The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

+62
RugbyFan100
David-Douglas
Exiledinborders
TrailApe
furra_linee
munkian
dummy_half
Tramptastic
EST
whocares
TightHEAD
EnglishReign
des
Majestic83
TheMildlyFranticLlama
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Second Ranker
nlpnlp
Geordie
R!skysports
IanBru
propdavid_london
jimbopip
demosthenes
LordDowlais
Thunderthighs
No 7&1/2
RDW
Scottrf
lostinwales
George Carlin
cascough
Gwlad
TJ
Sgt_Pooly
highland_scot
NeilyBroon
Tattie Scones RRN
MichaelT
Barney McGrew did it
BamBam
LondonTiger
Cyril
alive555
funnyExiledScot
cakeordeath
poddy89
reallybored
wisden
bsando
Anglobraveheart
Hazel Sapling
21st Century Schizoid Man
MacKnocked-on
Mad for Chelsea
BigGee
SecretFly
tigertattie
EWT Spoons
Heuer27
RuggerRadge2611
66 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 5 Empty Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by RDW Mon 27 Nov 2017, 7:57 am

First topic message reminder :

2017 Autumn Test Results

Scotland 44 - Samoa 38 Smile

Tries - Hogg, Jones, McInally (2), Dunbar, Horne

Scotland 17 - New Zealand 22 Crying or Very sad

Tries - J Gray, Jones

Scotland 53 - Australia 24 Yahoo

McGuigan (2), Price, Maitland, J Gray, Jones, Barclay, McInally

6N fixtures

Wales V Scotland
Scotland V France

Scotland V England

Ireland V Scotland
Italy V Scotland

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by RDW Sat 09 Dec 2017, 6:15 pm

Think it's fair to say this topic has been done to death and neither side is going to persuade the other - let's move on!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 09 Dec 2017, 6:45 pm

So you don't respect 6 nations player of the year awards understood gwlad.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 09 Dec 2017, 7:29 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So you don't respect 6 nations player of the year awards understood gwlad.

I respect him more than your grammar if that tells you anything Laugh

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 09 Dec 2017, 7:44 pm

It doesn't.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 09 Dec 2017, 7:46 pm

I'll say it again - please give it a rest and just ignore each other.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cascough Mon 11 Dec 2017, 9:07 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:Who knew a thread could get derailed by arguing that Mike Brown is better than Hogg?

No-one is saying that.

George Carlin wrote:I've been watching rugby for 40 years and it makes my head explode that people honestly believe that Mike Brown is comparable to someone who has been back to back player of the 6 Nations and that the New Zealand Herald of all places acknowledge could become the finest backline player in the world. Each to their own but I cannot shake the idea that people are just WUMMing at this stage.

Actually I think people are trying to do the opposite. To directly compare the two is missing the point.

RDW_Scotland wrote:Think it's fair to say this topic has been done to death and neither side is going to persuade the other  - let's move on!

I'm happy to be persuaded or discuss the subject matter at hand. I quite enjoyed 123456789's last post. But when clearly explained posts are then twisted or labelled as "WUMs" because the other person holds an opposite viewpoint it gets pretty tiresome.

cascough

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 11 Dec 2017, 10:51 am

cascough wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:Who knew a thread could get derailed by arguing that Mike Brown is better than Hogg?

No-one is saying that.

George Carlin wrote:I've been watching rugby for 40 years and it makes my head explode that people honestly believe that Mike Brown is comparable to someone who has been back to back player of the 6 Nations and that the New Zealand Herald of all places acknowledge could become the finest backline player in the world. Each to their own but I cannot shake the idea that people are just WUMMing at this stage.

Actually I think people are trying to do the opposite. To directly compare the two is missing the point.
That literally makes no sense.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 11 Dec 2017, 11:35 am

cascough's point is incredibly simple and to think he's saying Brown is better either makes you dense or obtuse.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 11 Dec 2017, 12:19 pm

Also worth pointing out that this discussion isn't about either/or.

The argument that Hogg is a better player than Brown is actually compatible with Brown being more important and a better fit for the current England team than Hogg might be if he was English.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 11 Dec 2017, 12:33 pm

Scottrf wrote:cascough's point is incredibly simple and to think he's saying Brown is better either makes you dense or obtuse.
Point out where I was talking about him. Or you could just take a sedative and leave it?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 11 Dec 2017, 12:51 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Scottrf wrote:cascough's point is incredibly simple and to think he's saying Brown is better either makes you dense or obtuse.
Point out where I was talking about him. Or you could just take a sedative and leave it?

Okay thumbsup

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 11 Dec 2017, 12:57 pm

As an aside, it is worth noting that if Hogg was EQ and had been playing in England all his career there is a good chance that Eddie Jones would have altered his tactics to include Hogg.  The coach develops his tactics to suit his players and I would be surprised if he left someone of Hogg’s outrageous talents out of the system. Any good coach with a world class fullback would ensure his tactics got the best out of his fullback!

This is all just a philosophical debate of course as Hogg is not English and Brown is English, so Jones of course picks tactics to suit Brown!

As I said previously we've been debating this for a long time now - hopefully there is some big news coming up to take our attention onto something else. OK

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 1:05 pm

He has Watson. He has Daly. 2 guys in and around the squad now who a lot would feel are that different sort of player. It's not as if we haven't a fair few.wingers knocking on the doors. Jones seems to like what brown brings so ro go back to an original point no its not certain hogg would.be picked and there's a fair possibility if he were English he wouldn't be as good as ge is now as he wouldn't have had all his experience.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 12 Dec 2017, 9:55 am

I'm confused.

I'm on a Scotland thread and folk are talking about how good Brown is at fullback but he's a hooker!

Then they go on about Watson being a good winger but he's an openside flanker!!!

Then they start about about how much Brown is liked by Jones. What does a bromance between our hooker and our outside centre have to do with things?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:45 pm

Faletau out for Wales for the Scotland game. Warburton and Davies are both out as well. They are going to have to go to youth.

J Davies (the elder) may even think Scotland will get within 20 if AWJ, Webb and Biggar all get crocked.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:52 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:Faletau out for Wales for the Scotland game. Warburton and Davies are both out as well. They are going to have to go to youth.

J Davies (the elder) may even think Scotland will get within 20 if AWJ, Webb and Biggar all get crocked.

Navidi Shingler Tipuric Moriarty will cover nicely. Faletau is a loss but Navidi will probably get POS

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:22 pm

POS?
Is that Put On Stretcher?

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:42 pm

Anglobraveheart wrote:POS?
Is that Put On Stretcher?

No, and what a loser for suggesting that. Rolling Eyes

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:14 am

You're happy to troll round other Nattions threads, trying to stir up trouble. Yet, when someone puts a little joke in against you, you don't like it and get all tetchy.
Before you go off with your daffs in a duffel bag, I would never advocate celebrating player injury regardless what nationality they are. It was just an acronym that fitted. Your overreaction says more about you than me.

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:20 am

Anglobraveheart wrote:You're happy to troll round other Nattions threads, trying to stir up trouble. Yet, when someone puts a little joke in against you, you don't like it and get all tetchy.
Before you go off with your daffs in a duffel bag, I would never advocate celebrating player injury regardless what nationality they are. It was just an acronym that fitted. Your overreaction says more about you than me.

Don't do it bro, it's just not worth it!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:25 am

tigertattie wrote:
Anglobraveheart wrote:You're happy to troll round other Nattions threads, trying to stir up trouble. Yet, when someone puts a little joke in against you, you don't like it and get all tetchy.

Don't do it bro, it's just not worth it!
Scotland Autumn Test postmortem and 6N look ahead - Page 5 Rabbit10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 13 Dec 2017, 12:13 pm

Feeling Chrismassy Dod?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:16 pm

Genuinely .. what is POS?

Player of the Six Nations?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:39 pm

tigertattie wrote:I'm confused.

I'm on a Scotland thread and folk are talking about how good Brown is at fullback but he's a hooker!

Even down Sauchiehall Street the hookers are not that rough looking.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 13 Dec 2017, 5:51 pm

Yeah it says I don't joke about injured players, you do.

You literally tantrum like my wife

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:47 pm

BamBam wrote:Genuinely .. what is POS?

Player of the Six Nations?
Player of the Series.

Prematurely Old Stretchmarks.
Priority Over Shingler.
Patronised on Sky.
P!ssed on Saturday.

Am I close?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:01 pm

Potatochips on shoulders?

Bags of them.
Hundreds maybe.
Perhaps?

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:45 pm

pen!s on shoulders?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Wed 13 Dec 2017, 10:45 pm

Penetrator of sheep?

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 14 Dec 2017, 2:03 am

Anglobraveheart wrote:Penetrator of sheep?

Says the guy who eats their bladders Laugh Laugh

You can take our Sheep but can yis leave their piss bags Braveheart

My sincere apologies I stand corrected

Last edited by Gwlad on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:11 am

picard

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:31 am

Gwlad wrote:

Sorry boys, I can't leave this one!

Traditionally, haggis was minced lamb with oats stuffed into a sheep's stomach absolutely nothing to do with their bladder.

These days it's mince and oats stuffed into a plastic bag.

Hug
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:02 am

MacSween Traditional Haggis:

Ingredients
Lamb Lungs, Beef Fat, Oats, Stock (Lamb, Beef), Rehydrated Onion, Salt, Pepper, Spices

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:06 am

ah prefer mince an tatties anyway

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:12 am

NeilyBroon wrote:ah prefer mince an tatties anyway

yuck.

Mince is, well, mince!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:32 pm

On a non-contentious/potentially very contentious note. Referees have been announced for 6N
http://sixnationsrugby.com/en/news/32020.php#Iv1kGpw4Sdu2gPDD.97

At least there's no Barnes or Clancy in the schedule for Scotland

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:33 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:On a non-contentious/potentially very contentious note. Referees have been announced for 6N

Oh wait I stand corrected. Barnes for Ireland Sad

Why did they have to pick one of the hardest matches for Scotland!?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:39 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:
NeilyBroon wrote:On a non-contentious/potentially very contentious note. Referees have been announced for 6N

Ireland hate Barnes, they lose a lot under him.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:43 pm

Nigel Owens V England should help us - he likes an open game.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:08 pm

Scottrf wrote:
NeilyBroon wrote:

Ireland hate Barnes, they lose a lot under him.

Everyone loses when Barnes referees, including the spectators - especially at scrum time - takes about 2 hours for one scrum

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:10 pm

Barnes tends to stick to the letter of the law at the breakdown in regards to going off your feet and rolling away and it's an area ireland try to push to the limit. If anything a strict view on that favours scotland imo.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 14 Dec 2017, 3:59 pm

[quote="Gwlad"]

You can take our sheep but can yis leave their bladders and stomachs Braveheart

No wonder Scotchland is so Bonny Laugh Laugh

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 14 Dec 2017, 4:21 pm

Gwlad wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Serious question here but what the fukc is wrong with you?

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 14 Dec 2017, 4:29 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Serious question here but what the fukc is wrong with you?

I think I choked on some haggis Shocked

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:51 pm

Gwlad wrote:

Over the course of the last year you have said many things that have interested me (some because of the ludicrousness and statistically at other points you've probably said something of merit) but the fact that you view the penetration of sheep to be less laughable than the consumption of one of its organs surely has to be the best.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:01 pm

123456789 wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Over the course of the last year you have said many things that have interested me (some because of the ludicrousness and statistically at other points you've probably said something of merit) but the fact that you view the penetration of sheep to be less laughable than the consumption of one of its organs surely has to be the best.

Thank you.

You're very welcome

One is based in racist myth, the other, the eating of offal inside a sheep's stomach or bladder by Scottish people, in fact.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:07 am

Just ignore him guys, he's clearly still bitter that there's daylight between Wales and the other home nations in the world rankings
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:20 pm

tigertattie wrote:Just ignore him guys, he's clearly still bitter that there's daylight between Wales and the other home nations in the world rankings

Nae laddie its the haggis which is bitter

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 02 Jan 2018, 9:26 am

So as we head into the New year with the 6N looming Scotland's front row crisis is certainly my main concern, and IMO could be the difference between us having a good 6N (3 wins) and us having a disappointing one (only beating Italy) such is the importance of the front row.

A big part of the concern is just not knowing when everyone will be back, not helped by Cockerill’s change of policy at Edinburgh to not make player’s injuries public. We could end up being OK if some players come back in the next few weeks, or we could get no one back and end up with more injuries! A rough guess at the injury situation is:

Dickinson – unlikely to feature in the 6N (if at all)
Dell – unknown, but unlikely to be fit for the first round of games
Reid – unknown
Marfo – provisional chat was he was going to miss the 1872 and should be back soon. Hopefully it isn’t more than that
Sutherland – apparently due to return this week or the week after, which is a positive. He is only just back from long term injury so really needs a good run of games now.

Ford – unknown
Brown – repeated concussion, may have to take a break

Nel – likely to miss at least the first 2 rounds, may feature at some point
Berghan – Banned for the first game

So based on the above and assuming no more injuries we should be able to put out a competitive starting front row against Wales of Marfo, McInally, Fagerson with Bhattie, Turner and Welsh benching, which isn’t an overly strong bench. Problem is if we lose one of those tightheads or McInally then we’re really screwed – D’arcy Rae and Neil Cochrane??

Hopefully Marfo and Sutherland make a return to action in the next few weeks and Fagerson and Welsh keep away from danger!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 02 Jan 2018, 9:37 am

I was in the pub watching the 2nd leg of the 1872 games and a few of the players were there too.

Marfo is clearly still in a lot of pain, I'm far from a doctor (or have any level of medical knowledge) but he was walking incredibly gingerly, I doubt we'll see him for a while yet. That said, he might just have a very odd walk, and is totally fine, but I suspect he'll be out for a couple of weeks yet.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next