Joe Schmidt

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Joe Schmidt

Post by alive555 on Sat 17 Mar 2018, 7:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

best coach in world rugby

Discuss!
avatar
alive555

Posts : 1004
Join date : 2011-10-01
Location : Bangkok

Back to top Go down


Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 03 Apr 2018, 3:00 pm

Reading the quotes from those lads even if you think they were innocent you could quite easily see it may not be the best way to advertise your brand and encourage families into the stadium. The 8th amendment should be consigned to history asap. Looks like it will from my reading.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 15717
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Sin é on Tue 03 Apr 2018, 3:17 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Helps if I can type brave. The expected protests following his trial.

Its a shame IMO but there are crazy people out there.

In Ireland the exact same people protesting the introduction of water charges and the repeal of the 8th amendment on abortion were out again in numbers to appeal the outcome of the trial. The majority of these people are too thick to understand what they are protesting about in my experience.

I wouldn't agree with you there at all. They are not the same people.
The water charges people were mainly Richard Boyd Barretts 'People Before Profit'
People against the appeal of the 8th Amendment are mainly conservative catholics, but come from all parts of the demographic, but its a completely different demographic to the people protesting about the way the system treats woman in r*** trials.



avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13535
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 03 Apr 2018, 3:26 pm

Sin é wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Helps if I can type brave. The expected protests following his trial.

Its a shame IMO but there are crazy people out there.

In Ireland the exact same people protesting the introduction of water charges and the repeal of the 8th amendment on abortion were out again in numbers to appeal the outcome of the trial. The majority of these people are too thick to understand what they are protesting about in my experience.

I wouldn't agree with you there at all. They are not the same people.
The water charges people were mainly Richard Boyd Barretts 'People Before Profit'
People against the appeal of the 8th Amendment are mainly conservative catholics, but come from all parts of the demographic, but its a completely different demographic to the people protesting about the way the system treats woman in r*** trials.


I wasn't talking about the anti abortion loonies but rather the pro abortion loonies.

The system treats women very favourably in Ireland. There is no room for any more emotion based legislation in the Irish system.

The people before profit loons were out in force at all marches.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/we-stand-her-over-1000-12275378
https://richardboydbarrett.ie/people-before-profit-launch-pro-choice-repeal-the-8th-campaign/
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/people-before-profit-vow-to-block-any-move-to-water-charges-1.3034135

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by profitius on Tue 03 Apr 2018, 10:24 pm

Taylorman wrote:
profitius wrote:
Taylorman wrote:You guys are deluded. Hansens the best coach. By a mile. Record speaks for itself. Excuses like he coaches the best team, hes one of many that steer the side blah blah. Making fantasies up to suit your narrative. No one has built more depth than Hansen, and that includes every other NZ coach before him. And unlike Schmidt hes had to cover a plethora of legends retiring and going north during his tenure, and continued to win the key matches and trophies while doing so.

Irish players dont all flock anywhere else to play before they retire do they?

Your NH clubs strip out most of the Oz and SA depth themyou claim your test victories over them. Wow, real classy.

Anyway, carry on, Schmidts the best... laughing

Lets hope he doesnt flop like a wet rag at next years main event again then.


Thats not true. Of the Irish squad that lined up against England, only 8 of the 23 were in the same fixture 2 years ago. It was probably the youngest ever Ireland squad in the 6 nations.


While I agree that Hansen and NZ are the best in the world, you're underestimating NH rugby. The improvement in NH in the last number of years has been big. There hasn't been a sudden jump but an each team takes a step back and 2 steps forward kind of thing.


I'm sure none of those facts will register with you because I've seen you on 'the Roar' and whenever someone has something good to say about NH rugby you get triggered and feel the need to bash it. laughing

Im not underestimating NH rugby with this post. Im disagreeing on the general consensus here that Schmidt is in fact the best coach. Hes not, simple as that, because any comparison with their achievements wont see him ahead of Hansen.

I have doubts that NH rugby is as strong as people think it is yes because the ONLY signs of it happen to coincide with two of the poorest periods in the history of both SA and Oz rugby. And those periods happen to coincide with greater playing numbers of SHers in the NH.

There are more All Blacks playing in the NH than there are in the SH. That is an unbelievable stat. One NHers just do not comprehend in terms of the impact on our rugby.

How many test playing NHers are supporting SH teams?

Yes I knock it, and if the comparison was a genuine one, I wouldnt. But the relative improvement of the NH over the south is far from a comprehensive one.

It is more likely NH rugby has improved because of the presence of SH players and coaches there, and the absence of the same here. It is a far more convincing argument then ‘the NH has improved’ its rugby.

I for one dont see a plethora of world class individuals avross the sudes that stand out in a way they never used to. Ireland have Sexton, Murray, SOB as their leading individuals. Theyve been around for years. Wales? England? Who are the real standouts?

Personally I dont see great rugby individuals challenging the mantles of the greats. Their standard in general might have improved but its not that obvious in terms of standout players.


Your problem is you're looking at all the SH players and coaches and ignoring everything else. Yes the SH players and coaches have improved NH rugby but do you honestly think it's only because of them? As if those SH players are a superior race.


Don't forget too that the SH were professional before the NH. Sure officially they were not but in reality they had a good head start. The NH was always going to catch up.


Yes South Africa's economy is becoming more and more African and Australia have a rugby problem but those arguments are besides the point. The main point is NH rugby has caught up. The 6 nations is the best annual international tournament nowadays while the rugby championship is extremely predictable. I got all but 2 matches correct in superbru last summer (there were 2 draws) and only made the top 40% on the leaderboard.


avatar
profitius

Posts : 4018
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 11:52 am

Taylorman wrote:

Im not underestimating NH rugby with this post. Im disagreeing on the general consensus here that Schmidt is in fact the best coach. Hes not, simple as that, because any comparison with their achievements wont see him ahead of Hansen.

I have doubts that NH rugby is as strong as people think it is yes because the ONLY signs of it happen to coincide with two of the poorest periods in the history of both SA and Oz rugby. And those periods happen to coincide with greater playing numbers of SHers in the NH.

There are more All Blacks playing in the NH than there are in the SH. That is an unbelievable stat. One NHers just do not comprehend in terms of the impact on our rugby.

How many test playing NHers are supporting SH teams?

Yes I knock it, and if the comparison was a genuine one, I wouldnt. But the relative improvement of the NH over the south is far from a comprehensive one.

It is more likely NH rugby has improved because of the presence of SH players and coaches there, and the absence of the same here. It is a far more convincing argument then ‘the NH has improved’ its rugby.

I for one dont see a plethora of world class individuals avross the sudes that stand out in a way they never used to. Ireland have Sexton, Murray, SOB as their leading individuals. Theyve been around for years. Wales? England? Who are the real standouts?

Personally I dont see great rugby individuals challenging the mantles of the greats. Their standard in general might have improved but its not that obvious in terms of standout players.

When you compare Hanson's term in Wales with Schmidt's term in Ireland (two similar teams in terms of size, success and resources) Schmidt comes out way ahead.



Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 12:33 pm

When you consider Hansen is a back to back RWC winner and multiple WR coach of the year winner (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016) then it’s obvious that Hansen is a better coach. Schmidt is a RWC flop and hasn’t come close to winning WR coach of the year. Joe has been an international coach for five years and done eff-all except win some piddly 6N titles and flopped in a RWC whilst Hansen is a vastly more experienced international coach with 16 years of experience and won a truck load (including two RWCs, NH grand slams, WR tier 1 winning record, constant Beledisloe Cup holder, won all but one Rugby Championship, highest winning %, etc, etc). Yup, Hansen is the best, easily.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by No 7&1/2 on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 12:37 pm

Poor wum.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 15717
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 12:41 pm

Pure facts

Hope you enjoyed them
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 12:43 pm

Wonder what guns’ reply will be?

‘Yeah, but Schmidt won some 6N titles’
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 1:42 pm

Head to Head, Ireland v NZ, Schmidt v Hansen.

3 games:

NZ 2 wins Ireland 1
Aggregate score 71:74 to the ABs

Seems pretty even no?

If Hansen coached Ireland and Schmidt the ABs it would be 3 nil to Schmidt and about a 50 point differential.

In all fairness during that time Ireland were ranked between 8th and 2nd and NZ 1 for all games. Are you happy with those results?

Bearing in mind the ABs should have had two men sent off in the most recent game I wouldn't be too satisfied if I was an AB fan.

The 6 nations is also a stronger tournament these days.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Brendan on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 2:17 pm

I didn't know Hansen won two world cups.

Silly me thought GH was coach and best manager ever.  Now I see that he was just an empty suit stealing all Hansen's praise.

Last WC Jones was best coach by a mile.  Lost one game when ranked 4th in the group.  With the players he had got, the most out of them.  But to win coach of the year it is little to do with the coach then the standing of the team. He also got Japan into 9th place in the IRB rankings.  He set the record for the most consecutive wins in teir two international rugby with 10. Did he get coach of the year for first win over Wales and drawing the series, or any of the above achievements, no because that Isn't how they pick coach of the year.

Joe has been the only coach in the History of top teir of international rugby to end a teams winning run of 18 or more and for good measure he did it twice.  He has Ireland on the longest consecutive winning run ever, first ever win against S.A. in S.A. and beat NZ for first time and has highest win record of any Irish manager.  But of course none of this matters to our NZ buddies because Joe never won a WC.  The one he did take charge of Ireland beat France for the first time and only had two years to warm up unlike others who had four.

In that case there is only one person every four years who can pick up the title of best coach and some even win it but it was actually their assistant who has been deemed to have got them the WC.

I don't expect Ireland to win the WC but the longer Hansen is in charge the more human NZ look which is fine with me.

Brendan

Posts : 1801
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 4:13 pm

I agree. His failure to rectify NZs discipline issues in the lead up to the Lions tour was a surprise.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 9:40 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Head to Head, Ireland v NZ, Schmidt v Hansen

3 games:

NZ 2 wins Ireland 1
Aggregate score 71:74 to the ABs

Seems pretty even no?
How many of those games were played in New Zealand?

It’s typical for NH fans to trumpet their home successes based on AI results. Schmidt’s Ireland goes to SA in 2016 and loses two games.

Schmidt’s Ireland got beat up by the ABs in Dublin in 2016. Schmidt’s Ireland choked the biggest choke in living memory against the ABs in Dublin in 2013.

As I say, Ireland win a single grand slam and all of a sudden the gold medals come out, lol
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 9:27 am

ebop wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Head to Head, Ireland v NZ, Schmidt v Hansen

3 games:

NZ 2 wins Ireland 1
Aggregate score 71:74 to the ABs

Seems pretty even no?
How many of those games were played in New Zealand?

It’s typical for NH fans to trumpet their home successes based on AI results. Schmidt’s Ireland goes to SA in 2016 and loses two games.

Schmidt’s Ireland got beat up by the ABs in Dublin in 2016. Schmidt’s Ireland choked the biggest choke in living memory against the ABs in Dublin in 2013.

As I say, Ireland win a single grand slam and all of a sudden the gold medals come out, lol

Two games at altitude missing some key players. We also won one with 14 men and missing Sean O'Brien, Jonny Sexton and Rob Kearney. NZ won their last game v SA by a couple of points.

Ireland didn't get beat up by NZ in 2016. NZ's discipline was shocking and should have had a few players sent off and Ireland still dominated the breakdown and collisions.
If Ireland's choke is the biggest one you can remember you don't have a great memory. You're right though they should have won.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 9:35 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
ebop wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:Head to Head, Ireland v NZ, Schmidt v Hansen

3 games:

NZ 2 wins Ireland 1
Aggregate score 71:74 to the ABs

Seems pretty even no?
How many of those games were played in New Zealand?

It’s typical for NH fans to trumpet their home successes based on AI results. Schmidt’s Ireland goes to SA in 2016 and loses two games.

Schmidt’s Ireland got beat up by the ABs in Dublin in 2016. Schmidt’s Ireland choked the biggest choke in living memory against the ABs in Dublin in 2013.

As I say, Ireland win a single grand slam and all of a sudden the gold medals come out, lol

Two games at altitude missing some key players. We also won one with 14 men and missing Sean O'Brien, Jonny Sexton and Rob Kearney. NZ won their last game v SA by a couple of points.

Ireland didn't get beat up by NZ in 2016. NZ's discipline was shocking and should have had a few players sent off and Ireland still dominated the breakdown and collisions.
If Ireland's choke is the biggest one you can remember you don't have a great memory. You're right though they should have won.
All I read there was moral victories, excuses and weakness. Played at altitude, boo hoo. Injured players, boo hoo. Two loses against a poor SA.  The ABs beat up Ireland in 2016 and pulled their pants down in 2013. Schmidt is poor when he’s out of his comfort zone and results prove it.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 9:40 am

You beat a team ranked about 5 places behind you by 2 points in 2013 and were very lucky to escape with 15 men on the field in 2016. A week earlier a team ranked well below you put 40 points on you. What's your excuse?

If anything the Ireland game in 2016 should have been a big alarm call to NZ that their discipline was far from good enough NZ didn't have a coach in place that was good enough to acknowledge this and fix it. If anything it is still an issue with NZ.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by eirebilly on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 9:51 am

ebop wrote:

It’s typical for NH fans to trumpet their home successes based on AI results. Schmidt’s Ireland goes to SA in 2016 and loses two games.

Schmidt’s Ireland got beat up by the ABs in Dublin in 2016. Schmidt’s Ireland choked the biggest choke in living memory against the ABs in Dublin in 2013.

As I say, Ireland win a single grand slam and all of a sudden the gold medals come out, lol

Ireland did get beat up, would have been interesting if the AB's actually came to play rugby that day though...
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 10:12 am

eirebilly wrote:
ebop wrote:

It’s typical for NH fans to trumpet their home successes based on AI results. Schmidt’s Ireland goes to SA in 2016 and loses two games.

Schmidt’s Ireland got beat up by the ABs in Dublin in 2016. Schmidt’s Ireland choked the biggest choke in living memory against the ABs in Dublin in 2013.

As I say, Ireland win a single grand slam and all of a sudden the gold medals come out, lol

Ireland did get beat up, would have been interesting if the AB's actually came to play rugby that day though...
The ABs played rugby at a level that day that the Ireland players (and fans) couldn’t handle
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 10:31 am

...and fast forward a few months and SBW got sent off for a should charge and the AB players, management and fans were all really surprised.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 10:44 am

And in the same game, SOB stiff arms an AB player in the head and knocks him out but no penalty, card, citing or sanction. Surprise surprise. Reminds me of the time that Irish guy kneed McCaw in the head. Sorry, my apologies, that guy got a red card for that despicable act of thuggery. Face it guns, Ireland are far from being the best team or have the best coach because you guys don’t have the depth or temperament to be at the top. Yeah your team wins in your own cosy 6Ns backyard but go further afield or step up to the big games and Schmidt and your boys get the yips.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 10:55 am

They won away in Twickenham to get a grand slam.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 15717
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 12:16 pm

ebop wrote:And in the same game, SOB stiff arms an AB player in the head and knocks him out but no penalty, card, citing or sanction. Surprise surprise. Reminds me of the time that Irish guy kneed McCaw in the head. Sorry, my apologies, that guy got a red card for that despicable act of thuggery. Face it guns, Ireland are far from being the best team or have the best coach because you guys don’t have the depth or temperament to be at the top. Yeah your team wins in your own cosy 6Ns backyard but go further afield or step up to the big games and Schmidt and your boys get the yips.

SOB barely touched Naholo. Typical hypocracy from a Kiwi fan.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 12:30 pm

The irony. SOB knocks Naholo out. Poor disciple from an Irishman but unpenalised. Typical cherry picking about what constitutes poor disciple and what is ‘nothing to see here folks’ by you.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Brendan on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 3:03 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:They won away in Twickenham to get a grand slam.

Sure NZ did that the last time they were there

Oh maybe not

Brendan

Posts : 1801
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by carpet baboon on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 4:36 pm

Have to say ebop your very very defensive for a guy who says his team are the greatest.
Getting a bit panicked?

carpet baboon

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Engine#4 on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 10:32 pm

Let's not make things up now. Hansen couldn't even make up his mind as to whether Naholo was knocked out or not, and he sees what he wants. He looked pretty conscious with his mouth working away on the replay. My guess is he was dropped and NZ didn't bother to correct the narrative from the frothing masses that he had been assaulted by Sean O'Brien as it suited their agenda.

Engine#4

Posts : 481
Join date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 11:34 pm

The masses aren’t and weren’t frothing. Just pointing out a situation to highlight a bit of hypocrisy. Irish were frothing at the bung over the Dublin 2016 game and evidently still do. Why, because of a misjudged Fekitoa tackle and some hard tackling throughout the game?
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Yoda on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 12:39 am

boxing

Yoda

Posts : 192
Join date : 2011-10-19
Location : Sunny Hampshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by The Great Aukster on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 7:53 am

Kiwis don't understand humour and they don't understand irony.

Schmidt is a crap coach and smiles way too much. Stop talking him up for the Lions or the ABs, leave him where he is. Wink

The Great Aukster

Posts : 4577
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 8:42 am

The Irish are an emotional bunch

Serious question, do Irish men cry a lot?
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 10:00 am

ebop wrote:The masses aren’t and weren’t frothing. Just pointing out a situation to highlight a bit of hypocrisy. Irish were frothing at the bung over the Dublin 2016 game and evidently still do. Why, because of a misjudged Fekitoa tackle and some hard tackling throughout the game?

No fans do hypocracy as well as some AB fans. My theory is you know how much better SOB is to Cane and you wanted him out of the series. ABs have form in taking key players they are afraid of out.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 10:38 am

I’m sure there’ll be tears later on, there were a few tears earlier on, it was quite emot.... emotio.....emotional

Cry

avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Yoda on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 10:41 am

This is so refreshing usually is us English that get both barrels for anything and everything. Interesting post about do Irish men cry. Probably not at the moment they are doing just fine. Can't people , naming no names, just be happy for Ireland and acknowledge the huge strides they have made under Schmidt. Hansen is a great of the game you can't argue his double world cup success and probably three in row will never be achieved again. If I were a kiwi I would like to think I would be very chilled and happy as been so good for so long as well as happy there is another team around to challenge to make a game of it.

Yoda

Posts : 192
Join date : 2011-10-19
Location : Sunny Hampshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 11:00 am

ebop wrote:I’m sure there’ll be tears later on, there were a few tears earlier on, it was quite emot.... emotio.....emotional

Cry


It is human to cry. Its what separates us from knuckle draggers. There are plenty of images of ABs crying too. Big deal.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 11:10 am

I have to say though, there’s a time and place for a big old break down where the bottom lip trembles and you can’t finish your sentence kind of cry. I bet Schmidt doesn’t cry. He’s pobably what you guys needed.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 11:11 am

Are you really trying to wum about emotions?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 15717
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 11:13 am

ebop wrote:The Irish are an emotional bunch

Serious question, do Irish men cry a lot?

Yes in particular Munster fans and players. The emotion has by and large been removed from the Irish team and Leinster which is why they are quite sucessful at the moment . Nothing wrong with some emotion though anyway its fairly human.

The best artists musical or through other media are the ones who can portray emotion well because as humans we are drawn to it.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 11:14 am

ebop wrote:I have to say though, there’s a time and place for a big old break down where the bottom lip trembles and you can’t finish your sentence kind of cry. I bet Schmidt doesn’t cry. He’s pobably what you guys needed.

You seem like the sort of dude that cries a lot but is too afraid to admit it. There is a lot of emotion in your posts.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 11:17 am

Have any of the current Irish squad cried in public since Schmidt has taken over? Post-BOD. Just curious. A non-crying Irish squad could explain their current form.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 12:03 pm

Why would it?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 15717
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 12:12 pm

Dunno 7.5, I’m curious to hear from the Irish whether maybe Schmidt’s influence has meant there’s less self indulgent crying from his players and if it’s a factor in their current form. It’s worth a discussion to drill down into the minor detail. A more dispassionate Ireland gave you guys a tickle up.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 12:32 pm

There is a thought that relying on emotion to raise your game will give inconsistent results buts that's emotion rather than crying. Why would you say it's indulgent? Very player will have a personal and tailored way to prepare for a game. That's not seen as indulgent. You seem to view men crying as somehow negative and don't know why.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 15717
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 12:51 pm

Ian Maddigan wells up with what I can only imagine are tears of overwhelming happiness, whoops, sadness. Very emotional.

avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 1:10 pm

Why would you say it's indulgent then ebop? Should players not prepare for games as individuals? You seem to view crying as a negative, why?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 15717
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by ebop on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 3:25 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
ebop wrote:I’m sure there’ll be tears later on, there were a few tears earlier on, it was quite emot.... emotio.....emotional

Cry


It is human to cry. Its what separates us from knuckle draggers.
To be fair guns, rugby players having a cry in front of the camera is a relatively recent phenomenon and Irish rugby players like BOD have lead the charge.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 3:36 pm

As above ebop.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 15717
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Engine#4 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 4:25 pm

This thread is bizarre.

Anyway, do Kiwis only cry when they have been caught out?

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/85066599/tears-off-the-field--when-sports-stars-get-emotional

Engine#4

Posts : 481
Join date : 2013-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Collapse2005 on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 5:06 pm

Of course they cry. Kiwis are human too even Ebop although he is afraid to admit it.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Taylorman on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 8:42 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Im not underestimating NH rugby with this post. Im disagreeing on the general consensus here that Schmidt is in fact the best coach. Hes not, simple as that, because any comparison with their achievements wont see him ahead of Hansen.

I have doubts that NH rugby is as strong as people think it is yes because the ONLY signs of it happen to coincide with two of the poorest periods in the history of both SA and Oz rugby. And those periods happen to coincide with greater playing numbers of SHers in the NH.

There are more All Blacks playing in the NH than there are in the SH. That is an unbelievable stat. One NHers just do not comprehend in terms of the impact on our rugby.

How many test playing NHers are supporting SH teams?

Yes I knock it, and if the comparison was a genuine one, I wouldnt. But the relative improvement of the NH over the south is far from a comprehensive one.

It is more likely NH rugby has improved because of the presence of SH players and coaches there, and the absence of the same here. It is a far more convincing argument then ‘the NH has improved’ its rugby.

I for one dont see a plethora of world class individuals avross the sudes that stand out in a way they never used to. Ireland have Sexton, Murray, SOB as their leading individuals. Theyve been around for years. Wales? England? Who are the real standouts?

Personally I dont see great rugby individuals challenging the mantles of the greats. Their standard in general might have improved but its not that obvious in terms of standout players.

When you compare Hanson's term in Wales with Schmidt's term in Ireland (two similar teams in terms of size, success and resources) Schmidt comes out way ahead.



Yes but we arent. Hansen got better. Schmidt didnt win a lot as a NZ coach. Shall we use that irrelevant fact as well?

Taylorman

Posts : 9209
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by eirebilly on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 9:10 pm

I will pose two questions to you New Zealand fans.

1. If Hansen quit today, who would your choice to replace him?

2. Do you think that Schmidt would do very badly as New Zealand coach or do you think he would keep New Zealand as the best in the world and win the RWC?
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Joe Schmidt

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum