The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+3
Corporalhumblebucket
chichestersurreyfan
jimbohammers
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 19 Apr 2018, 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

And we're back Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
Surrey have named a 12-man squad for their season opening Specsavers County Championship match with Hampshire at the Kia oval'
South African batsman Dean Elgar is named in his first Surrey squad in his second spell after returning to the club last week.
As announced on Wednesday, Morne Morkel is currently completing a ‘back to bowling’ programme with the hope of featuring for Surrey by the start of June. Rolling Eyes
Conor McKerr is on a similar route back to fitness due to a side strain picked up on the pre-season tour of Dubai while Stuart Meaker is unavailable due to a family bereavement. Sad
There is no place in the squad for Arun Harinath ,Ryan patel ,Matt Pillans Will Jacks, Freddie burger van or Gus Atkinson
Full squad is as follows:
Rory Burns (captain)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Rikki Clarke
Sam Curran
Jade Dernbach
Matt Dunn
Dean Elgar
Ben Foakes
Ollie Pope
Mark Stoneman
Amar Virdi
As previously said by others on the main forum I doubt Meaker would have played otherwise.
The sun is out so could that possibly see either jade or Dunn miss out for the final spot Headscratch
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Mon 23 Apr 2018, 12:20 pm

One wicket in the first hour and it's another lbw won by Virdi against the out of form Rossouw.

I doubt I would have given it out but I could understand the shout yesterday against Vince being upheld. As the Corporal said, it was difficult to tell what happened in real time. Having freeze framed it, the ball hits the knee roll first before ballooning up. It therefore probably wasn't going over - particularly, as most of Vidi's balls weren't getting up. Probably pitching just in line and, in any case doubtful that a shot was played, before going on to hit. Too many uncertainties for me but I suspect a DRS review may have supported the umpire.

I was also unsure about Amla's lbw. Thought that might have narrowly been missing leg.

Anyway, time for a blitz from Dunn imo.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Mon 23 Apr 2018, 12:25 pm

Dawson drags on against Dernbach!

4 to go ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 23 Apr 2018, 1:32 pm

7 down at lunch with Abbott falling to Virdi.

Northeast still there and battling away but with two sessions left, it'll take something fantastic from Hants to prevent a Surrey win.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 23 Apr 2018, 2:04 pm

Borthwick given 3 overs immediately after lunch. No wickets and hopefully it won't make any difference to the result but it's not what I would have done. It just seemed to enable Northeast and Wood to easily play themselves back in after the break.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 23 Apr 2018, 2:27 pm

wkt for baby face

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 23 Apr 2018, 3:13 pm

Hants making us work hard for the last 2 wickets.

A ton for Northeast whilst Wheal who has had a horrible first 3 days (0 runs and 0 wickets) isn't giving up without a fight. If they can hang on another 30 minutes until tea, there'll be real hopes and anxieties in the two camps. We should still be ok for the win but you never know ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Apr 2018, 3:39 pm

Someone tell third degree that Dunn (you know that quick bowler), would be better bowling the short stuff than Clarke
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 23 Apr 2018, 3:39 pm

Borthwick bowling at the end of the session just as he did at the start of it. Hopefully, I'll be proved wrong but I think this is a waste. I would give Dunn a burst - he's bowled little today, he may go for a few but that doesn't matter in this context.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 23 Apr 2018, 4:07 pm

jade strikes 1 to get

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 23 Apr 2018, 4:48 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
corporal open the bar guinness Ale cider RedWine Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 23 Apr 2018, 5:01 pm

Cracking win and very surprising after we were skittled for 211 on Friday. Not often you win a CC match at the Oval with that sort of score first dig.

Excellent team effort. Delighted for Dunny to get the final wicket, he's had a rough couple of years.

PS The Corporal's been very quiet. Guess he's been busy restocking the bar! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 23 Apr 2018, 5:40 pm

guildfordbat wrote:.....
PS The Corporal's been very quiet. Guess he's been busy restocking the bar! Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy

Spot on Guildford - don't want to be supplying time expired cans of lager that are only fit for using in slug traps.Whistle

We edged over the line eventually - full marks to Hants for making Surrey work extremely hard for those last four wickets. Very much a team effort. Great catching from Foakes.

guinness guinness cider cider Bubbly Bubbly Whisky Whisky RedWine RedWine

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 23 Apr 2018, 5:42 pm

Mainly for Jimbo.

Very good effort from your new man Northeast today although it always seemed as if he had too much to do.

I'm not going to make a call based on only this game about McManus' batting. However, having kept wicket in our second dig for the best part of 110 overs with all the physical demands and mental concentration that has to involve, I would question whether he should then be going out to open the batting.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Mon 23 Apr 2018, 11:23 pm

Some catch by Foakes for the last wicket..I managed to watch about 10minutes live of the streaming with the commentary...have to say a really good addition..only shame is the tiny delay between the pictures and the commentary which makes for slightly disconcerting viewing...great to see some of the home grown talent doing well and certainly augers well for the season...

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 26 Apr 2018, 9:48 am

A good show of fight from Northeast and our lower order but the first innings total was the reason we lost the game. Congrats on the win, Surrey.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 26 Apr 2018, 9:50 am

guildfordbat wrote:Mainly for Jimbo.

Very good effort from your new man Northeast today although it always seemed as if he had too much to do.

I'm not going to make a call based on only this game about McManus' batting. However, having kept wicket in our second dig for the best part of 110 overs with all the physical demands and mental concentration that has to involve, I would question whether he should then be going out to open the batting.

I totally agree with that Guildford. He is a good batsmen, but id have him in the lower order. Its a big ask for him to be in the field keeping that long and then come out to bat straight away.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2