6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 7:37 pm

Umm what can you say, looks like the wooden spoon game.

Friday night KO, about as exciting as it gets.

Feel free to discuss the game or anything else you want to chat about, most of us will be elsewhere discussing import matters.



France: Bonneval, Fall, Bastareaud, Doumayrou, Grosso, Beauxis, Machenaud; Poirot, Guirado (captain), Slimani, Gabrillagues, Vahaamahina, Lauret, Camara, Tauleigne.
Replacements: Pelissie, Priso, Gomes Sa, Taofifenua, Galletier, Couilloud, Trinh-Duc, Fickou.

Italy: Minozzi, Benvenuti, Boni, Castello, Bellini, Allan, Violi; Lovotti, Ghiraldini, Ferrari, Zanni, Budd, Negri, Mbanda, Parisse (captain).
Replacements: Bigi, Quaglio, Pasquali, Biagi, Ruzza, Gori, Canna, Hayward.


Last edited by TightHEAD on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by majesticimperialman on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 7:43 pm

With France dropping so many players for this game, are they taking Italy too lightly?

majesticimperialman

Posts : 4695
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 9:24 am

France get away with it once again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43077733
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by SecretFly on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 12:47 pm

I wish more French and Italians would join this site and post their own thoughts There's gotta be some of you out there..... and don't worry about your English, it's better than some of us people that be flooent at it.

Anyway, I don't like the way that France and Italy are so smugly set-aside as 'dem others' on this site. Here's to a great game and if it ends up 12 - 6; well then, it'll be a classic, won't it.

SecretFly

Posts : 28764
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 1:10 pm

Ah!,  a red vote, hmm I wonder who did that? laughing Laugh Yahoo
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 1:17 pm

I guess they are too busy selling Onions and making Pasta to post on 606 fly?
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by SecretFly on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 1:17 pm

Not moi anyway........ So it's just gotta be majestic innit?

SecretFly

Posts : 28764
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by TrailApe on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 1:36 pm

Fair enough the French have just binned half the team because they went Oot on the Lash, however they are bringing some decent individuals in to replace them (well I recognise the names anyway).

Perhaps that could be their Achilles Heel - they will be even more a set of individuals than a team and Italy have a reasonably settled side (ish).

I'll be cheering on the team with blue in their strip and drinking a bottle of their wine whilst the epic unfolds across the screen and rumbles to it's conclusion 102 minutes after kick off with most of one of the teams having bandages wrapped round their head in case they hurt an ankle.

avatar
TrailApe

Posts : 882
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Newcastle upon Tyne

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by SecretFly on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 2:27 pm

You divil, Ape!

SecretFly

Posts : 28764
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 10:44 am

We have a France v Italy thread but nothing for Wales v Ireland??? C'mon boys, sort it out.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 33987
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by BamBam on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 10:49 am

No one wants to be the one to open up the gates of hell

BamBam

Posts : 14422
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 11:03 am

Be glad it's jackson reffing. At least it'll be a new type of moan after the game.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16792
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by lostinwales on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:32 pm

SecretFly wrote:I wish more French and Italians would join this site and post their own thoughts  There's gotta be some of you out there..... and don't worry about your English, it's better than some of us people that be flooent at it.

Anyway, I don't like the way that France and Italy are so smugly set-aside as 'dem others' on this site.  Here's to a great game and if it ends up 12 - 6; well then, it'll be a classic, won't it.

You'll just end up with greyghost creating yet another account and pretending to be Italian for 5 minutes before the usual crap boils over

lostinwales

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by whocares on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:34 pm

lostinwales wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I wish more French and Italians would join this site and post their own thoughts  There's gotta be some of you out there..... and don't worry about your English, it's better than some of us people that be flooent at it.

Anyway, I don't like the way that France and Italy are so smugly set-aside as 'dem others' on this site.  Here's to a great game and if it ends up 12 - 6; well then, it'll be a classic, won't it.

You'll just end up with greyghost creating yet another account and pretending to be Italian for 5 minutes before the usual crap boils over

I remember the fake Japanese account but must have missed that one !

whocares

Posts : 4129
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 41
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by TightHEAD on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:51 pm

The winner of this match will be presented with the Giuseppe Garibaldi Trophy.

Erm
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by lostinwales on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 6:33 pm

whocares wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I wish more French and Italians would join this site and post their own thoughts  There's gotta be some of you out there..... and don't worry about your English, it's better than some of us people that be flooent at it.

Anyway, I don't like the way that France and Italy are so smugly set-aside as 'dem others' on this site.  Here's to a great game and if it ends up 12 - 6; well then, it'll be a classic, won't it.

You'll just end up with greyghost creating yet another account and pretending to be Italian for 5 minutes before the usual crap boils over

I remember the fake Japanese account but must have missed that one !

There was an argentinian one that I can remember

lostinwales

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by whocares on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 10:12 am

France uninspiring starting XV:
15. Bonneval ; 14. Fall, 13. Bastareaud, 12. Doumayrou, 11. Grosso ; 10. Beauxis, 9. Machenaud ; 7. Camara, 8. Tauleigne, 6. Lauret ; 5. Vahaamahina, 4. Gabrillagues ; 3. Slimani, 2. Guirado (cap), 1. Poirot.

The back 3 is really average (predictable Bonneval, outdated Fall and boring Grosso? no thank you) and the rest hardly better. France to kick all game and win thanks to 7 Machenaud penalties and one Beauxis DG. Parisse to be red carded. Make sure no kids are in front of the TV on Friday night.

whocares

Posts : 4129
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 41
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by aqualung71 on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 10:12 am

been missing from the chat for a long time, hello to everyone..another trashing on the way me thinks

aqualung71

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by aqualung71 on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 10:13 am

whocares wrote:France uninspiring starting XV:
15. Bonneval ; 14. Fall, 13. Bastareaud, 12. Doumayrou, 11. Grosso ; 10. Beauxis, 9. Machenaud ; 7. Camara, 8. Tauleigne, 6. Lauret ; 5. Vahaamahina, 4. Gabrillagues ; 3. Slimani, 2. Guirado (cap), 1. Poirot.

The back 3 is really average (predictable Bonneval, outdated Fall and boring Grosso? no thank you) and the rest hardly better. France to kick all game and win thanks to 7 Machenaud penalties and one Beauxis DG. Parisse to be red carded. Make sure no kids are in front of the TV on Friday night.
fantastic preview, I above all agree on Parisse red carded Very Happy

aqualung71

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by aqualung71 on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 10:16 am

BTW I'm italian

aqualung71

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Scottrf on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 10:34 am

aqualung71 wrote:BTW I'm italian


Ciao amico

Scottrf

Posts : 13773
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by SecretFly on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 10:46 am

I think Italy will feel they have a real shot here.  They've seen that France are still not there with Brunel.  They scored three tries against Ireland in Dublin and Parisse said that Irish team was a sterner test than England, a team they scored two tries against.  
They have 5 tries under their belt from supposedly the two strongest sides.  So we'll see if O'Shea is making incremental progress now with players in camp longer, training aided by analysis of two tough games, and the third game on the horizon.

SecretFly

Posts : 28764
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by TightHEAD on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 10:54 am

Going forward Italy look good, just need to start playing in the 1st minute and not allow 20 unanswered points to be scored before they get on the board themselves.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by aqualung71 on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 12:13 pm

Scottrf wrote:
aqualung71 wrote:BTW I'm italian


Ciao amico
grazie

aqualung71

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by aqualung71 on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 12:40 pm

SecretFly wrote:I think Italy will feel they have a real shot here.  They've seen that France are still not there with Brunel.  They scored three tries against Ireland in Dublin and Parisse said that Irish team was a sterner test than England, a team they scored two tries against.  
They have 5 tries under their belt from supposedly the two strongest sides.  So we'll see if O'Shea is making incremental progress now with players in camp longer, training aided by analysis of two tough games, and the third game on the horizon.
good point. Is actually what COS is doing, in accordance and together the two pro 14 coaches. Seems like we are developing a new and unknow, for us, attacking game ball in hand. I didn't see for a single minute this year the usual tight defensive line and all our usual puffing and mauling 10 men game.
very good ball-in-hand attacking game. This remarkable attitude and achievement, actually has been a miracle we didn't score one or two more vs England (one disallowed if I rememebr good) and Ireland (we butchered the bonus point try in the very end), was oscured by a ridicolous defense, partly due to this new, open approach and partly, hardest point, due to lacking individual skills, above all in our backs. It's all about that at the end, if you, individually, can run good lines or if you can tackle or not. many of our players can't and can't cope with open flowing attacking. France do have those skills.
Only thing to add, not to fish for excuses, is we still can't afford to miss our two best backs, probably the only high-standard ones we have

aqualung71

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Scottrf on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 12:47 pm

Campagnaro, Sarto and Esposito in the backs.

Scottrf

Posts : 13773
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by dummy_half on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:02 pm

What is the obsession the French selectors have with the big Basteraud in the centre? There's a reason players with his size and lack of speed are more commonly found in the front row. Given how the team wilted against Scotland in the 2nd half, bringing in a player who is known to lack endurance and drift in and out of games seems a triumph of hope over experience.

Overall, it looks one of the least exciting and enterprising French XVs I can ever recall.

I think this could actually be quite a competitive game, and have a feeling Italy might just sneak a win - they've shown the capacity to score tries, and managed to stretch England's defence on the outside, and I can see them doing the same to this France line-up.

dummy_half

Posts : 4734
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 46
Location : East Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by whocares on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:13 pm

Between the injuries and the Edimburgh night out related suspensions we are lacking options and at least Bastareaud is fit and has been reasonably good for his club. We tried calling Sella and Jauzion but for some reason they didn’t reply Smile

whocares

Posts : 4129
Join date : 2011-04-14
Age : 41
Location : France - paris area

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Scottrf on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 1:24 pm

Fit in the healthy sense of the word.

Scottrf

Posts : 13773
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by aqualung71 on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 4:04 pm

whocares wrote:Between the injuries and the Edimburgh night out related suspensions we are lacking options and at least Bastareaud is fit and has been reasonably good for his club. We tried calling Sella and Jauzion but for some reason they didn’t reply Smile
that's good for us, I rate Bastareaud but he's not the kind of player who usually tear us apart..players like Joseph are

aqualung71

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 11:19 am

Teams up

France: Bonneval, Fall, Bastareaud, Doumayrou, Grosso, Beauxis, Machenaud; Poirot, Guirado (captain), Slimani, Gabrillagues, Vahaamahina, Lauret, Camara, Tauleigne.
Replacements: Pelissie, Priso, Gomes Sa, Taofifenua, Galletier, Couilloud, Trinh-Duc, Fickou.

Italy: Minozzi, Benvenuti, Boni, Castello, Bellini, Allan, Violi; Lovotti, Ghiraldini, Ferrari, Zanni, Budd, Negri, Mbanda, Parisse (captain).
Replacements: Bigi, Quaglio, Pasquali, Biagi, Ruzza, Gori, Canna, Hayward.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 11:20 am

Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
Touch judges: John Lacey (Ireland) & Luke Pearce (England)

TMO: David Grashoff (England)
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3787
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by SecretFly on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 11:35 am

TightHEAD wrote:Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
Touch judges: John Lacey (Ireland) & Luke Pearce (England)

TMO: David Grashoff (England)

That's going to be a strange game.  'Perfection' from the ref (greatest ref in the Solar System) spoiled by constant tomfoolery from Lacey (Irish official Alert - code Red - this is not a Drill!!).  
Oh I'll love this.  He'll be mucking up poor Wayne for fun.

SecretFly

Posts : 28764
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:14 pm

Oh well game on...7-5 Italy

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 20497
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Scottrf on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:14 pm

So Italy a better attacking team than Ireland in 10 minutes

Scottrf

Posts : 13773
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by SecretFly on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:15 pm

I'm not sure about that decision. A clear bring down, but we didn't see it, but we'll award the penalty try anyway?

Hmmm

SecretFly

Posts : 28764
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by SecretFly on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:16 pm

Scottrf wrote:So Italy a better attacking team than Ireland in 10 minutes

Yep.

SecretFly

Posts : 28764
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by The Oracle on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:18 pm

I reckon Barnes was too quick to award the try and then tried to cover up his mistake by finding any other reason to award the try after the non-try was discovered. To save face. The shyster!
avatar
The Oracle

Posts : 1429
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:20 pm

Oh for the days of the old French teams.

Big, Powerful, crazily arrogant and aggressive, insanely talented and carefree.

Worse than school boys one week...majestic the next.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 20497
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Scottrf on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:20 pm

The Oracle wrote:I reckon Barnes was too quick to award the try and then tried to cover up his mistake by finding any other reason to award the try after the non-try was discovered. To save face. The shyster!
The true home advantage. Video replays to try to get the try scratched.

Scottrf

Posts : 13773
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Scottrf on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:20 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Oh for the days of the old French teams.

Big, Powerful, crazily arrogant and aggressive, insanely talented and carefree.

Worse than school boys one week...majestic the next.

You think so? I think they are garbage.

Edit. Nevermind. Misread you.

Scottrf

Posts : 13773
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:23 pm

Haha no worries Scott.

Its painful watching France these days. If I was French I would rather have the old sides back...yes some weeks you'd despair..but others...well even the AB's weren't any where near what they could do

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 20497
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by SecretFly on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:25 pm

They're not that bad. Playing decent enough...but for the excess knock-ons!

SecretFly

Posts : 28764
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Scottrf on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:27 pm

SecretFly wrote:They're not that bad.  Playing decent enough...but for the excess knock-ons!

Apart from the mistakes every 3 phases they look okay! Except for their defence.

Scottrf

Posts : 13773
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:38 pm

Well I'm starting to look for pins to stick in my eyes..im thinking it might be more exciting than this game.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 20497
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Scottrf on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:40 pm

I think it's exciting enough. It's just a 4 Nations-persuading standard.

Scottrf

Posts : 13773
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:43 pm

Do you think its exciting Scott?
Its slow ponderous, unimaginative.

Wheres the players running lines and angles, wheres the support play, the quick interplay and offloads.

Wheres the intelligence to draw players in and create space out wide....

Just a whole load of Meh for me...

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 20497
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Scottrf on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:45 pm

Maybe not exciting. But open enough. Shocking standard though.

I don't even like him but Basteraud is already MOTM.


Last edited by Scottrf on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Posts : 13773
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by GeordieFalcon on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:45 pm

And ill give Basteraud credit. I'm a MASSIVE critic of his...yet he's the only one whos actually trying to make things happen.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 20497
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by SecretFly on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 8:45 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Well I'm starting to look for pins to stick in my eyes..im thinking it might be more exciting than this game.

Oh come on Geordie. You must have a lot of eye damage after three weeks of the 6N so far. Cool

SecretFly

Posts : 28764
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations France v Italy - 23/2/18

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum