Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 1:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

RiscaGame wrote:Their backs. Wow.

Jackman really can't settle on a hooker mind.

Just saw Simon Thomas tweet Leon Brown has suffered a second concussion. If that's so, I wonder if that means the first wasn't really dealt with properly?

Are you sure ? I've read it that he suffered a concussion so he hasn't been picked INCASE he suffers another.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down


Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 16 May 2018, 4:50 pm

He was never given a fair crack of the whip this season. Kirchner a better ten, apparently.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22789
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by The Oracle on Wed 16 May 2018, 7:01 pm

Stone Motif wrote:http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16227782.O_Brien_earns_Scarlets_move_after_Dragons_exit/

We can add AoB to the official list of players good enough to play for much better teams but not good enough for Banned Snackman. Shame, good player.


Superb clap Made me chuckle!


But on a serious note, yes I was thinking the same. And I expect he’ll do quite well down there. Bet he gets a good bit of game time.
avatar
The Oracle

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by RiscaGame on Wed 16 May 2018, 9:01 pm

Just another thing that makes me doubt Jackman. Being reminded of that Kirchner decision (that nobody at the Dragons has really explained) makes me sad.

Then tonight I saw (thanks to another tweeter mentioning who follows him) he follows Owen Robins on twitter. Now I’ve realised I’m never going to like him, even if he sweeps the league etc next season. To be fair, he didn’t totally start too well thanks to what he did to Ryan Jones (Ireland v Wales 08), but I did try and give him a chance Wink

RiscaGame

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 16 May 2018, 11:03 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Just another thing that makes me doubt Jackman. Being reminded of that Kirchner decision (that nobody at the Dragons has really explained) makes me sad.

Then tonight I saw (thanks to another tweeter mentioning who follows him) he follows Owen Robins on twitter. Now I’ve realised I’m never going to like him, even if he sweeps the league etc next season. To be fair, he didn’t totally start too well thanks to what he did to Ryan Jones (Ireland v Wales 08), but I did try and give him a chance Wink
Have a listen to Ryan Jones doing his corporate motivational speaking gig these days and the prescience of Bernie's cheap shot will be revealed
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2632
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 17 May 2018, 7:57 am

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16231721.CHRIS_KIRWAN__Dragons_can_reflect_on_a_promising_recruitment_window/

Not too often I disagree with this guy but he's trying to tout for season tickets here. However:
Chris Kirwan wrote: as ever, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating
Bravo Chris.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2632
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Thu 17 May 2018, 8:39 am

Wales call for Dragons duo Hewitt and Wainwright

Well deserved, even if it is on the back of Gatland's mindgames with the English prem
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 17 May 2018, 10:19 am

RiscaGame wrote:Then tonight I saw (thanks to another tweeter mentioning who follows him) he follows Owen Robins on twitter. Now I’ve realised I’m never going to like him, even if he sweeps the league etc next season.

I'm going to put that down to Jackman wanting to have a full understanding of Welsh rugby. But Owen Robins is beyond all human understanding.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22789
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 17 May 2018, 12:45 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Just another thing that makes me doubt Jackman. Being reminded of that Kirchner decision (that nobody at the Dragons has really explained) makes me sad.

Then tonight I saw (thanks to another tweeter mentioning who follows him) he follows Owen Robins on twitter. Now I’ve realised I’m never going to like him, even if he sweeps the league etc next season. To be fair, he didn’t totally start too well thanks to what he did to Ryan Jones (Ireland v Wales 08), but I did try and give him a chance Wink
Have a listen to Ryan Jones doing his corporate motivational speaking gig these days and the prescience of Bernie's cheap shot will be revealed

I’m surprised I’ve never heard it before.

RiscaGame

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 17 May 2018, 12:47 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Then tonight I saw (thanks to another tweeter mentioning who follows him) he follows Owen Robins on twitter. Now I’ve realised I’m never going to like him, even if he sweeps the league etc next season.

I'm going to put that down to Jackman wanting to have a full understanding of Welsh rugby. But Owen Robins is beyond all human understanding.

I’d have hoped he might’ve realised his mistake by now Very Happy. Then again, that would be admitting to a mistake, which doesn’t usually happen.

RiscaGame

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 17 May 2018, 12:48 pm

Delighted for Hewitt and Wainwright, though I suspect they won’t play much/at all. Hopefully they train well and make future squads now. Plus we might as well sling in a bid for Adams and get him home to maintain his international ambitions ha.

RiscaGame

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 17 May 2018, 3:14 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Delighted for Hewitt and Wainwright, though I suspect they won’t play much/at all. Hopefully they train well and make future squads now. Plus we might as well sling in a bid for Adams and get him home to maintain his international ambitions ha.
Good idea what with our shortage of back three players
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2632
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 18 May 2018, 10:27 am

Hewitt's been called up before once but had to pull out (I'm sure that's right), so hopefully as you say he takes the chance to show them what he can do. Wainwright's been tireless this season so it's great for him that he's been called up, even it's not ideal how it's come about.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22789
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Fri 18 May 2018, 10:28 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Hewitt's been called up before once but had to pull out (I'm sure that's right), so hopefully as you say he takes the chance to show them what he can do. Wainwright's been tireless this season so it's great for him that he's been called up, even it's not ideal how it's come about.

Aye, think Hewitt finally got a call up last November but went down with an injury.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 18 May 2018, 10:38 am

I really hope we put him in space more often next season. He doesn't need much!

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22789
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Fri 18 May 2018, 10:58 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I really hope we put him in space more often next season. He doesn't need much!

Very true, lad has gas.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 18 May 2018, 11:02 am

He's like an eel the way he gets out of tackles.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22789
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Stone Motif on Mon 21 May 2018, 8:53 pm

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/cardiff-blues-dragons-ready-fight-14687454

Don't you fckin dare Bernard
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2632
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by VinceWLB on Tue 22 May 2018, 10:08 am

This is hilarious and sad at the same time. If the Dragons can outbid the Blues to sign a reject like Ashley, no doubt it would be seen as a success.


VinceWLB

Posts : 3780
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by PhilBB on Tue 22 May 2018, 10:12 am

VinceWLB wrote:This is hilarious and sad at the same time. If the Dragons can outbid the Blues to sign a reject like Ashley, no doubt it would be seen as a success.


The Dragons outbid their owners to sign Moriarty, all without any money in the bank to yet pay for it.
avatar
PhilBB

Posts : 4428
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 22 May 2018, 5:47 pm

Stone Motif wrote:https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/cardiff-blues-dragons-ready-fight-14687454

Don't you fckin dare Bernard

We don’t need him. We only need to play one lock next season, with Nansen covering both lock positions easily. Hill can have a well earned rest too.

RiscaGame

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 25 May 2018, 10:42 am

Renewed my season ticket this morning. It's an illness.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22789
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Stone Motif on Fri 25 May 2018, 12:25 pm

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16250382.Fly-half_Jones_leaves_Dragons_for_France/

My hopes that even we wouldn't have let TBFHTCOOGSDW take a big money move to France in-contract without some sort of transfer fee have been sobered by the thought that we would just go and spend it on Gashley
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2632
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by RiscaGame on Fri 25 May 2018, 6:19 pm

It’s all for the new hotel etc.

RiscaGame

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat 26 May 2018, 6:02 am

6 wins is the target then.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6518
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by RiscaGame on Sat 26 May 2018, 12:35 pm

If you believe Andy Howell, as some like to yes.

RiscaGame

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Stone Motif on Sun 27 May 2018, 10:12 am

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16252808.Unlucky_Hewitt_suffers_another_Wales_injury_blow/

Bad luck, or are unnecessary beastings still de rigeur in Team Wales these days? Hope this doesn't knock into next season.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2632
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Tue 29 May 2018, 9:43 am

Looks like we are getting Shaun Edwards in an advisory coaching role next season, massive boost if it goes through.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 29 May 2018, 2:50 pm

Good news. We certainly needed to do something, as our defence wasn't great last season.

Just hope Howley doesn't follow part time too Wink

Shame for Hewitt. Sounded like he probably would've started on Saturday from what Howley was saying about 15 carries (or whatever it was).

RiscaGame

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Tue 29 May 2018, 3:01 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Good news. We certainly needed to do something, as our defence wasn't great last season.

Just hope Howley doesn't follow part time too Wink

Shame for Hewitt. Sounded like he probably would've started on Saturday from what Howley was saying about 15 carries (or whatever it was).

Rubbish isn't it ? Kid can't catch a break.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed 30 May 2018, 4:34 am

If Edwards defence drills weren’t so out of date I’m almost certain Wales would concede less tries. I’ll wait and see.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Wed 30 May 2018, 8:14 am

We conceded 10 tries last six nations - is that comparatively poor ?

He did a lot of good for Cardiff.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by The Oracle on Wed 30 May 2018, 9:12 am

I think there was that 6N where Wales only conceded like 2 tries or something and then I guess everything after that is going to be poorer by those standards. But the game has evolved since then too and it’s much more open now. 10 tries conceded doesn’t seem excessive to me for 5 games. 2 per game, with oppositions trying to score 4 for the BP.
avatar
The Oracle

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Wed 30 May 2018, 9:27 am

The Oracle wrote:I think there was that 6N where Wales only conceded like 2 tries or something and then I guess everything after that is going to be poorer by those standards. But the game has evolved since then too and it’s much more open now. 10 tries conceded doesn’t seem excessive to me for 5 games. 2 per game, with oppositions trying to score 4 for the BP.

Four of those were conceded against Ireland including an interception - but then we score 3 or 4 in response.

One was Scotland's consolation try after we'd smashed them.

2 were against England away.

It's not our weakest area.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by The Oracle on Wed 30 May 2018, 9:41 am

This headline won't go down well outside Dragon-landia:

"Dragons plotting next recruitment drive as boss Jackman is given more spending power"

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16257567.Dragons_plotting_next_recruitment_drive_as_boss_Jackman_is_given_more_spending_power/

This bit is interesting. The bit in bold. What does he mean by the 'distribution model for Welsh rugby'? Seems to be implying that we've always got less funding???

""What shocked me coming into Welsh rugby was the difference between the Dragons' budget and everybody else's," he said.

"[Our] supporters and other teams' supporters are judging us by the same standards but looking at the numbers it was like comparing a Championship team's budget to one in the Premier League.

"I was genuinely shocked how far we were behind the other regions, and we continue to be behind.

"That is largely driven by the fact that the distribution model for Welsh rugby meant the Dragons were the poor relation and were that over a long period of time. That created a self-fulfilling prophecy that we invested the least in the playing squad over a long period of time"

avatar
The Oracle

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Wed 30 May 2018, 10:12 am

It's great news, CF10 will lose their poopie demanding transparency though.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by RiscaGame on Wed 30 May 2018, 11:02 am

Meant to read that on my lunch. Very interesting, particularly the distribution model.

RiscaGame

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 30 May 2018, 11:12 am

The Oracle wrote:This headline won't go down well outside Dragon-landia:

"Dragons plotting next recruitment drive as boss Jackman is given more spending power"

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/16257567.Dragons_plotting_next_recruitment_drive_as_boss_Jackman_is_given_more_spending_power/

This bit is interesting.  The bit in bold.  What does he mean by the 'distribution model for Welsh rugby'?  Seems to be implying that we've always got less funding???

""What shocked me coming into Welsh rugby was the difference between the Dragons' budget and everybody else's," he said.

"[Our] supporters and other teams' supporters are judging us by the same standards but looking at the numbers it was like comparing a Championship team's budget to one in the Premier League.

"I was genuinely shocked how far we were behind the other regions, and we continue to be behind.

"That is largely driven by the fact that the distribution model for Welsh rugby meant the Dragons were the poor relation and were that over a long period of time. That created a self-fulfilling prophecy that we invested the least in the playing squad over a long period of time"


He's obfuscating a little, by distribution model he means payment for players supplied to Team Wales. So, the distribution model ultimately hasn't favoured us because we haven't invested in the team. Whose fault that is is up for debate.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2632
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by The Oracle on Wed 30 May 2018, 11:18 am

I thought we always received the same money for that as I remember the other regions kicking off about us getting the same money for only supplying 1 or 2 players (or none sometimes) a season.
avatar
The Oracle

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 30 May 2018, 12:13 pm

The Oracle wrote:I thought we always received the same money for that as I remember the other regions kicking off about us getting the same money for only supplying 1 or 2 players (or none sometimes) a season.
Yeah for the access you're right, sorry should have been clearer, I meant we were disadvantaged in terms of salary savings via the NDCs which were effectively a subsidy for having international players on your books. We had basically a percentage of Amos and Tyler Morgan plus some under 20s I think and that's it
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2632
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by The Oracle on Wed 30 May 2018, 1:23 pm

Ah ok, gotcha. Makes sense.
avatar
The Oracle

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 31 May 2018, 4:05 am

munkian wrote:We conceded 10 tries last six nations - is that comparatively poor ?

He did a lot of good for Cardiff.

Conceding 5 against Ireland is poor, and there’s also the matter of the AI where we conceded many. You’re also forgetting all the previous years where it hasn’t been good enough. I’m assuming your expectations are pretty low.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Thu 31 May 2018, 8:05 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
munkian wrote:We conceded 10 tries last six nations - is that comparatively poor ?

He did a lot of good for Cardiff.

Conceding 5 against Ireland is poor, and there’s also the matter of the AI where we conceded many. You’re also forgetting all the previous years where it hasn’t been good enough. I’m assuming your expectations are pretty low.

Conceding tries against the Grand Slam champions, European champions and League champions is poor ? Gotcha.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 31 May 2018, 11:02 am

We conceded 94 tries in 21 games this season. Anything's an improvement after that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22789
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 31 May 2018, 11:04 am

Some good performances by Dragons players for the under-20s yesterday, Taine Basham and Max Williams in particular.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22789
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Thu 31 May 2018, 11:19 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Some good performances by Dragons players for the under-20s yesterday, Taine Basham and Max Williams in particular.

Yeah, both very good prospects, we'll need a back up 8 if Moriarty gets called up or injured.

Who was our replacement prop ? He was an absolute unit
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 31 May 2018, 11:32 am

Oh I don't know. I think the starting tighthead was a Dragons player.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22789
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 39
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 31 May 2018, 1:36 pm

Cai Evans (Ospreys); Rio Dyer (Dragons), Corey Baldwin, Ioan Nicholas, Ryan Conbeer (all Scarlets); Ben Jones, Dane Blacker; Rhys Carre, Iestyn Harris (all Cardiff Blues), Rhys Henry (Ospreys), Rhys Davies (Bath), Max Williams (Dragons), Tommy Reffell (capt, Leicester Tigers), Taine Basham (Dragons), Dan Davis (Scarlets)

Subs : Dewi Lake (Ospreys), Rhys Davies (Scarlets), Will Davies-King (Blues), Lewis Ellis-Jones (Scarlets), Lennon Greggains (Dragons), Harri Morgan (Ospreys), Ben Thomas (Blues), Joe Goodchild (Dragons)

Was apparently the U20 team.

RiscaGame

Posts : 2047
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by munkian on Thu 31 May 2018, 2:07 pm

Diolch
avatar
munkian

Posts : 8092
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 31 May 2018, 7:47 pm

munkian wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
munkian wrote:We conceded 10 tries last six nations - is that comparatively poor ?

He did a lot of good for Cardiff.

Conceding 5 against Ireland is poor, and there’s also the matter of the AI where we conceded many. You’re also forgetting all the previous years where it hasn’t been good enough. I’m assuming your expectations are pretty low.

Conceding tries against the Grand Slam champions, European champions and League champions is poor ? Gotcha.

League champions? I’m not saying Ireland aren’t good but your expectations are low and this other post reiterates that. Life’s good at the top where I am by the way, but you wouldn’t know about that Wink.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 31 May 2018, 7:55 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Some good performances by Dragons players for the under-20s yesterday, Taine Basham and Max Williams in particular.

Did you watch the whole game? I only caught the highlights, I thought Williams stood out by looking disinterested and lazy. The backs looked good which and an improvement upon previous years, with the forwards seeming to be solid enough.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Season Thread 2017/18 - New Beginnings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum