The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 3 Empty The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke on Sun 08 Apr 2018, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just for you Beast.

Things going well on and off the pitch, promotion back up to the Championship hopefully.

And stupids rows with Workington what else could you want.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke on Mon 20 May 2019, 11:03 pm

I'm surprised where Halifax are, more than decent squad. And I would argue one if the top 4 teams in that division. Especially if you factor in there history. So no disgrace losing, and perhaps the loss will refocus you on what's more important after last week's win.

Totally agree about Chisholm, that can't be the only/main reason.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by The Beast on Sun 26 May 2019, 6:55 am

No disgrace losing to Fax, they are decent. Crazy as it sounds I am happy where the Bulls are, playoffs I think are a just out of reach but the club appears to be stable.

Chisholm has made some comments here https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/dane-chisholm-explains-bradford-exit-as-he-prepares-to-play-against-them/

IMO his frustration jumps off the page, I suspect he will be on fire this afternoon in what could be an uncomfortable game for Bulls fans v an on-fire Fev side.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Mon 27 May 2019, 8:05 am

Well that was a strange one. Bulls had a bit of a nightmre leading up to the game losing 4 players late last week/Saturday e.g. Rowan Milnes & Jake Webster then prop Ross Peltier was taken ill an hour before kick off leaving Alix Stephenson, Academy Full Back to take this place. Then despite losing James Green to injury (could be 4 - 6 weeks out) they battled very hard for an hour. The last 25 minutes however the wheels completely fell off conceding 32 points in the process, Kear saying they had "given up". Bad bad day prior to the Cup QF next week.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Wed 29 May 2019, 8:28 pm

From what I've read, there was also some strange team selections.
But in fairness, this was a game you were always going to lose as Fev away is a tough place to go with your strongest team, so injuries make it nearly impossible.
And Chisholm was always going to have a big say in this game.
The plus side this weekend is you've played Halifax a more than a few times. So know what to expect, the downside is you don't have that greater record against them, and what awaits the winners is motivation for both sides.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Thu 30 May 2019, 8:52 am

Jordan Lilley is an excellent signing by the Bulls and in my opinion wasn't give a fair go at Leeds
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/bradford-bulls-coach-john-kear-over-the-moon-to-sign-jordan-lilley-on-permanent-contract-1-9794773

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 12:17 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:Jordan Lilley is an excellent signing by the Bulls and in my opinion wasn't give a fair go at Leeds
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/bradford-bulls-coach-john-kear-over-the-moon-to-sign-jordan-lilley-on-permanent-contract-1-9794773

100% agree. Really positive signing for the club after Chisholm's departure which frankly I am unsure about.

I thought some were over critical of Leeds announcing his departure prior the CC game, there is a requirement to do so on that date. Jordan Lilley I am sure is smart enough to know that when they sent him on loan for the remainder of his 18 month contract he wouldn't be going back.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Tue 04 Jun 2019, 10:49 pm

Gutted for you.

But if I'm honest didn't think you deserved to win. Attacking wise you were very dull, and why you let Murrell dictate the play like that was beyond me.
But a fantastic achievement to get there.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 09 Jun 2019, 10:40 am

Luke wrote:Gutted for you.

But if I'm honest didn't think you deserved to win. Attacking wise you were very dull, and why you let Murrell dictate the play like that was beyond me.
But a fantastic achievement to get there.

No complaints tight game, Fax and Murrell usually play well against Bradford and created more chances. Bulls attacking play is indeed very basic and that was with 4 recognised half-backs, with Milnes out for 6-8 weeks there is only Jordan Lilley left albeit Joe Keyes who has been out all year with a potentially career ending back problem is now training.

Important game today v Batley which will not be easy with so few attacking options. Important as the season could fall away unless they pick up some points very soon.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 09 Jun 2019, 10:50 am

Bradford did field basically a U20 (10 made their first team debut) side at Barrow in the 1895 cup, losing at Barrow. The scoreline went away in the second half as they tired and ran out of interchange bench but plenty of good signs of young players coming through.

Bad news as Joe Brown (former Academy player, Full Back) has re-signed from Wigan and on debut was one of the players carried off - very frustrating.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Sun 09 Jun 2019, 2:23 pm

Heard 1st half you more than matched Barrow. They just upped there pace, and that with the injuries are more what lead to the blow out score.

Just out of interest, how do you think Kear's doing?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Thu 13 Jun 2019, 7:13 pm

Excellent news that Joe Keyes came through last nights' reserve game v Keightley.

In my mind Kear is exactly the man the club needed from League 1. He has contributed towards steadying the ship and made the team on the whole difficult to beat, defence is a massive improvement.

I am however hoping that the next stage (realistically next season) will be to add that next layer and improve the attacking play which at times is painful to watch.

During the Barrow (Our League App) commentary Leon Pryce summed it by saying it is like they are setting up for a play........but don't actually run it.....rinse/repeat.....

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Fri 14 Jun 2019, 1:12 pm

Next season could be the big year with regards Kear in my mind. If London do go down, and with the rumours of how many players are leaving them. They will be in rebuild mode at the start. So Bradford should be looking at getting into the play offs, it challenging strongly for the play offs.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Tue 18 Jun 2019, 6:08 pm

Difficult to find the words to describe Bradford conceding 50 at Leigh. They did play some better rugby ball in hand however dropped the ball in the act of scoring TWICE and bombed 2 other clear cut chances. Then at 30 - 14 down waved the white flag and Leigh helped themselves. Yes they were the better side but that was very poor.

Halifax on Sunday now a must win to even be in the discussion for top 5.

I thought Leigh were very good (Josh Woods a stand out) however their discipline was very poor, having a player sin-binned have conceded a clear ruck penalty then talking back to the referee (Ben Thaler) madness. I see them making the 5 and along with Fev being a threat.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 1:39 pm

Personally I think you can still get there, but it's going to be difficult as Toronto, Toulouse and Fev are probably already there barring amazing collapses. As o it's between you,Halifax,York and Leigh. And you'd have to go with Leigh and York at the moment. But regardless if you getting in or not, it's been a good season for you. And a stepping block.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 7:47 am

Yes, it has been a good season and to be honest i have always thought top 5 is too soon for this group however it would be a shame to see the rest of the season fizzle out which it might if they lose today.

There has been a sickness bug through the squad so no Matty Wildie today and Foggin-Johnston is injured however we might have Keyes and Jy Hitchcox back which will be a bonus. To the best of my knowledge Fax also have players missing however however somehow they have Mitch Clark on loan who seems to have played for everyone this year except his own club..........for that matter I am not sure who he is actually employed by! Either way I'd like him in my team.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 7:49 am

Just to add today's game is available on the Our League website which is how I will being hopefully seeing it if I can get some work done, note to self get on with it!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 4:53 pm

Desperate for the win and a win it is but wow they made hard work of that, 24 - 8 up 15 minutes to go and today's massive brain fade comes from George Flanagan sin-binned for a stupid needless trip. 10 minutes and two Fax tries later it is 24 - 20, thankfully Bulls clinging on to the lead.

On the positive side Keyes and IMO Hitchcox made a big difference today.

With respect to Barrow (who despite their position are no push over), stunned that Fev were well beaten by them today at home.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 11:10 pm

From the sounds of it, you definitely should have won it more easily. But a wins a win at the end of the day.

Barrow have been on a good run since beating you in the 1895 thing. So I think it's more the score line then Barrow winning, they're one if those sides that are capable of doing that every now and then. Toulouse losing 2 on the bounce, though they made Toronto work.

Trouble is Toronto, with the squad they've gotand other advantages are just running away with it again. Take them out and the division would be an excellent compition. Though I do wonder if they fail to go up, how that will affect them next year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 8:22 pm

Super League needs a strong Bradford team on and off the field of play.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 8:23 pm

Super League needs a strong Bradford team on and off the field of play.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 30 Jun 2019, 9:01 am

Widnes at home today which again for me is a must win. This week's crocked list stars Matty Wildie (back), Foggin-Johnson (knee) and captain Steve Crossley (Chest) not having much luck with injuries, James Green, Rowan Milnes, Rhys Evans still some way away.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 30 Jun 2019, 7:04 pm

Well I wasn't expecting 62 - 0, listened to radio commentary Widnes were awful, Bradford very good. Not sure if it is that they played in 1895 cup or that the news (Discussion thread) has affected them but relegation is becoming a possibility.

Important win for Bradford, Toulouse away next week where will really will need to step up to get anything. Should have Crossley & Wildie back but Ross Peltier went off with an ankle injury this afternoon.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Mon 01 Jul 2019, 3:06 am

Agreed.
Thought it would have been a much closer game than that. It's a great result for Bradford, and given other results required in the play offs race.

Barrow have definitely been relegated given that they were deducted 29points for there transgressions last year. Think Widnes will just have enough, hope so anyway given what there fans have been through the last year or so.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Mon 01 Jul 2019, 9:50 pm

29 points!! I have not seen that must have been some serious transgressions?

That will help Widnes as Rochdale look doomed. Widnes have the players but no squad depth but they were terrible at Odsal yesterday.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 6:05 am

Stunning result yesterday at Toulouse, game played in 4 quarters due the weather. Bulls doing themselves and Leigh, Fev, Sheffield and York (now 2nd) a massive favour. Aside from the Leeds cup game best performance of the season by some distance. After the Fev meltdown if someone had said they would beat Fax, Widnes (by 60+) and Toulouse I would be booking them a Dr's appointment.

Big game today, Fev v Leigh, sad that it is not televised.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Sun 07 Jul 2019, 7:59 am

Brilliant result and performance. Probably the best all season. Didn't expect you to win, but no denying that was great. Now if you can continue you might get into the play offs.
Never got sky's attitude to the championship. They should at least our on a highlights program, extended on 1 match the tried of all the others. It's not like it's ramed full of interesting sports programs during the summer anyway.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 8:28 am

Luke wrote:Brilliant result and performance. Probably the best all season. Didn't expect you to win, but no denying that was great. Now if you can continue you might get into the play offs.
Never got sky's attitude to the championship. They should at least our on a highlights program, extended on 1 match the tried of all the others. It's not like it's ramed full of interesting sports programs during the summer anyway.
Bradford have found their mojo again after a slight lapse in form.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Yesterday at 10:01 am

Pretty dismal display last Sunday, taking nothing away from Swinton who very much deserved to win but Bradford looked flat, defence non-existent. Lucky to get the draw.

I have always thought that the playoffs are a step too far and might need to win all of the last six games. Given that it is York away on Sunday and soon thereafter Toronto at home this seems fanciful to me. Still a lot more positives than negatives so far this season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Yesterday at 11:25 am

The Beast wrote:Pretty dismal display last Sunday,  taking nothing away from Swinton who very much deserved to win but Bradford looked flat, defence non-existent.  Lucky to get the draw.

I have always thought that the playoffs are a step too far and might need to win all of the last six games.  Given that it is York away on Sunday and soon thereafter Toronto at home this seems fanciful to me.  Still a lot more positives than negatives so far this season.
I expected a close game and expected a Bradford victory

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Yesterday at 12:06 pm

To be fair, the play offs were always a hope. The main thing was to establish yourself in the division this year, and better it next year. And you've more than done that.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum