The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Task Four - National League Success

+4
Fernando
Hero
Marky
Trebs
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Task Four - National League Success Empty Task Four - National League Success

Post by Trebs Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:02 pm

As Nando has been abdicated, the Apprentice starts here with Mr Trebs at the helm. I have noted past performances, but it is largely this task onwards which is where the process will be won and lost.

One of the current National League sides has been expelled with immediate effect. Mr Trebs has stepped in quickly, and will be competing in the National League starting this week.

I have acquired a stadium with a capacity of 6,000 and will be chairman of a new London-based team. We have a special agreement with the National League to start the season on 50 points, which puts us in a competitive position. The target is promotion.

However, the transfer window is now closed and we are unable to make any signings. So for this season, we will have to rely on free agents only. We will also need a manager, and any coaching staff as required. Note that you will have to explain yourself, so while Patrice Evra may currently be a free agent, he would not be joining a National League side.

The budget for the next six months is £600,000. I expect the side to get promoted. Further funds will be available in the summer as we look to progress, but that is outside of the scope of this task. Assume all staff you bring in will be on a contract for this 6 month period only.

To summarise, your submission should include:
- General team overview - Starting XI/Playing Style
- A squad list of 23 players
- Any other staff to be appointed
- Costings for six months

Those who made it to Task 3 are automatically eligible for this task, and Fernando has requested a place in the process. The teams are therefore as follows:

Team 1 - Fernando, BamBam, Hero
Team 2 - Olly, Marky, Nadz

You have until next Wednesday 14th at midnight to complete your submissions. The boardroom will take place next Thursday. Love will not be in the air, as at least one of you will be fired.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Task Four - National League Success Empty Re: Task Four - National League Success

Post by Marky Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:10 pm

Which team will we be replacing in the national league?
Can players with £0 price on transfermarkt count as free agents?
Will we be able to sign the removed clubs players for no fee?
Can we loan players?
Can we sign semi pro players from other clubs?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Task Four - National League Success Empty Re: Task Four - National League Success

Post by Trebs Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Which team will we be replacing in the national league?
For arguments sake we'll say Bromley. But this should not have a bearing on the task.

Can players with £0 price on transfermarkt count as free agents?
No, only players unsigned to a club.

Will we be able to sign the removed clubs players for no fee?
No, the removed club's players are not a factor for the purposes of this task.

Can we loan players?
Yes, you may have five players in the squad on loan.

Can we sign semi pro players from other clubs?
If they are under contract, then no. Unless someone can suggest to me otherwise that this would be a legal signing outside of the transfer window.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 pm

Is the 600k solely for wages of the players? Or is the entire budget running of the club involved? (other staff, match day policing, pitch maintenance, coaches, and then in reverse generation of funds from shirt sponsorship, banners etc)
Are we required to apply costing to price tickets etc?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Hero wrote:Is the 600k solely for wages of the players? Or is the entire budget running of the club involved? (other staff, match day policing, pitch maintenance, coaches, and then in reverse generation of funds from shirt sponsorship, banners etc)
Are we required to apply costing to price tickets etc?

The £600,000 is for only for the players and any other staff you appoint. All other costs are not part of the task.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:37 pm

Does the same apply in regards to generating extra funding?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Hero wrote:Does the same apply in regards to generating extra funding?

You may not generate extra funding. The focus of this task should be on organising the players Ok!

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:10 pm

Just to clarify - anyone who was a free agent as of the start of 7th February is still considered a free agent on this task. So if you wanted to use Patrice Evra, that's fine.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Can I ask who the project managers for the two teams are please?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Ours is Herooooooo cos he knows NL stuff.

Out of interest is this about making a realistic NL 23 man side or just anyone that's a free agent since you brought up Evra?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:55 pm

However, the transfer window is now closed and we are unable to make any signings. So for this season, we will have to rely on free agents only. We will also need a manager, and any coaching staff as required. Note that you will have to explain yourself, so while Patrice Evra may currently be a free agent, he would not be joining a National League side.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:47 pm

Missed that bit Laugh cheers Fro-Jo

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:12 am

Please note that I am going to tweak the task slightly. I originally asked for 23 players, with five loans permissable.

This is to be modified to 11 players, with up to three loans. However, the budget will now be halved to £300,000. Please let me know if there are any questions.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Just as a reminder, submissions are due by end of today please.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Team FBH - Fernando, Bam, Hero

Players
For this task we felt that we had to take into account the environment in which the players were involved and the location of the club. London is not a cheap place to live in and for National League level players they're not on the highest wages so the vast majority of players are not going to up sticks and move across the country. We also wanted to ensure we hired players who knew the task at hand, the National League is a bitch of a league to get out of, only one automatic place and then the next 6 go into play offs for the remaining spot. As a result we felt it unrealistic to target Premier League loanees, for us these clubs would not wish to see their talented youngsters drop to the 5th tier where they could pick up bad habits or worse still, injuries. We’ve focused upon Fulham for loanee players, firstly by concentrating on one particular club it then brings in 3 players who hopefully have an understanding, something that at this stage of the season is required but also to develop our club as one that in future Fulham can work with in a mutual beneficial nature.

PositionFirst NameSurnameLast clubAgeWage per week6 month
GK MagnusNormanFulham (loanee)
LBNathanMavilaWingate & Finchley
CBScottDoeDagenham & Redbridge
CBJohnMcCombeChester
RBMarlonFosseyFulham (loanee)
DMNathanDoyleLuton
CMMarkDaviesBolton
AMLukeGuttridgeDagenham & Redbridge
LWIsaacPearceFulham (loanee)
RWJermainePennantBillericay Town
STMorgan FerrierDagenham & Redbridge
ManagerJohnAskeyMacclesfield
1st team CoachByronJenkinsMacclesfield
GK coachBillGortonMacclesfield
Total

Manager
We decided to target a manager who knows the league well, based on that we chose John Askey of Macclesfield, a manager that personally I know a lot about as it's the club I support, they're the current league leaders of the league despite the fact that Macclesfield operate on one of the smallest wage bills in the league and Askey has done wonders with the club, that doesn't though mean I think he'd be unattainable, Macclesfield recently failed to pay wages for the staff in January and have constant rumours of financial difficulties so a cash incentive of £40k to the club should easily tempt the Macc owners to let him go. We'd also wish to bring his backroom staff of Byron Jenkins as 1st team coach and Bill Gorton as GK coach. In bringing in a manager from a rival this also disrupts them and we'd expect to see Macclesfield drop down the table as a result thus hopefully improving our chances of promotion.

Play Style

We'll look to build on the successful formula sides in the National Leagues have employed.
Sticking to a basic 4-5-1 formation with the flexibility to turn into 4-3-3. Our CBs are strong, and very good in the air able to repel any long ball style approach that our opposition will attack with. Full backs have plenty of pace to cope with the pacey but limited wingers they will likely be facing
In midfield, we've gone for a 3 to fill the central areas, one true defensive midfielder who will look to protect defence, one box to box CM and one attacking midfield player who will look to provide quality.
Pennant is our wildcard, having had the quality to play much higher levels of football, we'll look to use his pace and creativity to create chances. On the other wing, we've got an out and out pace man to really get on the end of knock downs and run in behind
Ferrier is our man to lead the line, he is a proven National League goal scorer with 11 last season, and has the physical presence to battle defenders, holding up the ball to bring our midfield into play.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 am

Team Marky, Olly and Nadz

We hope you enjoy our presentation.

General team overview - Starting XI/Playing Style

Our eleven players consist of eight free agents, and three loanees.

Free Agents
Ross Turnbull (free agent since leaving Leeds United, formerly of Chelsea)
Aaron Jones (free agent since leaving Philadelphia Union, English born)
Kelvin Wilson (free agent since leaving Rotherham United)
Remie Streete (free agent since leaving Port Vale)
Nathan Doyle (free agent since leaving Luton Town)
Brian Howard (free agent since leaving Whitehawk, formerly of Barnsley)
Ishmael Miller (free agent since leaving Bury)
Richard Brodie (free agent since leaving Solihull Moors, proven National League goalscorer with York City and Crawley Town)

Loan signings
Joe Riley (Manchester United U23)
Alex Bradley (West Bromwich Albion U23)
Dean Cox (Crawley Town)

Turnbull
Jones - Wilson - Streete - Riley
Bradley - Howard - Doyle - Cox
Miller - Brodie

Playing Style
There would be a lot of emphasis on getting the ball to the front two, creativity from deep in Howard and Cox, pace wide from our Academy loanees, Bradley on the right and Riley overlapping Cox on the left as Cox cuts in. Defensively solid with two banks of four, Nathan Doyle breaking up play in front of an experienced (at this level) centre back pairing.

Any other staff to be appointed
John Yems of Bournemouth will be our manager, legitimately after a management role in the south east, applied for the Crawley Town job last summer, knows non league and the lower league from his previous roles and including his current role as a coach at Bournemouth before they went from League 2 up to the Premier League. We would allow Yems to name his own assistant.

Costings for six months
8 players costing no more than £248k over 26 weeks.

Player and weekly wage
Ross Turnbull - £1000 × 26 weeks = £26000
Aaron Jones - £750 × 26 weeks = £19500
Kelvin Wilson - £1000 × 26 weeks = £26000
Remie Streete - £1000 × 26 weeks = £26000
Nathan Doyle - £1000 × 26 weeks = £26000
Brian Howard - £750 × 26 weeks = £19500
Ishmael Miller - £1000 × 26 weeks = £26000
Richard Brodie - £750 × 26 weeks = £19500

Total over 26 weeks = £188500

3 loanees at £0 per week as we have selected three players who we feel their parent club would be more than happy to let us have for the remainder of the season, on the premise we would be giving them regular gametime, and playing a standard of football that suits their style. We absolutely feel that we would deliver on both of those demands.

1 manager at £1250 per week over 26 weeks = £32.5k
1 assistant manager (to be named by the manager) at £750 per week over 26 weeks = £19.5k

Remaining budget = £59500, which would be divided between the players and management (in this scenario 13 people) leaving a possible promotion bonus of just over £4500 per person.

We feel this enticement would give everyone the encouragement required to push us on to promotion.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:06 pm

Good afternoon everyone, thank you all for coming. I am pleased to see that both teams have put in their submissions on time. Unfortunately as this is way the process must go, at least one of you will be fired. I want to note that I may fire more than one, and it may be from the winning team if someone hasn't pulled their weight.

First of all, I would like to ask the following questions.

- I noticed that neither team had an official project manager as such. How did your team dynamic work and did everyone in your team pull their weight?

- There is a reliance on older players in both sides. Do you feel that you perhaps should have looked for more youngsters to look after the future of the club.

- Do you feel that £300k was a suitable budget for the task I set. Would your team get promotion?

- Why do you think your submission is better than the other team's?

I have my own comments on your submissions and further questions. I will follow up with specific questions for both teams once I have heard from a few of you.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 pm

I noticed that neither team had an official project manager as such. How did your team dynamic work and did everyone in your team pull their weight?

I sort of took the lead on it but mainly due to having a bit more knowledge on the National League than Nando and Bam, Nando assisted with scouting players and Bam wrote the tactics so both were happy to assist where they could.

- There is a reliance on older players in both sides. Do you feel that you perhaps should have looked for more youngsters to look after the future of the club.

Would love to but that wasn't the requirement of the task, I though already mentioned in our summary that we would look to a mutual agreement with Fulham so hopefully that would pay dividends in the future to bring in young talent from the area.

- Do you feel that £300k was a suitable budget for the task I set. Would your team get promotion?

Cash wise it was about right for the task although I raised issue with the length of the contracts, generally most National League clubs let players contracts run out in May, keep bare bones over the break to save on the wage bill and then begin to hire again mid June onwards for the following campaign.
'Would our team get promotion?' I'd be extremely surprised if any team cobbled together from leftovers in February could compete with squads that have played together for several months. Match fitness, team understanding and chemistry etc all goes against us. The only positive is players should be fresher and injury free.

Because we've given consideration to both the league we're in and our location:
We've hired a manager who's been in the league for several years, is at a rival so weakens them.
We've taken into account the location of the club and the realisation that despite being footballers the National League wage doesn't go far in London especially if it requires the players to find accommodation, 9 of our starting eleven are within easy commutable distance to the club.
We've given consideration to the loanees and gone for 3 players from the same club so that there's already a bond in the team. We've brought in a captain who's previously worked for the manager.
We've hired backroom staff that again the manager has worked with.
The other team did none of this.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:08 pm

I agree with what Hero has said i would also like to throw in that if we went for youth we'd be risking on players further down the NL ladder so North/South on a non contract basis but you can't guarantee any kind of success or that they read for the step up.

Id also question why Ross Turnbull would drop to the NL could easily play Lg1/2.
Id also question why a guy would re-locate from America for such a small wage.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Thank you for your comments. Once I hear from someone on the other team I will ask questions specifically to both sides.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:28 pm

- I noticed that neither team had an official project manager as such. How did your team dynamic work and did everyone in your team pull their weight?
We all worked well together, initially I took the lead in terms of a player longlist, based on this I felt best placed to take on the Team Captain role for this task, also taking into account I support a team with a rich non league background as opposed to Norwich and Real Madrid fans who would naturally know less. But everybody contributed, Nadz especially with his Academy side scouting.

Wasn't really an option considering the restraints of only going after free agents and also needing to find players who will get us promoted, we had to get experience on board.

I think £300k was suitable, it gave us enough to bring in suitable players and yet not be accused of buying the title. I don't think realistically either side would get promotion as every other side in competition with us would have far superior chemistry and fitness from having had a pre season together. I feel we would have a chance though.

I think they've focused on minor details that ultimately make zero difference and hae taken their eyes off the ball in that they don't really have any match winners in their side.

They've also unrealistically poached Macclesfield's management team as despite Hero being a Macclesfield fan, there is no way any manager would leave their position to join a brand new club and give up a stable job. Nor would any club accept a £40k payment to give up their chance of Football League Promotion. It just smacks of laziness for them to just take Hero's teams manager.

We've picked a manager who is realistically available, would realistically join us, and also in terms of us having not selected a backroom team, we didn't just lazily poach a management team, we realistically left it up to our manager to select his own assistant coach.

Last edited by Marky on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Fernando wrote:I agree with what Hero has said i would also like to throw in that if we went for youth we'd be risking on players further down the NL ladder so North/South on a non contract basis but you can't guarantee any kind of success or that they read for the step up.

Id also question why Ross Turnbull would drop to the NL could easily play Lg1/2.
Id also question why a guy would re-locate from America for such a small wage.

Ross Turnbull hasn't though has he. We feel he'd definitely accept a short term deal in London to stay fit and stay relevant.

Also the guy who was in America isn't there anymore.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Thank you Marky for representing your team. I have the following questions for Team POWER.

- Joe Riley is a very ambitious pick at full back. I have no doubt that he would do well in the National League. Given that he is the Manchester United U23 captain, can you explain why moving to the National League would be better for his career than training at Man United's facilities?

- John Yems is an interesting choice for manager, and I like the fact you have allowed him to name his own assistant. But do you think you would have been better off naming a manager who has proven himself at this level?

- I would like to question a couple of choices you have made in your side. Firstly, Richard Brodie is currently at Rushall Olympic scoring goals for them, so can you explain this one. And secondly, what made you pick Aaron Jones at right back?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:44 pm

In reply to the comment over our manager.

The Macclesfield managerial role is certainly not one that is stable. As previously mentioned Macclesfield failed to pay wages in January and have long standing financial issues. The club has lived outside its means for a long time and most fans are of the opinion that the owners cannot actually afford for the club to go back into League 2 with the costs involved. They're already pushing from within to fast-track Danny Whittaker into management and can easily see him take on the role as did John Askey when he retired from playing.

Lazily picking backroom staff who I know work well with the manager compared to not actually picking backroom staff? Hmm which is lazier???

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:46 pm

- Joe Riley is a very ambitious pick at full back. I have no doubt that he would do well in the National League. Given that he is the Manchester United U23 captain, can you explain why moving to the National League would be better for his career than training at Man United's facilities?

Clubs are always willing to pit their academy players against lower league sides as shown in the Checkatrade Trophy. Manchester United aren't in the Checkatrade Trophy so we feel the opportunity to give their captain a few months playing far more competitive football would be a win for all parties.

- John Yems is an interesting choice for manager, and I like the fact you have allowed him to name his own assistant. But do you think you would have been better off naming a manager who has proven himself at this level?
Arguably yes, but then there aren't any "proven" managers who a) are available or b) would leave their stable job for this job. Plus Yems has managed at non league level before. In the Conference with Crawley Town no less.

- I would like to question a couple of choices you have made in your side. Firstly, Richard Brodie is currently at Rushall Olympic scoring goals for them, so can you explain this one. And secondly, what made you pick Aaron Jones at right back?
Transfermarkt lists Richard Brodie as a free agent otherwise we wouldn't have selected him. If he's at Rushall Olympic then that's an oversight not only on our part but on transfermarkt's part too.

Aaron Jones is an English right back who has been a free agent since leaving Philadelphia Union. Aged 23 and originally from Great Yarmouth, it was a feasible decision to offer him a short term deal in England in a bid to help him rebuild his career.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Hero wrote:Lazily picking backroom staff who I know work well with the manager compared to not actually picking backroom staff? Hmm which is lazier???

Dictating to a new manager who he should have with him is not an ideal way to kick off running a club mate.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Marky wrote: Plus Yems has managed at non league level before. In the Conference with Crawley Town no less.[/b]

Marky wrote:
It just smacks of laziness for them to just take Hero'sMarky's team ex-manager.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Hero wrote:
Marky wrote: Plus Yems has managed at non league level before. In the Conference with Crawley Town no less.[/b]

Marky wrote:
It just smacks of laziness for them to just take Hero'sMarky's team ex-manager.

He was caretaker manager for a couple of months and has since become a coach at Bournemouth but is openly looking to get back into management. But nice try.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Where is it that it states he's 'openly' looking to return to club management, do you have any sources for this?
Only thing I could find about him and management was this quote from his old Horsham boss:

"John was an excellent coach, but a terrible manager and at the end of that season Horsham were relegated. Supporters made comments about John not knowing what he was doing"

Sounds great.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Hero wrote:Where is it that it states he's 'openly' looking to return to club management, do you have any sources for this?
Only thing I could find about him and management was this quote from his old Horsham boss:

"John was an excellent coach, but a terrible manager and at the end of that season Horsham were relegated. Supporters made comments about John not knowing what he was doing"

Sounds great.

I'll post you some straws to clutch at. You've posted a quote from someone who said he wasn't a good manager back in 1993 Laugh

I have spoken to John Yems personally. That's from the horses mouth. Sorry its not on the Internet for you.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:03 pm

My thoughts are as follows:

- I haven't seen any evidence that Aaron Jones is currently based in the UK, I'm aware he was born here and is an interesting pick. But it's not one I'd have gone for.

- If Man Utd were to loan out Joe Riley, it would be to a side in the Football League rather than the National League. I think this is a mistake.

- Richard Brodie is definitely not currently a free agent. Olly previously asked the question about signing semi-pro players, which is why I enquired about this.

- I am aware of John Yems history, and I think he would be happy to join. I agree with your opinion on allowing him to select his own assistant. But I'm just not sure whether you'd have been better served going with a different option.

Moving on to the other team....

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Just to add, Richard Brodie is STILL listed as a free agent on transfermarkt, the website we all use all the time. I think it'd be harsh to use that against us.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:06 pm

And there's also very little difference between League 2 and the National League so loaning a player to the National League isn't the semi pro ugliness it once was. Majority of the sides are full time professionals and those who go up from the National League often find success in League 2, just like those who get relegated from League 2 struggle badly in the National League.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Marky wrote:
Hero wrote:Where is it that it states he's 'openly' looking to return to club management, do you have any sources for this?

Sounds great.

I'll post you some straws to clutch at. You've posted a quote from someone who said he wasn't a good manager back in 1993 Laugh

I have spoken to John Yems personally. That's from the horses mouth. Sorry its not on the Internet for you.

Oh I've spoke to Messi and Ronaldo personally and they're onboard for us. Proof? Just have to take my word for it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Questions for Team FBH
- You have considered that the players should be from around the London area, as that is where my team is based. However, the manager is currently at Macclesfield, and has a long association with the club, having played, coached and now managing. Do you think he would leave them for a new club?

- Is £350 per week enough of a wage for Bill Gorton?

- The other team have budgeted a very generous promotion bonus to their staff. Did you consider this when calculating up your budget?

- I have looked through your squad. The obvious star name is Jermaine Pennant, who was released by Billericay Town. Which of you came up with the idea to sign him? Is there any evidence to suggest Nathan Doyle is fit enough to come into our team?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:10 pm

Marky wrote:Just to add, Richard Brodie is STILL listed as a free agent on transfermarkt, the website we all use all the time. I think it'd be harsh to use that against us.

I mean if you put his name into google it's literally the 2nd option Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:11 pm

To clarify a couple of things:

- I think John Yems would leave Bournemouth for a managerial vacancy. The question is related to his experience and quality, not whether he'd want the job.

- I am not giving an auto-loss for Richard Brodie, but it is something on my mind.

- I want to hear answers from all on whether this side is deemed capable of promotion, and why youth was not considered.

Nobody will be fired until I have heard from all six of you at least once. Even if it means it spills into tomorrow.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Hero wrote:
Marky wrote:

Sounds great.

Oh I've spoke to Messi and Ronaldo personally and they're onboard for us. Proof? Just have to take my word for it.

Desperation there.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Fernando wrote:
Marky wrote:Just to add, Richard Brodie is STILL listed as a free agent on transfermarkt, the website we all use all the time. I think it'd be harsh to use that against us.

I mean if you put his name into google it's literally the 2nd option Whistle

Aye. We used Transfermarkt not Google based on this.

Trebs wrote:Can players with £0 price on transfermarkt count as free agents?
No, only players unsigned to a club.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Trebs wrote:Questions for Team FBH
- You have considered that the players should be from around the London area, as that is where my team is based. However, the manager is currently at Macclesfield, and has a long association with the club, having played, coached and now managing. Do you think he would leave them for a new club? With the financial instability at Macclesfield i believe a weekly wages paid on time would be enough to draw them away.

- Is £350 per week enough of a wage for Bill Gorton? Yes as a Goalkeeper coach it is enough whilst he's not on Manager/1st team coach money the room is there to progress if he wants to.

- The other team have budgeted a very generous promotion bonus to their staff. Did you consider this when calculating up your budget? We have £47000 left that could easily be used for a Promotion bonus or equally a small wage raise in the event of Promotion

- I have looked through your squad. The obvious star name is Jermaine Pennant, who was released by Billericay Town. Which of you came up with the idea to sign him? Is there any evidence to suggest Nathan Doyle is fit enough to come into our team? Hero came up with the idea for Pennant which with recent stories about his life would be a good way to keep his head down and give him something to get his teeth into ,  Doyle - Despite his achilles injury we believe that he deserves the chance to get his career back on track. Luton released him to find a new club so he's clearly over it and preparing for a return into football which we believe is worth the risk  

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:23 pm

It's all well and good saying "there was money left that could be used as a bonus" but it wasn't specified and it wasn't considered.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Questions for Team FBH
- You have considered that the players should be from around the London area, as that is where my team is based. However, the manager is currently at Macclesfield, and has a long association with the club, having played, coached and now managing. Do you think he would leave them for a new club?

- I believe so, he's been linked to move to better clubs recently and despite Macclesfield's current high position I think he's taken the club as far as he can. His wage currently is not great at the club and as mentioned beforehand the club struggles financially, failing to pay all staff on time in January.  

Bill runs a sideline of goalkeeper training sessions for keen youngsters. He'd be able to continue this in London at a higher fee and we'd allow him to use our facilities free of charge to do so.

- The other team have budgeted a very generous promotion bonus to their staff. Did you consider this when calculating up your budget?

We didn't, though that the vast majority of players can commute to work should mean that the players aren't living on a pittance each week in hope of a end of season reward.  

- I have looked through your squad. The obvious star name is Jermaine Pennant, who was released by Billericay Town. Which of you came up with the idea to sign him? Is there any evidence to suggest Nathan Doyle is fit enough to come into our team?

That was my suggestion and I'll stand by it even if it results on me falling on my sword. He's had off field issues but his quality is exceptional for this level.
In regards to Doyle, he's not announced a retirement and he's still listed as available, there's no suggestion therefore that he's not fit enough and that's for you to prove otherwise.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Thanks for your comments. I would like to hear from Bam, Olly and Nadz before announcing my decisions.

Just would like to say that I'm not firing anyone for throwing a team-mate under the bus, and that has no relevance to my decision on the winning team. So would like honest answers regarding this.

To tell the truth, it suits me to fire two people from the process and it might be best to look at the weakest person from each team...

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Joe Riley is a very ambitious pick at full back. I have no doubt that he would do well in the National League. Given that he is the Manchester United U23 captain, can you explain why moving to the National League would be better for his career than training at Man United's facilities?

It's obvious Man United would have the better facilities. But playing for us will toughen Joe up. This league will help him with getting down and dirty and will give him a mean streak that you need to play in the top flight,  He will be coming up against no nonsense players and will need to bulk up to get to grips with the physicality of the league. At our team he will only improve in the future as he will have improved the physical aspects of his game and would improve his chances of becoming future first choice Left back fir the United first team.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:25 pm

He could do that in League 1 or 2 aswell Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Fernando wrote:He could do that in League 1 or 2 aswell Whistle

Except nobody else made an offer for him obviously.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:41 pm

He rejected a move to Bradford which is League 1 yet you think he's going to join you on loan?

Ok then.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Questions for Team FBH

Yes, we think he would. At this level, a month without wages is potentially financially crippling on a personal level. Moving a couple of hours down south to a team offering financial security, ambition and the ability to potentially build a squad in his vision in a few months could be very tempting. Given his status as a player, coach and manager I think he would have the respect of Macc Town's owners, fans and players, and if he was to make the decision to move, their best wishes, which will obviously be an important part of being able to move.

Yes, as it isn't necessarily the only job he would have

No we didn't. We think promotion itself is enough of an incentive with the future rewards of League football

Hero had the idea of Pennant, but Nando and I were immediately in agreement, given the level of football he has been released from and his potential quality if our management team can get the best out of him. It is a worthy gamble

Last edited by BamBam on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Man Utd u23 players currently on loan

https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united-u21/leihspieler/verein/9251

The lowest level of football any of those have been sent to is League 1 (or Scottish Premiership depending on your view)

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Fernando wrote:He rejected a move to Bradford which is League 1 yet you think he's going to join you on loan?

Ok then.
As I live in Bradford, he made the right decision in not coming here. His career would have ended the minute he walked into this place.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next