The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

+38
Tramptastic
RDW
BigGee
tigertattie
George Carlin
TheMildlyFranticLlama
jimbopip
Eejit
EWT Spoons
Hazel Sapling
21st Century Schizoid Man
Cambo
EST
des
TJ
VinceWLB
Welly
NeilyBroon
Majestic83
munkian
MacKnocked-on
Geordie
demosthenes
Scottrf
furra_linee
LordDowlais
RuggerRadge2611
A Simply Mesmeric Try
BamBam
highland_scot
IanBru
reallybored
nickj
lostinwales
tatterd
LondonTiger
R!skysports
42 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 14 Empty The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by R!skysports Wed 03 Jan 2018, 10:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Bicker away......

A nice video to start with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9dwHAfy_M

Glasgow Warriors are one of the two professional rugby union sides from Scotland. The team plays in the Pro14 league and in the European Professional Club Rugby tournaments. In the 2014-15 season they won the Pro12 title and became the first Scottish team to win a major trophy in rugby union's professional era. #theyrock

Edinburgh Rugby (formerly Edinburgh Reivers, Edinburgh Gunners and a real rugby team) is one of the two professional rugby teams from Scotland, although hard to determine if they play rugby. The club competes dances in the Pro14, along with Glasgow Warriors, its oldest rival. Since January 2017, Edinburgh plays most of its home games at Myreside Stadium with selected matches at BT Murrayfield.

kiss

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 14 Davefr10

Last edited by R!skysports on Fri 05 Jan 2018, 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 14 Empty Re: The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by EST Mon 16 Apr 2018, 9:05 am

I've been very impressed with him going forward, he's a total specimen!

Quite a bit of work to do to get his positioning and work under the high ball up to scratch though.

EST

Back to top Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 14 Empty Re: The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by RDW Mon 16 Apr 2018, 12:59 pm

He's scored 7 tries in 13 games, some really good ones against good teams. He's certainly an exciting player for us to have just now. He's also boshed quite a lot of players, which you don't see very often these days! Absolute unit.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 16 Apr 2018, 4:54 pm

He's very much been one of our star finds!

With players like him and Edinburgh playing well (bar the blip against the blues in the euro) I'd say we've deffo got a shot of raising a few eyebrows in the playoffs.

I'm not saying Edinburgh will lift the trophy, but we're surely not just there to make up the numbers!

Imagine an Edinburgh vs Soapdoger grand final! Epic!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 16 Apr 2018, 7:08 pm

Aye Tattie that would be good and you may just get more than a few 10s of people to travel    I think they do sell Werther's Originals in Dublin too - quite an incentive for Luvvie fans huh?   Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 16 Apr 2018, 7:26 pm

tigertattie wrote:

I'm not saying Edinburgh will lift the trophy,

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Neither is anyone else, Tattie. Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 17 Apr 2018, 11:45 am

Goes all Keegan

"I'd love it, love it if we beat them"

Imagine Edinburgh meet Glasgow in the Grand Final. Imagine Edinburgh, as we often do, defeating Glasgow in the Grand Final.

Imagine that's the stepping stone that finally gets the SRU to fork out the same money for Edinburgh as they do for Glasgow and Edinburgh get a nice 10k seater stadium like Glasgow were gifted.

Might help with the one eyed approaches taken by a small majority of Glasgow fans!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 17 Apr 2018, 6:15 pm

tigertattie wrote:Goes all Keegan

Imagine Edinburgh meet Glasgow in the Grand Final. Imagine Edinburgh, as we often do, defeating Glasgow in the Grand Final.

Imagine that's the stepping stone that finally gets the SRU to fork out the same money for Edinburgh as they do for Glasgow and Edinburgh get a nice 10k seater stadium like Glasgow were gifted.

Might help with the one eyed approaches taken by a small majority of Glasgow fans!

We really should have an emoji with a fish hook just for the more sensitive souls out in Luvvieland. zen

I don't really care about The Annual Slaughter Of The Effeminates this year: Glasgow have bigger fish to fry. As you may have noticed we'll definitely be playing in a semi final so we may give our fringe players a run out at HQ.

Also, after we put Ulster out of the running for you and then Munster batter you at Thomond, where I sincerely hope you win, it'll probably be two second XV's playing.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 17 Apr 2018, 6:23 pm

tigertattie wrote:Goes all Keegan

What the fork are you talking about?

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 14 Cyclops71
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 17 Apr 2018, 7:35 pm

Clearly the success of The Luvvies heroic 'one in a row' victory over Scarlets Academy lads has gone to the head of the Luvvie supporter. laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 17 Apr 2018, 7:47 pm

So four men are to appear in court for the Eddie Jones verbal abuse incident. Three of them from Luvvietoon and one from South Queensferry.

I'm thinking FES, his butler , Rugger Radge and which one of you got deported to South Queensferry?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 17 Apr 2018, 10:54 pm

Doubt if they will all be Luvvie supporters as they don't have that many !

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 18 Apr 2018, 10:15 am

It's all good.

After all, Edinburgh have beaten Glasgow in 5 of the last 7 games we've played

02-Jan-15 Edinburgh 20–8        Glasgow
27-Dec-15 Edinburgh 23–11 Glasgow
02-Jan-16 Glasgow 11–14 Edinburgh
26-Dec-16 Edinburgh 12–25 Glasgow
06-May-17 Glasgow 18–29 Edinburgh
23-Dec-17 Edinburgh 18–17 Glasgow
30-Dec-17 Glasgow 17–0        Edinburgh
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambo Wed 18 Apr 2018, 10:18 am

Ah same old same old patter from 21st Century tissue boy! Its hard not to like a guy who constantly makes a laughing stock of himself on social media. I wonder if he will still be so cocky in a week and a bits time. I suppose it will be the usual childish excuses of which he has had many in the past.

Cambo

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 18 Apr 2018, 10:59 am

Are Shiz and Cambo the same person, in some kind of massive plot twist?

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 18 Apr 2018, 11:44 am

Jeez - no thanks mate !

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 18 Apr 2018, 12:07 pm

That's a shame.

I realise Glasgow fans have a very, VERY important game this weekend (don't let us down lads!), but what's the general thoughts on the 1872 game?

It could, as far as the league is concerned, be a dead rubber for both teams, but for the good of Scottish rugby and getting more fans involved in the club teams, this is (in theory) a great showpiece for the game.

Edinburgh might have something to play for in this game, depending if Ulster get a TBP win against Glasgow or if Scarlets mess up to Dragons, but realistically it'll mean nothing, so sensible approach for both would be weakened teams, or have it nothing more than a training game. Ensuring no injuries and a few players get a run out ahead of the playoffs

But if the SRU want to attract more fans back to other games, having it as a full blown grudge match would make sense.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 18 Apr 2018, 12:21 pm

Yeah well looks like JG and RW are out for the remainder.. That is an absolute bummer. Lot of guys really need to step up - Gregg Peterson, Big Bri in particular.. Need Tim Swinson back with a fully functioning Scot Cummings. Happy with Matt Fagerson at 8. Looking better every game he plays.

BTW that creepy wee Cambo saddo used to haunt me on here so I am seriously offended by your earlier remark Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 18 Apr 2018, 12:24 pm

Maybe you and Cambo are like Jekyll and Hyde?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 18 Apr 2018, 12:28 pm

Nope. Anyway on the outside chance that the wee erse (Cambo)actually goes to watch rugby (unlikely) I will still attempt to errrrr....'out' him at The Library on 28th. He does after all profess to be a Luvvie after all Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 18 Apr 2018, 12:35 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Yeah well looks like JG and RW are out for the remainder..  That is an absolute bummer.     Lot of guys really need to step up - Gregg Peterson, Big Bri in particular..   Need Tim Swinson back with a fully functioning Scot Cummings.       Happy with Matt Fagerson at 8.    Looking better every game he plays.  

BTW that creepy wee Cambo saddo used to haunt me on here so I am seriously offended by your earlier remark Sad

That's what prompted my question, as there seemed to be a spell where whenever you posted, cambo posted right after. Other than just someone who apparently has an issue with your chat, I thought it would be far more interesting if you were the same person going through some kind of internal struggle. Not that I'd wish that on you, obviously, but would have been interesting to watch develop.

No offence was intended.

According to the hootsman, O'Halloran reckons both Wilson and JG could be back for the Semi, with JG possibly getting a run out against Edinburgh
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/glasgow-warriors/warriors-hopeful-jonny-gray-and-ryan-wilson-will-be-fit-for-semi-1-4725927

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 18 Apr 2018, 1:10 pm

Despite their wins the last few weeks Ulster are a complete shambles at the moment and with a home semi already in the bag Glasgow really need to be doing the business at this stage in the season. Get the lads who have been doing a job all season and get the win against Ulster then bring the international marquee players back for the 1872 showpony moneyspinner event that the SRU are keen to make it. As a poster astutely said above, the kids and casual fans will want to see Hoggy, Finn et al and the ‘decider’ is a great event from a PR standpoint.

After the Edinburgh game Glasgow will have a couple of weeks off so it’s inportant that the players who are playing in the semi get a run out in that game.

From a Glasgow standpoint here’s hoping the luvvies do the business against Munster then Leinster so we can all have a big party in Dublin on 26th May.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Wed 18 Apr 2018, 1:40 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Yeah well looks like JG and RW are out for the remainder..  That is an absolute bummer.     Lot of guys really need to step up - Gregg Peterson, Big Bri in particular..   Need Tim Swinson back with a fully functioning Scot Cummings.       Happy with Matt Fagerson at 8.    Looking better every game he plays.  

To be fair, your comments are often provocative (in a "banterous" way) that attracts attention. I admit to being baited sometimes, it's quite easy - maybe cambo is triggered by your outlandish comments that Glasgow are somehow better than Edinburgh?

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 18 Apr 2018, 2:05 pm

Is Brian healthy? Him and Cummings would be ideal. Probably going to see Swinson.

Not sure what sort of crowd Ulster will get. It should be a good time to play them especially if we can get into them early.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:23 am

Richard "the new messiah" Cockerill has signed a new contract with Edinburgh until 2021.

Based on the job he has done thus far I am f**king delighted by this news.  I mean obviously now this has happened, the team will perform with the defensive nous of a team coached by Bradley and all the attacking threat of a Solly team

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:31 am

Great news for the perfumed ones. When a coach like cockers signs on long term it shows he believes in the project. Excellent news.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:40 am

This is great news; not just for the Kaffe Fasset Appreciation society (BTW, as the teenagers say, I hear next season's kit is to be designed by Kath Kidson-there will be singing and dancing in the streets of Stockbridge) but also for Glasgow. Yahoo

We were beginning to worry that the Luvvies were in danger of actually becoming good. You know at playing winning rugby. However, you are now stuck in the Lineen phase of your development until at least 2021. warning

In terms of the Scotland side, for the next few years, I can see 9-15 playing fast, exciting heads-up rugby and the majority of the pack wearing big girls blouses. Hand stitched designer blouses, mind.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 20 Apr 2018, 11:29 am

jimbopip wrote:This is great news; not just for the Kaffe Fasset Appreciation society (BTW, as the teenagers say, I hear next season's kit is to be designed by Kath Kidson-there will be singing and dancing in the streets of Stockbridge) but also for Glasgow. Yahoo

We were beginning to worry that the Luvvies were in danger of actually becoming good. You know at playing winning rugby. However, you are now stuck in the Lineen phase of your development until at least 2021. warning

In terms of the Scotland side, for the next few years, I can see 9-15 playing fast, exciting heads-up rugby and the majority of the pack wearing big girls blouses. Hand stitched designer blouses, mind.

Are you not a fan of cockerill? I still think we need a better attack coach despite a fairly decent try scoring record this season

I think there's a lot of good young scottish players coming through at Edinburgh and he's kicking a brutal bloody minded determination in to them - always a good thing for Scotland!

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 20 Apr 2018, 1:26 pm

Mr Tastic, I honestly think Cockers is a very good coach. However, he is Tigers through and through. In the same way that Cap'n Kellock is Glasgow through and through. I think he will do a Lineen: produce a team which has a real nuggetty streak and are a hard I am a twonk of the highest order to beat. I just don't think this dovetails into Toonie's vision for how Scottish rugby should evolve.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri 20 Apr 2018, 2:12 pm

jimbopip wrote:Mr Tastic, I honestly think Cockers is a very good coach. However, he is Tigers through and through. In the same way that Cap'n Kellock is Glasgow through and through. I think he will do a Lineen: produce a team which has a real nuggetty streak and are a hard I am a twonk of the highest order to beat. I just don't think this dovetails into Toonie's vision for how Scottish rugby should evolve.

Yeh I'd agree with that actually, although if you flip that, when Toonie's teams get beat it looks like an implosion rather than the opposition obliterating them - maybe toonie's teams need more sheer bloody mindedness like cockerills? it's all or nothing with Scotland atm and that definitely reflects Toonie, maybe an edge is needed?

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 20 Apr 2018, 6:24 pm

I’d say there is a marked difference between the levels of success Sean Lineen has had in coaching compared to Cockers. Great news, and I think our Weegie brethren are just a bit more worried than they’d be willing to admit Smile

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 20 Apr 2018, 9:50 pm

Ulster: C Piutau; L Ludik, L Marshall, S McCloskey, J Stockdale; J McPhillips, J Cooney; A Warwick, R Herring, R Kane; A O'Connor, I Henderson (capt); N Timoney, S Reidy, J Deysel

Replacements: R Best, K McCall, T O'Toole, K Treadwell, C Ross, P Marshall, A Curtis, T Bowe.

Glasgow Warriors: S Hogg; T Seymour, H Jones, A Dunbar, L Masaga; F Russell, A Price; A Allan, F Brown, S Halanukonuka; S Cummings, T Swinson; R Harley, C Gibbins (capt), M Fagerson

Replacements: G Turner, R Grant, Z Fagerson, G Peterson, M Smith, H Prygos, P Horne, N Grigg
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 21 Apr 2018, 8:37 pm

And we get tonked by Ulster. What the hell is going on?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 21 Apr 2018, 8:40 pm

Glasgow could be in trouble here.

Edinburgh will be looking for the points next week. Glasgow might actually win the cup but I can see Edinburgh winning the game. Glasgow could then be going into the playoffs on back to back loses.

Suddenly Glasgow are looking wobbly
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 21 Apr 2018, 9:07 pm

tigertattie wrote:Glasgow could be in trouble here.

Edinburgh will be looking for the points next week. Glasgow might actually win the cup but I can see Edinburgh winning the game. Glasgow could then be going into the playoffs on back to back loses.

Suddenly Glasgow are looking wobbly

We have been looking a bit wobbly for a while now actually!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 21 Apr 2018, 11:20 pm

FFS Glasgow! For them to get the BP in the 82nd minute  mad

The latest results have a certain inevitably about it, and with Munster having nothing to play for in the final league game at home to Ulster (and a brutal European game to come first) we all know where this is heading. Ulster's end of season surge has been remarkable!

I know we should be looking at our own losses over the season but the Glasgow team that was put out should not be getting pumped like that! Rennie will definitely have his concerns - by all accounts they were bloody awful.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Sun 22 Apr 2018, 8:23 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:FFS Glasgow! For them to get the BP in the 82nd minute  mad

The latest results have a certain inevitably about it, and with Munster having nothing to play for in the final league game at home to Ulster (and a brutal European game to come first) we all know where this is heading. Ulster's end of season surge has been remarkable!

I know we should be looking at our own losses over the season but the Glasgow team that was put out should not be getting pumped like that! Rennie will definitely have his concerns - by all accounts they were bloody awful.

How did Russell play?

It seems the past few games where Russell has played Glasgow have not been quite as good - is Russells mind elsewhere?

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 22 Apr 2018, 8:33 am

I didn't see the game (was the middle of the night here in Aus!) But plenty of comments on social media about how bad Price and Russell were - people calling for Horne-Hastings next week.

Apparently Horne snr knocked on 4 times in 5 touches!

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Sun 22 Apr 2018, 8:36 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I didn't see the game (was the middle of the night here in Aus!) But plenty of comments on social media about how bad Price and Russell eewe - people calling for Horne-Hastings next week.

Apparently Horne snr knocked on 4 times in 5 touches!

Well thats incredibly depressing - i'd expect Rennir to be furious and potentially not start Russell again this season!

Tramptastic

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 22 Apr 2018, 4:56 pm

Price was awful again. He's starting to come across as one of two things.

1. He was a one hot wonder in the AIs where he was on form but now he's just meh
2. He's bought into his own hype and feels he doesn't need to try

tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 5:52 pm

I actually thought most of the Scotland players were poor, especially the backs, and Price in particular. Lots of mistakes and casualness/carelessness, Seymour butchered an easy overlap and plenty others were guilty of taking the wrong option or generally messing up.
Rennie has some serious sorting out to do this week, Edinburgh should go into next weekends match full of confidence.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 23 Apr 2018, 6:15 am

tigertattie wrote:Price was awful again. He's starting to come across as one of two things.

1. He was a one hot wonder in the AIs where he was on form but now he's just meh

Sounds like it's Pyrgos Time.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Mon 23 Apr 2018, 7:08 am

George Carlin wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Price was awful again. He's starting to come across as one of two things.

Sounds like it's Pyrgos Time.

Pyrgos has acquitted himself well the past couple of matches. It seems he's really taking the chance to rebuild his reputation.

I'd bring in Horne Jr on the bench and start Hastings against Edinburgh with Johnson in the centres supporting. I don't even think I'd have Russell on the bench to be honest. Would it be worth having Jackson covering FH as well as FB?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 23 Apr 2018, 9:33 am

I’ve not seen huge amounts of Glasgow this season, but what I have seen there seems to be a constant issue – Players trying to force an offload/risky pass

Glasgow fans correct me if I am wrong, but certainly against Ulster there were passes/offloads that either weren’t on or were badly executed, Swinson’s attempted offload where it went to no one and was picked up by an Ulster player who bombed downfield, for example.

This was an issue at the start of the season and seems to still be an issue now. Don’t get me wrong when it works, it really works, as Glasgow’s position in the table shows, but I fear against the like of Munster/Leinster etc their defence is too good and players are too good to get caught out.

If Glasgow had played more pragmatic rugby, then I am sure they would have either won, or at least not lost & conceded 4 tries, as shown when they sensibly went for the corner, didn’t rush the lineout for no obvious reason, and drove the ball over the line.

From what I have seen, Rennie has plan A which is to throw the ball about at pace an use that to catch the opposition defence out, which when it works is great, but if it’s not working he doesn’t seem capable to switching to a plan B.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 23 Apr 2018, 9:59 am

That is probably not a bad summary of the season. It is very high risk and the Glasgow players just don't seem to be able to sustain it now, someone always makes a error. It is not being helped by our play makers being so out of form though.

It is hard to see us beating any of the good sides playing the way we are at the moment.

I was actually a bit disappointed in DRs summing up of the defeat. Clearly he is not keen on publicly criticising the players but you would hope that he will be giving them hell in private. I think he should just have been honest with everyone and come right out and said that was a completely unacceptable performance.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 23 Apr 2018, 10:17 am

Its been an odd season for Glasgow. They have completely run away with the conference, but have looked very average against any good side playing their best team.

Aside from the tactical and skill errors, it might just be me, but there doesn't appear to be the same work ethic or desire as in previous seasons.

I found O'Hallorans comment about Scottish players not taking criticism well very interesting, could there be a bit of a clash between the coaching team and the star players? Russell and Price have looked terrible for quite a few games now.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 23 Apr 2018, 10:20 am

I wouldn’t fancy Glasgow’s chances of getting a result in the playoffs at the moment. Unless Russell & Price find some form, and key players calm down a bit. Play at pace with high risk when it’s on, but there needs to be some pragmatism at times.

I think the match up next week in the 1872 will be fascinating. Cockers has Edinburgh playing a forward orientated game, whereas Rennie is all about the backs. Currently, I think Edinburgh might have the edge, as we have something to play for, unless Ulster fail to get a TBP win against Munster earlier in the day. I think Glasgow may have been coasting the last few weeks, because they couldn’t be caught in the league so could be hard for them to get up to full speed again.

Don't get me wrong it's still been a great season for Glasgow so far, finishing top of their pool and getting to the semi final of the playoffs, but I suspect the club and the fans would want more than that.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 23 Apr 2018, 10:21 am

Looks like Glasgow have a new signing lined up for today at 11.00

Lets see if that can cheer us up?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 23 Apr 2018, 10:28 am

EWT Spoons wrote:

Don't get me wrong it's still been a great season for Glasgow so far, finishing top of their pool and getting to the semi final of the playoffs, but I suspect the club and the fans would want more than that.

Indeed, expectation is something that is now established at Scotstoun, but some perspective is also needed.

We did not make the playoffs last year and this year was always going to be about rebuilding and transition, especially with a new coaching team and a head coach only arriving at the end of pre season. At the beginning of the season we would likely have been happy with a playoff place and ecstatic about winning the conference so easily.

In all honesty the Rennie era needs to be given another year to make any judgement on it, but that still does not mean that we can't be very disappointed with performances like that on Saturday.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 23 Apr 2018, 10:45 am

EWT Spoons wrote:I wouldn’t fancy Glasgow’s chances of getting a result in the playoffs at the moment.  Unless Russell & Price find some form, and key players calm down a bit.  Play at pace with high risk when it’s on, but there needs to be some pragmatism at times.

I think the match up next week in the 1872 will be fascinating.  Cockers has Edinburgh playing a forward orientated game, whereas Rennie is all about the backs.  Currently, I think Edinburgh might have the edge, as we have something to play for, unless Ulster fail to get a TBP win against Munster earlier in the day.   I think Glasgow may have been coasting the last few weeks, because they couldn’t be caught in the league so could be hard for them to get up to full speed again.

I see what you are trying to say Spoony but on Sat the Weegie backs were awful. Horne Furra Linee for example, 4 knock ons and one catch. That's just atrocious. Price is firing his balls from the base of rucks at his team mates faces. I lost count of the number of times that players were jumping to catch is missiles.

Also, the two tries that Glasgow did score came from the forwards!

Some players just don't seem interested or they think they are undroppable.

I'd start with Henry and Hastings against the Burgh, see how they can get on in the pressure of a cup game. if they do well, then it's them for the play offs for me.

Price needs managed properly so I'd not drop him entirely, bench for him.

Russell, he's got a eye on next season in my opinion. Drop him, toodles!

I'd also drop Seymour, and put DTH on the wing.

I think a few players could be getting the hair drier treatment this week!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 23 Apr 2018, 10:54 am

BigGee wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:

Indeed, expectation is something that is now established at Scotstoun, but some perspective is also needed.

We did not make the playoffs last year and this year was always going to be about rebuilding and transition, especially with a new coaching team and a head coach only arriving at the end of pre season. At the beginning of the season we would likely have been happy with a playoff place and ecstatic about winning the conference so easily.

In all honesty the Rennie era needs to be given another year to make any judgement on it, but that still does not mean that we can't be very disappointed with performances like that on Saturday.

Totally agree, and to be honest I may have done Glasgow a disservice as the season is far from over yet.  A semi final appearance is the worst case scenario, who knows what will happen there.

In terms of next season, there are two big holes being created at both Glasgow & Edinburgh, with Glasgow losing Russell and Edinburgh losing (current form) SHC.  I realise they are being lost for two different reasons, but Edinburgh have no one currently lined up to step into SHC shoes.  Glasgow have Hastings and Horne, but neither are close to him when all are playing at their best.

Are Glasgow fans concerned by Russell leaving and having to rely on Horne/Hastings next year, or has Finn’s performances of late and Hastings seemingly stepping up made that move slightly easier?

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next