The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Parents remove child from School that has a transgender pupil....

+4
LionsV2
Ent
mikey_dragon
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

Christian Parents remove child from School that has a transgender pupil.... Empty Christian Parents remove child from School that has a transgender pupil....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Their rights as christians aren't being respected apparently......It is an imposition on the parents apparently.....

1.  I can only guess at the torment the parents went through knowing their child is a special individual that associates him/herself with the opposite gender.....I'm sure it wasn't a decision taken lightly.....But as Parents we know that the well being of the child itself and its happiness is of priority.....However painful..

2.  Such an imposition on the Parents that they are the only ones that have removed their child from the school.

3.  We can't always choose who we want to associate with............I might not want my kids associating with a child from a family that worships a book which promotes some pretty unhealthy activities.....but we get on with it..

it isn't a perfect World.................Live and let live is my motto.....Shame others don't share it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Christian Parents remove child from School that has a transgender pupil.... Empty Re: Christian Parents remove child from School that has a transgender pupil....

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:22 am

The kid probably isn't allowed to decide what he can watch on TV or when he can go to bed, but is allowed to decide his gender? This world Rolling Eyes

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Christian Parents remove child from School that has a transgender pupil.... Empty Re: Christian Parents remove child from School that has a transgender pupil....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 pm

I imagine when the boy has all the characteristical behaviour of a girl it isn't bad parenting to assume perhaps the child is trapped in the wrong body...Not a big stretch either to believe they had advice on the situation.

As for the other stuff I'd like to know the Parents better before commenting on their wider Parental care....

But opposing views always welcome..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:10 pm

Heard this on the radio.

The child in question is coming into school dressed as a boy one day and a girl on others - the child has not transitioned in anyway.

The child removed from the school was having anxiety issues, not sleeping etc because of it.

This gender fluid nonsense is the latest fad, a child that age will barely know the difference between boys and girls.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Nothing is perfect in life......But statistics from the NCTE show....

1. That children as young as three years old realise they are different to children from the same gender.

2. 15% of transgender kids are more likely to be thrown out of their house or run away.

3. Transgender adults are 9 times more likely to commit suicide.

4. Transgender people from supportive families are less likely to experience psychological distress.....

The well being of the kid should always come first...Besides as I understand it...The Parents didn't want their kid exposed to a transgender pupil regardless of it being every other day or not.

Thanks for the update on the story..like I said nothing is perfect.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:01 pm

It's a load of nonsense having that amount of pressure put upon a child, why can't parents just let them be kids, no one will ever convince they know at that age.

I don't care what orientation anybody is but subjecting other children to it is wrong in my opinion.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:16 pm

I see your point...But none of us on here are transgender...Maybe there is pressure on having to be something you're not to fit in with Society and maybe that pressure comes early.

You say "At that age"...Studies show kids find out early....My guess is it would be easier for the kid to transition early rather than doing it in the bear pit of Junior high....I imagine these decisions are also taken with expert analysis.

But I acknowledge that I am no expert on the subject though I find the statistics in my last post disturbing.

Good night.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Unless you've been in that situation (i.e. you are transgender) you don't really get to have a valid opinion as to when you would or wouldn't realise what gender you want to be.  

Some of the language used on this thread (not by Truss) is similar to the type of language used to dismiss the rights of other minorities.  You could quite easily substitute "gender fluid nonsense" with "racial equality nonsense".  

At my daughter's primary school there's someone who was born a boy who now wants to be recognised as a girl.  Christ knows the torment she and  parents have been through to arrive at the decision to make this publicly known, but I think its incredibly brave and I'd like to think that the teachers, pupils and parents can adapt to make a difficult time in her life as easy as possible for her.

Last edited by superflyweight on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:Unless you've been in that situation (i.e. you are transgender) you don't really get to have a valid opinion as to when you would or wouldn't realise what gender you want to be.  

Some of the language used on this thread (not by Truss) is similar to the type of language used to dismiss the rights of other minorities.  You could quite easily substitute "gender fluid nonsense" with "racial equality nonsense".  

At my daughter's primary school there's someone who was born a boy who now wants to be recognised as a girl.  Christ knows the torment she and  parents have been through to arrive at the decision to make this publicly known, but I think its incredibly brave and I'd like to think that the teachers, pupils and parents can adapt to make a difficult time in his life as easy as possible for her.
No problem with it unless she wants to compete in athletics.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Ent wrote:Heard this on the radio.

The child in question is coming into school dressed as a boy one day and a girl on others - the child has not transitioned in anyway.

The child removed from the school was having anxiety issues, not sleeping etc because of it.

This gender fluid nonsense is the latest fad, a child that age will barely know the difference between boys and girls.

Well I knew the difference back then - strange assumption to make. You might be right in saying it's a fad for some; I believe some kids and especially teenagers are becoming 'transgender' for the sake of it, as if it's a cool thing to do. That's the repercussions you get when liberals try to normalise this and scream racist, bigot, transphobic, etc at anyone who disagrees with them. I believe someone has already alluded to guys competing in women's sport, that was worth a mention.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:21 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I believe some kids and especially teenagers are becoming 'transgender' for the sake of it, as if it's a cool thing to do.

Do you really? Would a boy transitioning to a girl have been 'cool' at your school? I imagine there is tonnes of bullying.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:34 pm

You have to take things on a case by case basis as for some it might be a fad (There was a documentary some time ago about this in America, and i always remember the mother of one child being distraught when he decided he didn't want to be a girl but a boy (he was born a boy but until aged 8 i think wore dresses the lot).

Don't really see what harm it's doing and if you can't sit down and have a proper talk with your children then really i'd say it's you at fault. Hopefully all of the kids in that class will learn it's not that big a deal and thus ignorance and hatred of it is chipped away.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I believe some kids and especially teenagers are becoming 'transgender' for the sake of it, as if it's a cool thing to do.

Do you really? Would a boy transitioning to a girl have been 'cool' at your school? I imagine there is tonnes of bullying.

It seems that way. Back then no I highly doubt it. Transgender teens were unheard of, but there were some token gay men at my high school and anyone ridiculing them got a serious telling off - and that was that. I didn't have an issue with their sexuality to be honest. I don't mind anyone identifying as transgender either I'll leave them to it, but trying to normalise it is a problem. A boy that thinks he's a girl (or vice versa) isn't normal. It seems like it's on the increase which is why I think some might actually be doing it because they can.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Scottrf wrote:

We're not going to school now our we Scott, the dynamics have changed and being part of the LGBT community is a current fad perpetuated by the whole Youtube fanatics.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:51 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

It seems that way. Back then no I highly doubt it. Transgender teens were unheard of, but there were some token gay men at my high school and anyone ridiculing them got a serious telling off - and that was that. I didn't have an issue with their sexuality to be honest. I don't mind anyone identifying as transgender either I'll leave them to it, but trying to normalise it is a problem. A boy that thinks he's a girl (or vice versa) isn't normal. It seems like it's on the increase which is why I think some might actually be doing it because they can.

Well, because they can - the environment is more accepting. But to act like they are doing it for a laugh is ridiculous.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:52 pm

LionsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

We're not going to school now our we Scott, the dynamics have changed and being part of the LGBT community is a current fad perpetuated by the whole Youtube fanatics.

Yeah the only thing stopping me being gay was because there weren't enough youtube videos about it Rolling Eyes

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:52 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

It's not your idea of normal.  For them its very normal.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Derbymanc wrote:You have to take things on a case by case basis as for some it might be a fad (There was a documentary some time ago about this in America, and i always remember the mother of one child being distraught when he decided he didn't want to be a girl but a boy (he was born a boy but until aged 8 i think wore dresses the lot).

Don't really see what harm it's doing and if you can't sit down and have a proper talk with your children then really i'd say it's you at fault. Hopefully all of the kids in that class will learn it's not that big a deal and thus ignorance and hatred of it is chipped away.

Fair comments. Is this case one of hatred and ignorance though? I didn't think it was. For example I don't think it's ignorant to suggest a man should use a man's restroom, and so on...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Well, because they can - the environment is more accepting. But to act like they are doing it for a laugh is ridiculous.

Not for a laugh no I didn't suggest that, but for the sake of just being different perhaps and like you say the environment is more accepting. Those who choose not to acccept that shouldn't be forced to either.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:04 pm

I'm sure there are easier ways to be different.

The reality is almost certainly that the same amount of people feel that way but just are more able to express it now rather than suppress it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:18 pm

To be honest I think we as the 'adults' find it stranger than the children themselves. Most of them will shrug it off as oh such a body wears a skirt to school and it'll just cause a blip on their radar. As they grow up it will mean they'll be a lot more tolerant than the generation before them (different times etc).

My steplad was worrying about telling my kids he was marrying his fella, instead of the uproar and 700 million questions he got a 'that's really nice, are we allowed to come'.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:32 pm

When I heard it I thought it was a good thing, most people working in a school would be happy not to have people there who were so confrontational and aggressive about their opinions.7

I'd be chuffed if I were a teacher at that school, I bet those fussy parents were an absolute nightmare to deal with. Gotta feel for their kids, though.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Derbymanc wrote:To be honest I think we as the 'adults' find it stranger than the children themselves. Most of them will shrug it off as oh such a body wears a skirt to school and it'll just cause a blip on their radar. As they grow up it will mean they'll be a lot more tolerant than the generation before them (different times etc).

My steplad was worrying about telling my kids he was marrying his fella, instead of the uproar and 700 million questions he got a 'that's really nice, are we allowed to come'.

If the last two years have shown us anything with Trump..Corbyn..Brexit and even Leicester City. It's that everything we took as normality is history...We live in a new era..Some people will find it scary.. others will find it exhilarating and in some ways liberating.

This Christian couple will have to realise times have moved on.

Scary for some..Exhilarating for others...But interesting for all.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Gender fluidity and being transgender are not the same thing.

One of them is complete and utter nonsense and the latest fad for teenagers.

I feel sorry for people who are genuinely trans, they aren't happy even when they transition and have a huge self harm and sucide rate even when transitioned and accepted. Regret and retransition notnuncommon, very high incidence of other mental health disorders.

Even more unfortunately everyone seems to have a vested interest with flawed and biased research where ever you look. Can't even set up proper research as it is un PC

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-41384473

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down