All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Go down

All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by I'm never wrong on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 8:30 am

After ending his endorsement with Callaway it sounds like Patrick Reed has a number of different club manufacturers in his bag. Go to 1:15 of CNBC Interview

I'm never wrong

Posts : 1830
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by McLaren on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 9:24 am

I think Matty Fitz might be another player without a club deal.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13241
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by super_realist on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 6:06 pm

Makes sense, no point being a FKW when you've got millions in the bank.

super_realist

Posts : 22139
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by McLaren on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 6:08 pm

super_realist wrote:Makes sense, no point being a FKW when you've got millions in the bank.

Maybe premier league players should stop wearing the full kit.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13241
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by George1507 on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 8:55 pm

After the way I played today, all the famous club makers are lining up to offer me money not to play their equipment.

Shocked

Had high hopes for today after the weather seems to have changed for the better. Wish I hadn't bothered.

George1507

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by super_realist on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 9:25 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Makes sense, no point being a FKW when you've got millions in the bank.

Maybe premier league players should stop wearing the full kit.

Do you even know what a FKW is Mac? It doesn't refer to people on the pitch, it refers to people wearing full kit whilst watching football, out getting their messages, driving lesson, pub etc.

super_realist

Posts : 22139
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by navyblueshorts on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 9:15 am

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Makes sense, no point being a FKW when you've got millions in the bank.

Maybe premier league players should stop wearing the full kit.

Do you even know what a FKW is Mac? It doesn't refer to people on the pitch, it refers to people wearing full kit whilst watching football, out getting their messages, driving lesson, pub etc.
That doesn't make a lot of sense then. Who was suggesting Reed (or any other golf pro) wears much kit when not at 'work'?
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 7206
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by George1507 on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 11:53 am

Patrick Reed turned up at a baseball game in Texas wearing his green jacket last week.

Don't know if that makes him a FKW, or just a W.

George1507

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by pedro on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 12:23 pm

If he had a pink polo under, then yes.

pedro

Posts : 6148
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by raycastleunited on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 12:28 pm

George1507 wrote:Patrick Reed turned up at a baseball game in Texas wearing his green jacket last week.

Don't know if that makes him a FKW, or just a W.

If you'd just won the green jacket wouldn't you want to wear it everywhere? I would. Until the novelty wore off.


raycastleunited

Posts : 3242
Join date : 2011-03-22
Location : North London

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by McLaren on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 12:35 pm

Almost all the past Masters champions have worn the green jacket to events like that in the year after their win. I have heard it said that the reason they are allowed to take the jacket off the premises for a year after they win is to get exactly that sort of promotion for the event/club to the world outside golf.
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 13241
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by super_realist on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 7:20 pm

The Green Jacket is the 2nd most hideous trophy in golf, the #1 being the one for the Tiger Challenge or whatever it's called.

Just a ghastly piece of clothing.

super_realist

Posts : 22139
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by super_realist on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 7:22 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Makes sense, no point being a FKW when you've got millions in the bank.

Maybe premier league players should stop wearing the full kit.

Do you even know what a FKW is Mac? It doesn't refer to people on the pitch, it refers to people wearing full kit whilst watching football, out getting their messages, driving lesson, pub etc.
That doesn't make a lot of sense then. Who was suggesting Reed (or any other golf pro) wears much kit when not at 'work'?

The FKW remark was related to having a set of clubs i.e. Callaway being in his bag from Putter to Driver, given how rich most of the top players are, I'm surprised more don't just please themselves.

super_realist

Posts : 22139
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by Roller_Coaster on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 12:07 pm

As you're only allowed it off site during the time you are the reigning champion, then yeah you'd wear it loads if it was your first major or first time Masters winner.

It is aesthetically awful as a garment, but I'd rather wear that than the 2 foot model of the clubhouse.

Roller_Coaster

Posts : 2282
Join date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: All different clubs in the bag for Patrick Reed?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum