The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury To resume career

+3
dummy_half
TheSquaredCircle
Nathaniel Jacobs
7 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury To resume career Empty Tyson Fury To resume career

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Tue 12 Dec 2017, 4:05 pm

The lineal and true heavyweight world champion is free to return after Fury and U.K. anti doping have have reached an agreement. Two year back dated ban now clear.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury To resume career Empty Re: Tyson Fury To resume career

Post by TheSquaredCircle Tue 12 Dec 2017, 4:24 pm

Glad he has been allowed to resume. He is a character and will bring life to boxing.

I agree he is lineal as he beat theman (albeit a shell-shocked and possibly unprepared man) but he hasn’t been tested.

He would be exciting In terms of buildup and outcomes against the likes of Price, charr, bellew, Whyte but against the top two......no chance.

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:37 pm

TheSquaredCircle wrote:Glad he has been allowed to resume. He is a character and will bring life to boxing.

I agree he is lineal as he beat theman (albeit a shell-shocked and possibly unprepared man) but he hasn’t been tested.

He would be exciting In terms of buildup and outcomes against the likes of Price, charr, bellew, Whyte but against the top two......no chance.

Thought that was the problem...

Anyway, have to admire the creativity of the Fury's excuse for both returning nandrolone positives. Don't think UKAD have covered themselves in glory with how this has been handled though.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:38 pm

I have to be honest I couldn't stand Tyson....but he's grown on me and now I hate that I love him

He's a character and doesn't feel like it's forced......everything he does seems real and even off screen in peoples social media videos of meeting him he seems like the Tyson we know

He is living off the Wlad win somewhat but he is unbeaten with a decent resume and is a real challenge for the #1 spot at Heavyweight

Joshua is exciting in the ring with his power and slightly suspect chin but I don't really connect with him most do, find him a bit dull and think this nice guy thing is all an act

Happy to see the big man back hopefully he can get in shape and make a good comeback....maybe in 2019 against the Joshua-Wilder winner
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:47 pm

It seems that all Tyson Fury's "mental" issues arose from failing a drugs test and the threat of being labelled a drugs cheat and being given a lengthy ban amidst the biggest win of his career that jettisoned him into global prominence and attention.  

By the book his victory over Klitschko should have been chalked off and replaced with "drugs cheat" as he was found to have nandrolone in his body 9 months before his fight with Klitschko.  What I don't understand if this was such a big issue why the fight wasn't called off beforehand with him receiving a two year ban from Feb 2015 the date he failed the test.  This whole thing seems to have been tied up in legal wrangles which has only now been resolved - but it is still not clear why ukad weren't allowed to impose a ban sooner, rather than this retrospective ban that excludes the period he beat Klitschko - so that career defining win is not removed from the record books.  

Klitschko himself never seemed to make anything out of it - he seemed to accept he got beat fair and square and was just focussed on a refight and revenging his defeat.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42329394
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 14 Dec 2017, 10:13 pm

I don't like the guy. His resume is adequate rather than decent - his win against Wlad is a standout amongst heaps of mediocrity.

I take nothing away from his win as he had the size and perfect game plan to befuddle and frustrate Klitschko. However there's precious little else in his record that screams "best in the world" to me.

The guy is unpredictable, is big and can box. But he is also careless, and his chin is not the greatest. He is a handful, but if a shot cruiser such as Cunningham can floor him I don't see him getting up if Wilder were to connect cleanly.

I think that Fury's next couple of fights will tell us how motivated he is and whether his hiatus has affected him.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:07 pm

Mr Bounce wrote: His resume is adequate rather than decent - his win against Wlad is a standout amongst heaps of mediocrity.

Very much a reflection of the state of talent in the division over the last few years! The thing is that boxing people rate Fury - listen to people who have sparred with both him and Joshua and you find that he absolutely gets his respect from those in the know. That said however, I don't see him coming back to full force after the damage he's done to his body in these last 2 years, especially as a big man that amount of weight can't be good for the joints/back.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down