The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"

+17
Haito
Atila
BoomBoomBaby
Mr Bounce
Herman Jaeger
Nathaniel Jacobs
hazharrison
JuliusHMarx
Scottrff
superflyweight
AdamT
Seanusarrilius
huw
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
melv500
Fernando
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"  - Page 2 Empty Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"

Post by Fernando Mon 05 Mar 2018, 11:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez says it "surprises and bothers" him that traces of clenbuterol were found in a drugs test, but his rematch against Gennady Golovkin will still go ahead on 5 May.

A statement from Alvarez's promoters blamed it on "meat contamination that has impacted dozens of athletes in Mexico over the last years".

Alvarez will now move his training camp from Mexico to the USA.

The first fight in Las Vegas ended in a controversial draw last September.

Clenbuterol is used to treat asthma but can also help build lean muscle mass and burn off fat.

Alvarez said: "I am an athlete who respects the sport and this surprises me and bothers me because it had never happened to me.

"I will submit to all the tests that require me to clarify this embarrassing situation and I trust that at the end the truth will prevail."

Daniel Eichner, director at a World Anti-Doping Agency-accredited laboratory that conducted the tests, said: "These values are all within the range of what is expected from meat contamination."

Kazakh Golovkin, 35, will again put his WBA, WBC and IBF titles on the line against Mexican Alvarez, 27, in Las Vegas.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Fri 14 Sep 2018, 11:19 pm

Both guys made made weight. GGG 159.6lbs and Alvarez 159.4lbs

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Fri 14 Sep 2018, 11:22 pm

Alvarez butts heads with GGG at the face off, GGG looks at Alvarez like he's a fool

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 15 Sep 2018, 7:03 am

I can see this being a massive let down once the smoke has cleared. If Canelo wins it'll be classed as tainted by all, If GGG wins he'll either be elevated to sooper dooper boxing master of all time (despite most GGG fans stating that Canelo is utter pants, only good cause he was doping but he's not now and of course a never was)

Personally i hope it's a razor thin decision again (no the first one wasn't a robbery no matter how many facts you put after it) with Canelo edging it just to see the massive meltdown across the internet.

And as for putting it on BT Sports PPV, massive kick in the teeth to the boxnation subscribers, hope this gets a few more to cancel subscriptions.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 15 Sep 2018, 7:55 am

Come on Canelo...Beat the midget basher.

Froch..Ward etc..all makeable fights but no we got Brook and stiff City instead..

Juice up....Make yourself strong and beat the crap out of someone that has fought Two decent opponents in 7 years as Champion.

GGG is bad for Boxing..

Canelo has fought Top fighters.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 15 Sep 2018, 10:59 pm

Ffs Truss. A drug cheat in today's day and age (note: not the 80s) is good for boxing? Really?

Beat the guy who didn't cheat because of his opponents? Your logic is laughable.

Don't care who the fighter is - If they're a cheat then they should be thrown out of the sport. The absolute disdain that GBP and Alvarez' team have shown throws the sport into far more disrepute than anything GGG can do (except cheating as well). Chucking money at a drug cheat "because he's marketable" is a ****ing joke. Should have been banned for 3 years minimum.

Alvarez and GBP are EVERYTHING that's wrong with boxing today.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Sun 16 Sep 2018, 5:29 am

Alvarez gifted a majority decision 114-114 115-113 115-113. Embarrassing that they screwed GGG again

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 16 Sep 2018, 5:53 am

Great fight, I had it 116-112 GGG. I can see 115-113 Canelo, though. Lots of razor thing rounds, where I honestly can't complain if they gave Canelo the majority. The swing judges gave Canelo the 12th though. Honestly with tears in my eyes, I can't see how he wins the 12th
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Sep 2018, 7:27 am

Scored it 6-6 but the pressure fighter got it which is great..

Even better it was an aging fight for a guy in his late 30s especially with all the great body work which wasn't as obvious to the whingers crying robbery.

GGG will struggle next time..If I was Alvarez Dad I would keep him waiting another year..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 16 Sep 2018, 7:40 am

Its funny because at the time, I thought Canelo's body punches were doing the Lord's work, but seeing as Golovkin's work rate didnt drop at any point in the fight, and in actual fact he threw 160 punches in the last two rounds, I have to assume either GGG is iron livered as well as iron chinned, or Canelo's body work was a little overstated
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Sep 2018, 8:05 am

The next morning is when you feel it....If Canelo had been busier it would have been more of a problem during the fight..

He did force GGG to work more than he wanted to though.....

Abel told GGG he was behind after 8....Could have been lying but it shows he was uncomfortable..

Older you are the harder it is to recover...The odds on Canelo winning a 3rd must be better.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 16 Sep 2018, 8:19 am

kingraf wrote:Its funny because at the time, I thought Canelo's body punches were doing the Lord's work, but seeing as Golovkin's work rate didnt  drop at any point in the fight, and in actual fact he threw 160 punches in the last two rounds, I have to assume either GGG is iron livered as well as iron chinned, or Canelo's body work was a little overstated
Canelo has stopped many with body punches.  GGG is clearly iron livered and iron chinned.  Canelo is also iron chinned.  They are both brilliant fighters but the judges scoring is too susceptible to influence / cheating.  Boxing is primarily a business than a sport - or at least it has become that.   Too many "home town" decisions, too much external influencing on the scoring.  How did Adalaide Byrd score it 118–110 for Álvarez in the first fight?  It is not possible unless cheating was involved. Too much money is invested in Canelo to allow him to lose. He only loses if he is knocked out or if he is fighting Mayweather.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Sep 2018, 9:30 am

I had the first fight 7- 5 GGG..

I had last night 6-6..

People need to realise that plenty of relatively close fights have gone either way over the years.....

The GGG 1st fight is the only decision where you can suggest Alvarez didn't get the decision he deserved...

Last night as Lederman said you could easily have Canelo 6-3 up.

Canelo lost to Mayweather...He drew with GGG....Won everything else he had a right to win.

Hardly a record of crime.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 16 Sep 2018, 10:05 am

On the Canelo sliding scale of decisions, 115-113 being the widest score in the fight definitely seems okay. I had it 5-4 GGG after 9, then I had him taking the last 3. I also had it 2-1 GGG after 3, and I could see that being a 3-0 Canelo, or more conservatively 2-1 Canelo. 3-0 Canelo gives you the 6-3. You give Canelo the 12th and you get to 115-113. It certainly isn't in league with the 119-109 he got vs Cotto, or the 114-114 he got vs Floyd, or the 118-110 he got vs Lara. I thought GGG won, but he's made $40-50 million in the last two years, and will probably make another $20 million in 6-7 months time. I'm sure he'll be fine.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Sep 2018, 10:46 am

I agree with your tweet and that some of the cards have been obscene..

My point as you know is....The first GGG fight probably apart he has never got a verdict he hasn't really had a right to get..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Sep 2018, 10:49 am

Always thought the problem with Boxing is you can dominate 6 rounds and the other guy can nick 6 rounds..

It is a level fight deserved or not.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 16 Sep 2018, 11:21 am

judges score cards are soon to become like the belts, null and void. i still give jmm the series against pac and in these two fights GGG has been the better fighter despite what the judges say

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 16 Sep 2018, 12:24 pm

Canelo fails Drugs Test fight with Golovkin still on due to "Meat Contamination"  - Page 2 Score-card

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Sep 2018, 3:26 pm

compelling and rich wrote:judges score cards are soon to become like the belts, null and void. i still give jmm the series against pac and in these two fights GGG has been the better fighter despite what the judges say

We won't have judges....We will just let an "Objective" observer like you score every fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 16 Sep 2018, 3:35 pm

Congratulations to Canelo as he did what he needed to in a fight that could have gone either way. However regardless of Alvarez' win on the cards it does leave a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth. Alvarez is a cheat, accidentally or otherwise, yet just got a gentle slap on the wrist and told to think about things for 6 months. Such utter bull****.

The system is all wrong. It needs addressing but as long as doping fighters have money behind them virtually nothing gets done. For those that think I am being biased towards Golovkin it it solely because of the doping. I like GGG as a fighter but I think he met his match. If he was the doper I would be behind the other fighter all the way. Simple thing is I hate cheats and in boxing nothing happens when they're caught.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 16 Sep 2018, 5:31 pm

Funny thing about cheating is when someone you support makes a mistake you accept their explanation..

I remember a British 400m runner that won Woman of the Year after accidentally missing three drug tests..

Apparently she had always been "Absent minded"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 16 Sep 2018, 6:09 pm

When the final bell went I thought Canelo just done enough. GGG was on the back foot a lot and never sat down on his shots. He showed a bit of versatility, however he was never the monster he was made out to be. The minute he stepped up in class, his ko ratio stopped.

If they fight again I expect Canelo to come in even stronger. GGG's face looked busted. Canelo was solid in there and landed the bigger shots.

Nobody at 36 should be able to beat Canelo. That's surely impossible!!!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 16 Sep 2018, 8:29 pm

AdamT wrote:When the final bell went I thought Canelo just done enough. GGG was on the back foot a lot and never sat down on his shots. He showed a bit of versatility, however he was never the monster he was made out to be. The minute he stepped up in class, his ko ratio stopped.

If they fight again I expect Canelo to come in even stronger. GGG's face looked busted. Canelo was solid in there and landed the bigger shots.

Nobody at 36 should be able to beat Canelo. That's surely impossible!!!!
 Floyd did!

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 16 Sep 2018, 9:03 pm

I know, I was clowning.

To be fair Canelo Is better now.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 16 Sep 2018, 9:09 pm

Yeah, I thought you might have been fishing, but I thought, I'll bite.

I didn't see last nights fight, but I'm reading comments online saying that GGG deserved the win.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 17 Sep 2018, 12:09 pm

Most are saying that GGG deserved the win. I scored it for Canelo because I went for aggression and effective shots. However, if I am totally honest GGG landed more with the jab and I can see why many picked him.

One thing I will say and have always said. GGG is not this indestructible monster he was made out to be. He is an elite fighter at 160, but he is far from unbeatable.

I don't want to hear age as an excuse. The simple fact of the matter is, GGG finally met another elite fighter who stepped up in weight to challenge him and he didn't look near as good as previously hinted by many.

For an adopted Mexican, he didn't like going to the body much against Canelo. He definitely respected Canelo's power more than he let on.

Was a good fight though and if a third match was made, I would happily watch. However, I would probably rather see GGG step up at 168 and see how fares there.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2