The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ashes: 4th Test; Boxing Day Test, Melbourne

+19
Marky
Gooseberry
eirebilly
Jetty
No name Bertie
compelling and rich
CaledonianCraig
jimbohammers
JDizzle
alfie
LivinginItaly
Pal Joey
Good Golly I'm Olly
SimonofSurrey
KP_fan
Nathaniel Jacobs
guildfordbat
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
23 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Ashes: 4th Test; Boxing Day Test, Melbourne - Page 3 Empty The Ashes: 4th Test; Boxing Day Test, Melbourne

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

4th Test; Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground; Dates: 26-30 December (23:30 GMT, 25 December)

Expected XIs:

Australia:
Bancroft, Warner, Khawaja, Smith *, S Marsh, M Marsh, Paine †, Bird, Cummins, Lyon, Hazelwood

England:
Cook, Stoneman, Vince, Root *, Malan, Bairstow †, Ali, Woakes, Curran, Broad, Anderson

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Ashes: 4th Test; Boxing Day Test, Melbourne - Page 3 Empty Re: The Ashes: 4th Test; Boxing Day Test, Melbourne

Post by No name Bertie Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:32 am

So if the expected over rate is 90 overs for three sessions of two hours each, England are slightly below the over rate (54 overs in two sessions) and heading to bowl 81 overs in the day - 9 short of what is expected.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

The Ashes: 4th Test; Boxing Day Test, Melbourne - Page 3 Empty Re: The Ashes: 4th Test; Boxing Day Test, Melbourne

Post by alfie Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:40 am

Unfortunately Woakes , who bowled well in that session , starts after tea with a couple of pies...Smith helps himself to an easy boundary...not the start you want after a break.

Beats him outside off then so not all bad.

Really need a good spell from a couple of bowlers now. Get a couple more wickets and this day could yet end up OK. Broad has been better today , I think. But still not quite at his best , for whatever reason. The real Stuart Broad would have had at least one lethal spell by now and here we are match four and still waiting...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:52 am

One for Broad ! Khawaja edges behind...

Has he got a second ? Too high perhaps . Yes...S Marsh saved by umpires call ; but I think that review was reasonable.

England trying again ! Missing leg this time ? Oh so close but good choice not to review that time.

Broad on fire now...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:56 am

I'd be inclined to try and keep Smith quiet for an over or two now. Go hard at Marsh.
Not stop trying to get him out , mind. But bowl one side of the wicket.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:59 am

Broad removes Khawaja and has big appeals straight away against Shsun Marsh. Australia 170for 3 and Smith beginning to get into the groove.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:07 am

Oh dear...

Moeen time. This is usually the signal for Smith & co to go into overdrive. And sure enough he starts with a half volley for a Smith boundary.

No good time to bring on the pie cart I guess. But if this gets Marsh going Root will be cursing...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:26 am

Singles coming easy now - and the odd boundary. Afraid the spinner has released the screws again.

I know he had to bowl at some point ; but I think I'd have asked Jimmy for just two or three overs at SMarsh first. Won't help much keeping the key fast bowlers fresh if they're having to bowl long into tomorrow ... Really need two more wickets today.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:29 am

Moeen's bowling provides opportunities for the batsmen to increase their scoring rate and confidence:
Moeen 6.0 overs 0 maidens 35 runs 5.83 runs / over
Curran 12.0 overs 5 maidens 27 runs 2.25 runs / over
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:29 am

Malan called in to bowl. Root loses confidence in Moeen.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:34 am

Anderson 16.0 overs 2.50 runs / over
Broad .... 17.0 overs 2.35 runs / over
Woakes .. 15.0 overs 3.60 runs / over
Curran ... 12.0 overs 2.25 runs / over
Moeen ..... 6.0 overs 5.83 runs/ over & dropped for now for:
Malan ...... 1.0 over 4.00 runs / over

Last edited by No name Bertie on Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:36 am; edited 2 times in total
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:35 am

No name Bertie wrote:Malan called in to bowl.  Root loses confidence in Moeen.

Root must have received my text Smile

Malan did quite well in Perth and I think he's well worth a try...glad to see Root not waiting until five minutes to midnight to make the change.

I think the truth is that Moeen has lost confidence in Moeen...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:39 am

Is Moeen just not good enough for these conditions or is it just a temporary loss of form and then with it confidence (a so-called vicious cycle)?
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:41 am

Moeen 6.0 overs 5.83 runs/ over
Malan 2.0 overs 2.50 runs / over

So looks like Malan should perhaps be the go to bowler to rest the medium - fast bowlers.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:02 am

No name Bertie wrote:Is Moeen just not good enough for these conditions or is it just a temporary loss of form and then with it confidence (a so-called vicious cycle)?

Bit of both , I think , Bertie.

Moeen has a good record at home , and did quite well in SA . But I never expected him to be a force on Australian pitches. Few visiting finger spinners are ; and I think we'd all accept that he isn't top class.

What I'd hoped for though was a bit of control - which he just hasn't delivered.

Three reasons I think : one , he had little warm up due to the injury he got at practice just off the plane ; two the finger problem which hampered him when he did start bowling also did nothing for his spirits ; and three : as we already know , his confidence is a bit fragile , and hasn't survived some early poor returns on this trip.

Can he bounce back at home or in NZ ? Maybe : though with his batting producing nothing at present (which also hasn't helped his bowling , I suspect) I suppose his place may come under some pressure shortly. One to watch.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:05 am

Moeen 6.0 overs 5.83 runs / over
Malan  5.0 overs 1.60 runs / over

ps Thanks alfie for your reflections on Moeen. It seems that consideration of the conditions is fairly important - there seems to be an assumption that if bowlers do well in English conditions they should be picked for overseas tests even when the conditions are completely different.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:10 am

Question to ask has to be why was air fare wasted on Mason Crane? He is deemed not up to replacing a woefully out of touch Ali.

It says something when a part-timer has far better figures than your premier spinner.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:13 am

Now we have a like for like comparison:
Moeen 6.0 overs 35 runs
Malan 6.0 overs 13 runs

It seems to me that Malan's impact as a bowler in these conditions has been a complete surprise?
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:16 am

Ali has always been a bowler prone to chucking in one or two loose deliveries per over so it makes the task if him tying down an end impossible. Malan here has just bowled good tight lines and lengths and throttled scoring.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:30 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Ali has always been a bowler prone to chucking in one or two loose deliveries per over so it makes the task if him tying down an end impossible. Malan here has just bowled good tight lines and lengths and throttled scoring.

Could also be that Australia aren't at all threatened by Malan and are quite happy to let him bowl a bunch of overs while they preserve their wickets for a planned onslaught tomorrow Smile

No :Seriously - I agree Malan has done a decent job. Has served to cover for Moeen's deficiencies today : the trouble is Australia are in no real hurry as they are confident they'll be able to make hay in the sunshine tomorrow...and unlike England they have Lyon as a potential wicket taker to aid the scoreboard pressure they'll be able to put on England later in the match.

Can't help feeling England have bowled better than this score line shows. But it is what it is ; and tomorrow looms as a real challenge .

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:38 am

Just to add though that Rashid also suffers from chucking in one or two loose deliveries an over. Very frustrating.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:01 am

Australia's day. They close on 244 for 3 with the new ball almost 4 overs old. Australia in command with Smith and Shaun Marsh building a big partnership.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:22 am

Yes only three down so they're poised to cash in tomorrow ...

Actually been pretty even in terms of play , with the runs being strangled rather successfully after a fast start , despite there being nothing in the pitch or the atmosphere for the bowlers. But England needed to grab a couple more wickets ; and Smith just looks impervious to anything they thow at him.

Getting Australia for under 500 will be difficult. You'd hope the visiting bats could respond in kind ; but they'll have been cooked in the sun for a fair while before they take strike. Going to take more of the good spirit they've shown today...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:31 am

alfie wrote:So like Wood and Stokes before him , Curran has his first Test wicket deferred due to a retrospective no ball call. Just what England needed  Smile
Always a little anxious when checking the Stokes landing position after a wicket but hadn't been expecting that one : is Curran prone to overstepping ? The Surrey mob would know...

Evening / morning Alfie and all - I can't think of Curran having any real issue with overstepping. You can't ignore that a no ball is bad bowling but it was bad luck to bowl it when he did. It would have been a greater test of Curran's resolve to recover from that non-wicket than if he had been carted for several boundaries. Barring the all important end column, his analysis tonight doesn't read too badly and suggests he did ok.

Other thoughts.

Saw play to lunch and then the final half-hour. At 100+/0 at lunch, I was expectecting over 300 at close. We obviously pegged it back in the second and third sessions. That's despite Moeen going at almost a run a ball in his 6 overs. I suspect we've all lost faith in England ever getting back into a match on this tour once we go behind and feel a bit downcast now as Australia are shading it with Smith ominously still there. That's understandable but I would suggest it was a reasonable day for England (certainly if looking at it in isolation) given the favourable batting track and conditions.

Credit to Bancroft in the opening session. He was never comfortable but he was never out. I couldn't help feeling sympathy for Stoneman though. He's battled hard as well this series and looked more comfortable than Bancroft today. However, Stoneman has had the feeble (in this series) Cook to partner him rather than the all powerful Warner. Always easier when others around you are playing and doing well.

As Alfie and I have repeatedly said, Dawson should have been in the party as back up for Moeen. Crane was predominantly there in the highly unlikely event of a spinner's wicket being played on and then he would have been a foil for Moeen.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:10 am

Not a bad effort that from England imo - pitch was offering literally nothing from ball one, so to restrict the scoring to the extent they did showed good application and control. Especially after the fast start Warner got.

Only problem is that darn Steve Smith is still in...and on this pitch he could be on for another double hundred.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:03 am

Could have been worse, then, but Australia are still well in front.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:46 pm

alfie wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Providing he proves his fitness with the Lions, I’d imagine we see Roland Jones back in for the NZ tour ahead of Woakes (as much as I rate him he’s been rubbish this series)

You might be right there , Olly.  I still have hopes for Woakes but this tour has been a real disappointment for him...

Small point on TRJ. I appreciate needs must etc. However, imo he's more a good number 9 than a genuine 8. A first class batting average of 22 from 133 innings with 9 fifties and one century tends to support that view.

If TRJ does replace Woakes in NZ, it would be handy if Stokes was back to enable TRJ to slot in at 9. There again, a lot would be handier if Stokes was back! Smile

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Here is my view at the end of D1

--Eng did get win of sorts in 2nd session......limiting Aus to 40odd for 2 wickets in an entire session.
But to drive home  the advantage you need a mystery spinner or a big turning spinner of seamers willing to dig it in and make the opposition hop,and jump around with captaincy willing to set fielding to catch them....

--from Aussie perspective they were below potential in scratching around for so long....given the fast scoring that Warner did
Khawaja should not have gotten as many chances as he did but couldn't seal his spot....
although fear is he will get another 50 in easy 2nd inning conditions and hang on for a bit longer.
His shot selection and temperament isn't good enough for this level.

--Tim Curran is more of the same...Overtonish stuff....better than medium pace of Ronnie Irani but no better than Bresnan

Ali makes me speculate of some unwritten affirmative action policy to give one seat to Asians and /or Muslims origin cricketers..... by all White cricketing nations....(reaffirmed by Khawaja's prolonged inclusion)  Very Happy  Very Happy

--The biggest problem is Kid Joe.....he just can't look beyond the template of captaincy handed out to him...same formulaic approach....and he gets told not to worry by veterans Cook/ Broad / Anderson....we all get walloped 5-0 and no shame, no need to break sweat
and the kid doesn't look like growing into  a man for 5 more years....

Eng had 3 captains that I have seen.....with fire in their belly, tactically astute & wanting to break the mold and work differently in Hussain, Vaughn and KP
Hussain brought them quite a distance into being a thinking / fighting unit... but fell short owing to the vanity of an immigrant trying to "live up to the standard"...and gave up faster than he should have

Vaughan was more astute...didn't have the immigrants inhibition of Hussain but lacked the same fire

KP could had all the ingredients to become a  great captain... but was far too rebellious....and the in an environment where the establishment is self-preserving

And that's when the establishment decided to kill "the independent captain"...and started rolling out these template-driven-gentlemen clones...Strauss,Cook, Root ...all follow the formula & Flower-template...without deviating too much left or right
and take defeat outside their comfort zone as their destiny.
Stokes could be a different captain.....and at is peak Broad too may have been.

--Back to this test match....Aus should get 450 atleast...and then we will see their 3 seamers dig it in.....and Lyon extract vicious turn...and the game will go down the same trajectory as the first 3 tests have.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:12 pm

That’s funny because Root’s captaincy has been unorthodox in the extreme, not a tired template lacking originality.

Not sure how being an immigrant makes a difference.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:15 pm

I think it was Swann on BT commentary who was laboring the point about how much Root's batting had suffered since taking on the captaincy. Stats show differently though as his batting average has fallen by less than two runs per innings. I don't really see that there were any other options screaming out to become captain in any case. This just seems like the pundits and media looking for another reason to explain away the hammering. The simple bare bones of it is that the bowling has under-performed and been under-strength and the batting has not put enoufgh runs on the board.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:07 pm

Duty281 wrote:That’s funny because Root’s captaincy has been unorthodox in the extreme, not a tired template lacking originality.

Actually watching the games won’t sway KP_F’s pre conceived opinions...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetty Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:51 pm

I thought Curran was excellent on his debut. Economy of 2.58 and helped Anderson get Warner's wicket. 8.3 overs between them for 8 runs that led to that wicket.

Jetty

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:58 pm

I have two thoughts on KP_fan's comment.
a) I thought that overall Andrew Strauss was a good England captain and he himself was a fine opening batsman.
b) I think Moeen's place in the England side is more or less on merit - he is a reasonably good spin bowler and a very decent middle order batsman in English conditions.  

I think Michael Vaughn put his finger on the issue in saying that the England team has a group of senior players that have a certain group influence which makes any one of them unlikely to be dropped even when they are out of form or for conditions for which they are not really suited to.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Duty281 wrote:That’s funny because Root’s captaincy has been unorthodox in the extreme, not a tired template lacking originality.

Guys in my view there is difference between following 3 elements:

1)Tactics...like when to bring spinner, who to bowl in tandem, swapping batting order....
2)Strategy..... squad, composition of team 3 pacers or 4 or 5 batsmen
3) Approach to the game / Brand of Cricket one plays......
for examples Eng's brand of cricket in limited overs has decisively changed in last few years.....to very aggressive and keep-going at you
for example How Virat Kohli approaches test cricket as decisively changed into a more aggressive, in your face, score fast , use fast bowlers to unsettle ....have a genuine 90mph bowlers.....etc etc

Tactically every captain ( Root included) may be diffrent
on strategy and approach.......the formula/ template for test cricket remains same since Strauss came in

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:18 pm

KP_fan wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:

Guys in my view there is difference between following 3 elements:

1)Tactics...like when to bring spinner, who to bowl in tandem, swapping batting order....
2)Strategy..... squad, composition of team 3 pacers or 4 or 5 batsmen
3) Approach to the game / Brand of Cricket one plays......
for examples Eng's brand of cricket in limited overs has decisively changed in last few years.....to very aggressive and keep-going at you
for example How Virat Kohli approaches test cricket as decisively changed into a more aggressive, in your face, score fast , use fast bowlers to unsettle ....have a genuine 90mph bowlers.....etc etc

Tactically every captain ( Root included) may be diffrent
on strategy and approach.......the formula/ template for test cricket remains same since Strauss came in

This isn't true though is it. Back when Strauss came in as skipper and when England were most successful during that time, there batting success was built on the strength and stability of the top 3 of Cook, AS and Trott - which allowed players like KP and Prior to play with freedom later on. Now, the batting is built on great depth (Stokes is key to this) whereby they trust one or two of 8 or 9 batsmen to come off an innings to get them to a score. A totally different approach.

The same on the bowling too - back in 2010/2011, England solely went with 4 bowlers (Anderson, Broad, Bressie/Tremlett/Finn and Swann) now they almost always play with 5. How the side is put together has changed completely from 2010.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:45 pm

No name Bertie wrote:

I think Michael Vaughn put his finger on the issue in saying that the England team has a group of senior players that have a certain group influence which makes any one of them unlikely to be dropped even when they are out of form or for conditions for which they are not really suited to.

Bertie - which players did Vaughan name as being denied a place due to this group influence?

Senior players almost by definition are likely to have some credit in the bank due to their past successes and so it's not unreasonable they be given some leeway to come good. Undoubtedly the key word there is ''some''. Inevitably there'll be some discretion and flexibility as to ''how long is too long''. For it to drastically reduce, other players need to be banging forcefully on the door. I don't think that is currently the case which takes me back to my question above.

This clearly relates in large part to Moeen. I'm not going to die in a ditch saying he should play in the final Test but, as always, I won't name my team for the next Test until the end of this one. Furthermore, a replacement (Crane? Ballance? Overton? Ball?) may do better than Moeen's performances in this series but the balance of the side will still be lacking and we shouldn't overlook that will still need addressing.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:08 pm

Standard for England then: quick wickets needed in the morning, or Australia will be massive favourites to win the test. Bloody standard. Bloody typical.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:03 am

Smith chops on! Again! Second First test wicket for Curran.

Have to say, England haven't looked like getting a wicket so far. Not even close. But they've had some fortune.

Opportunity now...

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:04 am

Well what a first test wicket to pick up. Tom Curran gets Steve Smith playing on. Australia 260 for 4.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:22 am

Another gift as Mitch Marsh drags on a Chris Woakes delivery and Australia are suddenly 278 for 5.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:22 am

Now woakes gets Mitch marsh , same sort of dismissal.

On a separate note, really liking Mike Hussey on comms

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:28 am

England will beat ‘em with drag-ons. Not the sort that St. George never slayed, mind.

282/5...chance for England.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:32 am

I think it is England benefitting from throttling the run rate. The batsmen are itching to push on and are throwing their bat at more balls and one or two have slow and low bounce.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:34 am

Now its Alison Mitchell and Graeme Swann. My ears are bleeding

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:45 am

jimbohammers wrote:Now woakes gets Mitch marsh , same sort of dismissal.

The best thing being he's not Graeme Swann Wink ... but yeah, I heard him at the end of day one and thought he was good when dealing with questions from BT's resident clown Smith.

Luck going England's way in the first hour but some was definitely due to us this series. Excluding Australians, you would be a hard man to begrudge Curran his wicket.

298/5. A couple more wickets in the 45 minutes before lunch would certainly make it interesting although it already points to another game of catch up for England.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 am

Shaun Marsh goes lbw to Broad. Good use of the review by the bowling side and a deserved wicket for Broad who has been on the money.

Jumbo Cummins to the wicket. We really want him to pack his trunk soon.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:10 am

Broad traps Shaun Marsh lbw given out after review. Australia now 318 for 6. Been a good morning for England but they can't afford to allow the tail to wag.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:14 am

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbohammers wrote:Now woakes gets Mitch marsh , same sort of dismissal.

The best thing being he's not Graeme Swann Wink   ... but yeah, I heard him at the end of day one and thought he was good when dealing with questions from BT's resident clown Smith.

Luck going England's way in the first hour but some was definitely due to us this series. Excluding Australians, you would be a hard man to begrudge Curran his wicket.

298/5. A couple more wickets in the 45 minutes before lunch would certainly make it interesting although it already points to another game of catch up for England.

I'm thrilled for the lad, guildford.
He really was unlucky yesterday... probably the adrenaline carried him over the line for that particular delivery. He's bowling well.
Good to see Broad get a touch of his rhythm and mojo back too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:17 am

Another drag on... this time Paine. He was looking good.
Think they will be happy with 350 runs if possible. Dreams of 400 pretty much gone now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:18 am

And now Paine chops on. Another wicket for Anderson and Australia are 318 for 7.

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:19 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Another drag on... this time Paine. He was looking good.
Think they will be happy with 350 runs if possible. Dreams of 400 pretty much gone now.

Lots of drag ons. I can see the same fate befalling a number of England batsmen.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next