European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by George Carlin on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Round 2, mofos. Can I stress again my disappointment that nobody can haul their carcass to the keyboard to create separate match threads.

20/10/2017 19:45 P5
Scarlets v Bath Rugby
Parc y Scarlets
BT Sport / beIN Sports

21/10/2017 13:00 P3
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby
Scotstoun Stadium
Sky Sports / beIN Sports

21/10/2017 16:15 P2
ASM Clermont Auvergne v Northampton Saints
Stade Marcel-Michelin
beIN Sports / BT Sport

21/10/2017 16:15 P5
Benetton Rugby v RC Toulon
Stadio Comunale di Monigo
BT Sport / beIN Sports

21/10/2017 17:30 P4
Leicester Tigers v Castres Olympique
Welford Road
Sky Sports / beIN Sports

21/10/2017 17:30 P4
Munster Rugby v Racing 92
Thomond Park
Sky Sports / beIN Sports

21/10/2017 19:45 P2
Saracens v Ospreys
Allianz Park
BT Sport / beIN Sports

22/10/2017 14:00 P3
Montpellier v Exeter Chiefs
Altrad Stadium
beIN Sports / Sky Sports

22/10/2017 16:15 P1
La Rochelle v Ulster Rugby
Stade Marcel-Deflandre
FR2 / Sky Sports / beIN Sports

22/10/2017 17:30 P1
Wasps v Harlequins
Ricoh Arena
BT Sport / beIN Sports

Scarlets v Bath, Glasgow v Leinster and Munster v Racing are the ones that I would like to watch and which my wife will tell me later that I am not allowed to.
avatar
George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14313
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down


Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:05 pm

La Rochelle must be pretty good this year...

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7183
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by mid_gen on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Not impressed with the officiating (way too much TMO)....but a fair scoreline. Wasps defence has been much better, but they are leaving gaps with their line speed that we can exploit....not giving up hope!

mid_gen

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Ozzy3213 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Some of Quins play is comically bad.
avatar
Ozzy3213
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 18489
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 42
Location : Sandhurst

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by mid_gen on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 pm

Marcus Smith getting his first taste of fast aggressive defence shutting down his time and space. He's had it pretty easy so far this season.

Time to see what he's made of in the second half....

mid_gen

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by kingelderfield on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Scratchy match, Quins haven't really turned up and Wasps are still along way off their form. That said at least Wasps are playing with more confidence than I've seen in a while.

Sounded like a real performance from Exeter in the earlier game.

kingelderfield

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2011-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Duty281 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Don't think Quins have had the rub of the green with the refereeing.

Marler gets a yellow for a forearm; Hughes didn't get punished for the same offence.

Duty281

Posts : 17705
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by mid_gen on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Normal service resumed for Quins fans. Thought things were looking up this year....

mid_gen

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by mid_gen on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Ref is not giving us a sniff either, that line-out wasn't even close to being straight....

mid_gen

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by whocares on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Happy for La Rochelle who did well considering they didn't have any real FH after 10 mins. Probably the best back row of the Top14, all playing like centres with great speed and momentum. The rest of the French teams were disappointing across both comps.

whocares

Posts : 4117
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 41
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by mid_gen on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Oh well, time to concentrate on the AP.. We only just squeaked into the competition anyway.

Most disappointing thing is that we've reverted to playing stupid rugby again, same as last season.

Hope Saili is ok, that was a horror show collision :/

mid_gen

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by kingelderfield on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Le Roux and Daly need to be dropped. Pathetic especially from Daly.

kingelderfield

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2011-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by mid_gen on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Can the ref just stop the game and let the result stand? Wasps have their BP, Quins have no chance of rescuing anything.

mid_gen

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Sin é on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 pm

A bit of history for you.

Munster has played 160 games in HCup/Champs Cup, 3 more than Toulouse, 8 more than Leinster and 14 more than Leicester.

Munster have won 110 games, Toulouse 105, Leinster 99 and Leicester 93.

Toulouse has scored the most points in Europe with 2936, Leinster 2890, Munster 2785, Leicester 2690.

avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13540
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by nathan on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Sin é wrote:A bit of history for you.

Munster has played 160 games in HCup/Champs Cup, 3 more than Toulouse, 8 more than Leinster and 14 more than Leicester.

Munster have won 110 games, Toulouse 105, Leinster 99 and Leicester 93.

Toulouse has scored the most points in Europe with 2936, Leinster 2890, Munster 2785, Leicester 2690.


Munster have also never won back to back European Cups Wink

nathan

Posts : 10812
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by nathan on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:14 pm

kingelderfield wrote:Le Roux and Daly need to be dropped. Pathetic especially from Daly.

What did they do?

nathan

Posts : 10812
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by sensisball on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Whocares

Clermont aren't doing too badly. Two wins from two and played about 60 minutes of this Saturday's game against Saints with young Charlie Cassing at 10 (who scored a brace of tries) after Camille Lopez went off with an horrific leg break.
If they can make it to the  QF's they should have Fofana, Lopez,Nagaitachi, Chouly and  hopefully Itturia back in the squad by the time the knock out games come around. I guess a lot will depend on how their squad survives the winter in the T 14.

sensisball

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-17
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by whocares on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:16 am

Clermont results are ok but they are not being as dominant as last year. I really fear for them during their double header in December against Saracens. Fofana should be back by then and hopefully an injury free Patricio Fernandez. Camille Lopez injury is really depressing for France as the FH back up options are really average at best.

whocares

Posts : 4117
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 41
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Sin é on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:17 am

nathan wrote:
Sin é wrote:A bit of history for you.

Munster has played 160 games in HCup/Champs Cup, 3 more than Toulouse, 8 more than Leinster and 14 more than Leicester.

Munster have won 110 games, Toulouse 105, Leinster 99 and Leicester 93.

Toulouse has scored the most points in Europe with 2936, Leinster 2890, Munster 2785, Leicester 2690.


Munster have also never won back to back European Cups Wink

And?
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13540
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by marty2086 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:25 am

whocares wrote:Happy for La Rochelle who did well considering they didn't have any real FH after 10 mins. Probably the best back row of the Top14, all playing like centres with great speed and momentum. The rest of the French teams were disappointing across both comps.

Ulster don't exactly have a fly half either

marty2086

Posts : 9949
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 32
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by sensisball on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Whocares

I agree with you re Clermont's form this year. Although, considering their large injury list and having to rest French squad players at the start of the T14 i think they are beginning to find their form. Agree about france's autumn propects with Lopez being out.

No other 10 in France brings the same level of control and structure to a game as Lopez. His kicking game is also superb.  Unfortunately i think that Noves is also showing himself to be way out of touch as an International coach. With the back line riches at his disposal he appears to be following the old Toulouse blueprint of smash it up through the forwards then chuck the ball about and wait till a bit of individual magic breaks the opposition line.Unfortunately good International teams have too strong a defensive structure for that laisser fair approach to bear much fruit.

sensisball

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-17
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by tigertattie on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Few points and questions from me!

La Rochelle smacked Ulster. Have they bought in a lot of players since last season?

Treviso really brought it to Toulon. Id never have thought they'd have gotten so close. Are Toulon struggling despite their spending power?

LI humped Stade. What on earth has happened to Stade? They were beaten last week by Krasny Yar (who were utterly pumped by Edinburgh this week)

With the Wallabies beating NZ at the weekend also, has rugby started to get difficult to predict again?
avatar
tigertattie

Posts : 5123
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Ozzy3213 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:39 pm

Stade huffed and puffed against us tigertattie, but had very little cutting edge.  I was surprised as they had a strong looking side out and certainly appeared up for it, they just had very little spark.  The scoreline looks like we were all over them, but in reality they had more possession and territory than us, they just weren't able to do anything with it.  We made 208 tackles with a 93% completion rate.
avatar
Ozzy3213
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 18489
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 42
Location : Sandhurst

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by BigGee on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:41 pm

tigertattie wrote:Few points and questions from me!

La Rochelle smacked Ulster. Have they bought in a lot of players since last season?

Treviso really brought it to Toulon. Id never have thought they'd have gotten so close. Are Toulon struggling despite their spending power?

LI humped Stade. What on earth has happened to Stade? They were beaten last week by Krasny Yar (who were utterly pumped by Edinburgh this week)

With the Wallabies beating NZ at the weekend also, has rugby started to get difficult to predict again?

La Rochelle were not in the Champs cup last year, so may not have had much exposure over here. They did lead the French league for much of the year though and are definitely a good side on the up. They play before pack crowds and have very lively fans, the pride of the town.

Stade clearly did not fancy the trip to Russia (they were the same about going to Romania last year, when they refused to play and managed to contrive a walk over) and have now completely given up. They were a bit like that last year, when they were lucky to qualify for the knock outs then only got interested when they did. The French teams remain very fickle in the Euro comps and still give up very easily, even when they are the defending champs.

BigGee

Posts : 5040
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by sensisball on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Stade also suffered a drain of several first team players over the summer, including Raba Slimani to Clermont. They nearly ended up merging with Racing because of their financial problems. Survival in the T 14 is their main priority, as it is for most French teams apart from Clermont and Toulon, who have the size and quality of squad to fight on two fronts.

As has been mentioned La Rochelle had a great season last year and this is their first venture into the champions cup so they are enjoying themselves,  whilst they are still winning. They signed a few players over the summer, including the makeshift 10 Jeremy Sinzelle, usually a winger, and Geoffrey Doumayrou,a centre, both from Stade.   Rene Ranger has bolstered an already potent back three, although he is injured at the moment.

sensisball

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-02-17
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by nathan on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:01 pm

Sin é wrote:
nathan wrote:
Sin é wrote:A bit of history for you.

Munster has played 160 games in HCup/Champs Cup, 3 more than Toulouse, 8 more than Leinster and 14 more than Leicester.

Munster have won 110 games, Toulouse 105, Leinster 99 and Leicester 93.

Toulouse has scored the most points in Europe with 2936, Leinster 2890, Munster 2785, Leicester 2690.


Munster have also never won back to back European Cups Wink

And?

A bit of history for you.

nathan

Posts : 10812
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Sin é on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:00 pm

nathan wrote:
Sin é wrote:
nathan wrote:
Sin é wrote:A bit of history for you.

Munster has played 160 games in HCup/Champs Cup, 3 more than Toulouse, 8 more than Leinster and 14 more than Leicester.

Munster have won 110 games, Toulouse 105, Leinster 99 and Leicester 93.

Toulouse has scored the most points in Europe with 2936, Leinster 2890, Munster 2785, Leicester 2690.


Munster have also never won back to back European Cups Wink

And?

A bit of history for you.

There are 3 clubs who have won back to backs, hardly unique like playing 160 games in the top European competition.
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13540
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by No 7&1/2 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:12 pm

4 have done it back to back.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 15904
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Sin é on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:4 have done it back to back.

Sorry, you are right. I'd forgotten about Saracens.
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13540
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Scottrf on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Hartley cited, Slimani not. What a joke.

Scottrf

Posts : 13766
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Heaf2 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:08 am

What???? that's ridiculous ...

Heaf2

Posts : 234
Join date : 2017-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Ozzy3213 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:27 pm



I know this was the Challenge Cup rather than the Champions Cup but this was a pretty good try we scored against Stade!
avatar
Ozzy3213
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 18489
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 42
Location : Sandhurst

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by beshocked on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Munster's home record is truly immense - 69 wins, 8 losses. I think Saracens have the best record away from home in the competition- it's funny how many times they've won in France in recent years.

With just Racing Metro alone they've beaten them twice in Paris, once in Lille ( I think), once in Nantes and in a "home" game in Belgium!

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Sin é on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:34 pm

beshocked wrote:Munster's home record is truly immense - 69 wins, 8 losses. I think Saracens have the best record away from home in the competition- it's funny how many times they've won in France in recent years.

With just Racing Metro alone they've beaten them twice in Paris, once in Lille ( I think), once in Nantes and in a "home" game in Belgium!

This is a good page for looking up all info. Saracens have played Racing 5 times and won 4 of them. Saracens have never beaten Leinster or Cardiff. Played Munster 8 times and won 3 of them.

http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/saracens.php?section=4

For Munster - Ulster is the only team it hasn't beaten at least once (and only played once!)
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13540
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:

I know this was the Challenge Cup rather than the Champions Cup but this was a pretty good try we scored against Stade!
I really wish they would show more challenge cup games on tv.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5106
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by munkian on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:47 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:

I know this was the Challenge Cup rather than the Champions Cup but this was a pretty good try we scored against Stade!
I really wish they would show more challenge cup games on tv.

Same. It would also help if all the games for the Champions/Challenge cup were on the same provider - BT OR Sky - splitting them between both is ridiculous.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8059
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by SecretFly on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:48 pm

munkian wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:

I know this was the Challenge Cup rather than the Champions Cup but this was a pretty good try we scored against Stade!
I really wish they would show more challenge cup games on tv.

Same. It would also help if all the games for the Champions/Challenge cup were on the same provider - BT OR Sky - splitting them between both is ridiculous.

It's like demanding that all Soaps be on the one provider/network..... which would be a very good idea indeed as I'd then know which 'one-launch-does-all' TV network to nuke..... Whistle

SecretFly

Posts : 28017
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Sin é on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:53 pm

SecretFly wrote:
munkian wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:

I know this was the Challenge Cup rather than the Champions Cup but this was a pretty good try we scored against Stade!
I really wish they would show more challenge cup games on tv.

Same. It would also help if all the games for the Champions/Challenge cup were on the same provider - BT OR Sky - splitting them between both is ridiculous.

It's like demanding that all Soaps be on the one provider/network..... which would be a very good idea indeed as I'd then know which 'one-launch-does-all' TV network to nuke..... Whistle

Ah Fly, you back?
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13540
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by SecretFly on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Sin é wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
munkian wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:

I know this was the Challenge Cup rather than the Champions Cup but this was a pretty good try we scored against Stade!
I really wish they would show more challenge cup games on tv.

Same. It would also help if all the games for the Champions/Challenge cup were on the same provider - BT OR Sky - splitting them between both is ridiculous.

It's like demanding that all Soaps be on the one provider/network..... which would be a very good idea indeed as I'd then know which 'one-launch-does-all' TV network to nuke..... Whistle

Ah Fly, you back?

How the hell are you, you red shirted troublemaker?Hug I caught a little bit there on another thread where someone was assuming to teach you something about 'history' - and I laughed. Presuming to teach Sin history is like teaching somebody how to drive a Fiat Bambino when they already drive a Lamborghini.

'Fraid no, I'm not back, Sin. Just sometimes look in and maybe spot a line that I can't resist responding to but otherwise I'm too busy with other things in life right now.

SecretFly

Posts : 28017
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Sin é on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:02 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Sin é wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
munkian wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:

I know this was the Challenge Cup rather than the Champions Cup but this was a pretty good try we scored against Stade!
I really wish they would show more challenge cup games on tv.

Same. It would also help if all the games for the Champions/Challenge cup were on the same provider - BT OR Sky - splitting them between both is ridiculous.

It's like demanding that all Soaps be on the one provider/network..... which would be a very good idea indeed as I'd then know which 'one-launch-does-all' TV network to nuke..... Whistle

Ah Fly, you back?

How the hell are you, you red shirted troublemaker?Hug   I caught a little bit there on another thread where someone was assuming to teach you something about 'history' - and I laughed.  Presuming to teach Sin history is like teaching somebody how to drive a Fiat Bambino when they already drive a Lamborghini.

'Fraid no, I'm not back, Sin.  Just sometimes look in and maybe spot a line that I can't resist responding to but otherwise I'm too busy with other things in life right now.

Thats a pity Fly. Its got all too quiet here. Are you too busy terrorising some politics forum?
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13540
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Euro club champonship

Post by rugbybanter on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Just been catching up on some of the club rugby competition replays for the month. Incredibe to see that the Russians managed a slim win over a very depleted Stade Francais side. Im not sure why the Russians are in this competition (with two teams) ahead of other club sides in European countries who have been in the "developing queue" of world rugby for much longer than them. It makes a farce of the competition that a team like SF has to send an understrength side into the former soviet union for the sake of global rugby PR! If the Russians want to fast track their ascent up the global rankings of club competition it would better done in the form of a team that is good enough to foot it with the best that the 6 nations has to offer (club teams) Krasni yar are just not ready for it yet and a backhander to world rugby from Putins rugby ambassadors should be the means to an end to allow it to happen.
On the Top 14. It looks like the Paris teams are going to be competitive this season which is great for the competition. Despite the Southern dominance in this comp' a capable Paris opponent is healthy for French club rugby. Toulon look frustrated and their results show it. The TV schedule is again upsetting the apple cart, it seems pointless to have a broadcast at the allotted time if the team playing isn't playing its best rugby as a result! Canal has come up with some good numbers to keep the armchair viewer entertained not sure if it bodes well for the competition/s as the programme looks saturated for 12 months of the year. Disappointing to see so much promising talent (former test internationals) not getting much game time in the Top 14. These experienced senior players are getting paid to play not warm a bench so get them on the field so we can see what theyre worth! Also seems to be alot of mediocre talent in the fowards with alot of the French clubs. I dont see how a guy like Fritz Lee ever ended up in a clermont jumper, absolute rubbish. Would be good to see the French bring some of their own through the grades into the premier teams and I think B Laporte will ensure this is done swiftly. Looking foward to some sevens this weekend, should be good!




George Carlin wrote:Round 2, mofos. Can I stress again my disappointment that nobody can haul their carcass to the keyboard to create separate match threads.

20/10/2017 19:45 P5
Scarlets v Bath Rugby
Parc y Scarlets
BT Sport / beIN Sports

21/10/2017 13:00 P3
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby
Scotstoun Stadium
Sky Sports / beIN Sports

21/10/2017 16:15 P2
ASM Clermont Auvergne v Northampton Saints
Stade Marcel-Michelin
beIN Sports / BT Sport

21/10/2017 16:15 P5
Benetton Rugby v RC Toulon
Stadio Comunale di Monigo
BT Sport / beIN Sports

21/10/2017 17:30 P4
Leicester Tigers v Castres Olympique
Welford Road
Sky Sports / beIN Sports

21/10/2017 17:30 P4
Munster Rugby v Racing 92
Thomond Park
Sky Sports / beIN Sports

21/10/2017 19:45 P2
Saracens v Ospreys
Allianz Park
BT Sport / beIN Sports

22/10/2017 14:00 P3
Montpellier v Exeter Chiefs
Altrad Stadium
beIN Sports / Sky Sports

22/10/2017 16:15 P1
La Rochelle v Ulster Rugby
Stade Marcel-Deflandre
FR2 / Sky Sports / beIN Sports

22/10/2017 17:30 P1
Wasps v Harlequins
Ricoh Arena
BT Sport / beIN Sports

Scarlets v Bath, Glasgow v Leinster and Munster v Racing are the ones that I would like to watch and which my wife will tell me later that I am not allowed to.

rugbybanter

Posts : 66
Join date : 2017-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by geoff999rugby on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Banter I'll give you some slack because you are new but you need to realise the Russians have been parachuted in nowhere and have not been given an unfair advantage.

They are in the Challenge Cup on merit because they have qualified via the Continental Shield.

Teams from 8 nations are in the competition this year:
Italy
Georgia
Romania
Russia
Spain
Portugal
Germany
Belgium

geoff999rugby

Posts : 3928
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup 2017 - Round 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum