WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:40 am

First topic message reminder :

I was reading this story in the Mail on Sunday yesterday, and I thought it would cause a good debate on here, it seems that the WRU want to bring Welsh players back to Wales, and they want to start by bankrolling a deal to bring George North back at the end of the season.

Is this a start where we see more and more players being put into Dragons ?

It was also said that the WRU want to bankroll keeping the more experienced players in Wales as well, with AWJ being mentioned as a lynch pin and an ideal example of how this is done going forward. I for one hope that none of this is pie in the sky, I hope they really do target Welsh players playing abroad and get them back at the regions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-5027991/WRU-chiefs-set-bankroll-George-North-s-return-Wales.html

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wru-ready-bankroll-bid-bring-13826967

Also, for those of you who do not like going onto sites:-


  • WRU chiefs are ready to bankroll deal to bring George North back to Wales at the end of the season


  • George North is out of contract with Northampton and is yet to sign a new deal


  • North one of top earners at top level but top brass say they can now afford him


  • Chairman Gareth Davies believes the regions can now bankroll North's services


  • Davies also pushing proposals to reduce the size of the WRU board from 20 to 10


The Lions winger is out of contract with Northampton, who he joined from the Scarlets in 2013, and is yet to sign a new deal.
North is one of the top earners in the Premiership but chairman Gareth Davies believes the regions can now afford his services.
The new 60-cap selection policy makes it easier for the WRU to retain young players – leaving more National Dual Contract funds for Test stars.


‘George North will always be a target,’ Davies told the Mail on Sunday. ‘Now we’re in a better position to get him back. We want little Jonny to be able to go and see his favourite player in Wales.
‘We’ve succeeded in bringing Jonathan Davies and Leigh Halfpenny back. Is it good for the wider game if all the best players are playing in England? I don’t think so but it’s their right to do so.
‘In the past, we’ve used NDC money to keep youngsters who were tempted to move abroad and try to play for Wales. Now we can use it to bring them back or retain more experienced guys.

‘Someone like Alun-Wyn Jones has got to be a prime target to keep in Wales. He is important for the game, his region and the national team. He’ll be a lynchpin in getting the Ospreys back on track.’
Davies is currently pushing proposals to reduce the size of the WRU board from 20 to 10 – with a separate council for the community game – to replace a system which is ‘140 years old’.
‘Look at what’s happening with the FA; Sports bodies are expected to behave in a certain way,’ he said. ‘We’re a £75million business and we should have a modern-day, streamlined structure.
‘You go to district meetings and they’ve been talking about the same things for 20 years. At some meetings now the community game is hardly discussed. It’s like we’ve got 14 forwards and one back.’


Last edited by LordDowlais on Mon 08 Oct 2018, 4:31 pm; edited 19 times in total

LordDowlais

Posts : 12419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down


Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 5:27 pm

Not wanting to look like I’m stirring, as I’m not. But I’d it the Cardiff fans causing the poop as opposed to blues fans? And if so is it not down to where the money is coming from or who is signing or how things are done, and more to do with the fact the other three are all really doing the regional thing properly, and they now feel isolated and fear they may need to share their team with others?
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9907
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 34
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 5:33 pm

LordDowlais wrote:George North: Dragons to hold transfer talks with Wales and Lions wing.

Wales wing George North will hold transfer talks with the Dragons during the next month.

The British and Irish Lions player will leave English side Northampton Saints and return to Wales on a national dual contract at the end of the season.

The Dragons are the first of the four Welsh regions to confirm negotiations have begun with the 25-year-old.

"I think the plan is to meet him over Christmas or in the early New Year," said Dragons coach Bernard Jackman.

"He's in no rush. He's coming back to Wales, which is an amazing coup for the WRU [Welsh Rugby Union]. He's in no rush to meet any of us - he can take his time.

"When the opportunity arises, we'll meet him, which I'm sure most if not all of the regions will and have a chat with him and see if our project is of interest to him.

"We would love to have him. He's a world-class player and a world-class bloke."

North broke through into the senior Scarlets side in 2010, before he departed to join Northampton in 2013, while Ospreys and Cardiff Blues would also be interested in signing him.

Dragons have already announced that fellow Lion Ross Moriarty will join next season from Gloucester.

The Gwent region have also recruited Wales internationals Rhodri Williams and Ryan Bevington, plus Jordan Williams from Bristol for next season.

Having made those additions and with plans to make further signings, Jackman believes the Dragons are creating a domino effect whereby the arrival of one high-profile player convinces another to sign.

"It does. We announced Rhodri Williams from Bristol a month ago and I think he's going to be a cracking signing," the former Ireland hooker added.

"Maybe because he's been playing in England people have lost touch with his form but he's coming back to Wales a far better player than he was when he left and he was a very good player leaving.

"Ross is a great signing and Rhodri is a really good coup for us to get and, if he can be first choice for the Dragons, I think he could force his way into Welsh reckoning for the World Cup."

We haven't signed Bevington and Williams yet.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22777
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 5:35 pm

gcBlues wrote:I'm not really 'in' on all the chat that goes on Twitter so I couldn't possibly say!

Really, though, I have no problem with Moriarty, North or anyone else going to the Dragons.  If it's Dragons cash or WRU cash, I don't really care.

I think some people need to calm down a bit on twitter, get a sense of perspective that to spend your days arguing about this stuff.  On the one hand there's a message that ponty fans feel entitled etc and yet some act in a way which paints them as feeling as if Cardiff Blues fans are entitled too.

I see the term 'busys' thrown about too, I assume this is in relation to them?  Some of the stuff I see being said on twitter...you wonder how people get anything done during the day.

I can't think who you mean! Whistle

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22777
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Cardiff Dave on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 5:45 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not wanting to look like I’m stirring, as I’m not.  But I’d it the Cardiff fans causing the poop as opposed to blues fans?  And if so is it not down to where the money is coming from or who is signing or how things are done, and more to do with the fact the other three are all really doing the regional thing properly, and they now feel isolated and fear they may need to share their team with others?

Welsh rugby stirs itself mun.
Reckon we need a de-regionalised zone where people can go to turn off and drop out etc.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6514
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 7:50 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:George North: Dragons to hold transfer talks with Wales and Lions wing.

Wales wing George North will hold transfer talks with the Dragons during the next month.

The British and Irish Lions player will leave English side Northampton Saints and return to Wales on a national dual contract at the end of the season.

The Dragons are the first of the four Welsh regions to confirm negotiations have begun with the 25-year-old.

"I think the plan is to meet him over Christmas or in the early New Year," said Dragons coach Bernard Jackman.

"He's in no rush. He's coming back to Wales, which is an amazing coup for the WRU [Welsh Rugby Union]. He's in no rush to meet any of us - he can take his time.

"When the opportunity arises, we'll meet him, which I'm sure most if not all of the regions will and have a chat with him and see if our project is of interest to him.

"We would love to have him. He's a world-class player and a world-class bloke."

North broke through into the senior Scarlets side in 2010, before he departed to join Northampton in 2013, while Ospreys and Cardiff Blues would also be interested in signing him.

Dragons have already announced that fellow Lion Ross Moriarty will join next season from Gloucester.

The Gwent region have also recruited Wales internationals Rhodri Williams and Ryan Bevington, plus Jordan Williams from Bristol for next season.

Having made those additions and with plans to make further signings, Jackman believes the Dragons are creating a domino effect whereby the arrival of one high-profile player convinces another to sign.

"It does. We announced Rhodri Williams from Bristol a month ago and I think he's going to be a cracking signing," the former Ireland hooker added.

"Maybe because he's been playing in England people have lost touch with his form but he's coming back to Wales a far better player than he was when he left and he was a very good player leaving.

"Ross is a great signing and Rhodri is a really good coup for us to get and, if he can be first choice for the Dragons, I think he could force his way into Welsh reckoning for the World Cup."

We haven't signed Bevington and Williams yet.

Still time for sanity to prevail - but then we'd only waste the cash saved on a George North one head shot away from retirement
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2622
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Cardiff Dave on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 8:53 pm

gcBlues wrote:I'm not really 'in' on all the chat that goes on Twitter so I couldn't possibly say!

Really, though, I have no problem with Moriarty, North or anyone else going to the Dragons.  If it's Dragons cash or WRU cash, I don't really care.

I think some people need to calm down a bit on twitter, get a sense of perspective that to spend your days arguing about this stuff.  On the one hand there's a message that ponty fans feel entitled etc and yet some act in a way which paints them as feeling as if Cardiff Blues fans are entitled too.

I see the term 'busys' thrown about too, I assume this is in relation to them?  Some of the stuff I see being said on twitter...you wonder how people get anything done during the day.

Uncle Pete and the board might care though mun. Something to consider I spose.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6514
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 3:40 am

I would approve of a North signing, especially on a NDC. Hewitt and Amos can't play every game, Rosser seems just as injury prone, so some additional quality in the back 3 would be handy. Regarding NDC's however, I would have preferred if that money was used to help keep Webb and Biggar at home. Of the Bristol lot I would like us to sign Rhodri Williams the most, possibly Jordan Williams if he remains out of Wales contention, and definitely not Bevington.

Sherrat in for Rees, not sure about that one. Rees departing Ospreys is a good thing don't get me wrong, but the rest need to join him ASAP. More proof that I was right for the last couple years about Gibbes running the show. Ospreys played like a Super Rugby team when he was there.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:13 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not wanting to look like I’m stirring, as I’m not.  But I’d it the Cardiff fans causing the poop as opposed to blues fans?  And if so is it not down to where the money is coming from or who is signing or how things are done, and more to do with the fact the other three are all really doing the regional thing properly, and they now feel isolated and fear they may need to share their team with others?

Welsh rugby stirs itself mun.
Reckon we need a de-regionalised zone where people can go to turn off and drop out etc.

It does seem like we are constantly looking for the next enemy within to turn our ire upon.
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9907
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 34
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by munkian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:21 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not wanting to look like I’m stirring, as I’m not.  But I’d it the Cardiff fans causing the poop as opposed to blues fans?  And if so is it not down to where the money is coming from or who is signing or how things are done, and more to do with the fact the other three are all really doing the regional thing properly, and they now feel isolated and fear they may need to share their team with others?

Its the fans that see no difference between the Cardiff Blues and Cardiff RFC and a few hangers on from other regions. The Gwlad lot basically.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8089
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by munkian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:23 am

I'm much more interested in the forwards they are targeting than North to be honest.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8089
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by XR on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:48 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
gcBlues wrote:I'm not really 'in' on all the chat that goes on Twitter so I couldn't possibly say!

Really, though, I have no problem with Moriarty, North or anyone else going to the Dragons.  If it's Dragons cash or WRU cash, I don't really care.

I think some people need to calm down a bit on twitter, get a sense of perspective that to spend your days arguing about this stuff.  On the one hand there's a message that ponty fans feel entitled etc and yet some act in a way which paints them as feeling as if Cardiff Blues fans are entitled too.

I see the term 'busys' thrown about too, I assume this is in relation to them?  Some of the stuff I see being said on twitter...you wonder how people get anything done during the day.

Uncle Pete and the board might care though mun. Something to consider I spose.

And if they do, then it is up to themselves to challenge what they see as conflict of interest or whatever. Constantly tweeting the new guy at the Dragons isn't going to change anything as those who do have no influence.

XR

Posts : 1577
Join date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by munkian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:37 am

gcBlues wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
gcBlues wrote:I'm not really 'in' on all the chat that goes on Twitter so I couldn't possibly say!

Really, though, I have no problem with Moriarty, North or anyone else going to the Dragons.  If it's Dragons cash or WRU cash, I don't really care.

I think some people need to calm down a bit on twitter, get a sense of perspective that to spend your days arguing about this stuff.  On the one hand there's a message that ponty fans feel entitled etc and yet some act in a way which paints them as feeling as if Cardiff Blues fans are entitled too.

I see the term 'busys' thrown about too, I assume this is in relation to them?  Some of the stuff I see being said on twitter...you wonder how people get anything done during the day.

Uncle Pete and the board might care though mun. Something to consider I spose.

And if they do, then it is up to themselves to challenge what they see as conflict of interest or whatever.  Constantly tweeting the new guy at the Dragons isn't going to change anything as those who do have no influence.

Its funny how much clout they think they have - but then they took the credit for getting rid of Roger Lewis...
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8089
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:00 am

munkian wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not wanting to look like I’m stirring, as I’m not.  But I’d it the Cardiff fans causing the poop as opposed to blues fans?  And if so is it not down to where the money is coming from or who is signing or how things are done, and more to do with the fact the other three are all really doing the regional thing properly, and they now feel isolated and fear they may need to share their team with others?

Its the fans that see no difference between the Cardiff Blues and Cardiff RFC and a few hangers on from other regions. The Gwlad lot basically.

So it is a case of them hitting out at the Dragons, as they used to view them as an ally 'standalone' side as opposed to a region (much like the same lot used to go in on any Scarlets fans claiming we were only 'llanelli fans'). Bit of a shame to see/hear really, but hopefully it is a sign that the pre-regional generation are starting to die out
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9907
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 34
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:03 am

munkian wrote:I'm much more interested in the forwards they are targeting than North to be honest.

When the new look Dragons were launched, wasn't the mission statement years 1-2 bring back welsh players? Guess they can only really bring players back who have their contracts up, so maybe the forwards will be next few seasons (but only really Francis and Faletau is left out of players who realistic options for wanting to return for international reasons).
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9907
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 34
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by munkian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:15 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
munkian wrote:I'm much more interested in the forwards they are targeting than North to be honest.

When the new look Dragons were launched, wasn't the mission statement years 1-2 bring back welsh players?  Guess they can only really bring players back who have their contracts up, so maybe the forwards will be next few seasons (but only really Francis and Faletau is left out of players who realistic options for wanting to return for international reasons).

Front 3 is my concern really - and maybe a tidy lock but obviously I would love Faletau back.

I'm not that fussed on Francis.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8089
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by munkian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:19 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
munkian wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not wanting to look like I’m stirring, as I’m not.  But I’d it the Cardiff fans causing the poop as opposed to blues fans?  And if so is it not down to where the money is coming from or who is signing or how things are done, and more to do with the fact the other three are all really doing the regional thing properly, and they now feel isolated and fear they may need to share their team with others?

Its the fans that see no difference between the Cardiff Blues and Cardiff RFC and a few hangers on from other regions. The Gwlad lot basically.

So it is a case of them hitting out at the Dragons, as they used to view them as an ally 'standalone' side as opposed to a region (much like the same lot used to go in on any Scarlets fans claiming we were only 'llanelli fans').  Bit of a shame to see/hear really, but hopefully it is a sign that the pre-regional generation are starting to die out

Thats about right, yup !
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8089
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:23 am

gcBlues wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
gcBlues wrote:I'm not really 'in' on all the chat that goes on Twitter so I couldn't possibly say!

Really, though, I have no problem with Moriarty, North or anyone else going to the Dragons.  If it's Dragons cash or WRU cash, I don't really care.

I think some people need to calm down a bit on twitter, get a sense of perspective that to spend your days arguing about this stuff.  On the one hand there's a message that ponty fans feel entitled etc and yet some act in a way which paints them as feeling as if Cardiff Blues fans are entitled too.

I see the term 'busys' thrown about too, I assume this is in relation to them?  Some of the stuff I see being said on twitter...you wonder how people get anything done during the day.

Uncle Pete and the board might care though mun. Something to consider I spose.

And if they do, then it is up to themselves to challenge what they see as conflict of interest or whatever.  Constantly tweeting the new guy at the Dragons isn't going to change anything as those who do have no influence.

There was one priceless tweet where someone (called Phil) had seized on Buttress saying in an interview that the Dragons don't pay rent at Rodney Parade, and actually tagged in the other three regions. The idea that the other regions wouldn't already know this, that they wouldn't already have their lawyers making sure that everything between the union and the Dragons is legal and fair, and that he was giving them a scoop, is hilarious. As if they wouldn't have read the same interview FFS.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22777
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by munkian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:31 am

Yupp. It does make I laugh.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8089
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:41 am

That's the one thing that I don't get really: I can understand people feeling put out that the Dragons are signing decent players (well, two at least), but do they really think their own regions are going to be sitting around scratching their @rses and not making damn sure that everything's above board?

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22777
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by munkian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:50 am

Having X amount of followers/retweets/likes really does give a false sense of grandeur to some people doesn't it ?

avatar
munkian

Posts : 8089
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by XR on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 12:05 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:That's the one thing that I don't get really: I can understand people feeling put out that the Dragons are signing decent players (well, two at least), but do they really think their own regions are going to be sitting around scratching their @rses and not making damn sure that everything's above board?

That's how I see it. There's no point going on and on about it, im sure Richard Holland would say something should he feel there's causes for concern

XR

Posts : 1577
Join date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 12:09 pm

Exactly.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22777
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by XR on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 12:21 pm

Unless, of course, he's delegated authority to others.....

XR

Posts : 1577
Join date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 2:04 pm

munkian wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
munkian wrote:I'm much more interested in the forwards they are targeting than North to be honest.

When the new look Dragons were launched, wasn't the mission statement years 1-2 bring back welsh players?  Guess they can only really bring players back who have their contracts up, so maybe the forwards will be next few seasons (but only really Francis and Faletau is left out of players who realistic options for wanting to return for international reasons).

Front 3 is my concern really - and maybe a tidy lock but obviously I would love Faletau back.

I'm not that fussed on Francis.

If we don't bring in a carrying lock we've wasted this recruitment round
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2622
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by munkian on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 3:09 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
munkian wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
munkian wrote:I'm much more interested in the forwards they are targeting than North to be honest.

When the new look Dragons were launched, wasn't the mission statement years 1-2 bring back welsh players?  Guess they can only really bring players back who have their contracts up, so maybe the forwards will be next few seasons (but only really Francis and Faletau is left out of players who realistic options for wanting to return for international reasons).

Front 3 is my concern really - and maybe a tidy lock but obviously I would love Faletau back.

I'm not that fussed on Francis.

If we don't bring in a carrying lock we've wasted this recruitment round

Joe Davies may come good.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8089
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Cardiff Dave on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 5:35 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not wanting to look like I’m stirring, as I’m not.  But I’d it the Cardiff fans causing the poop as opposed to blues fans?  And if so is it not down to where the money is coming from or who is signing or how things are done, and more to do with the fact the other three are all really doing the regional thing properly, and they now feel isolated and fear they may need to share their team with others?

Welsh rugby stirs itself mun.
Reckon we need a de-regionalised zone where people can go to turn off and drop out etc.

It does seem like we are constantly looking for the next enemy within to turn our ire upon.

and call it "Cardiff". Sorted.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6514
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Cardiff Dave on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 5:37 pm

munkian wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not wanting to look like I’m stirring, as I’m not.  But I’d it the Cardiff fans causing the poop as opposed to blues fans?  And if so is it not down to where the money is coming from or who is signing or how things are done, and more to do with the fact the other three are all really doing the regional thing properly, and they now feel isolated and fear they may need to share their team with others?

Its the fans that see no difference between the Cardiff Blues and Cardiff RFC and a few hangers on from other regions. The Gwlad lot basically.

Fecking mischief-makers.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6514
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 6:08 pm

munkian wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
munkian wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
munkian wrote:I'm much more interested in the forwards they are targeting than North to be honest.

When the new look Dragons were launched, wasn't the mission statement years 1-2 bring back welsh players?  Guess they can only really bring players back who have their contracts up, so maybe the forwards will be next few seasons (but only really Francis and Faletau is left out of players who realistic options for wanting to return for international reasons).

Front 3 is my concern really - and maybe a tidy lock but obviously I would love Faletau back.

I'm not that fussed on Francis.

If we don't bring in a carrying lock we've wasted this recruitment round

Joe Davies may come good.

We will never implement our attack without a carrying second row, if Jackman is happy to wait and see if JD comes good so be it, but he's wasting his time.loading up on back three and back row players until we find out
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2622
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 5:07 am

Blues re-signing their average players (Brynmor’s son and Cooke) and their fans jumping for joy over it. It makes you wonder if the people of Cardiff are ever going to wake up and realise that Cardiff is not the centre of the universe...

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by XR on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 10:07 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Blues re-signing their average players (Brynmor’s son and Cooke) and their fans jumping for joy over it. It makes you wonder if the people of Cardiff are ever going to wake up and realise that Cardiff is not the centre of the universe...

What an odd statement. Lloyd and Macauley are good pro 12 players, but more importantly they're transitioning in to senior players and considering the amount of youth we are going to have next season (Assiratti, Dillon Lewis, Ethan Lewis, Domachowski, Thyer, Seb Davies, Rhun Williams, Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams, Jim Botham, Owen Lane, Garyn Smith) it's important that we retain players like them. They may not be world beaters but they've come through the system, are established players and like I said - transitioning in to senior players.

If Lloyd went our 9's for next season would have been both under the age of 23.

XR

Posts : 1577
Join date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Stone Motif on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 1:39 pm

gcBlues wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Blues re-signing their average players (Brynmor’s son and Cooke) and their fans jumping for joy over it. It makes you wonder if the people of Cardiff are ever going to wake up and realise that Cardiff is not the centre of the universe...

What an odd statement.  Lloyd and Macauley are good pro 12 players, but more importantly they're transitioning in to senior players and considering the amount of youth we are going to have next season (Assiratti, Dillon Lewis, Ethan Lewis, Domachowski, Thyer, Seb Davies, Rhun Williams, Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams, Jim Botham, Owen Lane, Garyn Smith) it's important that we retain players like them.  They may not be world beaters but they've come through the system, are established players and like I said - transitioning in to senior players.

If Lloyd went our 9's for next season would have been both under the age of 23.

This. You're wasting your time though, this mush doesn't understand that you need players all season
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2622
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by munkian on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 1:51 pm

I'd prefer some tidy ball carriers but signing Cooper would be worth it just for the meltdown on Twitter
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8089
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Cardiff Dave on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 3:20 pm

gcBlues wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Blues re-signing their average players (Brynmor’s son and Cooke) and their fans jumping for joy over it. It makes you wonder if the people of Cardiff are ever going to wake up and realise that Cardiff is not the centre of the universe...

What an odd statement.  Lloyd and Macauley are good pro 12 players, but more importantly they're transitioning in to senior players and considering the amount of youth we are going to have next season (Assiratti, Dillon Lewis, Ethan Lewis, Domachowski, Thyer, Seb Davies, Rhun Williams, Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams, Jim Botham, Owen Lane, Garyn Smith) it's important that we retain players like them.  They may not be world beaters but they've come through the system, are established players and like I said - transitioning in to senior players.

If Lloyd went our 9's for next season would have been both under the age of 23.

Aye and both tick all the boxes.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6514
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by LordDowlais on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 8:10 pm

Dragons poised to launch stunning attempt to lure Taulupe Faletau back to Wales next season

The Wales and Lions star retains strong links with his former club and was at Rodney Parade last Friday night to watch the thrilling draw with star-studded Ulster

The Dragons are set to mount an audacious bid to bring Wales superstar Taulupe Faletau home to Gwent next season.

Wales and Lions star Faletau retains strong links with his former club and was at Rodney Parade last Friday night to watch the thrilling 32-32 draw with star-studded Ulster in the Guinness PRO14.


The No.8’s contract with Bath is up at the end of next season and the Aviva Premiership outfit are at the centre of a storm after they released him to star for Wales in the win over South Africa last weekend.

Wales coach Warren Gatland wants as many of his top players as possible to be on the books of Welsh regions next season with the World Cup coming on the back of it.

He wants to ensure they aren’t overplayed and are in the best physical and mental shape to make a bid for glory at the tournament in Japan.

Sources maintain Faletau is interested in rejoining the Dragons, who he left last year to link up with Bath.

But they would have to pay a transfer fee if they are to get him this summer unless the west country club were willing to part with him, which is an obvious stumbling block.

“Taulupe didn’t really want to leave the Dragons. If the then regime had offered him £20,000 more a year he would have stayed,” claimed an insider.

“His situation is akin to when Johnny Sexton left Leinster for France. Johnny didn’t really want to join Racing Metro and couldn’t get back quick enough to Leinster when the opportunity arose.

“As a number of leading Welsh players have also found in the past, the grass isn’t always greener outside Wales.”


Dragons’ coach Bernard Jackman exchanged pleasantries with Faletau before the men of Gwent’s clash with Ulster, joking: “I did give him a piece of paper to sign!”

If they could get the 27-year-old back to their Newport lair it would be a second massive coup after already prising Faletau’s Wales’ side-kick Ross Moriarty from Gloucester.

Faletau, twice a Six Nations title winner and Lions starting No.8 in all three Tests during this year’s drawn series with world champions New Zealand, Moriarty and top openside flanker prospect Ollie Griffiths, would form a crack back-row.

Bath are in the dock over the 70-times capped Faletau, having been charged with allegedly breaching Premiership Rugby-approved policies following his appearance for Wales against the Springboks.

They lost at Premiership leaders Exeter Chiefs the same afternoon and could be copped with a heavy fine and possible points deduction if found guilty.

It’s understood Lions ace Faletau has a clause in his contract with Bath allowing him to play in all of Wales’ Tests, even those like last Saturday’s that fall outside World Rugby’s official international windows.

Premiership Rugby, the umbrella organisation which represents England’s top 12 clubs, wants to know why the No.8 star was released for Test duty outside the periods specified in World Rugby’s regulation nine. Bath have been given until next Tuesday to respond to the allegation.

Premiership Rugby’s agreed policy is to not allow release of non-English players for Tests outside the window.

Northampton Saints were hit with a hefty £60,000 fine from Premiership Rugby after allowing Wales wing George North, who is another Dragons target, to face Australia in a 2013 Test staged outside the international window.

North had insisted on having release for all of Wales’ fixtures in his contract with Saints. He has signed a National Dual Contract with the Welsh Rugby Union for next season and will decide which region to join after weighing up interested parties plans for the future.

Griffiths and new Wales caps, hooker Elliot Dee and prop Leon Brown, plus centre strongman Jack Dixon and lock Joe Davies have all signed new deals with their home region.

Wales scrum-half cap Rhodri Williams, who Jackman believes has the ability to be Gatland’s No.9 at the World Cup, and the exciting Jordan Williams are also joining from Bristol.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/dragons-poised-launch-stunning-attempt-14011204

LordDowlais

Posts : 12419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 8:55 am

gcBlues wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
gcBlues wrote:I'm not really 'in' on all the chat that goes on Twitter so I couldn't possibly say!

Really, though, I have no problem with Moriarty, North or anyone else going to the Dragons.  If it's Dragons cash or WRU cash, I don't really care.

I think some people need to calm down a bit on twitter, get a sense of perspective that to spend your days arguing about this stuff.  On the one hand there's a message that ponty fans feel entitled etc and yet some act in a way which paints them as feeling as if Cardiff Blues fans are entitled too.

I see the term 'busys' thrown about too, I assume this is in relation to them?  Some of the stuff I see being said on twitter...you wonder how people get anything done during the day.

Uncle Pete and the board might care though mun. Something to consider I spose.

And if they do, then it is up to themselves to challenge what they see as conflict of interest or whatever.  Constantly tweeting the new guy at the Dragons isn't going to change anything as those who do have no influence.

Anybody who tweets is fair game though, shewerly and I bet Uncle Pete etc plus the others, are already looking into what's going on. All seems very Leckwith to me anyway. Saying that, any news on CAP? Are CAC and da bloos getting it together finally?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6514
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 10:49 am

LordDowlais wrote:Dragons poised to launch stunning attempt to lure Taulupe Faletau back to Wales next season

The Wales and Lions star retains strong links with his former club and was at Rodney Parade last Friday night to watch the thrilling draw with star-studded Ulster

The Dragons are set to mount an audacious bid to bring Wales superstar Taulupe Faletau home to Gwent next season.

Wales and Lions star Faletau retains strong links with his former club and was at Rodney Parade last Friday night to watch the thrilling 32-32 draw with star-studded Ulster in the Guinness PRO14.


The No.8’s contract with Bath is up at the end of next season and the Aviva Premiership outfit are at the centre of a storm after they released him to star for Wales in the win over South Africa last weekend.

Wales coach Warren Gatland wants as many of his top players as possible to be on the books of Welsh regions next season with the World Cup coming on the back of it.

He wants to ensure they aren’t overplayed and are in the best physical and mental shape to make a bid for glory at the tournament in Japan.

Sources maintain Faletau is interested in rejoining the Dragons, who he left last year to link up with Bath.

But they would have to pay a transfer fee if they are to get him this summer unless the west country club were willing to part with him, which is an obvious stumbling block.

“Taulupe didn’t really want to leave the Dragons. If the then regime had offered him £20,000 more a year he would have stayed,” claimed an insider.

“His situation is akin to when Johnny Sexton left Leinster for France. Johnny didn’t really want to join Racing Metro and couldn’t get back quick enough to Leinster when the opportunity arose.

“As a number of leading Welsh players have also found in the past, the grass isn’t always greener outside Wales.”


Dragons’ coach Bernard Jackman exchanged pleasantries with Faletau before the men of Gwent’s clash with Ulster, joking: “I did give him a piece of paper to sign!”

If they could get the 27-year-old back to their Newport lair it would be a second massive coup after already prising Faletau’s Wales’ side-kick Ross Moriarty from Gloucester.

Faletau, twice a Six Nations title winner and Lions starting No.8 in all three Tests during this year’s drawn series with world champions New Zealand, Moriarty and top openside flanker prospect Ollie Griffiths, would form a crack back-row.

Bath are in the dock over the 70-times capped Faletau, having been charged with allegedly breaching Premiership Rugby-approved policies following his appearance for Wales against the Springboks.

They lost at Premiership leaders Exeter Chiefs the same afternoon and could be copped with a heavy fine and possible points deduction if found guilty.

It’s understood Lions ace Faletau has a clause in his contract with Bath allowing him to play in all of Wales’ Tests, even those like last Saturday’s that fall outside World Rugby’s official international windows.

Premiership Rugby, the umbrella organisation which represents England’s top 12 clubs, wants to know why the No.8 star was released for Test duty outside the periods specified in World Rugby’s regulation nine. Bath have been given until next Tuesday to respond to the allegation.

Premiership Rugby’s agreed policy is to not allow release of non-English players for Tests outside the window.

Northampton Saints were hit with a hefty £60,000 fine from Premiership Rugby after allowing Wales wing George North, who is another Dragons target, to face Australia in a 2013 Test staged outside the international window.

North had insisted on having release for all of Wales’ fixtures in his contract with Saints. He has signed a National Dual Contract with the Welsh Rugby Union for next season and will decide which region to join after weighing up interested parties plans for the future.

Griffiths and new Wales caps, hooker Elliot Dee and prop Leon Brown, plus centre strongman Jack Dixon and lock Joe Davies have all signed new deals with their home region.

Wales scrum-half cap Rhodri Williams, who Jackman believes has the ability to be Gatland’s No.9 at the World Cup, and the exciting Jordan Williams are also joining from Bristol.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/dragons-poised-launch-stunning-attempt-14011204

Davey says no though.
Confusing.
And who's the insider?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6514
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:23 am

Stone Motif wrote:
gcBlues wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Blues re-signing their average players (Brynmor’s son and Cooke) and their fans jumping for joy over it. It makes you wonder if the people of Cardiff are ever going to wake up and realise that Cardiff is not the centre of the universe...

What an odd statement.  Lloyd and Macauley are good pro 12 players, but more importantly they're transitioning in to senior players and considering the amount of youth we are going to have next season (Assiratti, Dillon Lewis, Ethan Lewis, Domachowski, Thyer, Seb Davies, Rhun Williams, Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams, Jim Botham, Owen Lane, Garyn Smith) it's important that we retain players like them.  They may not be world beaters but they've come through the system, are established players and like I said - transitioning in to senior players.

If Lloyd went our 9's for next season would have been both under the age of 23.

This. You're wasting your time though, this mush doesn't understand that you need players all season

They're very average players and I don't see what the young stars can get from playing alongside them. A good coach however, along with some experienced SH imports would do a lot. Not sure why nobody is signing up new players at the capital region, they're needed quite badly.

Stone, didn't anyone ever tell you hitting your head often will cause you to have brain damage? Don't resort to being a liar either, or we'll have to start calling you Miaow.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Stone Motif on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 10:59 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
gcBlues wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Blues re-signing their average players (Brynmor’s son and Cooke) and their fans jumping for joy over it. It makes you wonder if the people of Cardiff are ever going to wake up and realise that Cardiff is not the centre of the universe...

What an odd statement.  Lloyd and Macauley are good pro 12 players, but more importantly they're transitioning in to senior players and considering the amount of youth we are going to have next season (Assiratti, Dillon Lewis, Ethan Lewis, Domachowski, Thyer, Seb Davies, Rhun Williams, Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams, Jim Botham, Owen Lane, Garyn Smith) it's important that we retain players like them.  They may not be world beaters but they've come through the system, are established players and like I said - transitioning in to senior players.

If Lloyd went our 9's for next season would have been both under the age of 23.

This. You're wasting your time though, this mush doesn't understand that you need players all season

They're very average players and I don't see what the young stars can get from playing alongside them. A good coach however, along with some experienced SH imports would do a lot. Not sure why nobody is signing up new players at the capital region, they're needed quite badly.

Stone, didn't anyone ever tell you hitting your head often will cause you to have brain damage? Don't resort to being a liar either, or we'll have to start calling you Miaow.

I don't need to say anything to that, the contradictory horse sh1te you've put into writing on this thread fed by your worse than rudimentary knowledge of rugby, coupled with an embarrassing attempt at a wind up just about sums you up nicely.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2622
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:38 pm

So you can't admit you're lying scum, because I never said anything about Dragons not requiring good players all season? I would probably feel sorry for you if I cared, this guy has never step foot out of Cross Keys, bless.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:41 pm

Dragons in the market for the Fijian phenomenon Sir Clive Woodward insists is "off the Richter Scale"
World Cup winning coach Woodward described Fiji and Racing 92 lock star Leone Nakarawa as the best player in the world in 2017

The 29-year-old is understood to be keen on a move to the Dragons and is exactly the type of high-quality import they are bidding to recruit to work with their home-grown Gwent talent.

However, with the likes of England’s 2003 World Cup winning coach Woodward, Ronan O'Gara and Ireland’s astute boss Joe Schmidt among his admirers, Nakarawa won’t be short of suitors if he becomes officially available.

And money could be a sticking point for the Dragons with the 6ft 7in and 19st 3lb Nakarawa said to be earning £380,000 at year at Dan Carter’s Racing.

But Woodward believes he’s worth every penny, last month writing in his Daily Mail column: “This guy (Nakarawa) is off the Richter Scale as a talent and there is a good case for World Rugby voting him their player of the year.”

“He is redefining the role of lock and the concept of off-loading and passing. Despite his busy club commitments in France, he has put in the hard yards for Fiji, ensuring their qualification and helping them up the world rankings.”

Brilliant ball-player Nakarawa was man of the match as he fired Glasgow to the Guinness PRO12 title in 2015 with a 31-13 beating of Munster in the final and has been Racing’s top forward since been bought by them, being named in the French Top 14 dream team last season.

“From an attacking point of view, without a shadow of a doubt, he is one of the best in the world,” said Ireland outside-half great and Racing coach Ronan O’Gara.

Schmidt said: “With Nakarawa you need three defenders because the ball is still available for the other guys to play with and that makes him a real handful – he’s so hard to contain.

“For a big man playing in the second-row, he’s fast, has a big engine and a real skill-factor.”

Dragons have also shown an interest in mercurial Australian outside-half Quade Cooper but he’s likely to see out the remaining two years of his £450,000 a year contract with Super Rugby outfit Queensland Reds if he can’t find a club willing to match it.

Cooper was sensationally axed from the Reds squad by new coach Brad Thorn, who told the 29-year-old he no longer needs to turn up to training.

But Australian sources suggest the 70-times Wallaby cap will turn out for club side Souths in Queensland’s Premier Rugby competition and continue to collect his bumper pay cheque.

Cooper remains under contract to the Reds and Australian Rugby Union, who are understood to be each paying him £225,000 a year. He will pocket £900,000 if they can’t off-load him.

Those figures could frighten off the Dragons, who have already signed Lions and Wales back-rower Ross Moriarty for next season.

hey are intensifying their efforts to lure Taulupe Faletau back from Bath and persuade powerhouse wing George North to join them as his region of choice after he signed a contract with the Welsh Rugby Union for next season to return to Wales from England’s crisis club Northampton Saints.

Faletau is contracted for another season in the west country but is also reportedly being chased by Toulon, who are allegedly prepared to stump up a massive transfer fee for his services.

The Wales and Lions No.8 faced the French club at the weekend but suffered a worrying knee injury early in the second-half and was forced off with Bath coach Todd Blackadder saying it didn’t “look good”.

It’s uncertain how long Faletau will be out of action. His left knee was heavily strapped before the match. Faletau had two medial ligament injuries last season, missing the start of the Six Nations.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/dragons-market-fijian-phenomenon-sir-14022290

LordDowlais

Posts : 12419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:42 pm

He's signed a contract extension with Racing. OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22777
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by BamBam on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:45 pm

Looks like the Wail are just using Dragons like the tabloids use any football team who gets taken over

Write any old bollox for clicks - and if you're really lucky, some poor soul will take it as fact and regurgitate it all over the internet

BamBam

Posts : 13940
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:46 pm

Dowlais he's already re-signed with Racing. You really got to stop worshipping the WOL Rolling Eyes.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 5:01 pm

BamBam wrote:Looks like the Wail are just using Dragons like the tabloids use any football team who gets taken over

Write any old bollox for clicks - and if you're really lucky, some poor soul will take it as fact and regurgitate it all over the internet

It definitely looks like they are the region of choice for the Fail right now. This time last season the Fail we’re enjoying putting the boot in, now they seem to want to link them to every decent player out of contract, Quade Cooper a few days ago, now Leone, it’ll be interesting to see who is next.
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9907
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 34
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 5:03 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
BamBam wrote:Looks like the Wail are just using Dragons like the tabloids use any football team who gets taken over

Write any old bollox for clicks - and if you're really lucky, some poor soul will take it as fact and regurgitate it all over the internet

It definitely looks like they are the region of choice for the Fail right now.  This time last season the Fail we’re enjoying putting the boot in, now they seem to want to link them to every decent player out of contract, Quade Cooper a few days ago, now Leone, it’ll be interesting to see who is next.

Pieter-Steph Du Toit....

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by RiscaGame on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 5:58 pm

BamBam wrote:Looks like the Wail are just using Dragons like the tabloids use any football team who gets taken over

Write any old bollox for clicks - and if you're really lucky, some poor soul will take it as fact and regurgitate it all over the internet

You’re not wrong.

RiscaGame

Posts : 2042
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by BamBam on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 6:14 pm

I've just noticed that it's made the headline of this article Laugh

Dowlais, you're a hoot

How exactly does Leone Nakarawa fit in with the WRU wanting to bring players back to Wales Whistle

BamBam

Posts : 13940
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Cardiff Dave on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 7:05 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
BamBam wrote:Looks like the Wail are just using Dragons like the tabloids use any football team who gets taken over

Write any old bollox for clicks - and if you're really lucky, some poor soul will take it as fact and regurgitate it all over the internet

You’re not wrong.

You reckon?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6514
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 8:25 am

This place is a joke.

There are members on this forum who are just destroying it for everyone.

I have tried and tried to be patient on here, but the same old members are still stinking up the place.

Mikey
BamBam
Risca
stone motif

None of you lot will be happy until this place is finished, then you will all just move to other forums to spoil them as well.

I am still in contact with a few former members of this forum, and they all ask me why I still bother. Well they have a point.

Well done lads. Well done. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Posts : 12419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by XR on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 9:39 am

LordDowlais wrote:I am still in contact with a few former members of this forum, and they all ask me why I still bother.

why you still bother contacting them?

Calm down Andy, letting off too much steam may shrink you even further.

XR

Posts : 1577
Join date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: WRU want to bring players back to Wales - Cardiff Blues show interest in Josh Adams

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum