The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ball tampering fall out

+23
SimonofSurrey
Nathaniel Jacobs
sirfredperry
king_carlos
boomeranga
eirebilly
No name Bertie
VTR
Born Slippy
aucklandlaurie
JDizzle
guildfordbat
alfie
hopeforthebest
Pal Joey
kingraf
compelling and rich
seanmichaels
Gooseberry
msp83
KP_fan
subhranshu.kumar.5
Marky
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ball tampering fall out - Page 3 Empty Ball tampering fall out

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:31 am

First topic message reminder :

Being reported by the Australian press that head coach has tendered his resignation. For someone who had no knowledge of the ball tampering, funny how he jumps just as cricket Australia CEO rocks up in South Africa. Lehmann is a coward and true justification would be a lifetime ban.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Ball tampering fall out - Page 3 Empty Re: Ball tampering fall out

Post by eirebilly Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:21 am

If ye are man enough to commit to calculated cheating then you should be man enough accept the consequences. Cant stand all these tears.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:40 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:If (as rumoured) Bancroft and Warner are going to appeal the sanctions imposed they may need to be more forthright as to who else was involved at Newlands, and whether they had done this in prior games.

Actually the Aussie media were quite reserved.

Sounds like that’s Warner’s intention from his post interview tweets:

I know there are unanswered questions and lots of them. I completely understand. In time i will do my best to answer them all. But there is a formal CA process to follow. I am taking advice to make sure I properly comply with that process and answer all questions in the proper place and at the proper time. I should have mentioned that in my press conference I’m sorry for not making it clearer. With so much at stake for my family and cricket I have to follow this process properly. I think that’s fair.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:11 am

These teary press conferences are getting ridiculous now. Acting that would look embarrassing even on Ramsey Street or Summer Bay. I'd like to see the bans at least doubled for these pathetic displays trying to turn themselves into the victims

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:46 am

I believe their tears are genuine but that shouldn't change how we view what happened.  David Warner and Steve Smith were tearful while Cameron Bancroft wasn't.  Clearly they were all under stress when appearing in front of the "world" in their respective press conferences.  

Warner and Smith have shown themselves to be "emotional" characters - or at least they have difficulty in controlling their emotions, while Cameron Bancroft is less emotional - or at least better able to keep his emotions in check.

Essentially Warner and Smith were crying from self-pity.  I don't believe it was acting.  But then again I don't think their tears or lack of tears should alter their punishment.

Last edited by No name Bertie on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:20 am

So 'the leadership group' appears to be just the captain, vice-captain and a half wit junior fall guy. None of the bowlers (who surely would/should have been the very first to see a change in the appearance and feel of the ball?) was aware of any of this, eh? Hmm... On which note, to the main protagonists of that vile culture of demeaning opponents, a question mark hangs over Nathan 'end some careers' Lyon and - perhaps slightly less firmly - Michell 'I hope he (Jackson Bird) sticks it up the Poms for those ridiculous comments' Starc. There is more to come, and the absurd self-pity of those caught out - so far - shows what miserable bullies they are. But are they seriously the only ones involved. Of all people, Michael Clarke commented that the Cape Town dressing room is small.

So much for the negatives, now to some welcome positives. Well done to Tim Paine for the gesture of agreeing with FdP the symbolic 'draw a line in the sand'-type team handshakes before the Fourth Test. There's a big part of me hopes the Aussies make a real go of this Test in order to show:
1/ the positive, on the field, side of Australian cricket which all true lovers of the game enjoy (even, for me, when done at the expense of England); and
2/ that life for Australian cricket can start to go on perfectly well without the three self-pitying cheats - and their equally dubious soon to be ex-coach.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:31 am

The tears are more for the loss of income for me (loss of sponsorship, IPL deals etc.) than for remorse. Hell if I lost the chance to earn over £1,000,000, I am sure that there would be tears in my eyes about that.

No tears of remorse from them as far as I can see, cheats rarely have remorse...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:32 am

Yes, I'm not having it that no one else was involved. Especially Starc, the master of reverse swing, would definitely know what's going on. Saying that, I don't want to see any more tears so am OK that they leave it where it is

I agree, at best those tears are self pity. I'm sure they can earn some cash from the whole thing though. Serialisation in the tabloids? Love Island? Steve Smith the new face of B&Q. Money to be made I'd say

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:44 am

Maybe someone could collect all the quotes from Steve Smith and analyse them.  His use of the term "leadership group" gave the impression that there were quite a few people involved.  

However the action itself of ball tampering using a piece of sandpaper in public view was so incompetently carried out / ill thought out - that does suggest only a very small group (one or two perhaps) was directly involved in concocting the method of ball tampering to be used - although the number that may have agreed to the principal of ball tampering may have been larger (three or four or more).
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:50 am

No name Bertie wrote:I believe their tears are genuine but that shouldn't change how we view what happened.  David Warner and Steve Smith were tearful while Cameron Bancroft wasn't.  Clearly they were all under stress when appearing in front of the "world" in their respective press conferences.  

Warner and Smith have shown themselves to be "emotional" characters - or at least they have difficulty in controlling their emotions, while Cameron Bancroft is less emotional - or at least better able to keep his emotions in check.

Essentially Warner and Smith were crying from self-pity.  I don't believe it was acting.  But then again I don't think their tears or lack of tears should alter their punishment.

From what I have read about the culture in the Australian Camp - it seemed pretty well immoral - for example in their sledging of opponent batsmen they would comment on and ridicule them on recent deaths of parents and relatives and illnesses of their spouses and children.

Where did you read that? If true, then they are scum.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:01 am

boomeranga wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:... From what I have read about the culture in the Australian Camp - it seemed pretty well immoral - for example in their sledging of opponent batsmen they would comment on and ridicule them on recent deaths of parents and relatives and illnesses of their spouses and children.

Where did you read that?  If true, then they are scum.
I probably should retract that / or cast some uncertainty on it - it was from a comment that I read on a recent BBC article open to comments.  It said that Bairstow had been sledged on his dead father.

Last edited by No name Bertie on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:06 am

Comments as in internet warrior comments? Or player comments?

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:11 am

boomeranga wrote:Comments as in internet warrior comments? Or player comments?
Probably internet warrior comments.  I'll delete my allegation - and give the actual comments.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43589535
Top rated comments:
6.  Posted by Gorgar Speaks  
These guys didn't care too much about the mental wellbeing of the likes of Trott, Broad, Bairstow, etc when they were trying to damage them with their "mental disintegration" antics. So why should anyone give a monkey's about how they feel?

45.  Posted by   Wesley  
Oh please. It's not just about ball-tampering. It's about the abusive, corrosive, sledge-fest character of Australian cricket. Where was the concern when Australia sledged Broad, Trott and lately Bairstow about his dead father?
What about Warner's behaviour in the current SA tour? Australian cricket stinks with rank hypocrisy and it's players, with CA collusio, have debased the game.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:15 am

Thanks for clarifying.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:21 am

I think I read the same accusations made by the Daily Mail in the boxing day test but that Bairstow had come out and said that was not the case and as such the Daily Mail had to amend their claims Bertie.

We all know that the Aussies sledge, and are probably the best at it, but do not believe they would stoop to such a low level.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:04 pm

So it remains possible that Bairstow is just a kok, and headbutted someone for nothing more than testosterone and too much booze. It happens. Interesting that a story that proved to be false when challenged followed in the immediate aftermath

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:07 pm

I believe something was said but not what was reported by the Daily Mail there boomeranga. I don't think that Bairstow is a kok as he immediately stated that what was reported was incorrect.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Something may well have been said but did anyone ask Bairstow what he said? We're the current villain, but in a lineup of ocker and pom, I'm not the only gobshites. And you're probably there for authenticity and evidential reasons as well.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:24 pm

The rumours I've heard from a few sources about Warner and Bairstow was that comments were sadly made about the circumstances in which David Bairstow died.

Apparently, Warner also encouraged younger players to follow suit when umpires started keeping a closer eye on him - a familiar feeling story now.

As for 'the culture of Australia cricket' I also heard that most of his team mates were absolutely appalled when they heard the extent and topic of the comments being made. In fact, I know a couple of journalists who were in Oz for the Ashes that said those comments were a turning point at which Warners attitude started to isolate him within his own changing room.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:38 pm

Tough, fair-dinkum, hate-the-Poms, mental disintegrating, sledging Aussies reduced to tears after getting caught for possibly the most transparent ball tampering ever.
   I'm laughing my head off. That Warner is involved, and also doing some of the crying, is way off the ironic scale of irony. This is one of the nastiest sports teams ever and there should not be a shred of sympathy for them.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:58 am

Just a quick update on this former Australia captain Steven Smith and Cameron Bancroft have confirmed they will not appeal their suspensions.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Moderators: out of interest, what's this green line thingy alongside my post above of 31 March and subsequent posts from carlos and f perry? Hovering the mouse over the line brings up the message 'Message reputation 100% (1 vote)' which sounds ok but still doesn't totally reassure me.

As, principally, a hockey player I was/am a bit concerned: a green card means two minutes off the pitch for a misdemeanour... warning

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:10 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote:Moderators: out of interest, what's this green line thingy alongside my post above of 31 March and subsequent posts from carlos and f perry? Hovering the mouse over the line brings up the message 'Message reputation 100% (1 vote)' which sounds ok but still doesn't totally reassure me.

As, principally, a hockey player I was/am a bit concerned: a green card means two minutes off the pitch for a misdemeanour... warning

It just means someone has liked your post. Red is the colour you do not want to see as it means someone dislikes your post. You can vote on posts by clicking on the small + or - buttons on the right side of the post.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:35 pm

It’s a bizarre thing and I dislike it immensely

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:It’s a bizarre thing and I dislike it immensely

Downvoted
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:54 pm

As you wish.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3