The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James DeGale vs Caleb Truax Result - Spoilers

+4
milkyboy
88Chris05
3fingers
Qoxiivi
8 posters

Go down

James DeGale vs Caleb Truax Result - Spoilers  Empty James DeGale vs Caleb Truax Result - Spoilers

Post by Fernando Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:04 pm

Caleb Truax is the new IBF Super middleweight champion by judges decision 114-114, 115-112, 116-112

DeGale Doh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

James DeGale vs Caleb Truax Result - Spoilers  Empty Re: James DeGale vs Caleb Truax Result - Spoilers

Post by Qoxiivi Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:32 pm

Good. DeGale did the sum total of f-all. He’s such an annoying fighter to watch. RW’s card was a joke; it was 116-112 at least, all day. I’m sure some will claim it’s just his injury, but he’s been like this his whole career, showing flashes of quality, then just backing onto the ropes and doing NOTHING for a full seven rounds or so. Am glad he lost. He deserved to. Congrats to Caleb - totally ordinary, pedestrian pressure-fighter, but that was enough to win against a dismal DeGale.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

James DeGale vs Caleb Truax Result - Spoilers  Empty Re: James DeGale vs Caleb Truax Result - Spoilers

Post by No name Bertie Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:44 pm

From Wikipedia as of now:
"Caleb Truax, alias Golden (born September 14, 1983), is a middleweight professional boxer from Minnesota. He is currently the IBF Super-Middleweight champion since December 2017 after robbing James Degale."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caleb_Truax

I don't think that entry will last long.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:07 am

Degale got some terrible advice in the corner during the mid-rounds "just tap him, tap tap'".

That's literally the WORST thing you can do against a strong pressure fighter who wants to do you over on the inside.

You'll never stop Degale from putting his back to the ropes, but you should be able to stop him being static, inviting attacks and not retaliating before it's too late.

If he's going to hold his feet with his back to the ropes then he needs to preempt an opponents attack before it starts. Calculate the range, stop the attack with long hards shots. NOT tap taps.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:18 am

No name Bertie wrote:From Wikipedia as of now:
"Caleb Truax, alias Golden (born September 14, 1983), is a middleweight professional boxer from Minnesota. He is currently the IBF Super-Middleweight champion since December 2017 after robbing James Degale."

If you take a look now, it's been changed to, 'since battering James Degale.'

laughing
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:56 am

I’m generally pro the Brit  fighter... but degale is such a tool i’m Happy to make an exception. So the guy who loses every round to Jacobs and gets starched in a round by Dirrell, does a number on chunky... heartbreaker.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:57 am

88Chris05 wrote:

laughing
laughing  Just taken a look.  There are two Wikipedia editors fighting each other.  It should settle down after a few hours.

I saw the match and Degale did take a pounding in the fifth.  A very tough fight for Degale and he didn't seem to be properly conditioned / prepared for that fight.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:45 am

No name Bertie wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

laughing
laughing  Just taken a look.  There are two Wikipedia editors fighting each other.  It should settle down after a few hours.

I saw the match and Degale did take a pounding in the fifth.  A very tough fight for Degale and he didn't seem to be properly conditioned / prepared for that fight.

That was me king I didn't Wiki fight though went to bed after Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:48 am

It seems that Chunky committed boxing's cardinal sin and looked past his opponent. Truax wanted the belt more, and that showed. Chunky was underprepared and clearly hadn't trained for a world championship bout. Silly boy.
Merry Christmas Caleb...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:42 pm

Truax a clear winner she fully deserved. Degales face was an absolute mess at the end and I caught say I feel sorry for him. He was dreadful and it was clear when he held the middle of the ring he was much better. Can't see Truax holding the belt for long and hope he makes a few quid whilst he can.

Can't say much for the BT production. Worst of all, why is John Rawling back? Sky ditched him so why do BT think he's a good appointment? Just absolutely dreadful. Some of my favourite quotes:

"Selby tries to throw hard punches"
"Truax looks like he has a hard head"
"Degale is sitting on down on his punches" ok not so bad but said about 30 times
"Truax wins a split decision" it was a majority decision

Simply clueless

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:44 pm

Truax a clear winner she fully deserved. Degales face was an absolute mess at the end and I caught say I feel sorry for him. He was dreadful and it was clear when he held the middle of the ring he was much better. Can't see Truax holding the belt for long and hope he makes a few quid whilst he can.

Can't say much for the BT production. Worst of all, why is John Rawling back? Sky ditched him so why do BT think he's a good appointment? Just absolutely dreadful. Some of my favourite quotes:

"Selby tries to throw hard punches"
"Truax looks like he has a hard head"
"Degale is sitting on down on his punches" ok not so bad but said about 30 times
"Truax wins a split decision" it was a majority decision

Simply clueless

And special mention to Steve Bunce "I thought Degale nicked it".

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down