The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 World Cup Discussion

+3
Duty281
Steffan
Luke
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2017 World Cup Discussion  Empty 2017 World Cup Discussion

Post by Luke Fri 27 Oct 2017, 11:42

2nd half of the first game of the 2017 World cup. Australia v England in Melbourne. 
Australia dominated the 1st half by miles. England coming back into it. Hall & Mcgilvery excellent. Widdop, Gale and Hodgson & Lomax, poor in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

2017 World Cup Discussion  Empty Re: 2017 World Cup Discussion

Post by Luke Fri 27 Oct 2017, 12:02

Australia win 18 - 4.
Good 2nd half by England, just not clinical when had the opportunities. McGilvery and Hall excellent,  Roby good when he came on. Bateman had a good game but needs to be back in the pack.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 27 Oct 2017, 15:56

Didn't see the first half but whenever Australia had the ball in the second half they always seemed to make far more yardage. Thought England defended well though when under the cosh

Here's hoping Wales get the win tomorrow Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 27 Oct 2017, 17:41

Steffan wrote:Didn't see the first half but whenever Australia had the ball in the second half they always seemed to make far more yardage. Thought England defended well though when under the cosh

Here's hoping Wales get the win tomorrow Wales

England had more attacking chances in the 2nd. But your right Australia were always on top, and you sort of felt if Australia needed to they could step up a gear.

It's a tough ask for Wales tomorrow, especially as the games in Papua new Guinea, but good luck to them. It promises to be an excellent game.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 27 Oct 2017, 18:47

Right here's the full run down (which probably should have been at the top).

2017 RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD CUP 
HELD - Australia, New Zealand & Papua new Guinea.

GROUP A
Australia, England, Lebanon & France.

Top 3 go through to the QF.

GROUP B 
New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga & Scotland.

Top 3 go through to the QF.

GROUP C 
Papua new Guinea, Wales & Ireland.

GROUP D
Italy, Fiji & USA. 

Group c & dog will play group games against each .

Top of each group will then go through to the  QF.

Then it's QF,SF & Final.

TV COVERAGE

England games are on BBC 2, every game is on premier sport. There are TV highlights on BBC 2 on each game day I think (Fri,Sat & Suns).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 27 Oct 2017, 23:02

Prt 2 - (sorry about the piecemeal of this doing this while at work).

FIXTURES (times gmt ).

Sat 28th Oct.
Papua new Guinea v Wales  (6am ).
New Zealand  v Samoa (8.10am).
Fiji v USA (10.40am).

Sun 29th Oct.
Ireland v Italy  (4am).
France v Lebanon  (5am).
Scotland v Tonga (6.15am).

Fri 3rd Nov
Australia v France  (9.am).

Sat 4th Nov.
New Zealand v Scotland  (4am).
Samoa v Tonga (6.30am).
England v Lebanon  (9am).

Sun 5th Nov.
Italy v USA  (6am).
Papua new Guinea verve Ireland  (6am).
Fiji v Wales (8.30am).

Fri 10th Nov.
Fiji v Italy  (8.40am).

Sat 11th November. 
New Zealand v Tonga (4am).
Samoa v Scotland  (7am).
Australia v Lebanon  (9am).

Sun 12th Nov.
Papua new Guinea v USA  (5am).
Wales v  Ireland  (7.30).
England v France  (10am).

Fri 17th Nov - QF 1 (9am).
Sat 18th Nov - QF 2 (4am).
Sat 18th Nov -  QF3  (6.30am).
Sun 19th Nov - QF4  (5am).

Sat 24th Nov - SF1 (9am).
Sun 25th Nov - SF1  (5am).

Sat 2nd December - Final (9am).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 28 Oct 2017, 12:45

No surprises from this mornings game.
As Papua new Guinea stuff Wales 50-6, Fiji stuff USA 58-12 & and New Zealand beat Samoa 38-8.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 28 Oct 2017, 13:13

No cutting edge from England, yesterday, in spite of some good individual performances.

Now, with New Zealand and England set to batter themselves to a standstill a week before the final (again), the World Cup looks safely sewn up for Australia.

The international RL game badly needs some of the lesser-heralded nations to come to the fore - so hopefully Tonga and PNG can live up to the hype.

As for tomorrow, France look very good odds (Evens) to overcome Lebanon, but who on earth is in charge of the scheduling?!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 28 Oct 2017, 14:21

Duty281 wrote:No cutting edge from England, yesterday, in spite of some good individual performances.

Now, with New Zealand and England set to batter themselves to a standstill a week before the final (again), the World Cup looks safely sewn up for Australia.

The international RL game badly needs some of the lesser-heralded nations to come to the fore - so hopefully Tonga and PNG can live up to the hype.

As for tomorrow, France look very good odds (Evens) to overcome Lebanon, but who on earth is in charge of the scheduling?!

Agree with what you say about England. 

International RL needs not just some of the lesser lights to come forth. But a proper calender to help them, until we get that, the odd game and a tournament every 4 years is never going to help them progress to a sufficient level of a chance to win (they always compete).

Be good if Lebanon win, but France should. If Scotland/Tonga is as good as the last world cup. It will be a fantastic game.

I'm not sure what you mean about scheduling?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 28 Oct 2017, 20:37

I thought it would be tough for Wales but ouch. I suspect Scotland will have it all to do tomorrow morning v Tonga.

IMO England need to be a bit more........English i.e. more off the cuff play/off-loads, tough to be beat Australia playing their game i.e. structures, no surprise given who the coach is. Not too difficult but in fairness an improvement from last year although what Bateman is doing at Centre when Michael Shenton is presumably on holiday somewhere mystifies me.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 28 Oct 2017, 22:07

Luke wrote:I'm not sure what you mean about scheduling?

As in the kick-off times for tomorrow are not staggered (unlike today), meaning that games will be played simultaneously, thus equalling lower television and advertising revenue.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 29 Oct 2017, 00:38

The Beast wrote:I thought it would be tough for Wales but ouch.  I suspect Scotland will have it all to do tomorrow morning v Tonga.

IMO England need to be a bit more........English i.e. more off the cuff play/off-loads, tough to be beat Australia playing their game i.e. structures, no surprise given who the coach is.  Not too difficult but in fairness an improvement from last year although what Bateman is doing at Centre when Michael Shenton is presumably on holiday somewhere mystifies me.
Agree about England, we're never going to beat them trying to play there way, so maybe try another way. Bateman needs to be in the SR. Waste of a talented player by putting him in a position he doesn't play. Also doesn't help his winger by knowing when to release etc. 

With regards Shenton,  you could add Shaul, Snyed and a few others as well.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 29 Oct 2017, 00:49

Duty281 wrote:
Luke wrote:I'm not sure what you mean about scheduling?

As in the kick-off times for tomorrow are not staggered (unlike today), meaning that games will be played simultaneously, thus equalling lower television and advertising revenue.
 Get you now.
 It's because the Ireland & Scotland games are a double header in Cairns. The France games in Canberra, so the games will be on Australian TV early evening. Canberra's+11,Cairns +10. In essence your right, but in RL we do things like this (ie shot ourselves in the foot fairly regularly).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 01:21

I expect Australia and England to improve as the tournament progresses

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 29 Oct 2017, 12:04

Scotland get trounced 50-4 by Tonga.

But Ireland produce a great performance  (especially in the 1st half were they were near on faultless), to beat Italy 36-12. Liam Finn was outstanding.

And the result that the WC (and you could argue international rugby), needed. As Lebanon suprise France to win 29-18.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 30 Oct 2017, 00:32

If someone can beat Australia at some stage that will be a positive for the world cup, but it remains a big if.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 31 Oct 2017, 19:02

Crikey...I didn't realise Wales were so bad at rugby league nowadays laughing

Ah well. Looks like it's gonna be like the Ashes in cricket for me. No team to support but will cheer on the Aussie boys Wallaby

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 31 Oct 2017, 20:40

Steffan wrote:Crikey...I didn't realise Wales were so bad at rugby league nowadays laughing

Ah well. Looks like it's gonna be like the Ashes in cricket for me. No team to support but will cheer on the Aussie boys Wallaby

The problems Wales have is they have a young inexperienced squad, that are mainly either part time or play in the lower leagues (only 3 play in SL). 
Though Papua new Guinea in Papua new Guinea would be tough for most sides.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 31 Oct 2017, 22:23

Luke wrote:
Steffan wrote:Crikey...I didn't realise Wales were so bad at rugby league nowadays laughing

The problems Wales have is they have a young inexperienced squad, that are mainly either part time or play in the lower leagues (only 3 play in SL). 
Yeah I guess there is no shame in losing to Papua New Guinea. But we didn't have a bad side 15-20 years ago. Dunno why we have gone downhill so bad but would I guess it's due to union going professional. Doesn't seem to be any real talent surfacing on the league side of things or swapping codes. Year ago we had a players in the Great Britain team. Now I don't think one player would make that side if it were still going

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 31 Oct 2017, 22:44

Steffan wrote:
Luke wrote:

Yeah I guess there is no shame in losing to Papua New Guinea. But we didn't have a bad side 15-20 years ago. Dunno why we have gone downhill so bad but would I guess it's due to union going professional. Doesn't seem to be any real talent surfacing on the league side of things or swapping codes. Year ago we had a players in the Great Britain team. Now I don't think one player would make that side if it were still going

It was a very good team back then.
I think Union going professional is part of the reason. The fact that both of Wales 2 sides are semi professional and are having problems with cash, changing grounds etc. And the fact that Union will always be the more dominant code, and would imagine a lot of people would want to play for the Wales RU side. Despite what some people might think, both codes are vastly different and you not going to be good at both, so are more likely to plump for one. Though the schoolboy RL seems to be taking off. 
It's the trouble RL has with all the Home Nations, and until we get a proper international calender it will continue to be. 

As for the Lions, it's returning next year for a test series against New Zealand.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 03 Nov 2017, 14:10

And to the suprise of now body,  Australia beat France 52 - 6, to qualify for the quarter final.

England have called up George Williams for Johnny Lomax for tomorrow games.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 04 Nov 2017, 13:12

New Zealand gain revenge for last season's 4 nations, by absolutely destroying Scotland 74-6.
Tonga beat Samoa 32-18.
And England are very unconvincing in beating Lebanon 29-10.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 04 Nov 2017, 13:52

Painful for Scotland.

I thought England played reasonably well........for an hour, I though Walmsley went well on debut and front 5 generally dominated, at 28 - 6 I was thinking two more tries to take it out to 40 would have been good. After the Burgess try however it was pretty scratchy, Hodgson going off, Widdop to FB and George Williams going on was perhaps practice in the event of injuries? Hopefully not a combination we will see again.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 04 Nov 2017, 13:53

England were poor today. Hodgson was to slow around the play the ball,and kept stepping out into our halves space. Gale just doesn't look international. Heighton & Hill are rubbish, and Bateman NEEDS to be in either the 2nd row, or not playing. Taylor & McMeeken must be wondering what they have to do to get a chance. 

It was a really poor game, not helped by Thaler doing the SL referee thing and blowing up for everything. We'll struggle against a decent side playing this one out style with the players I mentioned. 

Tonga look very impressive, and could be a decent bet for at least a semi (they've now qualified for the quarter finals). 
As have New Zealand.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 04 Nov 2017, 14:03

I have a feeling Gale is being asked to organise and perhaps not much else with Widdop more the playmaker (could be talking cobblers).

Hang on I have spilt coffee on my sofa

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 04 Nov 2017, 14:12

Sorry went on the carpet too (coffee), bummer only had it a couple of months emergency clean up operation.

I do agree with your comments on Thaler he had a bit of a mare and seemed to miss some late hits and a number of hands in the ruck, very inconsistent.

Bateman, couldn't agree more simply not a second rower. Hodgson not so sure it was him, I was thinking generally they could with more depth starting with the halves taking 2 steps back however I am far from the expert. I would like to see more off-loads from the pack.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 04 Nov 2017, 14:41

Dismal from England. PNG (if they beat Ireland tomorrow) have got a decent chance against England in the quarters.

Tonga were good. The Kiwis were very, very angry and motivated.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 04 Nov 2017, 16:21

[quote="The Beast"]Sorry went on the carpet too (coffee), bummer only had it a couple of months emergency clean up operation.

I do agree with your comments on Thaler he had a bit of a mare and seemed to miss some late hits and a number of hands in the ruck, very inconsistent.

Bateman, couldn't agree more simply not a second rower.  Hodgson not so sure it was him, I was thinking generally they could with more depth starting with the halves taking 2 steps back however I am far from the expert.  I would like to see more off-loads from the pack.

[/quote]
 Maybe your right about Hodgson and the halves.  Just  feel we look a different better side when Roby is on the pitch (and certainly don't agree with putting Hodgson at LF when Roby on). 
I certainly think you're right with more offloads  by the pack. It would help Gale as that is when he thrives with a broken defence, also makes attacking easier as defences are slightly more confused. think you're right about Gale having to organise, it's not his game. 

Duty, agree Tonga were very good. The Kiwis look very good considering what happened before the world cup (had some high profile players go to other pacific nations). It almost like that has galvanised them more, and created a good team spirit. 
Still think England would have to much for PNG, especially as the game would be in Australia.  If it was in Port Moseby then I think you could be right.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 05 Nov 2017, 10:26

Good win for the US over Italy.

Ireland push PNG close but lose out to a late score.

Wales are annihilated by Fiji.

Danny Brough, Sam Brooks & Johnny Walker add to Scotland's woes and are sent home for misconduct, two hidings and then this, disaster. A lot of good work particularly last year thrown out of the window.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 05 Nov 2017, 11:03

The Beast wrote:Good win for the US over Italy.

Ireland push PNG close but lose out to a late score.

Wales are annihilated by Fiji.

Danny Brough, Sam Brooks & Johnny Walker add to Scotland's woes and are sent home for misconduct, two hidings and then this, disaster.  A lot of good work particularly last year thrown out of the window.

Wasn't  it Italy who won 46 -0? 

Thought Ireland/Papua game was just full of mistakes which was a shame as thought this could have been game of the qualifying group.

Both Wales & Scotland & you could include France just seem to be going backwards.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 05 Nov 2017, 12:06

Sorry yes, apologies to Italy, a senor moment on my part.

Agree with you regarding Wales, Scotland and France. OK Wales were facing a side better than themselves but some of that defence was embarrassing. Look at Lebanon v England yesterday, yes England were average particularly the last 20 but credit to Lebanon they never threw in the towel, might be harsh but I am not sure you can say the same for Wales.

Brough, Brooks & Walker, reported to be too drunk to board the flight.........lost for words.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 05 Nov 2017, 15:03

Luke wrote:Still think England would have to much for PNG, especially as the game would be in Australia.  If it was in Port Moseby then I think you could be right.

Yes, a major shame that PNG won't have a home quarter-final.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 05 Nov 2017, 16:49

Duty281 wrote:
Luke wrote:Still think England would have to much for PNG, especially as the game would be in Australia.  If it was in Port Moseby then I think you could be right.

It is when you see the colour and enthusiasm of there fans. And would almost certainly be a full house, which is something that has been sadly lacking. With the Australians showing there apathay for international RL. They will always view it as 3rd behind the state of origin and NRL. Hardly helped by the fact that they are so far ahead of everybody else.

BEAST, meant to ask. Did the carpet survive it's emergency operation?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 05 Nov 2017, 17:07

Luke wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

It is when you see the colour and enthusiasm of there fans. And would almost certainly be a full house, which is something that has been sadly lacking. With the Australians showing there apathay for international RL. They will always view it as 3rd behind the state of origin and NRL. Hardly helped by the fact that they are so far ahead of everybody else.

Thanks Luke, it was nip and tuck there for a while but carpet and sofa have survived their ordeal.

I do agree with attendances 22k to see the England v Australia game set the tone, strange really this and other tournaments are for them to lose.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 05 Nov 2017, 18:50

The Beast wrote:
Luke wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Thanks Luke, it was nip and tuck there for a while but carpet and sofa have survived their ordeal.

I do agree with attendances 22k to see the England v Australia game set the tone, strange really this and other tournaments are for them to lose.

Thank god, was getting the suit ready, and looking online were to get wreaths. Hopefully it will thrive after its ordeal, and go on to have a long successful survival.

Maybe the crowds will pick up in the knock out stage, but like I said most Australians are apathetic attitude to international RL.  Plus other than Lebanon & Australia v England, and Papua/Ireland. The games haven't been close or intresting generally.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 10 Nov 2017, 12:21

Pretty ugly game between Fiji and Italy.

Very poor of Premier Sports to not be showing New Zealand-Tonga live tomorrow. BET365 will have to suffice.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 10 Nov 2017, 15:20

Fiji win 38-10 against Italy to qualify for the quarter finals, and a game against either New Zealand or Tonga. Which should be a cracker.

Agree with your point about premier sports.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 03:17

Still disappointed with the crowds if I'm honest. I did expect more.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 05:56

Sensational from Tonga. Truly inspirational.

World Cup blown wide open.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 11 Nov 2017, 07:20

This is great for Rugby League, New Zealand just didnt deserve to win, 14 - 6 to Scotland at half time over Samoa.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 12:56

Tremendous result for Scotland as well, though it’s not enough.

33/1 outsiders before the game began, but they managed a 14-14 draw.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 12 Nov 2017, 07:36

Duty281 wrote:Tremendous result for Scotland as well, though it’s not enough.

33/1 outsiders before the game began, but they managed a 14-14 draw.
Despite all his talent you have to wonder at times if Danny Brough is the fly in the ointment with this much improved display and result.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 12 Nov 2017, 15:19

So Tonga gain a magnificent result in beating New Zealand 28-22. Scotland salvage some pride in drawing with Samoa 14 all (they seemed more of a team in this game). And Australia get there expected victory against Lebanon 34-0.

Today PNG hammer USA 64-0, USA have really gone backwards since the last world cup were they were very impressive. 
Ireland beat Wales 34-6 to conclude what has been a very impressive tournament for theme  (they were unlucky with the draw more than anything).
And England give there best display so far in beating the French 36-6. Better cohesion,  more threading on attack, and just a better all round team performance. Which Wayne will change by going back to the side from the first 2 games.

The full QF draw is.

Fri - Australia v Samoa. 
Samoa have been poor and it' hard to see past an Australian win.

Sat 1st - Tonga v Lebanon.
 Hard to see any other than a Tonga win. They been excellent this tournament. 

Sat 2nd - New Zealand v Fiji.
Could be the game of the rd. I think this is a real 50/50 call.

Sun - England v Papua new Guinea.
Think England will have enough. If this game was in Port Moseby it could have been a different Story. 

George,
Whilst I agree the crowds have been poor. Australians don' care about international rugby. It' SOO, then NRL. And lagging somewhere in the distance internationals.
It' not helped by the lack of a series calender, or challenge for them apart from the odd game.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 12 Nov 2017, 16:28

Should clarify my comments about England.  The first half was what I meant,  2nd half they were just poor. Not helped by the substitutionsame.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 13 Nov 2017, 06:54

Luke wrote:So Tonga gain a magnificent result in beating New Zealand 28-22. Scotland salvage some pride in drawing with Samoa 14 all (they seemed more of a team in this game). And Australia get there expected victory against Lebanon 34-0.

Today PNG hammer USA 64-0, USA have really gone backwards since the last world cup were they were very impressive. 
Ireland beat Wales 34-6 to conclude what has been a very impressive tournament for theme  (they were unlucky with the draw more than anything).
And England give there best display so far in beating the French 36-6. Better cohesion,  more threading on attack, and just a better all round team performance. Which Wayne will change by going back to the side from the first 2 games.

The full QF draw is.

Fri - Australia v Samoa. 

Think England will have enough. If this game was in Port Moseby it could have been a different Story. 

George,
Whilst I agree the crowds have been poor. Australians don' care about international rugby. It' SOO, then NRL. And lagging somewhere in the distance internationals.
It' not helped by the lack of a series calender, or challenge for them apart from the odd game.
I have to agree with your comments about Aussies not being interested in International Rugby League and that's why we hope that at some stage in this world they can beat for the good of the International game.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 14 Nov 2017, 01:28

George Hotel1895 wrote:
Luke wrote:So Tonga gain a magnificent result in beating New Zealand 28-22. Scotland salvage some pride in drawing with Samoa 14 all (they seemed more of a team in this game). And Australia get there expected victory against Lebanon 34-0.

The full QF draw is.

Fri - Australia v Samoa. 

George,
I have to agree with your comments about Aussies not being interested in International Rugby League and that's why we hope that at some stage in this world they can beat for the good of the International game.

Agree. 
Tend to think that until Australia lose a couple of times there fans will continue to be apathetic.
But everything about the Australians (nrl board,clubs,fans etc), is all about an internal view, and until it changes the fans will continue with there apathetic view of international RL.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 14 Nov 2017, 02:15

Luke wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

The full QF draw is.

Fri - Australia v Samoa. 

George,

Agree. 
Tend to think that until Australia lose a couple of times there fans will continue to be apathetic.
But everything about the Australians (nrl board,clubs,fans etc), is all about an internal view, and until it changes the fans will continue with there apathetic view of international RL.
Insular is the one word to describe Aussies.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 15 Nov 2017, 09:31

Small improvement from England, unless I imagined it there was a moment when Bateman passed to his winger (Ratchford), not sure who was more surprised!

They really should beat PNG on Sunday IMO.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 15 Nov 2017, 09:46

The Beast wrote:Small improvement from England, unless I imagined it there was a moment when Bateman passed to his winger (Ratchford), not sure who was more surprised!

I know its all about opinions, but i would have John Bateman and Ben Currie as my centres.
OK i will get my coat and leave Smile

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 15 Nov 2017, 09:56

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:Small improvement from England, unless I imagined it there was a moment when Bateman passed to his winger (Ratchford), not sure who was more surprised!

I know its all about opinions, but i would have John Bateman and Ben Currie as my centres.
OK i will get my coat and leave Smile

Nothing wrong with an opinion that's what the forum is about. Currie..........maybe, Bateman for me a top class SR but IMO lacks the pace, side-step or ball handling to be a threat against top class centres/defences.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next