Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by profitius on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 5:16 pm

Continued from this one. http://www.606v2.com/t63658-irish-provinces-news-gossip-thread-2016-17
________________________________


avatar
profitius

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by profitius on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm

So some new faces this season making the breakthrough.


Munster: Wootton, Liam O'Connor, Sean O'Connor, Wycherley

Leinster: Larmour, James Ryan, Porter,

Ulster: Rea

Connacht: ?

Anyone I'm missing?
avatar
profitius

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Don Alfonso on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 4:50 pm


Don Alfonso

Posts : 2374
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 41
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 5:20 pm


Wow. Haha.

Pro14 has been working a treat so far.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11290
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by profitius on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 8:59 pm

Nick McCarthy heading out to replace Gibson-Park.
avatar
profitius

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by aucklandlaurie on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 9:18 pm

I'm not sure on this, but I was of the opinion that these visas had to be applied for IN New Zealand?

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7400
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 61
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Don Alfonso on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 9:33 pm

profitius wrote:So some new faces this season making the breakthrough.


Munster: Wootton, Liam O'Connor, Sean O'Connor, Wycherley

Leinster: Larmour, James Ryan, Porter,

Ulster: Rea

Connacht: ?

Anyone I'm missing?

Hopefully for Ulster Lyttle will get back from injury and kick on, Cairns will start to feature at scrumhalf and Montgomery will seize his chance. Also, Kane to establish himself and by-pass Ah You ,and possibly even O'Hagan to start getting some game time.

That would be a very good return for the season.

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2374
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 41
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by profitius on Fri 15 Sep 2017, 2:13 pm

Some fascinating matches this weekend for the provinces. 3 tight matches and although Leinster should win, they've a weakened team in their first match in SA.


Teams

Munster: Andrew Conway, Darren Sweetnam, Chris Farrell, Jaco Taute, Alex Wootton; Tyler Bleyendaal – capt., Duncan Williams; Liam O’Connor, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Sean O’Connor, Tommy O’Donnell, Jack O’Donoghue.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, James Cronin, John Ryan, Fineen Wycherley, Robin Copeland, James Hart, Rory Scannell, Simon Zebo.


Connacht: (15-9) Tiernan O’Halloran, Darragh Leader, Tom Farrell, Bundee Aki, Rory Scholes, Jack Carty, Caolin Blade,
(1-8) Denis Coulson, Tom McCartney, Conor Carey, Quinn Roux, James Cannon, Eoghan Masterson, Jake Heenan, John Muldoon.

Replacements (16-23): Dave Heffernan, Peter McCabe, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Gavin Thornbury, Jarrad Butler, Kieran Marmion, Steve Crosbie, Eoin Griffin.


Ulster:(1-8): Kyle McCall, Rob Herring, Wiehahn Herbst, Kieran Treadwell, Alan O'Connor, Chris Henry (captain), Sean Reidy, Jean Deysel;
(9-15): John Cooney, Christian Lealiifano, Jacob Stockdale, Stuart McCloskey, Luke Marshall, Andrew Trimble, Louis Ludik.

Replacements (16-23): John Andrew, Andrew Warwick, Rodney Ah You, Robbie Diack, Matthew Rea, Paul Marshall, Peter Nelson, Tommy Bowe.


Leinster (Leinster caps in brackets):

15. Joey Carbery (23)
14. Adam Byrne (26)
13. Rory O’Loughlin (23)
12. Noel Reid (82)
11. Dave Kearney (111)
10. Ross Byrne (25)
9. Luke McGrath (76)
1. Ed Byrne (9)
2. Seán Cronin (130)
3. Andrew Porter (10)
4. Ross Molony (45)
5. James Ryan (1)
6. Rhys Ruddock (132) CAPTAIN
7. Jordi Murphy (86)
8. Jack Conan (53)

16. James Tracy (44)
17. Cian Healy (174)
18. Michael Bent (89)
19. Mick Kearney (22)
20. Josh van der Flier (48)
21. Nick McCarthy (9)
22. Cathal Marsh (20)
23. Jordan Larmour (2)
avatar
profitius

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by marty2086 on Fri 15 Sep 2017, 2:18 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:
profitius wrote:So some new faces this season making the breakthrough.


Munster: Wootton, Liam O'Connor, Sean O'Connor, Wycherley

Leinster: Larmour, James Ryan, Porter,

Ulster: Rea

Connacht: ?

Anyone I'm missing?

Hopefully for Ulster Lyttle will get back from injury and kick on, Cairns will start to feature at scrumhalf and Montgomery will seize his chance. Also, Kane to establish himself and by-pass Ah You ,and possibly even O'Hagan to start getting some game time.

That would be a very good return for the season.

McBurney too may get start to break through as the season progresses too along with McPhillips and Patterson

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Fri 15 Sep 2017, 2:19 pm

Jordi Murphy will want to make a statement. The competition in that Leinster back row, never mind Ireland, is immense. For example, I thought that last season Leavy had overtaken van der Flier, but in the first two games at least, vdF looked more ferocious than I have seen from him before. Obviously he is determined to nail the 7 shirt and push Leavy into 6 at best.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11290
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by profitius on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 2:32 pm

David Wessel is in Ireland being interviewed for the Munster job. Melbourne rebels also looking for him to coach.
avatar
profitius

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by RDW_Scotland on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 8:28 am


RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 21934
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by eirebilly on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 9:47 am

Rumours that SA's Forwards coach Johann Van Graan may be the new Munster DoR... Not a bad call.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 22251
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by LordDowlais on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 9:57 am

profitius wrote:So some new faces this season making the breakthrough.


Munster: Wootton, Liam O'Connor, Sean O'Connor, Wycherley

Leinster: Larmour, James Ryan, Porter,

Ulster: Rea

Connacht: ?

Anyone I'm missing?

Scarlets: Tadhg Beirne OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by marty2086 on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:03 am

LordDowlais wrote:
profitius wrote:So some new faces this season making the breakthrough.


Munster: Wootton, Liam O'Connor, Sean O'Connor, Wycherley

Leinster: Larmour, James Ryan, Porter,

Ulster: Rea

Connacht: ?

Anyone I'm missing?

Scarlets: Tadhg Beirne OK

He made his breakthrough last season Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by LordDowlais on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:05 am

Christ marty, you would cause an argument in an empty room you would.

picard

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by marty2086 on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:10 am

Excuse me for having to constantly correct you, try getting things right

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by LordDowlais on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:16 am

You must be a hoot.

picard

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by marty2086 on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:49 am

Sorry to have upset you

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by BamBam on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:54 am

And its also the Irish provinces thread Rolling Eyes

BamBam

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by LordDowlais on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 11:05 am

OK fair enough marty.

As long as your feeding your addiction of always having to be right all the time I suppose.

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by marty2086 on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 11:20 am

LordDowlais wrote:OK fair enough marty.

As long as your feeding your addiction of always having to be right all the time I suppose.

Listen maybe you should just being so good damn sensitive, I corrected you but you don't seem to have a problem with BamBam pointing out its about the Provinces

Maybe just stop being such an a$$

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by BamBam on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 11:22 am

I think he's blocked me, the sensitive little lamb

BamBam

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 11:46 am

He really doesn't like it when you point out flaws or inaccuracies in his arguments.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 13917
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Marshes on Sat 30 Sep 2017, 1:25 pm

Looking forward to seeing ? breakthrough at Connacht this season!!

For Connacht I'd say that Kelleher will have a better season now that he is settled, and Tom Farrell has looked really good in the few performances he has had. Stephen Crosbie as well looked very positive when he came on in the few early games but he seems to be down the pecking order. I'd also like to see James Connelly get more game time but the backrow is fairly stacked.

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Marshes on Sat 30 Sep 2017, 1:27 pm

Beirne was class against Connacht when he can win last night, were I Ireland coach I'd be making an exception to get him in there, especially if he has agreed to come back next season. Big loss for Scarlets but I think he has ambitions to represent Ireland, and I think he is the best second row that is IQ

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Marshes on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 6:11 pm

Beirne apparently signed the contract with Munster: http://www.the42.ie/tadhg-beirne-munster-scarlets-contract-3625969-Oct2017/

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 10:32 am

Scarlets have also confirmed that Beirne is leaving at the end of the season.

LordDowlais

Posts : 11523
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by geoff999rugby on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 12:02 pm

Marshes wrote:Beirne was class against Connacht when he can win last night, were I Ireland coach I'd be making an exception to get him in there, especially if he has agreed to come back next season. Big loss for Scarlets but I think he has ambitions to represent Ireland, and I think he is the best second row that is IQ

No he is not - Henderson is

geoff999rugby

Posts : 2978
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Marshes on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 2:06 pm

How has Hendo started the season? I wouldn't be able to pick between the two of them on club form over the past year, Hendo has had some absolutely brilliant games for Ireland and the Lions though.

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by profitius on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 2:50 pm

They're different type of players. James Ryan coming through too so secondrow stocks look healthy for a change. Been a while since that was the case. We'll need them all too because of injuries.
avatar
profitius

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by geoff999rugby on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 2:53 pm

Hendo has come on as sub once and started once.

Getting up to speed nicely I reckon.

I cant agree we look healthy there though - looks very weak to me as does Hooker, 15 and with Jackson AWOL 10

geoff999rugby

Posts : 2978
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Marshes on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 4:43 pm

I'd say we are about a year off looking really healthy there, but some very promising options in Treadwell, Ryan, Beirne, and AOC. Those join Toner, Hendo, and Dillane (although he isn't established he has always played well for Ireland.

Hooker we are looking at Best, Scannell, Cronin, McCartney (now IQ), Tracey, Herring, Strauss? Not terrible to be honest, Scannell I think is the future

Jesus thinking about 15 you are right it is a bit lean: Kearney, Payne, Zebo, TOH, Carbery, Conway, Gilroy in a pinch?

But fly-half is the real headache. I wouldn't be too keen to flay Sexton for the AIs, we need to be getting the understudy plenty of gametime ahead of the Six Nations, whoever that might be.

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by marty2086 on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 4:49 pm

Marshes wrote:
Hooker we are looking at Best, Scannell, Cronin, McCartney (now IQ), Tracey, Herring, Strauss? Not terrible to be honest, Scannell I think is the future

Best is currently injured, Herring is the shadow of the player he was 18 months ago and is being pushed close by John Andrew for his place at the minute, McCartney isn't anywhere near test class for me he's too erratic and Strauss is another who has dropped off and Tracey seems to be closer to being nailed on as hooker at Leinster for me

Marshes wrote:Jesus thinking about 15 you are right it is a bit lean: Kearney, Payne, Zebo, TOH, Carbery, Conway, Gilroy in a pinch?

Payne apparently still having headaches, Kearney seems to be injury prone these days and Gilroy won't be near 15 for Ulster but Ludik and Stockdale can cover there




marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by profitius on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 5:03 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:Hendo has come on as sub once and started once.

Getting up to speed nicely I reckon.

I cant agree we look healthy there though - looks very weak to me as does Hooker, 15 and with Jackson AWOL 10


Hooker isn't too bad. I think Scannell will challenge Best this season and Cronin is a good bench option. After that there's a big drop in quality.


Jackson missing is a big blow. Carbery starts at 15 for leinster. Hanrahan is back with Munster alright so we'll see how he goes this season. November is probably too soon to make an Ireland squad.


Secondrow was looking weak in in the last year or so we've seen some options emerge like Dillane, Treadwell, J Ryan and Beirne. I don't think Beirne will get called up to an Ireland squad if he is playing in Wales.
avatar
profitius

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Marshes on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 5:17 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Marshes wrote:
Hooker we are looking at Best, Scannell, Cronin, McCartney (now IQ), Tracey, Herring, Strauss? Not terrible to be honest, Scannell I think is the future

Best is currently injured, Herring is the shadow of the player he was 18 months ago and is being pushed close by John Andrew for his place at the minute, McCartney isn't anywhere near test class for me he's too erratic and Strauss is another who has dropped off and Tracey seems to be closer to being nailed on as hooker at Leinster for me

Marshes wrote:Jesus thinking about 15 you are right it is a bit lean: Kearney, Payne, Zebo, TOH, Carbery, Conway, Gilroy in a pinch?

Payne apparently still having headaches, Kearney seems to be injury prone these days and Gilroy won't be near 15 for Ulster but Ludik and Stockdale can cover there

How close is someone like John Andrew? Don't know much about him. What about young McBurney that was with the Ireland u20s, did he get any decent time against Zebre? What has happened with Herring? Judging by the squad for the summer tour the pecking order is Best, Scannell, Cronin, Tracey and then we have Heffernan, Strauss, Sherry, and Herring capped. It is not as deep as I would like, but not as desperate as fly-half.

I feel like the back three is a bit of a concern over all to be honest, quality coming through but we don't have anyone with a spot nailed down with Kearney, Bowe and Trimble vacating long held spots in the squad. That is particularly an issue at full back, but I'd be happy with Zebo, Carbery or TOH with cover from some of the young wings/15s at Ulster/Munster/Leinster.

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Marshes on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 5:25 pm

profitius wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:Hendo has come on as sub once and started once.

Getting up to speed nicely I reckon.

I cant agree we look healthy there though - looks very weak to me as does Hooker, 15 and with Jackson AWOL 10


Hooker isn't too bad. I think Scannell will challenge Best this season and Cronin is a good bench option. After that there's a big drop in quality.


Jackson missing is a big blow. Carbery starts at 15 for leinster. Hanrahan is back with Munster alright so we'll see how he goes this season. November is probably too soon to make an Ireland squad.


Secondrow was looking weak in in the last year or so we've seen some options emerge like Dillane, Treadwell, J Ryan and Beirne. I don't think Beirne will get called up to an Ireland squad if he is playing in Wales.

Is Tracey not a decent option as well prof? Seemed solid whenever I have seen him.

It is a bit weird that we have an obvious crisis emerging at 10, and we are playing Carbery at 15 and Hanrahan at 12. I think this hints that Ross Bryne and Bleyendaal may be in line for gametime in November.

For 2nd row, I think the IRFU should be getting Beirne in now that he has committed to return to Ireland, no reason to be waiting for the formalities. Along with Hendo, Beirne has been the form Irish lock at club level for the last season and change, we should be getting him game-time lickety split while the other young bucks need time to mature. The other option is that we keep Donnacha Ryan in the squad.

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by marty2086 on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 10:25 pm

Marshes wrote:
How close is someone like John Andrew? Don't know much about him. What about young McBurney that was with the Ireland u20s, did he get any decent time against Zebre? What has happened with Herring? Judging by the squad for the summer tour the pecking order is Best, Scannell, Cronin, Tracey and then we have Heffernan, Strauss, Sherry, and Herring capped. It is not as deep as I would like, but not as desperate as fly-half.

I feel like the back three is a bit of a concern over all to be honest, quality coming through but we don't have anyone with a spot nailed down with Kearney, Bowe and Trimble vacating long held spots in the squad. That is particularly an issue at full back, but I'd be happy with Zebo, Carbery or TOH with cover from some of the young wings/15s at Ulster/Munster/Leinster.

I don't think Andrew is close, his darts are too erratic. He's a dangerous ball carrier but doesn't offer the same as someone like Cronin or Scannell

I think Herring was injured for a good part of last season but hasn't looked much better this season. He was almost on par with Best 18 months ago but his scrummaging has dropped off as has most areas of his game

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by VinceWLB on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 11:26 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:
Marshes wrote:Beirne was class against Connacht when he can win last night, were I Ireland coach I'd be making an exception to get him in there, especially if he has agreed to come back next season. Big loss for Scarlets but I think he has ambitions to represent Ireland, and I think he is the best second row that is IQ

No he is not - Henderson is

I don't think so. Beirne is the complete player. Henderson is meh in comparison.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3595
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by profitius on Wed 04 Oct 2017, 12:05 am

Marshes wrote:
profitius wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:Hendo has come on as sub once and started once.

Getting up to speed nicely I reckon.

I cant agree we look healthy there though - looks very weak to me as does Hooker, 15 and with Jackson AWOL 10


Hooker isn't too bad. I think Scannell will challenge Best this season and Cronin is a good bench option. After that there's a big drop in quality.


Jackson missing is a big blow. Carbery starts at 15 for leinster. Hanrahan is back with Munster alright so we'll see how he goes this season. November is probably too soon to make an Ireland squad.


Secondrow was looking weak in in the last year or so we've seen some options emerge like Dillane, Treadwell, J Ryan and Beirne. I don't think Beirne will get called up to an Ireland squad if he is playing in Wales.

Is Tracey not a decent option as well prof? Seemed solid whenever I have seen him.

It is a bit weird that we have an obvious crisis emerging at 10, and we are playing Carbery at 15 and Hanrahan at 12. I think this hints that Ross Bryne and Bleyendaal may be in line for gametime in November.

For 2nd row, I think the IRFU should be getting Beirne in now that he has committed to return to Ireland, no reason to be waiting for the formalities. Along with Hendo, Beirne has been the form Irish lock at club level for the last season and change, we should be getting him game-time lickety split while the other young bucks need time to mature. The other option is that we keep Donnacha Ryan in the squad.


Tracy was ahead of Scannell this time last year but Scannell is a mile ahead of him now. Tracy's throwing consistency is the problem. Heffernan is another good athlete but his throwing needs a lot of work. Mike Sherry is an interesting one. If he can get over his injuries (which remains to be seen) then he has the talent to play international rugby.
avatar
profitius

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by profitius on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 12:54 am

Van Graan signs for Munster. Seems to have a good reputation.
avatar
profitius

Posts : 3880
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by marty2086 on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 9:13 am

That should tide Munster over for 6 months

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Marshes on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 4:58 pm

Great performance from Leinster today. Great intensity from the pack against a much bigger side. Carbery, Bryne, and Daly all very good on attack. Henshaw proving a lot of the doubters wrong with a brilliant performance, shows he has the class even though he is often used as a blunt instrument.

Luke McGrath I thought let the occasion get to him a bit, fairly erratic performance. And Adam Bryne will be having nightmares of Nadolo!

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by asoreleftshoulder on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 12:02 pm

Ryan had a great game for a young fella thrown in at such short notice,he has huge potential.Furlong was class again,his play in the loose is unbelievable,a TH who plays like a 12.

asoreleftshoulder

Posts : 3820
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Meath,Ireland.

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by eirebilly on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 12:03 pm

Ryan just gets better and better every time I see him play. He is a machine and really should be considered first choice for Ireland within the year.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 22251
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by asoreleftshoulder on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 12:27 pm

Hopefully he’ll get there soon,with Ryan and Stockdale we have 2 young men with the potential to be world class.

asoreleftshoulder

Posts : 3820
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Meath,Ireland.

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by eirebilly on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 12:53 pm

Agree. I also feel that CJ Stander has a fight on his hands for the number 8 jersey for Ireland right now as well. Just as I thought he would usurp Heaslip for Ireland, he is now under some pressure.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 22251
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by marty2086 on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 1:25 pm

Stander hasn't seemed anywhere near his best for a while now

marty2086

Posts : 8204
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 1:58 pm

eirebilly wrote:Agree. I also feel that CJ Stander has a fight on his hands for the number 8 jersey for Ireland right now as well. Just as I thought he would usurp Heaslip for Ireland, he is now under some pressure.
Is Jack Conan not his biggest worry? The guy has been incredible for the last 18 months at least.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4958
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 27
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by eirebilly on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Agree. I also feel that CJ Stander has a fight on his hands for the number 8 jersey for Ireland right now as well. Just as I thought he would usurp Heaslip for Ireland, he is now under some pressure.
Is Jack Conan not his biggest worry? The guy has been incredible for the last 18 months at least.

He is exactly who I am referring to. I feel he has usurped Heaslip at Leinster and, if form dictates selection, should be Irelands number 8 ahead of CJ Stander right now.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 22251
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Irish provinces NEWS and GOSSIP thread part 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum