Post by sirbenson on Tue 16 Jan 2018, 4:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Selected tee times

Last edited by sirbenson on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 11:50 pm; edited 4 times in total

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Re: European Tour 2018

Post by kwinigolfer on Fri 13 Jul 2018, 8:20 pm

Looks like he's off with Thongchai, supes. Probably a good pairing.

Thought Gullane looked fab, but they could use some wind tomorrow!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt on Fri 13 Jul 2018, 10:27 pm

Your wish is granted, Kwini. There’s a bit of a breeze forecast for tomorrow, with warm sunshine as well Cool Sunday should see more cloud, slightly cooler and slightly less breeze. Sadly we’ve got the first rain for a month forecast on Monday and I’m due to play the final of a knockout furious
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 12:35 am

LadyPutt wrote:Your wish is granted, Kwini. There’s a bit of a breeze forecast for tomorrow, with warm sunshine as well Cool Sunday should see more cloud, slightly cooler and slightly less breeze. Sadly we’ve got the first rain for a month forecast on Monday and I’m due to play the final of a knockout furious

Hopefully you'll get along to Gullane . . . . . . ?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 3:45 pm

Unlikely. It’s the other side of the water and quite a way on from Edinburgh. If I could go “as the crow flies” it’s not that far, but rather wet! We’re unlikely to go to Carnoustie either, although it’s not that far but are planning to go to the Senior Open at St Andrews as it’s just up the road OK We get a better view on Sky TV and the drinks and food are cheaper Very Happy
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 4:04 pm

I’m coming up, booked my tickets for Tue & Wed practice days and the 1st round Thurs. I’ve only played 2other courses more than Carnoustie, obviously know it relatively well so really looking forward to watching the Pro’s practice on it.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 6:22 pm

JAS wrote:I’m coming up, booked my tickets for Tue & Wed practice days and the 1st round Thurs. I’ve only played 2other courses more than Carnoustie, obviously know it relatively well so really looking forward to watching the Pro’s practice on it.
Especially with the drought we’re having! Are you bringing your clubs? Do you fancy a game again?
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 7:12 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Looks like he's off with Thongchai, supes. Probably a good pairing.

Thought Gullane looked fab, but they could use some wind tomorrow!

Not too great a round today from Connor. Spoke to his mum today, she thought he felt under pressure from having (briefly) held the course record yesterday. Still a great first year he's having, and showing he's capable of contending. He'll learn how to cope with that side of things, but his game looks more than of a standard to succeed on the European Tour.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 7:26 pm

Had the Scottish Open the last 45 minutes. Almost every approach I’ve seen to 18 has gone long to a pin tucked back right, and clattered into a grandstand that can’t be more than 15 paces from the hole. Simple enough two putt from there with a chance of holing it, no wonder everyone’s going for the flag. Completely ridiculous.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 8:11 pm

Did you see Robert Rock? Went through the green, hit the fence/grandstand and bounced back onto the green fairly near the flag.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 8:24 pm

Did see that not long after I posted Inw, he hit a worse shot than most, overclubbing it, so got a firmer bounce off the wall and got closer to the hole. Complete farce of a setup.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 8:42 pm

NedB-H wrote:Did see that not long after I posted Inw, he hit a worse shot than most, overclubbing it, so got a firmer bounce off the wall and got closer to the hole. Complete farce of a setup.

Tiger Moobs would love that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS on Sun 15 Jul 2018, 5:29 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
JAS wrote:I’m coming up, booked my tickets for Tue & Wed practice days and the 1st round Thurs. I’ve only played 2other courses more than Carnoustie, obviously know it relatively well so really looking forward to watching the Pro’s practice on it.
Especially with the drought we’re having! Are you bringing your clubs? Do you fancy a game again?

Hi Ladyputt, yes bringing my clubs (just in case), not sure if i’ll Use them as nursing a shoulder injury and the rest would probably do it good. Also, got accom in Perth and training it in each day (Dundee hotels were just ridiculous). If I do play it would be Tues or Weds late afternoon/early evening.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Sun 15 Jul 2018, 7:52 pm

Amzing result for Immelman - now he has a European Tour card for 2019!
Put that commentating gig on hold for a while, tho' guess he's behind the mic next week.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro on Sun 15 Jul 2018, 8:57 pm

But unfortunately Immelmanns OWGR position cost him a spot in The Open.. At #322 Dantorp is nearly 1000 positions higher...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt on Mon 16 Jul 2018, 5:15 pm

JAS wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:

Hi Ladyputt, yes bringing my clubs (just in case), not sure if i’ll Use them as nursing a shoulder injury and the rest would probably do it good. Also, got accom in Perth and training it in each day (Dundee hotels were just ridiculous). If I do play it would be Tues or Weds late afternoon/early evening.

Sorry, playing in the Mixed Open at the Dukes tomorrow (Tuesday) and it's my club's Ladies Open on Wednesday and I'm on handicap/cards duty from 8.30 to 6! Never mind, another year. Hope your shoulder improves.
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum