The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v Australia - 11th November

+17
Heaf
JDizzle
Cardiff Dave
Geordie
Duty281
RDW
George Carlin
Newsilure
chris_501
geoff999rugby
mikey_dragon
RiscaGame
BamBam
LondonTiger
Luckless Pedestrian
LordDowlais
munkian
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wales v Australia  - 11th November - Page 2 Empty Wales v Australia - 11th November

Post by munkian Thu 09 Nov 2017, 11:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Wales v Australia  - 11th November

Date: Saturday 11th November
Time: 1715 GMT
TV: BBC 2 Wales S4C

Head to Head

Wales        Aus
40  played  40
10   wins    29
29   loss     10
1     draw    1
58    tries   115
37    cons   73
85    pens   82

Teams

Wales

Backs: Halfpenny (Scarlets); L Williams (Saracens), J Davies (Scarlets), O Williams (Gloucester), S Evans (Scarlets); Biggar (Ospreys), G Davies (Scarlets).

Forwards: R Evans (Scarlets), Owens (Scarlets), Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Ball (Scarlets), A W Jones (Ospreys, capt), Shingler (Scarlets), Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Faletau (Bath).

Replacements: Smith (Ospreys), Dacey (Cardiff Blues), Brown (Dragons), Cross (Ospreys), Hill (Dragons), A Davies (Scarlets), Watkin (Ospreys), Amos (Dragons).

Australia

Australia: 15 Kurtley Beale, 14 Marika Koroibete, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Samu Kerevi, 11 Reece Hodge, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Will Genia, 8 Sean McMahon, 7 Michael Hooper (captain), 6 Ned Hanigan, 5 Adam Coleman, 4 Rob Simmons, 3 Sekope Kepu, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Scott Sio.
Replacements: 16 Stephen Moore, 17 Tom Robertson, 18 Allan Alaalatoa, 19 Matt Philip, 20 Ben McCalman, 21 Nick Phipps, 22 Karmichael Hunt, 23 Henry Speight.

Last edited by munkian on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 12:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Wales v Australia  - 11th November - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales v Australia - 11th November

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:39 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:What's happened to the MS pitch given it has a roof?

Anthony Joshua

Ah, the boxer. Thought the pitch was removed for other events?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Wales v Australia  - 11th November - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales v Australia - 11th November

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:42 pm

What a steal.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:42 pm

Not sure what all the booing's for - looked ok to me

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:44 pm

Can only presume they thought it was a high tackle. Quality rip.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:50 pm

Wales need to make the most of the YC now

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:04 pm

Our guys just aren’t smart enough. Can’t fault the Wallaby effort, always putting themselves on the line.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:08 pm

Anyone see what happened to JD2, hamstring or ankle? That’ll be quite the loss.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:09 pm

They just showed a replay - looks like a knee injury. Didn't look good!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:09 pm

An entertaining game though

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:35 pm

Heaf wrote:An entertaining game though

Yes more too it than the drop kick of a bok Ireland match.

Mind you, the AB match was just as dire. Penalty try. Laughable.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 12 Nov 2017, 5:02 pm

Bearing in mind without Webb, Moriarty, Warburton, North, Tipuric and our most potent offensive weapon was in the wrong position I thought we did ok. Error rate unacceptable though. Someone needs to tell Evans to do the basics first but I actually think that was coach's fault to give him such a free rein so early on. Williams looked good at 12, first try exceptional and defense pretty good. We handed the game to Australia because our latest problem is a total inability to secure possession
under pressure and very poor tactical kicking. These issues should be resolved bu losing JD2 as well may be the end of any hope of winning v Boks.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 5:13 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:What's happened to the MS pitch given it has a roof?

Anthony Joshua

Ah, the boxer. Thought the pitch was removed for other events?

This new desso hybrid pitch is not on pallets like the old one was. Must have done the boxing straight on top.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 5:16 pm

On the game, I'm tempted to just look up one of the Wales v Aus match threads from the last few years and just copy and paste the analysis. Same old, same old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 12 Nov 2017, 5:57 pm

Taylorman wrote:
Heaf wrote:An entertaining game though

Yes more too it than the drop kick of a bok Ireland match.

Mind you, the AB match was just as dire. Penalty try. Laughable.

Its you and saw that is laughable. if he isn't trying to snap heads off he's a cheat. A disgrace to rugby.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 12 Nov 2017, 6:23 pm

Gwlad wrote:Bearing in mind without Webb, Moriarty, Warburton, North, Tipuric and our most potent offensive weapon was in the wrong position I thought we did ok. Error rate unacceptable though. Someone needs to tell Evans to do the basics first but I actually think that was coach's fault to give him such a free rein so early on. Williams looked good at 12, first try exceptional and defense pretty good. We handed the game to Australia because our latest problem is a total inability to secure possession  
under pressure and very poor tactical kicking. These issues should be resolved bu losing JD2 as well may be the end of any hope of winning v Boks.

I thought Evans only made one real mistake and that’s the turnover that wouldn’t usually result in a breakaway try like that. His kick infield, I personally blamed JD2 as he gave Evans no room to kick from.

At the minute, the attacking and offloading game is similar to playing hot potato. The time to make it click would be next week and yet Cement Head has already mentioned big changes again. I’d rather a full strength team, with a few changes like capping Dee and starting Priestland and have a good win and then there is a bit of possible confidence for the NZ game.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 12 Nov 2017, 6:51 pm

Yeah that team certainly needs more playing time together but maybe have Amos in place of Halfpenny, and Watkin for JD2, with more new caps on the bench like Dee and Seb Davies.

I thought the back-row did well, apart from Faletau’s uncharacteristic knock-ons. I’m glad North and Tips weren’t playing as I don’t think they could have added anything.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sun 12 Nov 2017, 7:15 pm

Not seen all the game but I liked the way Wales were trying to play in the bits I have seen. Errors were likely and cost you a couple of times, but if it clicks you have the players to do some serious damage.
If you could just make sure you don't click against Ireland in the 6ns that would be appreciated

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 12 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm

Not a bad performance, just too many mistakes. Need to keep the team together and this will get better.

As for the game, its been mentioned that Beale knocked on and that’s one try that shouldn’t have been, but surprised no one has picked up on Genia kicking the ball back in when it’s out of the ruck. Liam points it out to the linesman, yet it wasn’t penalised and led to the third try. You aren’t allowed to do that, as those players are then offside.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 13 Nov 2017, 10:20 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Yeah that team certainly needs more playing time together but maybe have Amos in place of Halfpenny, and Watkin for JD2, with more new caps on the bench like Dee and Seb Davies.

I thought the back-row did well, apart from Faletau’s uncharacteristic knock-ons. I’m glad North and Tips weren’t playing as I don’t think they could have added anything.

Halfpenny is so unthreatening with ball in hand. You can't fault his effort and at least he isn't just kicking all the time any more, but still.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 13 Nov 2017, 10:23 am

As for the game, some definite positives in the way we're trying to play, but in that last 10 - 20 minutes we were just so imprecise with ball in hand, and it was the same old story: we make such heavy weather of scoring, even against 14 men. Biggar was throwing huge looping passes instead of drawing anyone, it was like rugby hit-and-hope. It was so depressingly familiar.

Also, fair play to Hallam Amos for scoring in the same corner he did his shoulder in trying to score last autumn.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 13 Nov 2017, 6:36 pm

Funnily enough I thought of that before Amos did score, when he went out to touch before it. I wondered if it went through his mind to try a similar dive again.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2