The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by Pot Hale on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Some of the Irish provinces seem to be doing fine.  Munster might be able to pay back a few shillings to Landsdowne HQ this season.  Leinster have finally started sharing. Connacht have survived Mr Grumpy and have managed another Challenge Cup quarter.  Could they make the final?
Ulster need a separate topic to cover all their issues.  Oh - and they have one.  

Italy.  Treviso are now Benetton and improving to the point of it being grudgingly admitted outside of Italy.  Zebre?  See Ulster above.  The FIR continue to fiddle the other unions while Rome burns.  

Scarlets on the other hand continue to see Byrne roam.  And sidestep.  The WRU must be grinning from ear to ear as Scarlets are simply steaming.   Who needs union monies when you can assemble a squad like this?  Top of their conference and finishing top of their pool in front of a packed house to gain a home quarterfinal in the Champions Cup. What more could you ask for?  Possibly a sneaky Welsh cap for Tadgh Beirne but little else to complain about.  If Gatland can harness the Scarlets, a la Leinster and Glasgow, and get Wales moving to the top in the Six Nations, the WRU might need to send a little more love (hard cash) over Llanelli way to encourage them further.  

Dragons got bought by the WRU.  And then hired an Irish coach. And then fixed their pitch.  And then things went so so.  And the jury went out on Jackman.  And then they started losing. A lot.  And then they had lots of announcements about new players for next season. And then they got knocked out of the Challenge Cup.  
And now it’s a wait for another season.  Not sure if the jury has come back in yet but Jackman has a battle on his hands.  

Ospreys continue to plumb new depths and eventually decided to fire their coach after failing in the Champions Cup once again.  Will they be in the Challenge Cup next season?

Cardiff have at least made the knockouts of the Challenge Cup but they’re still batting eyes at the WRU some say.  Will they succumb to the union’s clutches?

All the way down to Port Elizabeth for the new entrants.

The Southern Kings? See Zebre.  X 100.   Massive squad revamp needed and SARU investment.

Cheetahs?   Just when they’d notched another triumph on their league bedpost, came the news that another of their players had been nicked for another SR side. Their top try scorer is leaving too.  They’ve 8 wins in the bag, can they get a few more to make it into the playoffs?  

And finally the Scots.  Cockerill is definitely making inroads and if it doesn’t happen this season, they’ll be making life difficult in 2018/19 for a few of the higher up clubs. Their sassy and classy neighbours look strong prospects for the Championship title with a single loss so far.   Not too long ago, the SRU was making plaintive noises about the costs of running the two clubs and seeking private investors.  Then they went quiet.  Then they announced a profit for the first time in a long while.  And investment in academy is starting to pay off.  And the Test team isn’t doing too shabby either.  SRU CEO, Mark Dodson, says long term objective is to secure external investment to ensure the future of the game.  

We’ve had the first inkling of a change and expected increase in TV revenues for the Championship with EirSport announced as the new broadcaster for games in the Irish territory.  Anayi & Co still have to deliver a substantial increase on previous revenues.  The SARU/SuperSport deal has ensured part of that with a reported 36m six-year agreement.   What will GB deliver?

Private investment and Union control/money.  Will a happy marriage eventually be reached?
avatar
Pot Hale

Posts : 5527
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 57
Location : Dubhlinn

Back to top Go down


Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by carpet baboon on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 12:57 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:who said anything about Irish cheats ?

Some of you seriously need to get over yourselves. picard

Well a minor few Welsh fans have historically accused Irish refs, touch judges and TMOs of intentionally making wrong calls against teams to please there employer.
That's my perception

Yes, your perception, and that perception is wrong, so please get over yourself. OK

The fact that I have, is that it's things like this that give people who hate the league, the fuel to make the accusations about the Pro14 and accuse our league of being amateur. The haters are out there, and this situation, however way you look at it, gives them substance to rubbish the league.

This is a concern for all of us, what ever your nationality is.

But your perception of how the league is viewed is correct?
All others are wrong?
Wow you must be really important.

And some of the biggest "haters" are the minority of Welsh fans who take every opportunity to "blame it on the Irish conspiracy"
You keep me amused, so keep it up


Yep, it's all the Welsh, all the time. The Irish are perfect. They do nothing wrong. Rolling Eyes

There you go.

No. I clearly said a minority. Your clearly choosing to perceive it as a slight on all Welsh fans.
Which it clearly wasn't.

carpet baboon

Posts : 1797
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 12:58 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

This is a concern for all of us, what ever your nationality is.

I can assure you, the Irish won't be concerned about this, Especially at about 6pm on Saturday.

Shameful.

music
If I, I get to know your name
Well if I, could trace your private number, baby.

All I know is that to me
You look like you're lots of fun.
Open up your lovin' arms,
I want some, want some
music

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:05 pm

Can someone, anyone, anywhere tell me why 2 South African referees have flown in to Wales to referee, but John Lacey has travelled to Dublin to referee his work mates?

Cardiff Blues vs Munster
@ Cardiff Arms Park
Referee: Stuart Berry (South Africa)
Assistant referees: Dan Jones (Wales), Rhys Thomas (Wales)
TMO: Tim Hayes (Wales)

Leinster vs Scarlets
@ RDS Arena
Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Frank Murphy (Ireland), Jonathan Peak (Ireland)
TMO: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Ospreys vs Southern Kings
@ Liberty Stadium
Referee: David Wilkinson (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Stuart Gaffkin (Ireland), Richard Kerr (Ireland)
TMO: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Dragons vs Benetton Rugby
@ Rodney Parade
Referee: Quinton Immelman (South Africa)

What reasoning is there that the South African refereeing the Dragons game could not have refereed in Dublin instead, swapping with Lacey, meaning a neutral official in Dublin?

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:08 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:What reasoning is there that the South African refereeing the Dragons game could not have refereed in Dublin instead, swapping with Lacey, meaning a neutral official in Dublin?

the only reasoning people could give you is, that Leinster V Scarlets is a top of the table clash, and a must win for Leinster.

Which is obviously not true, but this will just sour the image of our league further and carry on making us a laughing stock.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12021
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by carpet baboon on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:11 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:What reasoning is there that the South African refereeing the Dragons game could not have refereed in Dublin instead, swapping with Lacey, meaning a neutral official in Dublin?

the only reasoning people could give you is, that Leinster V Scarlets is a top of the table clash, and a must win for Leinster.

Which is obviously not true, but this will just sour the image of our league further and carry on making us a laughing stock.

So lord are you suggesting that the ref will cheat?

carpet baboon

Posts : 1797
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:12 pm

Notice the part where I said "Which is obviously not true".

Come back and try again, and stop trying to be clever. OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 12021
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by carpet baboon on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:41 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Notice the part where I said "Which is obviously not true".

Come back and try again, and stop trying to be clever. OK

Oh you mean like you thinking I accused all the Welsh? When I clearly hadn't?
So I have to read everything you write but you can assume what I have?
That kind of clever?

carpet baboon

Posts : 1797
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:44 pm

Alain Rolland says Pro14 is a perfect League that should be used as a model for all best Leagues throughout the world.

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:47 pm

SecretFly wrote:Alain Rolland says Pro14 is a perfect League that should be used as a model for all best Leagues throughout the world.

Remind me where he was born?

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:59 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Notice the part where I said "Which is obviously not true".

Come back and try again, and stop trying to be clever. OK

Oh you mean like you thinking I accused all the Welsh? When I clearly hadn't?
So I have to read everything you write but you can assume what I have?
That kind of clever?


No, I mean by you trying to guide me into an argument that I do not intend having, like you wanting me to accuse the Irish refs of being cheats. When I have not said anything of the sort.

So again, stop trying to be clever because you are proving you are not.

What I am saying is, the league is doing itself no favours by appointing referees like they have, they have left the door open to all kinds of accusations, something you seem to not want to discuss.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12021
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by carpet baboon on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 1:59 pm

SecretFly wrote:Alain Rolland says Pro14 is a perfect League that should be used as a model for all best Leagues throughout the world.

Nigel Owen wears Alain Rolland PJ's you know.

carpet baboon

Posts : 1797
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by carpet baboon on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:01 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Notice the part where I said "Which is obviously not true".

Come back and try again, and stop trying to be clever. OK

Oh you mean like you thinking I accused all the Welsh? When I clearly hadn't?
So I have to read everything you write but you can assume what I have?
That kind of clever?


No, I mean by you trying to guide me into an argument that I do not intend having, like you wanting me to accuse the Irish refs of being cheats. When I have not said anything of the sort.

So again, stop trying to be clever because you are proving you are not.

What I am saying is, the league is doing itself no favours by appointing referees like they have, they have left the door open to all kinds of accusations, something you seem to not want to discuss.

So you can claim I said something I did not but it doesn't work the other way around?

I must have missed that on my 606 Induction

carpet baboon

Posts : 1797
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:04 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:Can someone, anyone, anywhere tell me why 2 South African referees have flown in to Wales to referee, but John Lacey has travelled to Dublin to referee his work mates?

What reasoning is there that the South African refereeing the Dragons game could not have refereed in Dublin instead, swapping with Lacey, meaning a neutral official in Dublin?

Anybody?

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:06 pm

carpet baboon wrote:So you can claim I said something I did not but it doesn't work the other way around?

What are you harping on about ?

Why bring any nationality into it ?

You said that Welsh haters with their conspiracy theories. Whether you used minority or not, you are STILL accusing the Welsh.

Believe it or not, I have many conversations with NON Welsh people where I have had to justify the amateurism of our league because of this type of scenario.

But it's only Welsh people how ever a minority are doing this ? Come on.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12021
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:08 pm

Also, why are you avoiding discussing the following ?

LordDowlais wrote:What I am saying is, the league is doing itself no favours by appointing referees like they have, they have left the door open to all kinds of accusations, something you seem to not want to discuss.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12021
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:09 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:Can someone, anyone, anywhere tell me why 2 South African referees have flown in to Wales to referee, but John Lacey has travelled to Dublin to referee his work mates?

What reasoning is there that the South African refereeing the Dragons game could not have refereed in Dublin instead, swapping with Lacey, meaning a neutral official in Dublin?

Anybody?

Lord gave you your reasoning. It's around about the right colour that suits your temperament, so I suppose it'll do.

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by marty2086 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:09 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Also, why are you avoiding discussing the following ?

LordDowlais wrote:What I am saying is, the league is doing itself no favours by appointing referees like they have, they have left the door open to all kinds of accusations, something you seem to not want to discuss.

Considering you are one of the ones who regularly makes the accusations maybe you should lead the discussion

marty2086

Posts : 9261
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:12 pm

SecretFly wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:Can someone, anyone, anywhere tell me why 2 South African referees have flown in to Wales to referee, but John Lacey has travelled to Dublin to referee his work mates?

What reasoning is there that the South African refereeing the Dragons game could not have refereed in Dublin instead, swapping with Lacey, meaning a neutral official in Dublin?

Anybody?

Lord gave you your reasoning.  It's around about the right colour that suits your temperament, so I suppose it'll do.

You can't explain it can you?


RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by marty2086 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:14 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:Can someone, anyone, anywhere tell me why 2 South African referees have flown in to Wales to referee, but John Lacey has travelled to Dublin to referee his work mates?

What reasoning is there that the South African refereeing the Dragons game could not have refereed in Dublin instead, swapping with Lacey, meaning a neutral official in Dublin?

Anybody?

Lord gave you your reasoning.  It's around about the right colour that suits your temperament, so I suppose it'll do.

You can't explain it can you?


You want an explanation write to Pro 14 OK

marty2086

Posts : 9261
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:15 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:Can someone, anyone, anywhere tell me why 2 South African referees have flown in to Wales to referee, but John Lacey has travelled to Dublin to referee his work mates?

What reasoning is there that the South African refereeing the Dragons game could not have refereed in Dublin instead, swapping with Lacey, meaning a neutral official in Dublin?

Anybody?

Lord gave you your reasoning.  It's around about the right colour that suits your temperament, so I suppose it'll do.

You can't explain it can you?


I can explain it.  We need to fill the field with Irish officials to give us a better chance of winning.  You can't leave everything to chance.  We doctor the competition to suit our needs.  Everybody knows this, and it's why the others keep re-signing the contracts to keep the competition going.  They like being shafted.  The Welsh, the Scots, the Italians and the SAs like being had.


Last edited by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:16 pm

marty2086 wrote:

You want an explanation write to Pro 14 OK

Tried that about 4 or 5 times. Never once even received so much as a reply.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:16 pm

SecretFly wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:Can someone, anyone, anywhere tell me why 2 South African referees have flown in to Wales to referee, but John Lacey has travelled to Dublin to referee his work mates?

What reasoning is there that the South African refereeing the Dragons game could not have refereed in Dublin instead, swapping with Lacey, meaning a neutral official in Dublin?

Anybody?

Lord gave you your reasoning.  It's around about the right colour that suits your temperament, so I suppose it'll do.

You can't explain it can you?


I can explain it.  We need to fill the field with Irish officials to give us a better chance of winning.  You can't leave everything to chance.  We doctor the competition to suit our needs.  Everybody knows this, and it's why the others keep resigning the contracts to keep the competition going.  They like being shafted.  The Welsh, the Scots, the Italians and the SAs like being had.

See.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:17 pm

There you go. So now what's your argument?

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by marty2086 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:17 pm

SecretFly wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:Can someone, anyone, anywhere tell me why 2 South African referees have flown in to Wales to referee, but John Lacey has travelled to Dublin to referee his work mates?

What reasoning is there that the South African refereeing the Dragons game could not have refereed in Dublin instead, swapping with Lacey, meaning a neutral official in Dublin?

Anybody?

Lord gave you your reasoning.  It's around about the right colour that suits your temperament, so I suppose it'll do.

You can't explain it can you?


I can explain it.  We need to fill the field with Irish officials to give us a better chance of winning.  You can't leave everything to chance.  We doctor the competition to suit our needs.  Everybody knows this, and it's why the others keep re-signing the contracts to keep the competition going.  They like being shafted.  The Welsh, the Scots, the Italians and the SAs like being had.

Really need to look into that plan Fly as it's really backfiring with Irish teams losing more than 50% of their games against non Irish teams when theres been an Irish ref

marty2086

Posts : 9261
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by marty2086 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:18 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

You want an explanation write to Pro 14 OK

Tried that about 4 or 5 times. Never once even received so much as a reply.

You need to send them a stamp addressed envelope to reply back with OK

marty2086

Posts : 9261
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:18 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

You want an explanation write to Pro 14 OK

Tried that about 4 or 5 times. Never once even received so much as a reply.

Irish secretary. She sees the complaint/concern letters first and bins any from Wales that she gets. It's easy. It's an easy system to maintain.

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:19 pm

The wriggling is cringeworthy.

When caught out, try and use sarcasm and (awful attempts at) humour to escape. Pathetic.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:20 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Really need to look into that plan Fly as it's really backfiring with Irish teams losing more than 50% of their games against non Irish teams when theres been an Irish ref

That's just the sly smokescreen to better create the image of fairness.

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:21 pm

And this is just it. It's so frustrating.

We can never have an adult conversation here about this, because most of the Irish members want to derail it into a thread full of sarcasm and p!ss taking.

Why don't any of you even consider how this makes our league look ? I find it a real sticking point for our league.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12021
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:21 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:The wriggling is cringeworthy.

When caught out, try and use sarcasm and (awful attempts at) humour to escape. Pathetic.

Now you can't even agree with someone that agree with you.

What are you a man or a mouse?

Irish Provinces use their officials to cheat their way to titles. Are you afraid of that truth?

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:23 pm

LordDowlais wrote:And this is just it. It's so frustrating.

We can never have an adult conversation here about this, because most of the Irish members want to derail it into a thread full of sarcasm and p!ss taking.

Why don't any of you even consider how this makes our league look ? I find it a real sticking point for our league.

They can't. To question it would be to challenge the status quo that suits them so much.

Far easier to resort to unfunny quips.


RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:23 pm

SecretFly wrote:

Irish Provinces use their officials to cheat their way to titles.   Are you afraid of that truth?

Nope.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:27 pm

LordDowlais wrote:And this is just it. It's so frustrating.

We can never have an adult conversation here about this, because most of the Irish members want to derail it into a thread full of sarcasm and p!ss taking.

Why don't any of you even consider how this makes our league look ? I find it a real sticking point for our league.

It makes our league look like the Irish cheat and that the rest of you are too chickenshidt to complain about it, too chickenschidt to down tools, to boycott the competition, to refuse to play, to refuse to attend meetings, to refuse to re-sign contracts, and too chickenshidt  to come out in public as coaches and players to tell it like it is - to say openly that the Irish cheat their way all the way through the Pro14.

That's what our league looks like. Full of cheaters and chickenschidts.

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by marty2086 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:27 pm

LordDowlais wrote:And this is just it. It's so frustrating.

We can never have an adult conversation here about this, because most of the Irish members want to derail it into a thread full of sarcasm and p!ss taking.

Why don't any of you even consider how this makes our league look ? I find it a real sticking point for our league.

Erm Headscratch

Or maybe the constant rehashing is tedious, the constant bitching about bias when the figures contradict it

Funny there's no mention of the fact that the ARs in the Dragons game are both Welsh or some people engaging their brain and realising that the games aren't on the same day so since the officials aren't full time, maybe, just maybe, those days and times fit their availability but that's just me being a sarcastic bar steward

marty2086

Posts : 9261
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:28 pm

Pathetic

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:29 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Irish Provinces use their officials to cheat their way to titles.   Are you afraid of that truth?

Nope.

Then we're all on the level. So what else do you want to say about the Pro14 now that we dealt with the Irish corruption?

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:30 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Funny there's no mention of the fact that the ARs in the Dragons game are both Welsh or some people engaging their brain and realising that the games aren't on the same day so since the officials aren't full time, maybe, just maybe, those days and times fit their availability but that's just me being a sarcastic bar steward

This is the closest to a genuine response yet. And it shows that if we are dealing with part timers with limited ability to officiate a "professional" league. Then the logistics are just too hug to enable that league to be competent.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by marty2086 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:31 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:And this is just it. It's so frustrating.

We can never have an adult conversation here about this, because most of the Irish members want to derail it into a thread full of sarcasm and p!ss taking.

Why don't any of you even consider how this makes our league look ? I find it a real sticking point for our league.

They can't. To question it would be to challenge the status quo that suits them so much.

Far easier to resort to unfunny quips.


You're an idiot you were on here not too long ago talking about how the Irish had rigged the tv deals without a clue about what you were talking about, not to mention the fact that the win loss records for Irish teams are in favour of non Irish teams so if you are going to challenge something it might be a good idea to have something more than moronic conspiracy theories

marty2086

Posts : 9261
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by carpet baboon on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:32 pm

Quick look back to last year's final. Owens was the ref. Now imagine for one second it had been an Irishman in charge. A couple of posters on here would have had there panties so tightly bunched screaming he had to be neutral.
Did not remember them saying anything about perceived bias then?
Wonder why?

Its almost like they only have the problem when it suits them.
Wow. I'm shocked

carpet baboon

Posts : 1797
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:38 pm

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:And this is just it. It's so frustrating.

We can never have an adult conversation here about this, because most of the Irish members want to derail it into a thread full of sarcasm and p!ss taking.

Why don't any of you even consider how this makes our league look ? I find it a real sticking point for our league.

Erm Headscratch

Or maybe the constant rehashing is tedious, the constant bitching about bias when the figures contradict it

Funny there's no mention of the fact that the ARs in the Dragons game are both Welsh or some people engaging their brain and realising that the games aren't on the same day so since the officials aren't full time, maybe, just maybe, those days and times fit their availability but that's just me being a sarcastic bar steward

But circumstances prove otherwise.

There's a difference to having Two assistants from the same country to the whole lot being from the same country.

Rugbyfan asked earlier, why couldn't the South African ref who is at Newport on the weekend ref the Leinster v Scarlets game ? An extra 30mins on an aeroplane and leaving a day later to come home a day later would have made no difference.

What is the league doing to address these issues, does it not concern any of our Irish/Scottish members on this forum ?

LordDowlais

Posts : 12021
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:41 pm

carpet baboon wrote:Quick look back to last year's final. Owens was the ref. Now imagine for one second it had been an Irishman in charge.  A couple of posters on here would have had there panties so tightly bunched screaming he had to be neutral.
Did not remember them saying anything about perceived bias then?
Wonder why?

Its almost like they only have the problem when it suits them.
Wow. I'm shocked

Why do you keep trying to turn this into a nationality p1ssing contest ?

Grow up.

We want to talk about what I consider a major blight on our league, which is the lack of adequate neutral officials, but you are trying your best to turn it into something else. Debate like an adult.OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 12021
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:43 pm

SecretFly wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Irish Provinces use their officials to cheat their way to titles.   Are you afraid of that truth?

Nope.

Then we're all on the level.  So what else do you want to say about the Pro14 now that we dealt with the Irish corruption?

-Cian Healy is a cheapshot thug who should not be on a rugby pitch and should stick to DJing?

-The Irish whinging at their unsuccessful pathetic World Cup bid being the fault of the Scots and Irish showed Irish rugby fans up for the  shameless, self unaware, sanctimonious, deluded bunch they really are?

-The fans in the UK are treated like d0gsh1t compared to those in Ireland, who from next season will be able to watch their provinces in all competitions via 1 subscription service, compared to multiple subscriptions for fans in the UK?

-The sponsorship and television money the pro14 is able to command is pathetic, unviable and shows the league in it's true light in terms of competition value?

-Martin Anayi is nothing but a puppet employed by the Pro14 on behalf of the IRFU to deflect away from the pro Irish nature of the league and instead attempt to convey some sort of impArtial work ethic?

-The pro14 conference system is an unfair sham?

-The impending recruitment of USA / German teams will further devalue the league in terms of strength / traditional rivalries and brand perception?

-Ulster and Munster to have 7 Sunday home fixtures a season from 2019 in the interests of fairness and due to those areas not having a completely backward socio-political climate

-The 2018/19 Pro14 final will surely take place in Parc Eirias, Colwyn Bay

Take your pic really. I assume you'll agree on all points, such is your newly acquired astute reading of the PrO'14

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by marty2086 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:49 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:And this is just it. It's so frustrating.

We can never have an adult conversation here about this, because most of the Irish members want to derail it into a thread full of sarcasm and p!ss taking.

Why don't any of you even consider how this makes our league look ? I find it a real sticking point for our league.

Erm Headscratch

Or maybe the constant rehashing is tedious, the constant bitching about bias when the figures contradict it

Funny there's no mention of the fact that the ARs in the Dragons game are both Welsh or some people engaging their brain and realising that the games aren't on the same day so since the officials aren't full time, maybe, just maybe, those days and times fit their availability but that's just me being a sarcastic bar steward

But circumstances prove otherwise.

There's a difference to having Two assistants from the same country to the whole lot being from the same country.

Rugbyfan asked earlier, why couldn't the South African ref who is at Newport on the weekend ref the Leinster v Scarlets game ? An extra 30mins on an aeroplane and leaving a day later to come home a day later would have made no difference.

What is the league doing to address these issues, does it not concern any of our Irish/Scottish members on this forum ?

If it makes no difference then you must know why it was done?





marty2086

Posts : 9261
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 2:55 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Irish Provinces use their officials to cheat their way to titles.   Are you afraid of that truth?

Nope.

Then we're all on the level.  So what else do you want to say about the Pro14 now that we dealt with the Irish corruption?

-Cian Healy is a cheapshot thug who should not be on a rugby pitch and should stick to DJing?

-The Irish whinging at their unsuccessful pathetic World Cup bid being the fault of the Scots and Irish showed Irish rugby fans up for the  shameless, self unaware, sanctimonious, deluded bunch they really are?

-The fans in the UK are treated like d0gsh1t compared to those in Ireland, who from next season will be able to watch their provinces in all competitions via 1 subscription service, compared to multiple subscriptions for fans in the UK?

-The sponsorship and television money the pro14 is able to command is pathetic, unviable and shows the league in it's true light in terms of competition value?

-Martin Anayi is nothing but a puppet employed by the Pro14 on behalf of the IRFU to deflect away from the pro Irish nature of the league and instead attempt to convey some sort of impArtial work ethic?

-The pro14 conference system is an unfair sham?

-The impending recruitment of USA / German teams will further devalue the league in terms of strength / traditional rivalries and brand perception?

-Ulster and Munster to have 7 Sunday home fixtures a season from 2019 in the interests of fairness and due to those areas not having a completely backward socio-political climate

-The 2018/19 Pro14 final will surely take place in Parc Eirias, Colwyn Bay

Take your pic really. I assume you'll agree on all points, such is your newly acquired astute reading of the PrO'14

Good man.  You see how less stressful it is when you let it all out instead of smothering it in some kind of pseudo-intellectual/financial claptrap.

You love Irish people...love us with a vengeance.  That's nice.  I hope one day Pro14 sees your pain and bans the basterde spud boys from the West so that one day you might take in a deep breath and only smell your Anglo Saxon brethren encircling you.  Never take a plane to a rugby union League game when a mini-bus down the road will do.

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by carpet baboon on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 3:01 pm

Glad to see the Pr'O 14 make a comeback.
And Lord wonders where nationality comes into this argument

carpet baboon

Posts : 1797
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by RugbyFan100 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 3:05 pm

carpet baboon wrote:Glad to see the Pr'O 14 make a comeback.

I'm glad that is what you focused on from my message. That was the really important issue I was getting at there.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 808
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by marty2086 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 3:08 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Irish Provinces use their officials to cheat their way to titles.   Are you afraid of that truth?

Nope.

Then we're all on the level.  So what else do you want to say about the Pro14 now that we dealt with the Irish corruption?

-Cian Healy is a cheapshot thug who should not be on a rugby pitch and should stick to DJing?

-The Irish whinging at their unsuccessful pathetic World Cup bid being the fault of the Scots and Irish showed Irish rugby fans up for the  shameless, self unaware, sanctimonious, deluded bunch they really are?

-The fans in the UK are treated like d0gsh1t compared to those in Ireland, who from next season will be able to watch their provinces in all competitions via 1 subscription service, compared to multiple subscriptions for fans in the UK?

-The sponsorship and television money the pro14 is able to command is pathetic, unviable and shows the league in it's true light in terms of competition value?

-Martin Anayi is nothing but a puppet employed by the Pro14 on behalf of the IRFU to deflect away from the pro Irish nature of the league and instead attempt to convey some sort of impArtial work ethic?

-The pro14 conference system is an unfair sham?

-The impending recruitment of USA / German teams will further devalue the league in terms of strength / traditional rivalries and brand perception?

-Ulster and Munster to have 7 Sunday home fixtures a season from 2019 in the interests of fairness and due to those areas not having a completely backward socio-political climate

-The 2018/19 Pro14 final will surely take place in Parc Eirias, Colwyn Bay

Take your pic really. I assume you'll agree on all points, such is your newly acquired astute reading of the PrO'14

Wow you really do come across as an angry 12 year old, puberty will be rough for you


marty2086

Posts : 9261
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 4:59 pm

carpet baboon wrote:Glad to see the Pr'O 14 make a comeback.
And Lord wonders where nationality comes into this argument

You seriously do not want to debate about the point in hand do you ? Rolling Eyes

Never mind, nothing is wrong, typical responses on here from some of our Irish members.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12021
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 5:06 pm

marty2086 wrote:If it makes no difference then you must know why it was done?

Probably by the cowboys running our league, they are so out of touch of what the big picture is, it's not even funny.

They tell us what we want to hear, but they do not fill out their promises, and expect us fans to gulp it all up like it's ambrosia.

Our league is fundamentally flawed, yet nothing is being done to address it, but rather than discuss it, you and your mates would rather take the p1ss.

Why we cannot talk about this like adults is beyond me.

LordDowlais

Posts : 12021
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by SecretFly on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 5:10 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:Glad to see the Pr'O 14 make a comeback.
And Lord wonders where nationality comes into this argument

You seriously do not want to debate about the point in hand do you ? Rolling Eyes

Never mind, nothing is wrong, typical responses on here from some of our Irish members.

RugbyFan - the newbie - writes his stuff, and all you can think to comment on is carpet's one or two sentences?  Are you wifully blind to the contributions of RugbyFan?  Nationality isn't an issue?  

And we should offer this guy solace by constructively negotiating away his 'concerns' with constructive discussion?  Em sorry.  Most of us are still going to be Irish when we're going to bed at night...and Irish when we get up in the morning.  
Sorry for the inconvenience of that fact to RugbyFan and nope, I don't think any of us are going to be setting aside an understanding of his real agenda to humour him by chatting about his bluff one.

SecretFly

Posts : 27758
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future for the PRO14 - Part 5 - How are the Unions doing?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum