The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

+6
Galted
Beer
Dolphin Ziggler
1GrumpyGolfer
Hero
Pal Joey
10 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 16 Empty It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Loaded Dog wrote:Fooled Again! Don't Do Me Like That.

Thread split! I feel a whole lot better!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 16 Empty Re: It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by superflyweight Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:25 am

I've got an old cardigan that could keep you warm in the dark dark cold of deep Space. It's made out of some kind of weird hemp and has a fleece collar and is the single warmest item of clothing I've ever worn. Had Captain Scott worn it, not only would he have beat Amundsen, he would have opened an ice cream concession at the South Pole.

P.S. do you know who are sensitive? Australian cricket fans posting below the line on articles in the Guardian, that's who!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 16 Empty Re: It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:27 am

Seven

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:32 am

superflyweight wrote:I've got an old cardigan that could keep you warm in the dark dark cold of deep Space.  It's made out of some kind of weird hemp and has a fleece collar and is the single warmest item of clothing I've ever worn.  Had Captain Scott worn it, not only would he have beat Amundsen, he would have opened an ice cream concession at the South Pole.  

P.S. do you know who are sensitive? Australian cricket fans posting below the line on articles in the Guardian, that's who!    

I have difficultly reading the opinions of our great unwashed cricket fans.
Too many factual and grammatical errors, aggressively rude and over sensitive too as you say.

Anyway... what did they say in summary? Stokes should be sent to an island prison for the duration of the Ashes?
I'd rather see him play in said island prison.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:41 am

It was an article about Smith's (perfectly sensible given past performance) statement that England's lower order could expect the short stuff in the remaining tests which then descended into usual extremes of opinion on either side.

I pointed out to someone that "prepare for a broken f*cken arm" could be deemed to be a threat and was then bombarded with a lot of whataboutery and claims of hypocrisy.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:42 am

I've just read some of the comments in the Guardian. I'm pretty sure hblove use to be on the old BBC boards. Some really nasty words being thrown around on there. Complete babble.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:46 am

superflyweight wrote:It was an article about Smith's (perfectly sensible given past performance) statement that England's lower order could expect the short stuff in the remaining tests which then descended into usual extremes of opinion on either side.  

I pointed out to someone that "prepare for a broken f*cken arm" could be deemed to be a threat and was then bombarded with a lot of whataboutery and claims of hypocrisy.  

Agree. I can't believe that was said.
They seem to have short memories... poor Phil Hughes... have they forgotten already?
Saw an article today where Clarke said he should have retired at the time - he just couldn't deal with the trauma of such a tragedy.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Nov 2017, 11:31 am

There's a bit of sleet in London so I expect all forms of travel to grind to a halt and a media reaction similar to that following Hurricane Harvey.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 30 Nov 2017, 11:51 am

Sleet on Fleet Street?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Nov 2017, 11:58 am

What a treat!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:05 pm

Afternoon notches

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:11 pm

Afternoon Shah. Are you wrapped up warm in a bundle of wives?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:20 pm

More like a body vest and bundle of wires.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:26 pm

No my friend, one of them fell yesterday, landed on her face and ended up with swelling around the eyes and nose and bruising everywhere. This cold snap was a lucky break for me as now she can sleep on the floor next to the door facing into the icy draft to reduce the swelling on her face and I don't have to look at her while she is ugly. As such, my misfortune in her falling on her face and ruining my view has insulated me from the cold. Might push her down the stairs a couple times a month until spring.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:30 pm

Wonder how sean is coping?
Probably shagging some bird in the keg room of some country club in Hampshire... putting a dent in the boiler pipes at the same time.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:30 pm

superflyweight wrote:More like a body vest and bundle of wires.  

I'm not an electrician in Dundee

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:34 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:No my friend, one of them fell yesterday, landed on her face and ended up with swelling around the eyes and nose and bruising everywhere. This cold snap was a lucky break  for me as now she can sleep on the floor next to the door facing into the icy draft to reduce the swelling on her face and I don't have to look at her while she is ugly. As such, my misfortune in her falling on her face and ruining my view has insulated me from the cold. Might push her down the stairs a couple times a month until spring.

Hopefully it heals quickly and you get your view back soon.

Gonna be 33 here tomorrow... her face would start blistering and attract wildlife if it were positioned next to the door.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:35 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:Wonder how sean is coping?
Probably shagging some bird in the keg room of some country club in Hampshire... putting a dent in the boiler pipes at the same time.

He must be freezing his Love sacks off while thinking about Leafgate and chuckling to himself.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:39 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

Dundee is yet to 'go electric'.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Nov 2017, 1:51 pm

superflyweight wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Dundee is yet to 'go electric'.  

They had go to grips with horseless carriages when I lived there, so there is hope.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:37 pm

We managed to get to 1.51 pm before a michaelsing. Progress.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Nov 2017, 8:21 pm

Did we exceed our quota today? Only 3 and a bit pages to go before Christmas.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 01 Dec 2017, 7:55 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Did we exceed our quota today? Only 3 and a bit pages to go before Christmas.

We did. We now require under 14 posts per day for the first time.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Dec 2017, 8:04 am

Morning 'Julius'... 'Lions' really fell into that one!

Are you thawing out again this morning?

Just got some Chinese guests about an hour ago.
One girl talks like a baby cartoon character. Hilarious. I think she likes the place a lot and is a little over excited.
They are out now getting pizza after driving down from Coffs Harbour today... a 7 hour road trip.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Dec 2017, 8:10 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Did we exceed our quota today? Only 3 and a bit pages to go before Christmas.

We did. We now require under 14 posts per day for the first time.

We should aim to get it down to only 12-10 posts per day in the next couple of weeks. Manage the chase a bit more.
Then that would give us more breathing space when, I assume, things will slow down a little bit more as we approach Christmas.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 01 Dec 2017, 8:11 am

Seeing as no-one else wants it...

Fist!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Dec 2017, 8:16 am

Jules posted 21 mintues ago, Galted.... just in case you missed.

We're just blabbering on about the post quota target. We are nicely on track so far.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 01 Dec 2017, 8:30 am

Saw that, LD, no-one claimed Fist though.

Except for me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 01 Dec 2017, 8:31 am

We'd need another 18 today to bring it down to 13 per working day.

Congratulations on your fist Galted.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 01 Dec 2017, 9:11 am

No wants Sicond either.

Sicond!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 01 Dec 2017, 9:26 am

Morning Notches.

Work is dead and the drive here is dicing with death. Good god. I see the thread split is causing Julius some anxiety so let's see if we can get the ball rolling.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 01 Dec 2017, 9:30 am

https://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2011-01/mexican-authorities-seize-homemade-marijuana-hurling-catapult-border

Maybe a hint of how trade will be conducted post brexit over the Irish border. These people are my kind of people. Medieval methods and marijuana by the kilo.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 01 Dec 2017, 9:36 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:We'd need another 18 today to bring it down to 13 per working day.

Congratulations on your fist Galted.

Thanks, Julius. It is my finest fist and I am quite proud of it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 01 Dec 2017, 10:03 am

Nice to see TLD is on the ball with the latest gadgets
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-42190358

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 01 Dec 2017, 10:17 am

Well at least his swimming pool can double as a jacuzzi now. Although I suppose he would need it seeing as he's hosting half of Asia in his house every week.

Don't you find it intrusive TLD? Or does the money received smooth over any irritations?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 01 Dec 2017, 10:38 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Well at least his swimming pool can double as a jacuzzi now. Although I suppose he would need it seeing as he's hosting half of Asia in his house every week.

Don't you find it intrusive TLD? Or does the money received smooth over any irritations?

You'll find out why in a few years when one of the 'guests' escapes and the police start digging up the patio and garden. The pool might be a source of interest too.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 01 Dec 2017, 10:50 am

HP is a sauce of interest.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Dec 2017, 10:51 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Well at least his swimming pool can double as a jacuzzi now. Although I suppose he would need it seeing as he's hosting half of Asia in his house every week.

No, I've been lucky, very nice people so far. They are usually up early and out somewhere... then back late.
Some days you barely cross paths with them.

Yes Jules, a nice big back up battery for SA.
Because they are at the end of the national grid and rely on 41% renewable energy... they were exposed for a few days last year when a storm blew down some power lines and they had to borrow some electricity from their neighbours.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 01 Dec 2017, 10:59 am

Fair do's. Did you get shot of the bird then? Can't imagine any bird putting up with that in her house, especially the sexy Asian birds every other week.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:02 am

Galted wrote:

You'll find out why in a few years when one of the 'guests' escapes and the police start digging up the patio and garden. The pool might be a source of interest too.

I dug up lots of bones here... animal bones.
I had to bury an owl in a peaceful corner of the property near the garage. He/she's under some weed barrier, road base and ornamental pebbles now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:07 am

My brother used to have a pet owl. It unfortunately got killed and eaten by a larger species. It was an aggressive, albeit cute, little c*nt.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:14 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Fair do's. Did you get shot of the bird then? Can't imagine any bird putting up with that in her house, especially the sexy Asian birds every other week.

You mean a photograph? They only arrived a few hours ago. They'll sleep soundly tonight no doubt.
Then tomorrow, they'll check out the opera house, go catch a ferry or whatever tourists do.
Sunday - Blue Mountains, long day for them. Leave Monday morning. It all goes pretty quickly.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:17 am

Galted wrote:My brother used to have a pet owl. It unfortunately got killed and eaten by a larger species. It was an aggressive, albeit cute, little c*nt.

This one got mugged by other birds too. All because I chopped down its tree and it had nowhere to live.
It then tried to move to another similar tree... and got bullied and ultimately murdered by the other birds. I feel totally responsible for its tragic demise.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:29 am

Maybe Tino was Jim Nabors all the time?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:31 am

My ISA is a source of interest.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:42 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Fair do's. Did you get shot of the bird then? Can't imagine any bird putting up with that in her house, especially the sexy Asian birds every other week.

You mean a photograph? They only arrived a few hours ago. They'll sleep soundly tonight no doubt.
Then tomorrow, they'll check out the opera house, go catch a ferry or whatever tourists do.
Sunday - Blue Mountains, long day for them. Leave Monday morning. It all goes pretty quickly.

I meant did you get rid of your significant other?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:44 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

I meant did you get rid of your significant other?

No significant other - so no explaining or anything like that to do.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:45 am

Morning ya filthy animals, in the interest of cross board friendliness etc I'm inviting you all to take part in something myself and the football management section do each Friday and that's play a game of Sheep (not in a Wales way).
Basically it's like Family Fortunes, just PM your answer to Bambam before 2pm if you're interested in playing, it's not always the right answer you'll want to go for, just what you think others will pick as the most likely answer:

Sheep questions

1. How many years (in total) will Donald Trump last as President
2. Which team do England most want to AVOID from pot 1 of the World Cup draw
3. Which team do England most want to DRAW from pot 1 of the World Cup draw
4. Who is the most powerful Marvel Superhero
5. Which of these will be the first to leave his current job - Allardyce, Moyes, Hughes, Pardew, Hodgson
6. Will Wayne Rooney score 15 goals this season
7. What is your favourite part of Xmas lunch/dinner

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:06 pm

My puns are not a source of interest.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:22 pm

Two chicken tikka wraps with chilli mayo and fried onions, a packet of Worcester sauce crisps and a can of lilt.

9/10.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:40 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:My puns are not a source of interest.

The ISA one ISA particularly good one.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next