Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 2:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Guinness Series 2017 - Ireland v South Africa
Aviva Stadium, Dublin,  
Sat 11 Nov 2017, 17:30
Ref: Ben O’Keefe (NZ)
Touch: Wayne Barnes and Ian Davies

Irelands toughest November series test match. A win is critical as it is more than likely the last time Ireland will face SA prior to a potential 1/4 final show down in Japan.

Who will win and other chat?

15. Rob Kearney (fans choice)
14. Andrew Conway
13. Robbie Henshaw
12. Bundee Aki
11. Jacob Stockdale
10. Johnny Sexton
9. Conor Murray
1. Cian Healy
2. Rory Best (captain)
3. Tadhg Furlong
4.  Iain Henderson
5. Devin Toner
6. Peter O’Mahony
7. Sean O’Brien
8. CJ Stander

South Africa

15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Dillyn Leyds, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Ross Cronje, 8 Francois Louw, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6, Siya Kolisi, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth (captain), 3 Coenie Oosthuizen 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi , 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Wilco Louw, 19 Franco Mostert, 20 Uzair Cassiem, 21 Rudy Paige, 22 Handre Pollard, 23 Francois Venter


Last edited by Collapse2005 on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down


Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Taylorman on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 5:56 pm

Odd, ref calls a clear balls out so the Bok kicks it then gets penalised, saying you have to pick it up. Really? . Since when couldnt you kick a ball on the ground?

Taylorman

Posts : 9044
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by nathan on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 5:58 pm

He got confused about the laws. If it's in the ruck you can only huck it back.

Why is there so much kicking in this game

nathan

Posts : 10614
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Artful_Dodger on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:14 pm

Taylorman wrote:Odd, ref calls a clear balls out so the Bok kicks it then gets penalised, saying you have to pick it up. Really? . Since when couldnt you kick a ball on the ground?

New directives which haven't been used in the southern hemisphere yet.

Artful_Dodger

Posts : 3972
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by RDW_Scotland on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:36 pm

Who decided these strip choices were a good idea??

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 21897
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by nathan on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:47 pm

RDW, we were just having the same conversation

nathan

Posts : 10614
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by RDW_Scotland on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:49 pm

These kind of things shouldn't happen in the professional era!

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 21897
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by westisbest on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:27 pm

Great win.
Delighted for Stocdale. Good prospect.

Yeah the colour choice of shirt was a bit odd.


westisbest

Posts : 6754
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:28 pm

Well, that was a thoroughly enjoyable win! Love watching Hendy manhandling Etzebeth and the other much vaunted Springboks, thought it was one of his best games. And Stockdale is just the real deal. What a player, so happy that he got the try that he definitely deserved, defended brilliantly for the majority of the game.

More of that please from Ireland. We really are going to miss Sexton when he is gone, especially if we don't see Jackson again.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Artful_Dodger on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:28 pm

Demolition job. Conway and Stockdale were immense. Henderson was my man of the match, for all the talk of the South African fowards size, Henderson offered more physicality than anyone. Head to head with Etzbeth and Hendo was a clear winner.

The impact of the bench was incredible, every one of them.

Artful_Dodger

Posts : 3972
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by theslosty on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:32 pm

Credit where it's due. Had some doubts about Schmidt's team selection but he's been more than vindicated.

Wasn't the most exciting game though, mainly given how poor the Boks were.
avatar
theslosty

Posts : 795
Join date : 2012-05-01
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:42 pm

Great win thumbsup

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6525
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:44 pm

theslosty wrote:Credit where it's due. Had some doubts about Schmidt's team selection but he's been more than vindicated.

Wasn't the most exciting game though, mainly given how poor the Boks were.

Yeah, it was a good Schmidt win, not much invention but the set piece was good, our defence was good and some good individual performances. But it must be emphasised that South Africa are really poor.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Poorfour on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:53 pm

I didn't see the game but a great result for Ireland. Well done.

Poorfour

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2011-10-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by marty2086 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:08 pm

Taylorman wrote:Odd, ref calls a clear balls out so the Bok kicks it then gets penalised, saying you have to pick it up. Really? . Since when couldnt you kick a ball on the ground?

Pretty sure its been since the summer tours

Officials were awful all game though, inconsistent with players getting over the ball at the tackle area allowing some to turn over and telling some to release. TMO probably could have pulled Ruddocks try back for a review and everyone seemed to miss Ireland kicking straight to touch after bringing the ball back into the 22

The whole early engage at he scrum looked like a mess too


marty2086

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:24 pm

Whinge whinge whinge Rob Kearney whinge whinge whinge Joe Schmidt. Lol

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:24 pm

Kearney yet again proves the doubters wrong.

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:32 pm

Where's the whinging?

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by marty2086 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:33 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Kearney yet again proves the doubters wrong.

When did he do that?


marty2086

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:33 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Kearney yet again proves the doubters wrong.

Lol.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:33 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Where's the whinging?
Seriously?

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4957
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 27
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:35 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:Where's the whinging?
Seriously?

Yep. Everyone so far has said it was a good win. Care to quote some of that whinging? Or have the Schmidt fanboys come out in full force to tell anyone off who doesn't give him a perfect 10/10 performance?

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:37 pm

But but but why didnt Schmidt pick my favorite players??

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by marty2086 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:38 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:But but but why didnt Schmidt pick my favorite players??

I think your getting cranky close to their bedtime just

marty2086

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:41 pm

but Paddy from the province wasnt picked?

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:41 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:But but but why didnt Schmidt pick my favorite players??

I think your getting cranky close to their bedtime just

Schmidt fanboys out in force again tonight.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:41 pm

Joe is such a meany

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:50 pm

It would have been 50 nil to Ireland if Zebo or OHalloran were playing fullback.

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:06 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:Where's the whinging?
Seriously?

Yep. Everyone so far has said it was a good win. Care to quote some of that whinging? Or have the Schmidt fanboys come out in full force to tell anyone off who doesn't give him a perfect 10/10 performance?
Are we just going to pretend all that pre match whinging didn't happen then?

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4957
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 27
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:09 pm

Ha lol. Dont worry the win will be forgotten very soon and all the same whinge themes will begin all over again.

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by marty2086 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:11 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:Where's the whinging?
Seriously?

Yep. Everyone so far has said it was a good win. Care to quote some of that whinging? Or have the Schmidt fanboys come out in full force to tell anyone off who doesn't give him a perfect 10/10 performance?
Are we just going to pretend all that pre match whinging  didn't happen then?

There's a difference between criticising selection and criticising performances as it seems to be that some seem to be claiming.

With that being said some people are claiming Kearney played better than he did which is laughable

marty2086

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:14 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:Where's the whinging?
Seriously?

Yep. Everyone so far has said it was a good win. Care to quote some of that whinging? Or have the Schmidt fanboys come out in full force to tell anyone off who doesn't give him a perfect 10/10 performance?
Are we just going to pretend all that pre match whinging  didn't happen then?

There's a difference between criticising selection and criticising performances as it seems to be that some seem to be claiming.

With that being said some people are claiming Kearney played better than he did which is laughable
Kearney is a good fullback, you agree with that at least? He hasn't won the things he has by being an awful player..

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4957
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 27
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by marty2086 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:18 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:Where's the whinging?
Seriously?

Yep. Everyone so far has said it was a good win. Care to quote some of that whinging? Or have the Schmidt fanboys come out in full force to tell anyone off who doesn't give him a perfect 10/10 performance?
Are we just going to pretend all that pre match whinging  didn't happen then?

There's a difference between criticising selection and criticising performances as it seems to be that some seem to be claiming.

With that being said some people are claiming Kearney played better than he did which is laughable
Kearney is a good fullback, you agree with that at least? He hasn't won the things he has by being an awful player..

No one said he was and I certainly haven't, I defended his selection to an extent but to say he silenced the doubter as was claimed on here really doesn't ring true.

What he has done in the past doesn't mean he deserves selection, otherwise why not pick him until he drops dead?

He had very little to do today and did most of it ok but was far from perfect in what he did too

marty2086

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:25 pm

Kearney was one of our better players. Admit it you were wrong. He will be starting FB for the RWC and rightly so.

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by marty2086 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:27 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Kearney was one of our better players. Admit it you were wrong. He will be starting FB for the RWC and rightly so.

You're either drunk or trolling either way Id suggest going and lying down

marty2086

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:28 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:Where's the whinging?
Seriously?

Yep. Everyone so far has said it was a good win. Care to quote some of that whinging? Or have the Schmidt fanboys come out in full force to tell anyone off who doesn't give him a perfect 10/10 performance?
Are we just going to pretend all that pre match whinging  didn't happen then?

There's a difference between criticising selection and criticising performances as it seems to be that some seem to be claiming.

With that being said some people are claiming Kearney played better than he did which is laughable
Kearney is a good fullback, you agree with that at least? He hasn't won the things he has by being an awful player..

No one said he was and I certainly haven't, I defended his selection to an extent but to say he silenced the doubter as was claimed on here really doesn't ring true.

What he has done in the past doesn't mean he deserves selection, otherwise why not pick him until he drops dead?

He had very little to do today and did most of it ok but was far from perfect in what he did too
fair enough.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4957
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 27
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:32 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Kearney was one of our better players. Admit it you were wrong. He will be starting FB for the RWC and rightly so.

You're either drunk or trolling either way Id suggest going and lying down

why do you find it so hard to admit he had a good game?

Yet again proves the doubters wrong.

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by marty2086 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:56 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Kearney was one of our better players. Admit it you were wrong. He will be starting FB for the RWC and rightly so.

You're either drunk or trolling either way Id suggest going and lying down

why do you find it so hard to admit he had a good game?

Yet again proves the doubters wrong.

What part of his game was good? Maybe when he ran past the ball and almost let the Boks in?

marty2086

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by RuggerRadge2611 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:01 pm

I'd just like to say that was a cracking performance today guys.
avatar
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 6888
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 32
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:21 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Kearney was one of our better players. Admit it you were wrong. He will be starting FB for the RWC and rightly so.

You're either drunk or trolling either way Id suggest going and lying down

why do you find it so hard to admit he had a good game?

Yet again proves the doubters wrong.

What part of his game was good? Maybe when he ran past the ball and almost let the Boks in?

That was probably his only mistake in a backline where there were lots of errors in particular knock ons. He did everything else well. One of our better backs.

3rd most meters of all ireland backs. 2nd most defenders beaten. Only missed one tackle. Fewer mistakes than other backs. Very good game. One of our better players.


Last edited by Collapse2005 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Posts : 232
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by theslosty on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:23 pm

Rob wasn't particularly bad but genuinely thought Murray, Sexton, Aki, Henshaw, Stockdale and Conway were all better.
avatar
theslosty

Posts : 795
Join date : 2012-05-01
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:32 pm

theslosty wrote:Rob wasn't particularly bad but genuinely thought Murray, Sexton, Aki, Henshaw, Stockdale and Conway were all better.

Another dissenter. Off with his head!

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:37 pm

Looking at the stats and South Africa really were awful. Aside from the fullback, the backs barely clocked over 50 metres between them. One of their wingers ran only 2 metres the entire game. That's just insane.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by profitius on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:38 pm

Good win and some excellent performances. Sexton deserved motm but in the second half we saw why Stockdale has so much hype.


SA were poor but you can only beat what's in front of you.


Good to see the impact the subs made also.


RDW_Scotland wrote:Who decided these strip choices were a good idea??


I thought it was just me, being colourblind that I am. Glad to see it being talked about. The Ireland home Jersey would have been easier to distinguish for me, literally.
avatar
profitius

Posts : 3876
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by SecretFly on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:42 pm

You could say the mid field defensive mash-up through the first half won us the game... but you'd also have to say the injection of 'elan'+pace, with the new additions to the second half, made the winning look a lot easier.  
It was perhaps an overall design to do it both ways (as I can't see some of the less experienced players coming in and doing it their way against the wishes of Careful Joe)... but it also proves that there are easier ways to slay these teams, and Joe knows they exist, and is confident enough that his players have the bite to do it cleaner; but for some reason he's back on the mantra that it's another World Cup Cycle and he wants to put the newer boys under pressure  - thus a more difficult and nervy gameplan of containment and endless defending??)

Anyway, good win in the end but for a long time that scoreline looked the regular blueprint of an Irish side - living on the edge with a little gap to defend and defend and defend...and defend.

SecretFly

Posts : 26123
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by marty2086 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:42 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Kearney was one of our better players. Admit it you were wrong. He will be starting FB for the RWC and rightly so.

You're either drunk or trolling either way Id suggest going and lying down

why do you find it so hard to admit he had a good game?

Yet again proves the doubters wrong.

What part of his game was good? Maybe when he ran past the ball and almost let the Boks in?

That was probably his only mistake in a backline where there were lots of errors in particular knock ons. He did everything else well. One of our better backs.

3rd most meters of all ireland backs. 2nd most defenders beaten. Only missed one tackle. Fewer mistakes than other backs. Very good game. One of our better players.

If you don't do much you can't really make mistakes, he missed half the tackles he attempted and full backs tend to get a lot of metres because they have space to run into


marty2086

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Taylorman on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:43 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Looking at the stats and South Africa really were awful. Aside from the fullback, the backs barely clocked over 50 metres between them. One of their wingers ran only 2 metres the entire game. That's just insane.

Yes bit like the Boks of old. When their backs did little and their pack dominated up front, except they didnt manage that either. Cant win like that.

Taylorman

Posts : 9044
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by catchweight on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:47 pm

I thought Kearney was no better than a 7/10 which is kind of par for course for him. Nowhere near Irelands best player.

Hes rather blunt and limited as threat at full back at the highest level.

Sexton was easily the best back for Ireland but he got a pretty easy ride behind a dominant pack.

South Africa look in a proper mess.

catchweight

Posts : 4239
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by SecretFly on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:47 pm

On the colour of the jerseys - I was in wonder at Conway shaking off the attention of a big South African before sprinting out for that try.  Then I realised it was Henderson pushing him on Whistle

ShYthe strip...don't ever wear it again Ireland.  Who the hell designs this stuff?   "Hmm, let's get Ireland a nice 2nd strip...em...dark grey stuff with slim dull greeny browny stripy stuff.........it'll be lovely"


Last edited by SecretFly on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Posts : 26123
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by SecretFly on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:50 pm

catchweight wrote:I thought Kearney was no better than a 7/10 which is kind of par for course for him. Nowhere near Irelands best player.

Hes rather blunt and limited as threat at full back at the highest level.

Sexton was easily the best back for Ireland but he got a pretty easy ride behind a dominant pack.

South Africa look in a proper mess.

Oh nope. He was at the coalface as a defender for great chunks of that game.... first man up. Behind nobody Cool

SecretFly

Posts : 26123
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by catchweight on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:55 pm

Defensively yes. Under little pressure is possession though. He had total freedom to dictate the game.

catchweight

Posts : 4239
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland v South Africa - 11 Nov 5:30

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum