Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

RiscaGame wrote:Their backs. Wow.

Jackman really can't settle on a hooker mind.

Just saw Simon Thomas tweet Leon Brown has suffered a second concussion. If that's so, I wonder if that means the first wasn't really dealt with properly?

Are you sure ? I've read it that he suffered a concussion so he hasn't been picked INCASE he suffers another.
munkian

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed May 16, 2018 3:50 pm

He was never given a fair crack of the whip this season. Kirchner a better ten, apparently.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Oracle on Wed May 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Stone Motif wrote:http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16227782.O_Brien_earns_Scarlets_move_after_Dragons_exit/

We can add AoB to the official list of players good enough to play for much better teams but not good enough for Banned Snackman. Shame, good player.

Superb clap Made me chuckle!

But on a serious note, yes I was thinking the same. And I expect he’ll do quite well down there. Bet he gets a good bit of game time.
The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame on Wed May 16, 2018 8:01 pm

Just another thing that makes me doubt Jackman. Being reminded of that Kirchner decision (that nobody at the Dragons has really explained) makes me sad.

Then tonight I saw (thanks to another tweeter mentioning who follows him) he follows Owen Robins on twitter. Now I’ve realised I’m never going to like him, even if he sweeps the league etc next season. To be fair, he didn’t totally start too well thanks to what he did to Ryan Jones (Ireland v Wales 08), but I did try and give him a chance Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif on Wed May 16, 2018 10:03 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Just another thing that makes me doubt Jackman. Being reminded of that Kirchner decision (that nobody at the Dragons has really explained) makes me sad.

Then tonight I saw (thanks to another tweeter mentioning who follows him) he follows Owen Robins on twitter. Now I’ve realised I’m never going to like him, even if he sweeps the league etc next season. To be fair, he didn’t totally start too well thanks to what he did to Ryan Jones (Ireland v Wales 08), but I did try and give him a chance Wink
Have a listen to Ryan Jones doing his corporate motivational speaking gig these days and the prescience of Bernie's cheap shot will be revealed
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif on Thu May 17, 2018 6:57 am

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16231721.CHRIS_KIRWAN__Dragons_can_reflect_on_a_promising_recruitment_window/

Not too often I disagree with this guy but he's trying to tout for season tickets here. However:
Chris Kirwan wrote: as ever, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating
Bravo Chris.
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian on Thu May 17, 2018 7:39 am

Wales call for Dragons duo Hewitt and Wainwright

Well deserved, even if it is on the back of Gatland's mindgames with the English prem
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am

RiscaGame wrote:Then tonight I saw (thanks to another tweeter mentioning who follows him) he follows Owen Robins on twitter. Now I’ve realised I’m never going to like him, even if he sweeps the league etc next season.

I'm going to put that down to Jackman wanting to have a full understanding of Welsh rugby. But Owen Robins is beyond all human understanding.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame on Thu May 17, 2018 11:45 am

Stone Motif wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Just another thing that makes me doubt Jackman. Being reminded of that Kirchner decision (that nobody at the Dragons has really explained) makes me sad.

Have a listen to Ryan Jones doing his corporate motivational speaking gig these days and the prescience of Bernie's cheap shot will be revealed

I’m surprised I’ve never heard it before.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame on Thu May 17, 2018 11:47 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Then tonight I saw (thanks to another tweeter mentioning who follows him) he follows Owen Robins on twitter. Now I’ve realised I’m never going to like him, even if he sweeps the league etc next season.

I'm going to put that down to Jackman wanting to have a full understanding of Welsh rugby. But Owen Robins is beyond all human understanding.

I’d have hoped he might’ve realised his mistake by now Very Happy. Then again, that would be admitting to a mistake, which doesn’t usually happen.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame on Thu May 17, 2018 11:48 am

Delighted for Hewitt and Wainwright, though I suspect they won’t play much/at all. Hopefully they train well and make future squads now. Plus we might as well sling in a bid for Adams and get him home to maintain his international ambitions ha.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif on Thu May 17, 2018 2:14 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Delighted for Hewitt and Wainwright, though I suspect they won’t play much/at all. Hopefully they train well and make future squads now. Plus we might as well sling in a bid for Adams and get him home to maintain his international ambitions ha.
Good idea what with our shortage of back three players
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 am

Hewitt's been called up before once but had to pull out (I'm sure that's right), so hopefully as you say he takes the chance to show them what he can do. Wainwright's been tireless this season so it's great for him that he's been called up, even it's not ideal how it's come about.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian on Fri May 18, 2018 9:28 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Hewitt's been called up before once but had to pull out (I'm sure that's right), so hopefully as you say he takes the chance to show them what he can do. Wainwright's been tireless this season so it's great for him that he's been called up, even it's not ideal how it's come about.

Aye, think Hewitt finally got a call up last November but went down with an injury.
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 am

I really hope we put him in space more often next season. He doesn't need much!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian on Fri May 18, 2018 9:58 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I really hope we put him in space more often next season. He doesn't need much!

Very true, lad has gas.
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri May 18, 2018 10:02 am

He's like an eel the way he gets out of tackles.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif on Mon May 21, 2018 7:53 pm

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/cardiff-blues-dragons-ready-fight-14687454

Don't you fckin dare Bernard
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Yesterday at 9:08 am

This is hilarious and sad at the same time. If the Dragons can outbid the Blues to sign a reject like Ashley, no doubt it would be seen as a success.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Yesterday at 9:12 am

VinceWLB wrote:This is hilarious and sad at the same time. If the Dragons can outbid the Blues to sign a reject like Ashley, no doubt it would be seen as a success.

The Dragons outbid their owners to sign Moriarty, all without any money in the bank to yet pay for it.
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Yesterday at 4:47 pm

Stone Motif wrote:https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/cardiff-blues-dragons-ready-fight-14687454

Don't you fckin dare Bernard

We don’t need him. We only need to play one lock next season, with Nansen covering both lock positions easily. Hill can have a well earned rest too.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum