The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rfu at a loss

+4
TightHEAD
BamBam
The Great Aukster
No 7&1/2
8 posters

Go down

Rfu at a loss Empty Rfu at a loss

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 30 Nov 2017, 11:06 am

Went for a news of the world title but there are plenty of positives here. Investment on the up in grassroots and pro rugby. Puts into perspective the water boys and how clubs are compensated and hopefully pushes on the rise of the age grade teams in England.

'In summary, the highlights for the year were:

£184.9m revenue, 20% up on last season with same match profile (2012/13) and unaffected by Rugby World Cup 2015 revenues
Record £99.6m investment in rugby as a whole, rise of 11% over previous year
This despite lower year-on-year revenues due to first year of normal trading following Rugby World Cup 2015
Investment in Professional Rugby £63.7m (up 14% year-on-year), including year one of both Professional Game Agreement and players deal
Investment in Rugby Development £35.9m (up 5% year on year)
Total investment in rugby over complete five-year Strategic Plan £408m, up 16% against target
Publication of new four-year Strategic Plan
Ticket revenues (excluding RWC 2015) increased £17.6m (87%) thanks to four Old Mutual Wealth Series and three Six Nations home internationals
Growth in net assets largely driven by £28.2m of debentures sold including those for the new East Stand facilities'

http://www.englandrugby.com/news/rfu-invests-record-amounts-back-into-rugby/?sf174809781=1

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Rfu at a loss Empty Re: Rfu at a loss

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 30 Nov 2017, 1:22 pm

£100m of the revenue goes to rugby, where does the other £85m go?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 30 Nov 2017, 1:37 pm

Full report as a link in the link. 60 odd.millions. on overheads. Not read the full report tbh.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Nov 2017, 1:38 pm

185m revenue
(31m) Cost of sales
154m Gross profit
(60m) overheads

= 94m for rugby investment

From the profit and loss account here

http://www.englandrugbyfiles.com/annualreport/2017/mobile/index.html#p=48

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:56 pm

Dear RFU,
If you are making that much money then please reduce your ticket costs so that more can watch England play at Twickers.

I've come across a number of youth teams wanting to take their teams to watch England play and inspire the next generation of players but after looking into the cost they simply cannot afford it and have ended up going to Cardiff to watch Wales play instead. Far cheaper.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 01 Dec 2017, 1:01 pm

It's also easier to get tickets for wales.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 01 Dec 2017, 1:27 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Dear RFU,
If you are making that much money then please reduce your ticket costs so that more can watch England play at Twickers.

I've come across a number of youth teams wanting to take their teams to watch England play and inspire the next generation of players but after looking into the cost they simply cannot afford it and have ended up going to Cardiff to watch Wales play instead. Far cheaper.

Why should they reduce prices though?

The tickets are priced at what the ticket buying public deem appropriate, the only way to get the prices down is for the attendances to drop

Were the prices not lower for the Samoa game than the Australia game?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 01 Dec 2017, 1:28 pm

From the ticket site

England v Argentina - Tickets from £40 (Cat 4) to £110 (Premium) >>
England v Australia - Tickets from £70 (Cat 5) to £116 (Cat 1) >>
England v Samoa - Tickets from £30 (Cat 3) to £60 (Cat 1) >>

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 01 Dec 2017, 2:44 pm

marty2086 wrote:

The tickets are priced at what the ticket buying public deem appropriate, the only way to get the prices down is for the attendances to drop

Viewing it like that they are priced too low. I couldn't even get the highest prices tickets through a ballot.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by cascough Fri 01 Dec 2017, 3:16 pm

Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Viewing it like that they are priced too low. I couldn't even get the highest prices tickets through a ballot.

There were some tickets for the Samoa game (less than 100) left the day before kickoff. They ranged in Price, but there were several tickets left for less than £40. I very nearly bought some on a whim, but then ultimately I couldn't afford it due to the travel and accommodation costs.

Which brings me onto Tighthead's point and the assertion that fans are going to watch Wales as England is too expensive. I think I'm going to award that the "It didn't happen award". Let's say the disparity in ticket prices is £40 (it isn't, but let's humour). By the time you have factored in all the expenses related to the trip (which are fixed in the sense that they are nothing to do with the match ticket price), that match ticket disparity is neither here nor there. You can either afford a day at the rugby, or you can't. The match ticket price itself is simple supply and demand and as an England fan, I want the RFU to maximise it's profit to enable it to put the best product possible on the pitch.

cascough

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 03 Dec 2017, 1:46 pm

Dear RFU,

Santy told me to ask yous why are you bean such bullies and not giving sum of your muny around to places like maybe my home down a chimney or something like maybe a Caymen Island hidden account?....and a Darth Vader doll.

Thank you. Very Happy OK

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down