Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 23 Nov - 1:03

Saturday, 25 November

Wales v New Zealand (Principality Stadium, Cardiff. Kick off: 17:15 GMT)

Here we go again. Will they, won't they??????

I believe this is the best chance for Wales to beat them, Scotland softened them up last week and made them begin to doubt themselves.
Plus the Kiwis have had another case of Mumps in their Camp, and lets be honest with all the Welsh Lions (and Coaches) in the squad they really should be pushing them for the full 80mins.

Good Luck Wales, all the home nations are behind you. (Apart from the Irish, and Scots?)



15. Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) (72 Caps)
14. Hallam Amos (Dragons) (13 Caps)
13. Scott Williams (Scarlets) (49 Caps)
12. Owen Williams (Gloucester) (2 Caps)
11. Steff Evans (Scarlets) (3 Caps)
10. Dan Biggar (Ospreys) (58 Caps)
9. Rhys Webb (Ospreys) (29 Caps);
1. Rob Evans (Scarlets) (18 Caps)
2. Ken Owens (Scarlets) (51 Caps)
3. Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs) (25 Caps)
4. Jake Ball (Scarlets) (27 Caps)
5. Alun Wyn Jones (CAPT) (Ospreys) (111 Caps)
6. Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (11 Caps)
7. Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues) (5 Caps)
8. Taulupe Faletau (Bath GOD) (68 Caps)

REPLACEMENTS:
16. Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues) (6 Caps)
17. Wyn Jones (Scarlets) (3 Caps)
18. Leon Brown (Dragons) (2 Caps)
19. Cory Hill (Dragons) (8 Caps)
20. Justin Tipuric (Ospreys) (51 Caps)
21. Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (26 Caps)
22. Rhys Priestland (Bath) (49 Caps)
23. Jamie Roberts (Harlequins) (93 Caps)

New Zealand: McKenzie; Naholo, Crotty, Williams, Ione; B Barrett, Smith; Hames, Taylor, Laulala, Tuipolotu, S Whitelock, Squire, Cane, L Whitelock.
Replacements: Harris, Crockett, Tu'ungafasi, S Barrett, Todd, Perenara, Sapoaga, Lienert-Brown.


Last edited by TightHEAD on Fri 24 Nov - 22:24; edited 7 times in total
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4046
Join date : 2014-09-26
Location : USK

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 23 Nov - 3:19

ye be warned......

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-fans-warned-risk-missing-13938948
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4046
Join date : 2014-09-26
Location : USK

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by SecretFly on Thu 23 Nov - 3:27

TightHEAD wrote:Saturday, 25 November

As a new immigrant to Wales I feel it is my duty to talk about this game.

laughing Got past the Trump Wall purposefully designed to keep you out? Good show. You see, Mexicanos? It IS possible.

SecretFly

Posts : 29892
Join date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Gwlad on Thu 23 Nov - 12:44

VU, like VD only even more annoying.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by aucklandlaurie on Thu 23 Nov - 13:08

Deja...

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7522
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 62
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by ebop on Thu 23 Nov - 16:23

Were there colour tvs in 1953?
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4637
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by George Carlin on Thu 23 Nov - 17:26

Apparently the All Blacks have the mumps in camp.

Good job on whoever in the hotel staff managed to slide that vial of clear liquid into the team spaghetti.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14604
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by aucklandlaurie on Thu 23 Nov - 17:43

George Carlin wrote:Apparently the All Blacks have the mumps in camp.

Good job on whoever in the hotel staff managed to slide that vial of clear liquid into the team spaghetti.  

 Mumps were in the camp last week as well.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7522
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 62
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Gwlad on Thu 23 Nov - 17:59

ebop wrote:Were there colour tvs in 1953?

Probably not in the back water that is new Zealand Laugh

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by aucklandlaurie on Thu 23 Nov - 18:02

Gwlad wrote:
ebop wrote:Were there colour tvs in 1953?

Probably not in the back water that is new Zealand Laugh

 the game was broadcast in Black and White, didnt need any other colours.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7522
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 62
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Gwlad on Thu 23 Nov - 18:05

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
ebop wrote:Were there colour tvs in 1953?

Probably not in the back water that is new Zealand Laugh

 the game was broadcast in Black and White, didnt need any other colours.

Its the All Blacks not Black with a hint of White Doh Laugh

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 23 Nov - 20:04

Wales only won in 1953 because the Ref missed the blatant offside, Ken Jones was in front of the kicker when the cross field kick was made.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4046
Join date : 2014-09-26
Location : USK

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by SecretFly on Thu 23 Nov - 21:00

You people got long memories for the 50s! I can't remember the details of the Ireland v SA game only two weeks ago. I must do more of those memory exer................................

You people got long memories for the 50s!.

SecretFly

Posts : 29892
Join date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by ebop on Thu 23 Nov - 21:09

I think TightHEAD has proven the 1953 win by Wales over the ABs has a very big question mark over it. I’m not saying it was a fraudulent win but tmo’s back then weren’t up to much. Technology has come a long way in 64 looonnnng years.
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4637
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 23 Nov - 21:15

There was a couple of missed forward passes from the Kiwis too, but to be fair their hands looked to be moving backwards.

I guess it evens out over the years!
  Wink
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4046
Join date : 2014-09-26
Location : USK

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Taylorman on Thu 23 Nov - 21:38

aucklandlaurie wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Apparently the All Blacks have the mumps in camp.

Good job on whoever in the hotel staff managed to slide that vial of clear liquid into the team spaghetti.  

 Mumps were in the camp last week as well.

The rigours of touring third world countries. Oh well.

Taylorman

Posts : 10558
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by George Carlin on Thu 23 Nov - 22:04

Taylorman wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Apparently the All Blacks have the mumps in camp.

Good job on whoever in the hotel staff managed to slide that vial of clear liquid into the team spaghetti.  

 Mumps were in the camp last week as well.

The rigours of touring third world countries. Oh well.
Frankie Boyle:
Do you want to know what Scotland was like in the 70s? Go there now.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 14604
Join date : 2011-06-24
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15

Post by munkian on Thu 23 Nov - 22:24

Wales

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) (72 Caps)
14. Hallam Amos (Dragons) (13 Caps)
13. Scott Williams (Scarlets) (49 Caps)
12. Owen Williams (Gloucester) (2 Caps)
11. Steff Evans (Scarlets) (3 Caps)
10. Dan Biggar (Ospreys) (58 Caps)
9. Rhys Webb (Ospreys) (29 Caps);
1. Rob Evans (Scarlets) (18 Caps)
2. Ken Owens (Scarlets) (51 Caps)
3. Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs) (25 Caps)
4. Jake Ball (Scarlets) (27 Caps)
5. Alun Wyn Jones (CAPT) (Ospreys) (111 Caps)
6. Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (11 Caps)
7. Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues) (5 Caps)
8. Taulupe Faletau (Bath) (68 Caps)

REPLACEMENTS:
16. Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues) (6 Caps)
17. Wyn Jones (Scarlets) (3 Caps)
18. Leon Brown (Dragons) (2 Caps)
19. Cory Hill (Dragons) (8 Caps)
20. Justin Tipuric (Ospreys) (51 Caps)
21. Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (26 Caps)
22. Rhys Priestland (Bath) (49 Caps)
23. Jamie Roberts (Harlequins) (93 Caps)


New Zealand

15. Damian McKenzie.
14. Waisake Naholo.
13. Ryan Crotty.
12. Sonny Bill Williams.
11. Rieko Ioane.
10. Beauden Barrett.
9. Aaron Smith.
8. Luke Whitelock.
7. Sam Cane.
6. Liam Squire.
5. Patrick Tuipulotu.
4. Sam Whitelock (C).
3. Nepo Laulala.
2. Codie taylor.
1. Kane Hames.

Bench: N.Harris, Wyatt Crockett, O. Tu'ungafasi, S.Barrett, Matt Todd,
T.J.P., Lima Sopoanga, Anton Lienert -Brown,


Last edited by munkian on Fri 24 Nov - 19:37; edited 2 times in total
munkian
munkian

Posts : 8456
Join date : 2011-04-02
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Scottrf on Thu 23 Nov - 22:26

Team looks good, although don't know much about Navidi. Is Tipuric coming back from injury? Assume Warbs is out.

Scottrf

Posts : 13944
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by munkian on Thu 23 Nov - 22:33

Scottrf wrote:Team looks good, although don't know much about Navidi. Is Tipuric coming back from injury? Assume Warbs is out.

Navidi has played well for Cardiff the past couple of seasons and did well against Aus. Tips coming back from injury and is more of bench impact than Navidi.

Warbs, Griffiths and two or three other back rowers are injured/returning from injury.

I'd have started Priestland at 10 and possibly Roberts at 13 though with Dee on the bench.
munkian
munkian

Posts : 8456
Join date : 2011-04-02
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by SecretFly on Thu 23 Nov - 22:54

Taylorman wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Apparently the All Blacks have the mumps in camp.

Good job on whoever in the hotel staff managed to slide that vial of clear liquid into the team spaghetti.  

 Mumps were in the camp last week as well.

The rigours of touring third world countries. Oh well.

laughing

SecretFly

Posts : 29892
Join date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by RiscaGame on Fri 24 Nov - 0:16

I would maybe have looked at Tipuric at 7, Navidi 6 for this. Didn’t really rate Shingler v Aus.

Disappointed for Dee. See no value in having Roberts on the bench (wouldn’t even have him in the squad).

RiscaGame

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by BamBam on Fri 24 Nov - 0:19

Already was a thread for this game, was about to post the team there then saw this one

http://www.606v2.com/t66816-wales-v-new-zealand-25th-november

NZ are late naming their team arent't they? They usually post it overnight no matter where they are playing

BamBam

Posts : 15235
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by aucklandlaurie on Fri 24 Nov - 0:22

Gwlad wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
ebop wrote:Were there colour tvs in 1953?

Probably not in the back water that is new Zealand Laugh

 the game was broadcast in Black and White, didnt need any other colours.

Its the All Blacks not Black with a hint of White Doh Laugh

 Socks and collars.... Doh

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7522
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 62
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by munkian on Fri 24 Nov - 0:24

BamBam wrote:Already was a thread for this game, was about to post the team there then saw this one

http://www.606v2.com/t66816-wales-v-new-zealand-25th-november

NZ are late naming their team arent't they? They usually post it overnight no matter where they are playing

I know but HERSH/tightHEAD is an idiot and its full of spam already so I thought I'd start a tidy one.

I'm guessing they are waiting on the mumps to clear up ?
munkian
munkian

Posts : 8456
Join date : 2011-04-02
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by aucklandlaurie on Fri 24 Nov - 0:30

munkian wrote:
BamBam wrote:Already was a thread for this game, was about to post the team there then saw this one

http://www.606v2.com/t66816-wales-v-new-zealand-25th-november

NZ are late naming their team arent't they? They usually post it overnight no matter where they are playing

I know but HERSH/tightHEAD is an idiot and its full of spam already so I thought I'd start a tidy one.

I'm guessing they are waiting on the mumps to clear up ?

 The ABs release the team to coincide with morning breakfast television down here.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7522
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 62
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Collapse2005 on Fri 24 Nov - 0:37

Wales for the win. Last minute Dan Biggar score.

Collapse2005

Posts : 3403
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 24 Nov - 0:41

Very real possibility of a clean sweep of results this weekend.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18093
Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by SecretFly on Fri 24 Nov - 1:01

aucklandlaurie wrote:
munkian wrote:
BamBam wrote:Already was a thread for this game, was about to post the team there then saw this one

http://www.606v2.com/t66816-wales-v-new-zealand-25th-november

NZ are late naming their team arent't they? They usually post it overnight no matter where they are playing

I know but HERSH/tightHEAD is an idiot and its full of spam already so I thought I'd start a tidy one.

I'm guessing they are waiting on the mumps to clear up ?

 The ABs release the team to coincide with morning breakfast television down here.

And a lot to discuss for those families eating their breakfast> "F**K it!!! Hansen has picked a f**king winning team again! He's so set in his ways - no bloody ingenuity!"

SecretFly

Posts : 29892
Join date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by LordDowlais on Fri 24 Nov - 1:04

If we cannot beat a rubbish Australia, we have no hope in hell against the All Blacks on Saturday. Crying or Very sad

LordDowlais

Posts : 13351
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 24 Nov - 1:06

Ranked 3rd in world australia?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18093
Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Scottrf on Fri 24 Nov - 1:15

LordDowlais wrote:If we cannot beat a rubbish Australia, we have no hope in hell against the All Blacks on Saturday. Crying or Very sad

Australia lived with the best team in the world for 70 minutes on Saturday so they're not that bad.

Scottrf

Posts : 13944
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 24 Nov - 1:16

Good looking team for Wales. Fingers Crossed
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4046
Join date : 2014-09-26
Location : USK

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by LondonTiger on Fri 24 Nov - 1:19

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ranked 3rd  in world australia?

And a team who beat NZ in their match before beating Wales.


NZ should win, but they have been a mixed bunch this season. Excellent in first tests against Lions and SA, sublime for 50 minutes in first test against Aus, but then some poor or lacklustre performances.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 20145
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 24 Nov - 1:21

Scott Williams is due a big game soon, surely!

I thought Wales played well against Aus apart from the handling errors which will always kill you at this level. Aus got lucky on a couple of tries.

Strange how luck can be with you one week and desert you the next.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4046
Join date : 2014-09-26
Location : USK

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by SecretFly on Fri 24 Nov - 1:35

LondonTiger wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Ranked 3rd  in world australia?

And a team who beat NZ in their match before beating Wales.


NZ should win, but they have been a mixed bunch this season. Excellent in first tests against Lions and SA, sublime for 50 minutes in first test against Aus, but then some poor or lacklustre performances.

Yeah, they looked sH-ite (could we get rid of the childish Poopie alternative there guys - it's embarrassing on manly Rugby threads) in the pool stages of the world cup too....and then...  

I suppose they can be given leeway to get bored sometimes and lose concentration and maybe have their minds on breaks.  They is human after all like wot the Lions tour is supposed to have proven.

Anyway, undoubtedly Wales could do it at the weekend.  They have the ammo if they get into a nice rhythm going and the crowd behind them.

SecretFly

Posts : 29892
Join date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 24 Nov - 1:42

I think the 16th man could make a difference this weekend.

If the crowd get behind them and Wales get a good solid start which they are more than capable of, then I really think they could do them.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4046
Join date : 2014-09-26
Location : USK

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 24 Nov - 1:42

SecretFly wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Ranked 3rd  in world australia?

And a team who beat NZ in their match before beating Wales.


NZ should win, but they have been a mixed bunch this season. Excellent in first tests against Lions and SA, sublime for 50 minutes in first test against Aus, but then some poor or lacklustre performances.

Yeah, they looked sH-ite (could we get rid of the childish Poopie alternative there guys - it's embarrassing on manly Rugby threads) in the pool stages of the world cup too....and then...  

I suppose they can be given leeway to get bored sometimes and lose concentration and maybe have their minds on breaks.  They is human after all like wot the Lions tour is supposed to have proven.

Anyway, undoubtedly Wales could do it at the weekend.  They have the ammo if they get into a nice rhythm going and the crowd behind them.

That's assuming the crowd can be arsed to get behind them. Those trays of pints won't buy themselves.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23318
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 24 Nov - 1:44

Oh look a Welshman decided to get interested in this game and created a new thread for it. Rolling Eyes
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4046
Join date : 2014-09-26
Location : USK

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by munkian on Fri 24 Nov - 2:08

TightHEAD wrote:Oh look a Welshman decided to get interested in this game and created a new thread for it. Rolling Eyes

You mean, when the actual team was announced and we had something to discuss ? Rolling Eyes
munkian
munkian

Posts : 8456
Join date : 2011-04-02
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by RiscaGame on Fri 24 Nov - 2:10

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Ranked 3rd  in world australia?

And a team who beat NZ in their match before beating Wales.


NZ should win, but they have been a mixed bunch this season. Excellent in first tests against Lions and SA, sublime for 50 minutes in first test against Aus, but then some poor or lacklustre performances.

Yeah, they looked sH-ite (could we get rid of the childish Poopie alternative there guys - it's embarrassing on manly Rugby threads) in the pool stages of the world cup too....and then...  

I suppose they can be given leeway to get bored sometimes and lose concentration and maybe have their minds on breaks.  They is human after all like wot the Lions tour is supposed to have proven.

Anyway, undoubtedly Wales could do it at the weekend.  They have the ammo if they get into a nice rhythm going and the crowd behind them.

That's assuming the crowd can be arsed to get behind them. Those trays of pints won't buy themselves.

Because these tickets are harder to come by than the others, maybe the supporters might be a bit better.

With the security measures in place and after what happened with Australia and people missing kick off, maybe the atmosphere might build up earlier too. I certainly hope so. I’ll be in there very early personally.

RiscaGame

Posts : 2560
Join date : 2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 24 Nov - 2:14

munkian wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:Oh look a Welshman decided to get interested in this game and created a new thread for it. Rolling Eyes

You mean, when the actual team was announced and we had something to discuss ? Rolling Eyes
Fans from every other nation were already discussing this weekends games.

Yet Wales v NZ had nothing, hmmm very strange when you consider the World Champs are in town.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4046
Join date : 2014-09-26
Location : USK

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 24 Nov - 2:15

Do people prefer the early or late KO at the Millennium Stadium during the AI's?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 4046
Join date : 2014-09-26
Location : USK

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 24 Nov - 2:18

RiscaGame wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Ranked 3rd  in world australia?

And a team who beat NZ in their match before beating Wales.


NZ should win, but they have been a mixed bunch this season. Excellent in first tests against Lions and SA, sublime for 50 minutes in first test against Aus, but then some poor or lacklustre performances.

Yeah, they looked sH-ite (could we get rid of the childish Poopie alternative there guys - it's embarrassing on manly Rugby threads) in the pool stages of the world cup too....and then...  

I suppose they can be given leeway to get bored sometimes and lose concentration and maybe have their minds on breaks.  They is human after all like wot the Lions tour is supposed to have proven.

Anyway, undoubtedly Wales could do it at the weekend.  They have the ammo if they get into a nice rhythm going and the crowd behind them.

That's assuming the crowd can be arsed to get behind them. Those trays of pints won't buy themselves.

Because these tickets are harder to come by than the others, maybe the supporters might be a bit better.

With the security measures in place and after what happened with Australia and people missing kick off, maybe the atmosphere might build up earlier too. I certainly hope so. I’ll be in there very early personally.

If we get off to a good start, that'll help.


Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 23318
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 40
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Gwlad on Fri 24 Nov - 2:59

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
ebop wrote:Were there colour tvs in 1953?

Probably not in the back water that is new Zealand Laugh

 the game was broadcast in Black and White, didnt need any other colours.

Its the All Blacks not Black with a hint of White Doh Laugh

 Socks and collars.... Doh

Doesnt sound quite so menacing: the 'All Blacks with matching collars and cuffs in contrasting white'. Do you have color tv now then?

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by aucklandlaurie on Fri 24 Nov - 4:31

ABs:
15. Damian McKenzie.
14. Waisake Naholo.
13. Ryan Crotty.
12. Sonny Bill Williams.
11. Rieko Ioane.
10. Beauden Barrett.
9. Aaron Smith.
8. Luke Whitelock.
7. Sam Cane. 
6. Liam Squire.
5. Patrick Tuipulotu.
4. Sam Whitelock (C).
3. Nepo Laulala.
2. Codie taylor.
1. Kane Hames.

Bench: N.Harris, Wyatt Crockett, O. Tu'ungafasi, S.Barrett, Matt Todd,
T.J.P., Lima Sopoanga, Anton Lienert -Brown,

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7522
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 62
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Gwlad on Fri 24 Nov - 4:43

Excellent, the original Wales v NZ thread.

Gwlad

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 24 Nov - 5:23

Hey fans.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 24 Nov - 5:27

aucklandlaurie wrote:ABs:
15. Damian McKenzie.
14. Waisake Naholo.
13. Ryan Crotty.
12. Sonny Bill Williams.
11. Rieko Ioane.
10. Beauden Barrett.
9. Aaron Smith.
8. Luke Whitelock.
7. Sam Cane. 
6. Liam Squire.
5. Patrick Tuipulotu.
4. Sam Whitelock (C).
3. Nepo Laulala.
2. Codie taylor.
1. Kane Hames.

Bench: N.Harris, Wyatt Crockett, O. Tu'ungafasi, S.Barrett, Matt Todd,
T.J.P., Lima Sopoanga, Anton Lienert -Brown,

I can't see us defending very well against that backline... I don't know much about your starting props but I assume they're pretty good as they're in the black jersey.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 8188
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by BamBam on Fri 24 Nov - 5:38

Laulala has looked really good since he came in, probably better scrummager than Franks would have been

Don't know a lot about Hames

BamBam

Posts : 15235
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Wales v New Zealand 25/11/17 17:15 + MATCH THREAD

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum