnys shoulder tackle when Cardiff were breaking through that was left unpunished by both Brace and Fitzgibbon. Whate a joke. picard

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down


Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:11 pm

Well someone answered it but apparently that answer doesnt suit you

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by No 7&1/2 on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:11 pm

Subtle change in question ld well done.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 13917
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:12 pm

marty2086 wrote:Generally because they'll support Leinster and be biased towards them but as I said some people don't understand the difference between bias and a conflict of interest

Shocked

Not in our league ? Surely ? You have been telling me that this type of thing does not go on.

Good gosh, those IRFU members must all be tin hatted conspiracy theorists. Yahoo

Thank you martyn, you have just done it, debate over. Laugh

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Generally because they'll support Leinster and be biased towards them but as I said some people don't understand the difference between bias and a conflict of interest

Shocked

Not in our league ? Surely ? You have been telling me that this type of thing does not go on.

Good gosh, those IRFU members must all be tin hatted conspiracy theorists. Yahoo

Thank you martyn, you have just done it, debate over. Laugh

Done what exactly?

As stated theres a difference between bias and conflict of interest, you're claiming a conflict, this is because of a bias

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Pot Hale on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Anyone, anyone on here care to amuse me, and answer the question.

Why don't Leinster referees, ref Leinster in the Pro14 ?

They have.
avatar
Pot Hale

Posts : 5167
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 55
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Generally because they'll support Leinster and be biased towards them but as I said some people don't understand the difference between bias and a conflict of interest

Shocked

Not in our league ? Surely ? You have been telling me that this type of thing does not go on.

Good gosh, those IRFU members must all be tin hatted conspiracy theorists. Yahoo

Thank you martyn, you have just done it, debate over. Laugh

Done what exactly?

As stated theres a difference between bias and conflict of interest, you're claiming a conflict, this is because of a bias

And by the way, its more the avoidance of perception they are trying to avoid than actual bias

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Generally because they'll support Leinster and be biased towards them but as I said some people don't understand the difference between bias and a conflict of interest

Shocked

Not in our league ? Surely ? You have been telling me that this type of thing does not go on.

Good gosh, those IRFU members must all be tin hatted conspiracy theorists. Yahoo

Thank you martyn, you have just done it, debate over. Laugh

Didn't you ask Marty to debate like an adult?

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11290
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:22 pm

I just wanted to here it from him.

But he just's want's to nit pick.

So do we all agree then ? There could be bias in our league, the IRFU seem to think so. OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:24 pm

Anyway, I bid you all, Good Night. angel

And be safe out there. OK

And if you cannot be safe, be careful. Laugh

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:24 pm

Don't you mean hear?

Its hardly nit picking when bias can exist in any form of life, like creating conspiracy theories as to why a team lost a game even though they and you say the better team won

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Pot Hale on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:31 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Anyway, I bid you all, Good Night. angel

And be safe out there. OK

And if you cannot be safe, be careful. Laugh

Bedtime already?

Hmmm.
avatar
Pot Hale

Posts : 5167
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 55
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:31 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I just wanted to here it from him.

But he just's want's to nit pick.

So do we all agree then ? There could be bias in our league, the IRFU seem to think so. OK

The language you are using is important here, and I would say that you are being clever if I thought you were capable of it. How could anyone disagree that there "could" be bias, in any sporting league? Or by any referee, nation etc. But if you want to make a convincing case that there is bias in the league, you have to provide half decent evidence. Your evidence is weak, to say the least.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11290
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by No 7&1/2 on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:38 pm

Yet ld himself disagrees that the irfu have excluded Leinster refs from reffing Leinster because of where they are from. Or he's actually acknowledged his own change of mind refreshingly.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 13917
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by TJ on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 6:49 pm

Id say there was no bias at all - but the use of non neutral officials makes it easy to see bias if you want to and leaves the league open to accusations of bias

TJ

Posts : 6729
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Pete330v2 on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 8:20 pm

Jesus LD will you give it a rest. We all know your opinion on this very well but the forum's continuously being hijacked by this meaningless subject and it's been done to death. Nothing's going to change while there are so few refs of any quality.

Pete330v2

Posts : 3065
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Kingshu on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 8:43 pm

TJ wrote:Id say there was no bias at all - but the use of non neutral officials makes it easy to see bias if you want to and leaves the league open to accusations of bias

I'd have to agree TJ and the Pro 14 are trying to get neutral refs for the games, but they need the Unions with less referees producing more than the countries with more resourses, so it won't be easy.

There hasn't been a forum I've seen where after a team loses a game a certain section of the fans don't blame the ref. It happens every game. Your team lose and a section of the fans will blame the ref. Not having neutral refs makes it easier. Even if there are neutral refs it will not stop the fans blaming the ref, but it will remove a bias argument. I also don't think the Welsh are worse than anyone else for this, its just that Welsh teams lose more often so you notice it more, Scottish and Irish teams lost 27 games last season whereas Welsh teams lost 41, giving Welsh fans 1.5 times more chances to blame the ref. Overall I think its about the same % in each country will blame the ref after every loss.

For fans blaming ref, I think we all agree that Owns did a fine job with the final but some comments from:
http://www.the42.ie/munster-scarlets-report-pro12-final-3412385-May2017/

"Did anyone else hear the touch judge tell owens number 16 offside for last try and he did nothing. Not that it made a difference but poor from a world class referee."
"he didnt bother reffing the scrum either , look at the Beirne try before half time , kilcoyne destroyed their prop who stood up , no call , the 3rd try was a foreard pass , he is a celebrity not a ref"
"3 big beatings at the Aviva , scarlets stopped stander , managed to neutralize the maul , owens didnt ref the scrum , game over"

No comments of bias though, having Neutral refs will not stop fans blaming the ref for losses, it will only stop them blaming bias on the decisions they don't agree with.

The only difference having neutral refs would have made to this discussion is that instead of blaming bias for the ref decision to issue a yellow instead of a red, there would be complaints about the referee standards in the Pro 14.


Kingshu

Posts : 3423
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 10:57 am

Referees are aspiring to better things just like the players are. The ultimate aim for all these refs is to one day ref at the top level such as world cup finals and the 6 nations. So why in the name of god would a ref, from lets say Munster destroy his aspirations just to give Leinster the upper hand in a pro14 game?

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4958
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 27
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:09 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Referees are aspiring to better things just like the players are. The ultimate aim for all these refs is to one day ref at the top level such as world cup finals and the 6 nations. So why in the name of god would a ref, from lets say Munster destroy his aspirations just to give Leinster the upper hand in a pro14 game?

Apparently because the IRFU pay the refs and some of the players they'll be biased because.....


marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:13 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I just wanted to here it from him.

But he just's want's to nit pick.

So do we all agree then ? There could be bias in our league, the IRFU seem to think so. OK

The language you are using is important here, and I would say that you are being clever if I thought you were capable of it. How could anyone disagree that there "could" be bias, in any sporting league? Or by any referee, nation etc. But if you want to make a convincing case that there is bias in the league, you have to provide half decent evidence. Your evidence is weak, to say the least.

A more convincing case would be the SRU employee disallowing a legitimate try against an SRU team after the ref awarded it.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6553
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:14 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I just wanted to here it from him.

But he just's want's to nit pick.

So do we all agree then ? There could be bias in our league, the IRFU seem to think so. OK

The language you are using is important here, and I would say that you are being clever if I thought you were capable of it. How could anyone disagree that there "could" be bias, in any sporting league? Or by any referee, nation etc. But if you want to make a convincing case that there is bias in the league, you have to provide half decent evidence. Your evidence is weak, to say the least.

A more convincing case would be the SRU employee disallowing a legitimate try against an SRU team after the ref awarded it.

Why does it matter who the employer is?

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by TJ on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:14 am

it wasn't legitimate MD - they guy touched the line. simple as.

TJ

Posts : 6729
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Scottrf on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:17 am

marty2086 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I just wanted to here it from him.

But he just's want's to nit pick.

So do we all agree then ? There could be bias in our league, the IRFU seem to think so. OK

The language you are using is important here, and I would say that you are being clever if I thought you were capable of it. How could anyone disagree that there "could" be bias, in any sporting league? Or by any referee, nation etc. But if you want to make a convincing case that there is bias in the league, you have to provide half decent evidence. Your evidence is weak, to say the least.

A more convincing case would be the SRU employee disallowing a legitimate try against an SRU team after the ref awarded it.

Why does it matter who the employer is?

Because the employer can decide whether the referee gets more opportunities. It's the same conflict of interest as boxing promoters picking the referees.

Scottrf

Posts : 12946
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:18 am

marty2086 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I just wanted to here it from him.

But he just's want's to nit pick.

So do we all agree then ? There could be bias in our league, the IRFU seem to think so. OK

The language you are using is important here, and I would say that you are being clever if I thought you were capable of it. How could anyone disagree that there "could" be bias, in any sporting league? Or by any referee, nation etc. But if you want to make a convincing case that there is bias in the league, you have to provide half decent evidence. Your evidence is weak, to say the least.

A more convincing case would be the SRU employee disallowing a legitimate try against an SRU team after the ref awarded it.

Why does it matter who the employer is?

Rory said LDs evidence is weak, so I provided a case with stronger evidence.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6553
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:19 am

Well, they certainly haven't been doing a good job in recent years. I'm surprised they haven't been dealt with by the IRFU mafia.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11290
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:22 am

TJ wrote:it wasn't legitimate MD - they guy touched the line.  simple as.

Do you not think it is more likely that the TMO was an agent of the SRU?

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11290
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:26 am

Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I just wanted to here it from him.

But he just's want's to nit pick.

So do we all agree then ? There could be bias in our league, the IRFU seem to think so. OK

The language you are using is important here, and I would say that you are being clever if I thought you were capable of it. How could anyone disagree that there "could" be bias, in any sporting league? Or by any referee, nation etc. But if you want to make a convincing case that there is bias in the league, you have to provide half decent evidence. Your evidence is weak, to say the least.

A more convincing case would be the SRU employee disallowing a legitimate try against an SRU team after the ref awarded it.

Why does it matter who the employer is?

Because the employer can decide whether the referee gets more opportunities. It's the same conflict of interest as boxing promoters picking the referees.

Except in boxing the promoters interest is in their fighter, the unions also have a stake in the Pro14 so it would be against their interests to damage the league

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:27 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I just wanted to here it from him.

But he just's want's to nit pick.

So do we all agree then ? There could be bias in our league, the IRFU seem to think so. OK

The language you are using is important here, and I would say that you are being clever if I thought you were capable of it. How could anyone disagree that there "could" be bias, in any sporting league? Or by any referee, nation etc. But if you want to make a convincing case that there is bias in the league, you have to provide half decent evidence. Your evidence is weak, to say the least.

A more convincing case would be the SRU employee disallowing a legitimate try against an SRU team after the ref awarded it.

Why does it matter who the employer is?

Rory said LDs evidence is weak, so I provided a case with stronger evidence.

No you didn't.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22242
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Scottrf on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:28 am

marty2086 wrote:Except in boxing the promoters interest is in their fighter, the unions also have a stake in the Pro14 so it would be against their interests to damage the league
But it doesn't even have to be conscious. They get a specific impression of the referees based on media reports in their country, fan responses etc.

Scottrf

Posts : 12946
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:28 am

Not to mention its the league who appoints refs not the individual unions

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:40 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I just wanted to here it from him.

But he just's want's to nit pick.

So do we all agree then ? There could be bias in our league, the IRFU seem to think so. OK

The language you are using is important here, and I would say that you are being clever if I thought you were capable of it. How could anyone disagree that there "could" be bias, in any sporting league? Or by any referee, nation etc. But if you want to make a convincing case that there is bias in the league, you have to provide half decent evidence. Your evidence is weak, to say the least.

A more convincing case would be the SRU employee disallowing a legitimate try against an SRU team after the ref awarded it.

Why does it matter who the employer is?

Rory said LDs evidence is weak, so I provided a case with stronger evidence.

No you didn't.

Yes I did.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6553
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by EWT Spoons on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:40 am

Haven’t read through this whole thread, so apologies if this has been suggested already, but I think there would be real merit in bringing the costs/recruitment/training/ performance management etc under the control of the Pro14 at a central level, with each union paying an equal share of the costs incurred.

That way the employer of the refs would be a totally neutral organisation, the refs would get the same training which would hopefully remove any inconsistencies in terms of how or what each union trains their referees.  They could also work with the like of the BT prem or the super 6 semi pro league the SRU are setting up (or similar league structures in the other nations), to train up refs with further experience being gained through that route.

That in theory would remove any accusations of bias, as they are not employed by any nation so would in theory have no allegiance, beyond their own nationality, but given this is a club game and not a country this hopefully shouldn’t be an issue as they are not benefiting their country merely a team that forms part of the league they work for.  It would also hopefully reduce  any inconsistency in interpretation of the laws as they will receive the same training from the pro14 overall.

For the record I’m not accusing any ref of bias etc, but this thread clearly proves that some believe that to be the case

EWT Spoons

Posts : 2221
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 12:56 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Haven’t read through this whole thread

Go on have a skim through it, you will be enlightened.

EWT Spoons wrote:That way the employer of the refs would be a totally neutral organisation, the refs would get the same training which would hopefully remove any inconsistencies in terms of how or what each union trains their referees. They could also work with the like of the BT prem or the super 6 semi pro league the SRU are setting up (or similar league structures in the other nations), to train up refs with further experience being gained through that route.

Exactly, and that is what I was saying earlier on in this thread.OK


EWT Spoons wrote:That in theory would remove any accusations of bias, as they are not employed by any nation so would in theory have no allegiance, beyond their own nationality, but given this is a club game and not a country this hopefully shouldn’t be an issue as they are not benefiting their country merely a team that forms part of the league they work for. It would also hopefully reduce any inconsistency in interpretation of the laws as they will receive the same training from the pro14 overall.


Again, well said. OK

EWT Spoons wrote:For the record I’m not accusing any ref of bias etc, but this thread clearly proves that some believe that to be the case

Ah, but there is bias, marty himself has even admitted to it.Very Happy

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 1:14 pm

Yet you disagree that there is bias in relation to an irish ref reffing an irish team for example.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 13917
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 1:44 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

EWT Spoons wrote:For the record I’m not accusing any ref of bias etc, but this thread clearly proves that some believe that to be the case

Ah, but there is bias, marty himself has even admitted to it.Very Happy
 

Except I was wrong in my wording since you can only be bias through an overt act

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 1:57 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Haven’t read through this whole thread, so apologies if this has been suggested already, but I think there would be real merit in bringing the costs/recruitment/training/ performance management etc under the control of the Pro14 at a central level, with each union paying an equal share of the costs incurred.

That way the employer of the refs would be a totally neutral organisation, the refs would get the same training which would hopefully remove any inconsistencies in terms of how or what each union trains their referees.  They could also work with the like of the BT prem or the super 6 semi pro league the SRU are setting up (or similar league structures in the other nations), to train up refs with further experience being gained through that route.

That in theory would remove any accusations of bias, as they are not employed by any nation so would in theory have no allegiance, beyond their own nationality, but given this is a club game and not a country this hopefully shouldn’t be an issue as they are not benefiting their country merely a team that forms part of the league they work for.  It would also hopefully reduce  any inconsistency in interpretation of the laws as they will receive the same training from the pro14 overall.

For the record I’m not accusing any ref of bias etc, but this thread clearly proves that some believe that to be the case

The problem is that the refs come up through the individual systems run by the unions, how can Pro14 be apart of something they have no stake in?

WR also require the refs to belong to a union so if you put the refs under the Pro14 banner they may miss out on Test rugby

The only place I hear the moaning about who pays the refs is on here, nationality I hear constantly elsewhere and most of it is based on perception rather than reality when Irish teams up until about a year ago were losing about 60% of games reffed by IRFU referees, despite almost dominating the league.

I also heard complaints on the terrace about Neil Patterson an SRU ref, taking charge of Ulster because he is originally from NI.

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 2:12 pm

You rarely if ever here this directed at players do you who have grown up supporting wasps say and go on to play for bath etc.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 13917
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by EWT Spoons on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 2:19 pm

It might be oversimplifying it, but…

Let the unions bring through the refs to get to the point where they are eligible for pro14 level games.  At that point they are moved to the pro14 central ref control, they go through further training to make sure they are consistent etc  If they are good enough then then stay with pro14, if they’re not they can stay with their union for domestic leagues etc, or try again to be eligible for pro14 down the line (which I assume is sort of the process now anyway).

That ensures that they are no longer union controlled when they are refereeing pro14 games.

The WR requirement is slightly more of an issue, but I’m sure there is a way round that.  Such as for international purposes they are aligned to their union but for the league their employers are Pro14.

I’m not saying my suggestion is perfect, I just think having the league employing the refs makes sense.


Last edited by EWT Spoons on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had typed coaches instead of refs, can't multitask)

EWT Spoons

Posts : 2221
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 2:22 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:You rarely if ever here this directed at players do you who have grown up supporting wasps say and go on to play for bath etc.

The only time I can remember is Ben Botica in the Challenge Cup Final when he kicked the ball back to Montpellier when the clock was red and Quins were trailing

As an Ulster fan I hate seeing Lacey or Clancy reffing Ulster against any team, just feels like their interpretation never matches Ulsters approach

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by No9 on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 2:29 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

EWT Spoons wrote:For the record I’m not accusing any ref of bias etc, but this thread clearly proves that some believe that to be the case

Ah, but there is bias, marty himself has even admitted to it.Very Happy
 

Except I was wrong in my wording since you can only be bias through an overt act


FFS are you two still going on... Erm

You have beaten my kids record for bickering... You may even be on track to beat my wifes record for nagging.. clap Very Happy

Its time to kiss and make up now .... kiss

No9

Posts : 1026
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 2:50 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:It might be oversimplifying it, but…

Let the unions bring through the coaches to get to the point where they are eligible for pro14 level games.  At that point they are moved to the pro14 central ref control, they go through further training to make sure they are consistent etc  If they are good enough then then stay with pro14, if they’re not they can stay with their union for domestic leagues etc, or try again to be eligible for pro14 down the line (which I assume is sort of the process now anyway).

That ensures that they are no longer union controlled when they are refereeing pro14 games.

The WR requirement is slightly more of an issue, but I’m sure there is a way round that.  Such as for international purposes they are aligned to their union but for the league their employers are Pro14.

I’m not saying my suggestion is perfect, I just think having the league employing the refs makes sense.

Again, well said. I could not agree with this more. OK

Good luck getting marty to agree with you though. Whistle

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by St John The Enforcer on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 8:41 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

EWT Spoons wrote:For the record I’m not accusing any ref of bias etc, but this thread clearly proves that some believe that to be the case

Ah, but there is bias, marty himself has even admitted to it.Very Happy
 

Except I was wrong in my wording since you can only be bias through an overt act

No one can be bias. Just like no one can be fear. Rolling Eyes

They can be biased or afraid though. laughing OK

People can also be a pair of t0ssers. Laugh

St John The Enforcer

Posts : 287
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by marty2086 on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 8:51 am

St John The Enforcer wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

EWT Spoons wrote:For the record I’m not accusing any ref of bias etc, but this thread clearly proves that some believe that to be the case

Ah, but there is bias, marty himself has even admitted to it.Very Happy
 

Except I was wrong in my wording since you can only be bias through an overt act

No one can be bias. Just like no one can be fear. Rolling Eyes

They can be biased or afraid though. laughing OK

People can also be a pair of t0ssers. Laugh

You can't say they are biased though without an act though, there can be the perception they may be

I would have put you under the singular for being a t0$$er but if you qualify as a pair fair play for owning up

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 10:45 am

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen people write 'I may be bias'. No one can be bias itself. Not even Scarlets fans.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22242
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Pete330v2 on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 11:33 am

Doh


Last edited by Pete330v2 on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Pete330v2

Posts : 3065
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by St John The Enforcer on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 11:57 am

Wow. You remember something i wrote weeks ago but not the pages and pages of shyte that marto and the lord have written since? Good man! thumbsup

St John The Enforcer

Posts : 287
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 11:59 am

St John The Enforcer wrote:You remember something i wrote weeks ago but not the pages and pages of shyte that marto and the lord have written since?

So much shyte that you felt the urge to not only read all of it, but to comment on it as well.

picard

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by St John The Enforcer on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 12:00 pm

The few bits I read were enough to convince me that it was probably all the same

St John The Enforcer

Posts : 287
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Pete330v2 on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 12:01 pm

St John The Enforcer wrote:Wow. You remember something i wrote weeks ago but not the pages and pages of shyte that marto and the lord have written since? Good man! thumbsup

I only remember when someone posts something trying to make us look like idiots only to look like an complete idiot themselves. It was pure gold.

Pete330v2

Posts : 3065
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by St John The Enforcer on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 12:08 pm

Happy to help kepe you amused bud. thumbsup

St John The Enforcer

Posts : 287
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 12:15 pm

St John The Enforcer wrote:The few bits I read were enough to convince me that it was probably all the same

So how do you know it was ALL shyte. Rolling Eyes

Yet you felt so compelled to type your shyte on here to tell us. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish ref, Irish TMO, game in Ireland, nothing changes.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum