6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Pot Hale on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 9:05 am

First topic message reminder :

I’ve always thought that England are a very good team and their fans are lovely and the most popular.

Feel free to add your own thoughts as we approach next weekend’s match as we travel over to visit them and celebrate with them.  And I’m sure that they’ll be as welcoming and fun-filled as they always are whenever we play them.  

As we all know, it’s only a game and sure it doesn’t matter who wins.....


Lovely England Team

Watson, May, Joseph, Te'o, Daly, Farrell, Wigglesworth, Simmonds, Haskell, Robshaw, Kruis, Itoje, Sinckler, Hartley, Mako

George, MArler, Cole, Launchbury, Armand, Care, Ford, Brown

Super Controlling Unbelievable Mauling Monster Yeti Irish Team

Kearney, Earls, Ringrose, Aki, Stockdale, Sexton Murray, Stander, Leavy, O'Mahony, Ryan, Henderson, Furlong, Best, Healy.

Reps: Cronin, McGrath, Porter, Toner, Murphy, Marmion, Carbery, Larmour.


Last edited by Pot Hale on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Pot Hale

Posts : 5897
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 57
Location : Dubhlinn

Back to top Go down


Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by robbo277 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 1:38 pm

Haven't seen it explicitly, but I assume Hartley is taking the armband back?

robbo277

Posts : 3276
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 1:39 pm

Do us proud boys, get some payback for last year, you can do it.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3620
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by SecretFly on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 1:42 pm

Should be a good auld fight on Paddy's Day sure enough.

I just hope the Irish lads have brought their barbed wire cudgels with them. If that English team get into a bit of pomp and splendour mood they may need some treatment when the ref ain't looking Whistle...

after the TMO has been taken out by a sniper.

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 1:58 pm

I can see us targeting Sexton and Murray, take one out of the equation and our chances will improve drastically.

I really hope the crowd get into Sextons kicking too, he has been so poor! 'Please do not respect the kicker.' should be displayed on the big screen too.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3620
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Collapse2005 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:01 pm

TightHEAD wrote:I can see us targeting Sexton and Murray, take one out of the equation and our chances will improve drastically.

I really hope the crowd get into Sextons kicking too, he has been so poor! 'Please do not respect the kicker.' should be displayed on the big screen too.

England spent 80 minutes in Dublin targeting Sexton last year and got no where. It was as if it was their only plan and it fell totally flat.

Its quite a cowardly tactic in the sense that you have already accepted that the opposition is better because they have X player rather than focusing on being better than your opponent which is a winners mentality.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1377
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:03 pm

The crowd has to play its part to spoil the party, all too often we respect visiting teams but we never get close to the same respect when we visit their grounds.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3620
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Recwatcher16 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:06 pm

Encouraged by that lineup. Ford is unlucky given the ball he had to work with but Teo at twelve will be a focus.

If Kruis, Haskell, Sinkler & Hartley rekindle their physicality at the breakdown and England get their nose in front that is some bench to bring on.
No idea if Simmonds will be a success at no.8, looks at test level like a seven to me but if he can lurk amongst the backs could cause havoc.
Encouraging.

Recwatcher16

Posts : 408
Join date : 2016-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by SecretFly on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:06 pm

TightHEAD wrote:I can see us targeting Sexton and Murray, take one out of the equation and our chances will improve drastically.

I really hope the crowd get into Sextons kicking too, he has been so poor! 'Please do not respect the kicker.' should be displayed on the big screen too.

"Boo the scum please" would be a better party trick Laugh You could always claim a typo if the WR officials frowned on it. 'Sure we only meant boo the scrum, sir'

Seriously though, I am wondering what if anything Joe will now do to change his own gameplan and it seems certain Eddie is setting up his side to be confrontational and aggressive (taking the delicate man - Ford - off completely as he'll get in the way of all the spurting blood)

Will Joe now forgo the steely breakdown stuff and instead take it wide more quickly and do our own job of finding the weak spots out on the edges - with Kearney, Ringrose, Earls and Stockdale being in some good form.

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Sin é on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:12 pm

Ireland Team & Replacements (v England, NatWest 6 Nations, Twickenham, Saturday, March 17, 2:45)

15. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster) 82 caps
14. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster) 66 caps
13. Garry Ringrose (UCD/Leinster) 12 caps
12. Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht) 6 caps
11. Jacob Stockdale (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 8 caps
10. Johnny Sexton (St Mary's College/Leinster) 72 caps
9. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster) 63 caps
1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster) 77 caps
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 110 caps Captain
3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster) 22 caps
4. James Ryan (UCD/Leinster) 7 caps
5. Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 37 caps
6. Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 46 caps
7. Dan Leavy (UCD/Leinster) 8 caps
8. CJ Stander (Shannon/Munster) 22 caps

Replacements
16. Sean Cronin (St Mary's College/Leinster) 60 caps
17. Jack McGrath (St Mary's College/Leinster) 46 caps
18. Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster) 6 caps
19. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 57 caps
20. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 19 caps
21. Kieran Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht) 20 caps
22. Joey Carbery (Clontarf/Leinster) 9 caps
23. Jordan Larmour (St Mary's College/Leinster) 2 caps
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13540
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:13 pm

I have a friend of a friend who has made a right royal balls up!

He has acquired two box tickets for the game on Saturday (£300+ face value) but he is due to get married on the same day.

Any takers?




If so the wedding is being held at 2:30pm at Leatherhead registrar Office, the bride is 5ft 8", 29 years old, brown eyes and dark hair.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3620
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by beshocked on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:22 pm

Bit more optimistic after seeing the team.

Farrell has a superior record vs Ireland than Ford anyway.

I like what Jones is trying with combinations in general.

Still not sure Haskell is right but if he brings beast mode we'll see.

I don't mind Hartley being reinstated because it means Farrell isn't captain anymore.

I don't think hooker will be the most decisive role anyway.

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by mid_gen on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:25 pm

Much more optimistic seeing those changes. Game on.

mid_gen

Posts : 424
Join date : 2016-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Collapse2005 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:27 pm

TightHEAD wrote:I have a friend of a friend who has made a right royal balls up!

He has acquired two box tickets for the game on Saturday (£300+ face value) but he is due to get married on the same day.

Any takers?




If so the wedding is being held at 2:30pm at Leatherhead registrar Office, the bride is 5ft 8", 29 years old, brown eyes and dark hair.

I think I heard that joke nearly every year for the last 5 years when this fixture comes around.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1377
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:29 pm

Just this fixture? Erm
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3620
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by SecretFly on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:32 pm

Nevermind the joke...I'll take the offer!

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by SecretFly on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:34 pm

I'm hoping Kearney holds out and has one more BIG game this season. Then he can be let out to grass for the rest of the Provincial season with an extra helping of oats each day.

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:35 pm

SecretFly wrote:Nevermind the joke...I'll take the offer!

She's a size 22, no sense of humor (like most 606ers!) and doesn't shave her legs, pits etc.! thumbsup
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3620
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by SecretFly on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:37 pm

Perfect!!!!

SecretFly

Posts : 28248
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:37 pm

Sold. thumbsup
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3620
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by BamBam on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:38 pm

Back 5 of the Irish pack has some unbelievable physicality - Ryan and Henderson will be a real challenge and we can't get counter rucked off the ball as easily as we did against Scotland, that's for sure

BamBam

Posts : 13967
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by rodders on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 2:58 pm

Looking at those two side I genuinely feel for England fans and hope they stay away on Saturday.

It could be a miserable afternoon at HQ for the men in white. Sad :
avatar
rodders

Posts : 24505
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by robbo277 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:08 pm

One area where England may have an advantage is experience on the bench (assuming we don't get blown away as Rodders suggests!)

If England can get ahead before the benches come on, we'll finish with a very experienced team that can hopefully close the game out. Ireland will have quite an inexperienced side trying to chase a game, and it could get ragged.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Murray and Sexton play the 80, especially if it's tight.

robbo277

Posts : 3276
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:08 pm

Yeh its really depressing having three backrowers in the backrow, I was hoping he'd put Marler or Te'o in there! Crying or Very sad
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3620
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Golden on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:09 pm

rodders wrote:Looking at those two side I genuinely feel for England fans and hope they stay away on Saturday.

It could be a miserable afternoon at HQ for the men in white. Sad :

Unlike you to be so optimistic Rodders?

Golden

Posts : 3365
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:33 pm

On paper, the England side is better imo.

Unfortuantly for us....We're not in form and don't seem to have a game plan, both things the Irish have.

I can't see this one being a pretty game.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 33884
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by geoff999rugby on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:50 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:On paper, the England side is better imo.

Unfortuantly for us....We're not in form and don't seem to have a game plan, both things the Irish have.

I can't see this one being a pretty game.

Really
Inferior front row, inferior backrow, inferior half backs
Only place I would England in front is the back three

geoff999rugby

Posts : 3928
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by yappysnap on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:51 pm

Interesting changes, seems a little panicked now though. I wonder if they'll work or the new starters will look just as flat as the old ones.

yappysnap

Posts : 11202
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : Christchurch, NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by rodders on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:54 pm

Golden wrote:
rodders wrote:Looking at those two side I genuinely feel for England fans and hope they stay away on Saturday.

It could be a miserable afternoon at HQ for the men in white. Sad :

Unlike you to be so optimistic Rodders?

Donal Lenihan hacked my account
avatar
rodders

Posts : 24505
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by beshocked on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:54 pm

Seems to be a bit of complacency from Irish fans, hopefully the Irish team does likewise.

Sgt Pooly well we have to see it as a positive if Ireland don't know what England's gameplan is!

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:54 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:On paper, the England side is better imo.

Unfortuantly for us....We're not in form and don't seem to have a game plan, both things the Irish have.

I can't see this one being a pretty game.

Really
Inferior front row, inferior backrow, inferior half backs
Only place I would England in front is the back three

I'd take your halfbacks, POM and Furlong with both sides on form. I don't think the Ireland team has better players, but they are certainly more cohesive as a unit.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 33884
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:59 pm

As long as we win the 'moral victory' I'll be a happy little Tigthhead.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 3620
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK - TMO in training.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by B91212 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 4:04 pm

I understand why Ford has been dropped but the England 9, 10 & 12 are hardly an inspiring selection. There isn't a second playmaker anywhere in the backs and I'm not convinced Farrell is creative enough to be the only one, he's not as good as Sexton in that regard. It's basically the same 9,10,12 axis (swap Wigglesworth for much superior Murray) who started the first Lions test last summer, and that was ditched after less than a full game due to not being creative enough. But I guess our options are limited based on previous results and who has been around the squad.

I do prefer the forwards though. Only hope that if we do actually get some decent quicker ball then EJ's not frightened to change things after 30 minutes like he has done in the past if we're not making decent use of it.

B91212

Posts : 1682
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Collapse2005 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 4:04 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:On paper, the England side is better imo.

Unfortuantly for us....We're not in form and don't seem to have a game plan, both things the Irish have.

I can't see this one being a pretty game.

Really
Inferior front row, inferior backrow, inferior half backs
Only place I would England in front is the back three

I'd take your halfbacks, POM and Furlong with both sides on form. I don't think the Ireland team has better players, but they are certainly more cohesive as a unit.

Surely you would take the Ireland backrow? England's backrow has been quite poor compared to Ireland's.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1377
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by beshocked on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 4:15 pm

B91212 wrote:I understand why Ford has been dropped but the England 9, 10 & 12 are hardly an inspiring selection. There isn't a second playmaker anywhere in the backs and I'm not convinced Farrell is creative enough to be the only one, he's not as good as Sexton in that regard. It's basically the same 9,10,12 axis (swap Wigglesworth for much superior Murray) who started the first Lions test last summer, and that was ditched after less than a full game due to not being creative enough. But I guess our options are limited based on previous results and who has been around the squad.

I do prefer the forwards though. Only hope that if we do actually get some decent quicker ball then EJ's not frightened to change things after 30 minutes like he has done in the past if we're not making decent use of it.

True there's no extra playmaker but no ickle Ford to protect in defence. Not till later on in the game.

Farrell generally performs better than Ford vs Ireland anyway. Farrell's record vs Sexton as 10 v 10 is pretty good even though it's not just those two on the pitch.

There might be no other playmaker but the centres has more balance now.

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by rodders on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 4:18 pm

B91212 wrote:I understand why Ford has been dropped but the England 9, 10 & 12 are hardly an inspiring selection.

Looks like damage limitation to me. Eddie is out to deny Ireland the bonus point.
avatar
rodders

Posts : 24505
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Collapse2005 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 4:26 pm

beshocked wrote:

True there's no extra playmaker but no ickle Ford to protect in defence. Not till later on in the game.

Farrell generally performs better than Ford vs Ireland anyway. Farrell's record vs Sexton as 10 v 10 is pretty good even though it's not just those two on the pitch.

There might be no other playmaker but the centres has more balance now.

Farrell was quite poor v Ireland last year I thought.

I think Selecting Teo at 12 probably takes England's back 3 out of the game which will be to Ireland's advantage.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1377
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by B91212 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 4:42 pm

rodders wrote:
B91212 wrote:I understand why Ford has been dropped but the England 9, 10 & 12 are hardly an inspiring selection.

Looks like damage limitation to me. Eddie is out to deny Ireland the bonus point.
Not sure about denying the bonus point win but agree that it seems like a damage limitation selection in those positions. Try and win the game by kicking penalties?

B91212

Posts : 1682
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by B91212 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 4:44 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:I think Selecting Teo at 12 probably takes England's back 3 out of the game which will be to Ireland's advantage.  
I actually think that England's back 3 will see plenty of ball due to Murray & Sexton's poor kicking games......



I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

B91212

Posts : 1682
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 4:50 pm

I see the touch judge has been replaced.
Whoops Eddie

carpet baboon

Posts : 1950
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by B91212 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 4:53 pm

B91212 wrote:
rodders wrote:
B91212 wrote:I understand why Ford has been dropped but the England 9, 10 & 12 are hardly an inspiring selection.

Looks like damage limitation to me. Eddie is out to deny Ireland the bonus point.
Not sure about denying the bonus point win but agree that it seems like a damage limitation selection in those positions. Try and win the game by kicking penalties?
I think Ford gets a bit more stick than he deserves regarding his defence. He doesn't miss that many tackles and although he's never going to knock people back he generally holds up the attacker until others arrive. Plenty of other sides hide their 10 in defence (Russell, Cipriani) but neither Tigers or England do so he can't be that bad there.

I agree that the centres have a better defensive balance but if we do actually win a breakdown (unlikely I know) then I can't see the ball getting out wide without unless it's with poor slow motion passing that allows the Irish defence to have a cup of tea and a chat before drifting and easily snuffing the attack out, or a maybe a cross field kick.

B91212

Posts : 1682
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by beshocked on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:07 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
beshocked wrote:

True there's no extra playmaker but no ickle Ford to protect in defence. Not till later on in the game.

Farrell generally performs better than Ford vs Ireland anyway. Farrell's record vs Sexton as 10 v 10 is pretty good even though it's not just those two on the pitch.

There might be no other playmaker but the centres has more balance now.

Farrell was quite poor v Ireland last year I thought.

I think Selecting Teo at 12 probably takes England's back 3 out of the game which will be to Ireland's advantage.  

Not talking about Farrell's 1 loss to Ireland. I am talking about his multiple victories.

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by rodders on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:12 pm

B91212 wrote:
rodders wrote:
B91212 wrote:I understand why Ford has been dropped but the England 9, 10 & 12 are hardly an inspiring selection.

Looks like damage limitation to me. Eddie is out to deny Ireland the bonus point.
Not sure about denying the bonus point win but agree that it seems like a damage limitation selection in those positions. Try and win the game by kicking penalties?

Now Eddies favorite touch judge got the chop they might not get any angel
avatar
rodders

Posts : 24505
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Collapse2005 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:25 pm

beshocked wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
beshocked wrote:

True there's no extra playmaker but no ickle Ford to protect in defence. Not till later on in the game.

Farrell generally performs better than Ford vs Ireland anyway. Farrell's record vs Sexton as 10 v 10 is pretty good even though it's not just those two on the pitch.

There might be no other playmaker but the centres has more balance now.

Farrell was quite poor v Ireland last year I thought.

I think Selecting Teo at 12 probably takes England's back 3 out of the game which will be to Ireland's advantage.  

Not talking about Farrell's 1 loss to Ireland. I am talking about his multiple victories.

Multiple? I thought he had only faced Ireland twice in the 6n?

Collapse2005

Posts : 1377
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:32 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:On paper, the England side is better imo.

Unfortuantly for us....We're not in form and don't seem to have a game plan, both things the Irish have.

I can't see this one being a pretty game.

Really
Inferior front row, inferior backrow, inferior half backs
Only place I would England in front is the back three

I'd take your halfbacks, POM and Furlong with both sides on form. I don't think the Ireland team has better players, but they are certainly more cohesive as a unit.

Surely you would take the Ireland backrow? England's backrow has been quite poor compared to Ireland's.

POM....as mentioned. Stander is decent but not a fantastic 8 imo, I like him at 6. If Lawes was playing you'd have a clear advantage, I don't rate him in the back row at all.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 33884
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by LondonTiger on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:36 pm

Farrell has played against Ireland 6 times

http://en.espn.co.uk/statsguru/rugby/player/82092.html?class=1;template=results;type=player

LondonTiger

Posts : 18044
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by GeordieFalcon on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:39 pm

Surely we'll be more physical and combative.

I hope kruis and Itoje can tell for their dynamic duo tag.

Can we have the Haskell from Australia 2 years ago please.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 20333
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by No 7&1/2 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:42 pm

Well we've lost twice. Both times we could have lost. It's despondency all round from England fans and a how many will we win by from a lot of irish. Can't help but feel england will put in a performance.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 16163
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by GeordieFalcon on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:49 pm

They need to put in a performance 7.5


GeordieFalcon

Posts : 20333
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Stewie15 on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:53 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Well we've lost twice. Both times we could have lost. It's despondency all round from England fans and a how many will we win by from a lot of irish. Can't help but feel england will put in a performance.
Ireland are not as good as people make out and England are not as bad as people make out....close game...one score...home advantage will probably swing it....but I hope not!

Stewie15

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 5:56 pm

You stick a fit Billy in that pack and I'd have us winning by 10+ tbh...he's been sorely missed.

Kruis brings us physicality and quality basics, I really hope he brings the best out of Itoje.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 33884
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 Nations: England v Ireland - Our Favourite Bestest Neighbours - 17 March 2018

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum