The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 5 Empty The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke on Sun 08 Apr 2018, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just for you Beast.

Things going well on and off the pitch, promotion back up to the Championship hopefully.

And stupids rows with Workington what else could you want.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by The Beast on Sun 17 Nov 2019, 11:15 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:Confirmed that Sam Hallas is staying with the club and Greg Johnson is joining from Salford.  Still no news on a DR partner however Ryan Brierley rumoured on a season long loan.
I'm surprised at the Johnson signing and if i was a Bulls fan i would be delighted

Agreed.

This weeks news is that Sam Hallas has been named as vice captain, George Flanagan can use warm up games to serve part of his ban for the squirrel tackle during the Toronto game which is frankly wrong. Actor Adam Fogerty (Gorgeous George in Snatch) has become a share holder.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke on Mon 18 Nov 2019, 8:38 pm

Bradford's fixtures for next year.
Because they are playing at Dewsbury, there home games I'm putting as neutral.

Sun 2nd Feb - London Broncos N/h.
Sun 9th - York A.
Sun 16th - Featherstone N/h.
Sun 1st March - Oldham A.
Sun 8th - Sheffield N/h.
Sun 22nd - Swinton A.
Sun 29th - Batley A.
Fri 10th April - Halifax N/h.
Wed 15th - Widnes A.
Sun 19th - Whitehaven N/h.
Sun 26th - Dewsbury N/h.
Sat 2nd May - Toulouse A.
Sun 17th - Leigh N/h.
Sun 24th - London Broncos A.
Sat 30th - Featherstone (bash).
Sun 14th June - Swinton N/h.
Sun 21st - Dewsbury A.
Sun 28th - Oldham N/h.
Sun 5th July - Sheffield A.
Sun 12th - Whitehaven A.
Sun 26th - Batley N/h.
Sun 2nd August - Toulouse N/h.
Sun 9th - Featherstone A.
Sun 16th - Leigh A.
Sun 23rd - York N/h.
Sun 30th - Halifax A.
Sun 6th September - Widnes N/h
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Tue 19 Nov 2019, 3:22 am

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:Confirmed that Sam Hallas is staying with the club and Greg Johnson is joining from Salford.  Still no news on a DR partner however Ryan Brierley rumoured on a season long loan.
I'm surprised at the Johnson signing and if i was a Bulls fan i would be delighted

Agreed.

This weeks news is that Sam Hallas has been named as vice captain, George Flanagan can use warm up games to serve part of his ban for the squirrel tackle during the Toronto game which is frankly wrong.  Actor Adam Fogerty (Gorgeous George in Snatch) has become a share holder.
Isn't Adam Fogerty involved withe the TWP in some capacity?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Tue 19 Nov 2019, 6:05 pm

I believe he at least was involved GH yes, not sure however in what capacity.

Bulls sign Anthony England (Wakey) on a one year deal. Very good signing IMO.

Steve Crossley has signed an extension up to the end of 2021.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Wed 20 Nov 2019, 1:54 am

The Beast wrote:I believe he at least was involved GH yes, not sure however in what capacity.

Bulls sign Anthony England (Wakey) on a one year deal.  Very good signing IMO.

They must have some money behind them now with signing Anthony England

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 24 Nov 2019, 8:57 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:I believe he at least was involved GH yes, not sure however in what capacity.

Bulls sign Anthony England (Wakey) on a one year deal.  Very good signing IMO.

They must have some money behind them now with signing Anthony England

Not much by all accounts however most of the full time players have gone i.e. Elliott Minichella, Joe Keyes, Ross Peltier, Jay Hitchcox, Ethan Ryan, James Green, Matty Wildie and Colton Roche, Mickey Wood, Matty Storton, Ashley Gibson etc have also gone so the wage bill must be significantly reduced.

The club are saying they would like 6 more however whether this is permanent or loan/dual reg is not clear. As it stands the squad is.....threadbare, with Connor Farrell (knee surgery) and George Flanagan (Suspened, rightly so) several juniors will need to fill the side for day one. There are 3 recognised props, two halves one of whom is on loan how they will run a reserve team along side the academy is anyone's guess.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 5:45 pm

Apparently the Dewsbury home game v Bradford is to be played at Headingley, as a double header. I really can't see how this works, or what benefits either side get out of this.

I would imagine the reserve side will be made up of local amateurs and former academy players.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 10:01 am

Luke wrote:Apparently the Dewsbury home game v Bradford is to be played at Headingley, as a double header. I really can't see how this works, or what benefits either side get out of this.

I would imagine the reserve side will be made up of local amateurs and former academy players.
That's totally confused me as well.
It is my opinion that we are not being told the full facts about the Bradford saga and that we includes the Bradford fans.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 08 Dec 2019, 6:08 pm

Bradford sign Sam Barlow on a one year deal. Great signing, just back from a 4 (yes FOUR) year ban for obstructing a drug test, outstanding work.

Apparently he is delighted, lucky would be better, wouldn't have touched him. Hey ho.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Sun 08 Dec 2019, 10:19 pm

The Beast wrote:Bradford sign Sam Barlow on a one year deal.  Great signing, just back from a 4 (yes FOUR) year ban for obstructing a drug test, outstanding work.  

Apparently he is delighted, lucky would be better, wouldn't have touched him.  Hey ho.
Another car crash waiting to happen in my opinion

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Sat 14 Dec 2019, 2:24 pm

I don't know if you can get it. But try and read this month's 40/20.
There is a fascinating article about Bradford and how we got to where we are with them. And long, it's really interesting.

Oh and I quite like your new home shirt, it looks amart
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 12:51 am

I think even Bradford fans are suffering from the fatigued that's the on going saga at the club. Roll on the new season so we can talk about what's going on the pitch with them and not off the pitch.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 10:51 am

Unfortunately I did not see the 40/20 article, a shame but George is right so much has been written it is hard to see the through various versions. I note the RFL have decided via an internal investigation that they have no case to answer with regard to Odsal. Good to see some more self auditing such an effective tool in avoiding questions, unsurprisingly however fooling no-one.

Meanwhile Bradford have signed Adam Rooks (SR) on a season long loan from Hull KR who I will admit to knowing very little about. Levy Nzoungou, formerly Hull FC has joined on a one year deal which looks like solid business.

It has been confirmed that Connor Farrell will miss the first couple of months of the season following knee surgery. Castleford (Away) await on Boxing Day who have Ricardson, Hepi, Olpherts et al, a pre-season run out, hopefully no injuries and not being completely embarrassed would be a good start.

It will be a tough start to the season (thanks for the fixtures Luke) with London, York & Featherstone. Oh and yes that home shirt is smart Home 2020 shirt

One final note I won 6 pints of beer at a Bradford pub on the Bulls lottery. I don't drink alcohol!!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 8:27 am

The Beast wrote:Unfortunately I did not see the 40/20 article, a shame but George is right so much has been written it is hard to see the through various versions.  I note the RFL have decided via an internal investigation that they have no case to answer with regard to Odsal. Good to see some more self auditing such an effective tool in avoiding questions, unsurprisingly however fooling no-one.

Meanwhile Bradford have signed Adam Rooks (SR) on a season long loan from Hull KR who I will admit to knowing very little about.  Levy Nzoungou, formerly Hull FC has joined on a one year deal which looks like solid business.

It has been confirmed that Connor Farrell will miss the first couple of months of the season following knee surgery.  Castleford (Away) await on Boxing Day who have Ricardson, Hepi, Olpherts et al, a pre-season run out, hopefully no injuries and not being completely embarrassed would be a good start.  

It will be a tough start to the season (thanks for the fixtures Luke) with London, York & Featherstone.  Oh and yes that home shirt is smart Home 2020 shirt

One final note I won 6 pints of beer at a Bradford pub on the Bulls lottery.  I don't drink alcohol!!  
Rest assured that all Rugby League fans want to see this saga end and people just want to talk about the Bulls playing Rugby League

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 12:30 pm

Not that it means a lot and I am certainly not getting carried away but by all accounts a good performance at Cas on Boxing Day. Ebon Scurr is looking every bit the next talent from the Bulls academy.

News on a potential dual reg partner awaits, Hull FC apparently who are choosing between the Bulls and Batley. I hate Dual Reg however the squad will be very thin without it.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Thu 02 Jan 2020, 9:12 pm

Unless I am living in a parallel universe I think I have just read that Bradford have LOANED Rhys Evans to Leeds for 2020. Perhaps I need a holiday?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Fri 03 Jan 2020, 8:01 am

The Beast wrote:Unless I am living in a parallel universe I think I have just read that Bradford have LOANED Rhys Evans to Leeds for 2020.  Perhaps I need a holiday?

Then I obviously need a holiday too, as I've read that as well.
Erm.. really can't say anything about it other than very strange.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun 05 Jan 2020, 11:06 am

Luke wrote:
The Beast wrote:Unless I am living in a parallel universe I think I have just read that Bradford have LOANED Rhys Evans to Leeds for 2020.  Perhaps I need a holiday?

Then I obviously need a holiday too, as I've read that as well.
Erm.. really can't say anything about it other than very strange.

Thanks Luke, for a moment I thought I had lost the plot. I can't recall a player from a lower division being "Loaned" to one from a higher division in any sport, particularly as Bradford are likely to be in towards the bottom of the table. Apparently the Bulls are getting some young Leeds players in return, if one is Muizz Mustapha it would help to soften the blow as he looks a serious prospect.

To the best of my knowledge Evans is OOC at the end of the season which makes is effectively a permanent move but this does again make the squad very light on experience. Presumably with these loans there will be no dual reg this year, at least with Toronto or Hull FC,

Separately quite a few fans (probably not just Bradford) are frustrated at the news that some match times have been moved to 6:15pm to accommodate them being shown on the Our League website. Certainly a kick in the teeth/pain in the backside for those already purchasing season tickets. Bradford's home games v Sheffield (8th March) and Leigh (17th May) have been moved + the Batley away game (29th March).

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Wed 08 Jan 2020, 8:18 pm

The game on Sunday away at Leeds is heading for a sellout. Great news

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Today at 3:23 pm

As smart as the home shirt is.
That away top is class, a brilliant shirt.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum