The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does number of turnovers conceded not match opposition turnovers won?

3 posters

Go down

Why does number of turnovers conceded not match opposition turnovers won? Empty Why does number of turnovers conceded not match opposition turnovers won?

Post by HM Murdock Sun 25 Feb 2018, 12:22 pm

I've just been looking at some of the breakdown numbers from the Scotland v England match yesterday.

The official match stats show that England conceded 15 turnovers but they also show that Scotland won 10 turnovers.

Why is Scotland's number of turnovers won less than England's number of turnovers conceded? Can anyone explain to me what these numbers include please? I'm guessing possession lost by handling errors not at the breakdown must be a factor?

Thanks.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Why does number of turnovers conceded not match opposition turnovers won? Empty Re: Why does number of turnovers conceded not match opposition turnovers won?

Post by TJ Sun 25 Feb 2018, 12:35 pm

knock ons are turnovers but are not won. Same as mauls that end up with a turnover I think

so Scotland won 10 turnovers at the breakdown plus England gave them the ball 5 times from knock ons or maul turnovers?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Why does number of turnovers conceded not match opposition turnovers won? Empty Re: Why does number of turnovers conceded not match opposition turnovers won?

Post by SecretFly Sun 25 Feb 2018, 1:04 pm

A few lingering nematodes got five.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down