The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess Who's Back...Back Again...David's Back...No one cares (Haye vs Bellew 2)

+7
catchweight
LionsV2
Nathaniel Jacobs
Dipper Brown
kingraf
milkyboy
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

Guess Who's Back...Back Again...David's Back...No one cares (Haye vs Bellew 2) Empty Guess Who's Back...Back Again...David's Back...No one cares (Haye vs Bellew 2)

Post by Fernando Tue 19 Sep 2017, 4:51 pm

David Haye says he has agreed terms for a heavyweight rematch with Tony Bellew.

After a fiery pre-fight build-up, WBC cruiserweight world champion Bellew stopped his rival in the 11th round in their first meeting in March.

Haye suffered an Achilles injury in the sixth round before falling to his third career defeat.

Haye tweeted: "It's taken months of negotiating but teams have finally agreed all terms for Haye-Bellew 2. Will Bellew put pen to paper?"

No date or location has been confirmed by either promoter, but there are reports it will be held on Sunday, 17 December at London's O2 Arena.

Former WBA heavyweight champion Haye needed surgery following the defeat by Liverpool's Bellew, and has since split with trainer Shane McGuigan.

Since splitting with McGuigan, Haye has linked up with renowned Cuban coach Ismael Salas, a trainer of multiple world champions. But the impact of that new relationship will form just a small part of the questions the Hayemaker must answer in a second meeting with Bellew.

Crucially, how much trust will he be able to place in his Achilles? Can he box at full throttle?

Many believed he would have gone on to beat Bellew in March until injury struck but there were signs Haye was beginning to blow prior to his misfortune. Bellew boxed cleverly, countering with accuracy time and again so it is unlikely his chances will be dismissed this time around.

So in the ring this looks balanced on paper and will again deliver plenty of intrigue. It is outside of the ring where many in the sport will hope common sense and calm win the day. Haye was fined for his words last time out, while Bellew faced a stiff warning from the British Boxing Board of Control.

Bellew helped Haye back to his stool in his stricken state afterwards, pointing to a respect. But it is safe to say there is no love lost here and if this bout is confirmed as expected next week, anything other than a ferocious build-up would be a surprise.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Guess Who's Back...Back Again...David's Back...No one cares (Haye vs Bellew 2) Empty Re: Guess Who's Back...Back Again...David's Back...No one cares (Haye vs Bellew 2)

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Sep 2017, 6:16 pm

After the farce of mayweather mcgregor and the shambolic scoring of golovkin Alvarez this is just the tonic boxing needs.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Guess Who's Back...Back Again...David's Back...No one cares (Haye vs Bellew 2) Empty Re: Guess Who's Back...Back Again...David's Back...No one cares (Haye vs Bellew 2)

Post by kingraf Tue 19 Sep 2017, 6:20 pm

Tearing your achilles obviously sucks, but its given Haye the chance to make seven figures fighting a blown up light heavy... TWICE. Not bad
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 1:44 pm

Seems it's a Sunday night fight. That's the most interesting fact about this. Apparently, according to Haye, it's the fight the public crave. Crave, that is. CRAVE. I dare say that he has not been able to walk quietly down Deptford High Street,as he does, without people coming up to him pleading him to take the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 30 Sep 2017, 10:00 pm

Zzzzz again. I fear that's David Haye is a busted flush. Physically, he could very well be past it. Personally I think he was carrying that Achilles injury into the last fight. Seemed to be dragging the foot a little from the first bell.

He's definitely cynical enough to go into the fight injured & milk the fight for all it's worth, financially. Can't say I blame him for it, everyone has to make a living. But doesn't inspire me to part with any cash to watch it

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sun 01 Oct 2017, 10:45 am

Bellew is such a pathetic boxer that he could barely beat a crippled Haye. Haye KOs Bellew if he's 100% fit

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:08 am

Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:Bellew is such a pathetic boxer that he could barely beat a crippled Haye. Haye KOs Bellew if he's 100% fit

So pathetic he's actually managed to beat some decent operators during his career, there are levels outside of world class greatest ever.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:30 pm

The sort of fight you wish both guys would lose.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Oct 2017, 4:27 pm

Why don't they challenge for the British title, then Commonweath/European,then world honours at Heavy? Because they don't give a monkey's about the honour, just smash and grab fights.I used to love Haye but he is a total embarrassment,and I can't wait for him to retire.Belew will not fight after this one thank goodness,he's admitted that it's just money for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 02 Oct 2017, 4:04 am

Bellew's not that bad a boxer, some people don't like him (I can see why) and therefore feel the need to belittle every achievment (I call it the Mayweather factor :-)

On this fight i think the boxing world itself is pretty much ignoring this, i'm not sure how they can fix the 'bad blood' this time around as we all saw the love in at the end of the last one, a money maker for both men really (however much it makes) and you can't fault the guys for taking it as people will poop on it no matter what

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Oct 2017, 9:43 am

If they were both fighting at cruiser then surely it would be a mouth watering prospect,as they are both blown-up cruisers .We have asked before if Haye was an atg cruiser...which he should hav been...his career is a cautionary tale on how to not fulfil your potential .Didnt he befriend Hugh Hefner for goodness' sake?

Back to top Go down

Post by MrJB Mon 02 Oct 2017, 12:58 pm

Snore, no interest in this fight. The only reason Bellew has taken it is so he can prove he deserved to win the first fight (which he didnt, Haye was wining easy before the injury). If Haye says injury free he wins. Will watch the fight after as I have no desire to give Hearn my money

MrJB

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Mon 02 Oct 2017, 1:28 pm

Tony Bellew is going to retuire having headlined 3 PPV events. That is the real tradegy here.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by MrJB Mon 02 Oct 2017, 1:33 pm

melv500 wrote:Tony Bellew is going to retuire having headlined 3 PPV events. That is the real tradegy here.

It's not like they are worthy PPV fights either. Eddie sees Bellew as a cash cow because he likes to get stuck in during the build up. Bellew is better than most people give him credit for and he could have got some big fights at Cruiser had he wanted them

MrJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Mon 02 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm

LionsV2 wrote:
Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:Bellew is such a pathetic boxer that he could barely beat a crippled Haye. Haye KOs Bellew if he's 100% fit

So pathetic he's actually managed to beat some decent operators during his career, there are levels outside of world class greatest ever.
BellewMs noteworthy victories:

Cleverley at cruiserweight, where the Welshman barely threw a punch and Bellew laboured to victory. Cleverley is barely relevant at light heavyweight let alone cruiserweight.

Issac Chileneba, the African was robbed in the first bout and in the second bout Bellew again did nothing got gifted the win

Junior Makubu supposedly the most dangerous fighter at 200lbs according to Bellew despite the Congolese having zero noteworthy wins on his cv.

David Haye crippled by injury and Bellew still struggles to beat him

Bellew is a typical match room fighter. Talentless

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Mon 02 Oct 2017, 2:04 pm

I'd take your opinion a bit more seriously if you got the names right but as ever just over the top nonsense.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by MrJB Mon 02 Oct 2017, 2:10 pm

Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:

BellewMs noteworthy victories:

Cleverley at cruiserweight, where the Welshman barely threw a punch and Bellew laboured to victory. Cleverley is barely relevant at light heavyweight let alone cruiserweight.

Issac Chileneba, the African was robbed in the first bout and in the second bout Bellew again did nothing got gifted the win

Junior Makubu supposedly the most dangerous fighter at 200lbs according to Bellew despite the Congolese having zero noteworthy wins on his cv.

David Haye crippled by injury and Bellew still struggles to beat him

Bellew beat Miranda which is no mean feat. He also beat some good names at Cruiserweight including Brudov and Masternak. Not household names but they were some of the best around in what was a poor division at that time

MrJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 02 Oct 2017, 5:08 pm

You can generally make an excuse for any fighter if you cherry pick the CV. (Crolla's pants cause he got beat by Al Mehdi)

Bellew is what he is, a decent enough boxer that has managed to force himself into world contention and is grabbing as much as he can, whilst he can, he's managed to big up his profile whilst acting up and Eddie Hearn as his manager/promoter wouldn't be where he is if he didn't take advantage of these things (any half decent promoter would).

disagree with Bellew getting battered in the first fight until the injury as well, thought he was doing okay (he wasn't winning) and haye was a bit shocked that he hadn't gone down and out.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Tue 03 Oct 2017, 12:35 pm

Nathaniel Jacobs wrote:

That's really harsh. Yeah he's never come close to the pinnacle of the sport, but he's a solid euro level, fringe world level fighter. Compared to most pro sportsmen he's had an excellent career...

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Tue 03 Oct 2017, 1:20 pm

MrJB wrote:
melv500 wrote:Tony Bellew is going to retuire having headlined 3 PPV events. That is the real tradegy here.

It's not like they are worthy PPV fights either. Eddie sees Bellew as a cash cow because he likes to get stuck in during the build up. Bellew is better than most people give him credit for and he could have got some big fights at Cruiser had he wanted them

I just realised he will have headlined 3 PPV events and there hasn't been a world title on the line in a single one of them. That really is a scary and disappointing thought. It makes you think is Matchroom really good for boxing?

I genuinely dislike Bellew, the most deluded idiot on the planet. Just gets angry at everyone and somehow people buy into it and give him money. I think people are hash saying he's useless because he can box a bit in fairness. Haye completely misjudged him much to his detriment and although i really do not see how he would have beaten Haye without the injury he did much better than everyone thought. Having said that if Haye comes in a bit lighter and actually boxes instead of loading up bombs he should take him out in 4 rounds IMO.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down