Missing from Round 1

Go down

Missing from Round 1

Post by LondonTiger on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 12:04 pm

England

Props: Marler, Genge, Mullan, Sinckler
Second Row - only distant back ups
Back Row - Vunipola, Hughes, Haskell
Half Backs -
Outside Backs - Daly, Nowell, Slade, Francis, Rokuduguni

Doubts - Brown, Robshaw

France

Front Row:  - Chat
Back Row: Gujon, Ollivon, Sanconnie, Cancoriet
Half Backs: Parra, Lopez
Outside Backs: Basteraud, Fofana, Lacroix, Nakaitaci, Raka, Dulin


Ireland

Back Row - SOB, Heaslip, Ruddock
Outside Backs - Ringrose, Payne, Gilroy

Doubts - Kilcoyne


Italy

Front Row - Zani, Gega
Outside Backs - Campagnaro


Scotland

Front Row - Brown, Ford, Turner, Dell, Marfo, Nel, Fagerson, Dickinson, Berghan
Second Row - Gray sr
Centres - Dunbar, Taylor



Wales

Second Row - Ball
Back Row - Faletau, Warburton
Half Backs - Webb, Biggar, Priestland
Outside Backs: Davies, Williams (Li), North



Would appreciate help in keeping this up to date. Trying to concentrate purely on players who would feature if available ahead of any selected. (thus would include 5th choice prop if at leas 3 of the top 4 were ruled out).


Last edited by LondonTiger on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 5:42 pm; edited 4 times in total

LondonTiger

Posts : 18044
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by propdavid_london on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 12:13 pm

Teo has said he is fit....no one else has.

propdavid_london

Posts : 3117
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by demosthenes on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 1:29 pm

You can add Richie Gray to the Scotland absentees.

demosthenes

Posts : 446
Join date : 2013-10-23
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by GeordieFalcon on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 1:48 pm

Are Scotland going for uncontested scrums..?

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 20333
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by EWT Spoons on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 1:50 pm

Is this just injuries as Scotland are missing Berghan for the Wales game due to suspension. Will be back for the rest of the 6 nations though

EWT Spoons

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by whocares on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 2:05 pm

You can add for France:
- Picamoles (choice rather than injury but think he will be back in round 2 or 3)
- wingers like Lacroix, Nakaitaci or even Raka and Dulin at FB
- Ollivon, Sanconnie and Cancoriet in the backrow.
- Chat (clear number 2 hooker)


whocares

Posts : 4121
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 41
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by munkian on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 2:27 pm

You potentially have North and Amos for Wales along with Leon Brown still following concussion protocols so hes out.

I'm pretty sure LW IS out for Scotland if not the whole thing.

avatar
munkian

Posts : 8089
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 37
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by Hazel Sapling on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 2:35 pm

LW? Laidlaw?

If it is, he completed 80 for Clermont against Montpellier. Looked good.

If there is a questionable section, Scotland have Wilson, Dunbar and Taylor as injury doubts. Dunbar (concussion) is most likely to be fit but Taylor (several concussions close together) and Wilson are more 50-50.

Hazel Sapling

Posts : 1370
Join date : 2015-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by Scottrf on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 2:37 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:LW? Laidlaw?

If it is, he completed 80 for Clermont against Montpellier. Looked good.

If there is a questionable section, Scotland have Wilson, Dunbar and Taylor as injury doubts. Dunbar (concussion) is most likely to be fit but Taylor (several concussions close together) and Wilson are more 50-50.

Liam Williams.

Scottrf

Posts : 13766
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by Hazel Sapling on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 2:46 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:LW? Laidlaw?

If it is, he completed 80 for Clermont against Montpellier. Looked good.

If there is a questionable section, Scotland have Wilson, Dunbar and Taylor as injury doubts. Dunbar (concussion) is most likely to be fit but Taylor (several concussions close together) and Wilson are more 50-50.

Liam Williams.

Was thinking of playing for Scotland Doh

Hazel Sapling

Posts : 1370
Join date : 2015-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by Scottrf on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 2:51 pm

whocares wrote:You can add for France:
- Picamoles (choice rather than injury but think he will be back in round 2 or 3)
- wingers like Lacroix, Nakaitaci or even Raka and Dulin at FB
- Ollivon, Sanconnie and Cancoriet in the backrow.
- Chat (clear number 2 hooker)


Fofana too? All the Clermont backs basically. All the flair players, all I see is a disjointed, overweight squad. I don't expect much.

Scottrf

Posts : 13766
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by SecretFly on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 3:44 pm

Ireland

Back Row - SOB, Heaslip
Outside Backs - Ringrose, Payne
Alleged Living Gods - Zebo, Beirne

Apart from those four guys (and the two anointed beings) yes, all other players in the entire country are fit........... for a change! Fingers Crossed

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by SecretFly on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 3:47 pm

Scottrf wrote:
whocares wrote:You can add for France:
- Picamoles (choice rather than injury but think he will be back in round 2 or 3)
- wingers like Lacroix, Nakaitaci or even Raka and Dulin at FB
- Ollivon, Sanconnie and Cancoriet in the backrow.
- Chat (clear number 2 hooker)


Fofana too? All the Clermont backs basically. All the flair players, all I see is a disjointed, overweight squad. I don't expect much.

Strange. Is that a sure sign that club means more than country now in Fance and that a bunch of quick sick notes are rushing in to avoid training under the new young and exciting International coach?

Stop it, Fly! You are sooooooo cynical.

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by LondonTiger on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 3:52 pm

SecretFly wrote:Ireland

Back Row - SOB, Heaslip
Outside Backs - Ringrose, Payne
Alleged Living Gods - Zebo, Beirne

Apart from those four guys (and the two anointed beings) yes, all other players in the entire country are fit........... for a change!  Fingers Crossed

I understand Dave Kilcoyne is injured. Would he have been on the bench?

LondonTiger

Posts : 18044
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by whocares on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 4:47 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
whocares wrote:You can add for France:
- Picamoles (choice rather than injury but think he will be back in round 2 or 3)
- wingers like Lacroix, Nakaitaci or even Raka and Dulin at FB
- Ollivon, Sanconnie and Cancoriet in the backrow.
- Chat (clear number 2 hooker)


Fofana too? All the Clermont backs basically. All the flair players, all I see is a disjointed, overweight squad. I don't expect much.

Strange.  Is that a sure sign that club means more than country now in Fance and that a bunch of quick sick notes are rushing in to avoid training under the new young and exciting International coach?

Stop it, Fly!  You are sooooooo cynical.

Yeah stop it Fly. You can do better than that I know Wink
These (Clermont) guys have been off for a while (except Parra). they are already out of play off race as well so not there is anything to play for during the 6N...

whocares

Posts : 4121
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 41
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 1:39 am

Wales

Back Row - Faletau, Warburton
Half Backs - Webb, Biggar, Priestland
Outside Backs: Davies

Doubts Williams (Li), North

Lydiate would have been in with a shot if his autumn reintroduction was anything to go by.

There's also Jake Ball at lock.

Leon Brown would have been in as third choice at TH.

Biggar is out for the first three rounds I think, not sure about Priestland but he should not have been in the mix anyway. Liam Williams is possibly back for the second round while North and Amos are rumoured to be thrown in for the first round.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7228
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by Rugby Fan on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 6:36 am

World Rugby has resisited jumping to conclusions about the cause of these injuries. It does seem as if there are more than usual but that's something else which perhaps needs to be verified.

If, however, Super Rugby sees a a lot of injuries when their season starts then the new laws will inevitably be blamed. That will put World Rugby on the spot. They may not be the root cause but if there are no changes, then we run the risk of continued high attrition in a World Cup year.


Rugby Fan

Posts : 4960
Join date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by eirebilly on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 7:12 am

LondonTiger wrote:


Ireland

Back Row - SOB, Heaslip
Outside Backs - Ringrose, Payne



For Ireland, SOB is a big miss but Heaslip not so much as I feel he is coming to the end of his career and in CJ and/or Conan there are better options.

Ringrose, a lot of hype made about him but I am yet to be convinced he is the best option and Ireland have more than enough centres of International standard. Payne, not sure Ulster or Ireland will see him play again with so many centres, he will not be missed.

All in all, Ireland seem to be the team least affected by injuries.

Good thread LT thumbsup
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23398
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by alive555 on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 7:54 am

Is Francis really a realistic option missing from Englands 1st team?
avatar
alive555

Posts : 1004
Join date : 2011-10-01
Location : Bangkok

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by George Carlin on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 7:54 am

Very good thread - let's keep this one up to date. 

For Scotland, there are usually more prone bodies lying around at the end of round 3 than there were at the Battle of Thermopylae.
avatar
George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14352
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by TightHEAD on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 8:00 am

Rob Howley's coaching has been missing for some time!
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3620
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by LondonTiger on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 9:00 am

alive555 wrote:Is Francis really a realistic option missing from Englands 1st team?

A realistic option on the bench - in the autumn when fit he was ahead of Lozowski, but not a big miss tbh

LondonTiger

Posts : 18044
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by cascough on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 9:06 am

LondonTiger wrote:
alive555 wrote:Is Francis really a realistic option missing from Englands 1st team?

A realistic option on the bench - in the autumn when fit he was ahead of Lozowski, but not a big miss tbh

He wasn't.

Francis is a fringe player at the moment.

cascough

Posts : 936
Join date : 2016-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by marty2086 on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 9:12 am

LondonTiger wrote:
Ireland

Back Row - SOB, Heaslip
Outside Backs - Ringrose, Payne

Jackson, Ruddock, Gilroy

Kilcoynes a doubt

marty2086

Posts : 10174
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 32
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by LondonTiger on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 9:30 am

Rugby Fan wrote:World Rugby has resisited jumping to conclusions about the cause of these injuries. It does seem as if there are more than usual but that's something else which perhaps needs to be verified.

If, however, Super Rugby sees a a lot of injuries when their season starts then the new laws will inevitably be blamed. That will put World Rugby on the spot. They may not be the root cause but if there are no changes, then we run the risk of continued high attrition in a World Cup year.


Jan 2017 - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/extraordinary-injury-crisis-could-decimate-12437085
Oct 2016 - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/10/24/joe-launchbury-i-am-ready-to-answer-englands-injury-crisis/
Sept 2015 - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/sep/20/wales-injury-crisis-rugby-world-cup-england-cory-allen
Jan 2014 - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/10606582/Six-Nations-2014-Injury-has-forced-Stuart-Lancasters-hand-but-young-guns-can-triumph-in-Parisian-bear-pit.html
Oct 2013 - http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/wallaby-injury-crisis-2013-its-worse-than-you-thought/
Nov 2012 - https://www.express.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/358815/Injury-crisis-adds-to-Welsh-woe
Dec 2011 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/16030788
July 2010 - https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/en/news/13229.php
Nov 2009 - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/rugby-chiefs-tackle-injury-crisis-6715747.html


Etc.

Not saying we should be complacent, and with the ball in play more now there are more collisions in the game and a higher risk of injury, but injury crises are not a new thing. Concussive injuries are probably much better reported now and managed too.

LondonTiger

Posts : 18044
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing from Round 1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum