Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Go down

Championship Winners

53% 53% 
[ 8 ]
47% 47% 
[ 7 ]
 
Total Votes : 15

Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 19 May 2018, 11:23 am

Teams

Leinster

Sexton
Nacewa
McGrath
Furlong
Fardy
Leavy

TBC

Scarlets

Beirne
Evans

TBC


Who’s your money on? Leinster for the double or Scarlets for back-to-back?
avatar
Pot Hale

Posts : 5711
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 57
Location : Dubhlinn

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by No9 on Sat 19 May 2018, 1:07 pm

Leinster starting to show tiredness, and Scarlets with a point to make after not showing up for the Champions Cup semi.

Going to be close.. but I reckon Scarlets by a score.

No9

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by Geen sport voor watjes on Sat 19 May 2018, 4:51 pm

Jebus h that was quick pot. As a Munsterman and Irishman it is completely clear who I will be supporting next week. A team that play great attacking rugby.

Geen sport voor watjes

Posts : 443
Join date : 2015-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by geoff999rugby on Sun 20 May 2018, 3:40 am

Delighted it is these two - they are the two best teams in the league.

Got my seat near the middle as well Very Happy

geoff999rugby

Posts : 3928
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by eirebilly on Sun 20 May 2018, 3:45 am

The Scarlets play an all out attacking style but there is not better team in NH club rugby to counter that than Leinster. I think this will actually be a very close final.

Will not say who I think will win until I see the teams announced.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by No9 on Sat 26 May 2018, 6:12 am

Scarlets to win by 5 Yahoo

No9

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by carpet baboon on Sat 26 May 2018, 6:19 am

No9 wrote:Scarlets to win by 5 Yahoo

Wasn't that your same prediction for the euro semi?

carpet baboon

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by VinceWLB on Sat 26 May 2018, 6:42 am

I hope that Scarlets win this. Unlike for the semi, this time they have a proper back 3 combination. Still, i think a lot will depend on how their pack fare against (on paper) the much stronger Leinster one.

Anyway, lets hope for a cracking game of rugby.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3723
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by eirebilly on Sat 26 May 2018, 12:12 pm

You really can tell that it is Isa's last game for Leinster, he is involved in everything.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by eirebilly on Sat 26 May 2018, 12:21 pm

Very sad for Isa, leaving the field so early. He has been a credit to Leinster rugby. One of the best Leinster players of all time. clap
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by eirebilly on Sat 26 May 2018, 12:42 pm

Shingler down, looks like his knee may have gone. Massive loss to the Scarlets.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by VinceWLB on Sat 26 May 2018, 12:59 pm

As expected, Leinster bullying Scarlets up front. Shingler a big loss as Scarlets are now even more underpowered with 2 openside on the pitch.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3723
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:00 pm

21-11 to Leinster at the break. Tries for Toner, Lowe and McNicholl.
avatar
Pot Hale

Posts : 5711
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 57
Location : Dubhlinn

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by eirebilly on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:02 pm

Cant really see a way back for the Scarlets here. Leinster are just too strong.

Kearney having a belter under the high ball.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by mckay1402 on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:18 pm

How on earth did the ref see that lineout and let it go? Leinster throw was ridiculously crooked
avatar
mckay1402

Posts : 2511
Join date : 2011-04-27
Age : 41
Location : Market Harborough

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by eirebilly on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:18 pm

That is never a penalty for high tackle on Sexton...
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by eirebilly on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:20 pm

And it leads to a good touch finder and try. The Scarlets can feel aggrieved by that.

That's game over now.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by mckay1402 on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:22 pm

How the hell did the ref not see halfpenny taken in the air?
avatar
mckay1402

Posts : 2511
Join date : 2011-04-27
Age : 41
Location : Market Harborough

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by eirebilly on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:26 pm

Larmour clap

That was special, the speed of the lad.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by Brendan on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:37 pm

Only watched the last 10mins but seems a really good game

Scarlets just seem to be a bit rushed/nervous at times and not quite there. Probably Leinster pressure

Brendan

Posts : 1801
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by Brendan on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:54 pm

Good finish

Well done both teams

Brendan

Posts : 1801
Join date : 2012-04-08
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by eirebilly on Sat 26 May 2018, 1:56 pm

Leinster clearly the better side in the Pro-14 and in Europe this year so more than deserved champions.

Fair play to the Scarlets, they never gave up and that made for an excellent final.

Congrats to Leinster and their fans on the double.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 23390
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 47
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 26 May 2018, 2:02 pm

Woo hoo!

That was a smashing victory.

Absolute dominance by Leinster.
avatar
Pot Hale

Posts : 5711
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 57
Location : Dubhlinn

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by SecretFly on Sat 26 May 2018, 2:13 pm

Thank you Mr Isa Isa Isa.


SecretFly

Posts : 27913
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by No9 on Sat 26 May 2018, 6:01 pm

Congrats Leinster....

Appalling refereeing, with so many forward passes and infringements.

Sexton play acting earning a penalty... censored how can the TMO say there was nothing wrong with Scott WIlliams tackle but advise a penalty. If there’s nothing wrong then there’s NO penalty...

Final score was fair.

No9

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Sun 27 May 2018, 2:38 am

Congratulations to Leinster, and their fans. They shown us just how superior they are to the rest of us. Totally different class, I think they coukd’ve put a lot more on us and beaten us by a good 40+ if they didn’t take their foot of the gas in the last 20 mins
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9881
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 33
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by VinceWLB on Sun 27 May 2018, 3:43 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Congratulations to Leinster, and their fans.  They shown us just how superior they are to the rest of us.  Totally different class, I think they coukd’ve put a lot more on us and beaten us by a good 40+ if they didn’t take their foot of the gas in the last 20 mins

I actually thought Leinster were tired in the last quarter and had Scarlets still been in the game they would have won that.

Scarlets should have brought in Bulbring instead of Boyde (and move Rawlins to 6) after Shingler injury as the pack was really struggling, with 2 openside it became worse. Big mistake.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3723
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by VinceWLB on Sun 27 May 2018, 3:45 am

One word for the referee, thought he had a good game overall. The TMO, not so much but we are starting to get used to TMOs not being up to the task.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3723
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by Eejit on Sun 27 May 2018, 7:12 am

What a cracking game to watch, and as a neutral I actually saw a game of rugby rather than watching Glasgow’s harem-scarem stuff through my hands.

Watching a game at the Aviva really is eye opening as the fan experience is so much better than at Murrayfield. Everything just seems to work and you’re never queuing for very long.

Eejit

Posts : 442
Join date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 27 May 2018, 6:25 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Congratulations to Leinster, and their fans.  They shown us just how superior they are to the rest of us.  Totally different class, I think they coukd’ve put a lot more on us and beaten us by a good 40+ if they didn’t take their foot of the gas in the last 20 mins

I actually thought Leinster were tired in the last quarter and had Scarlets still been in the game they would have won that.

Scarlets should have brought in Bulbring instead of Boyde (and move Rawlins to 6) after Shingler injury as the pack was really struggling, with 2 openside it became worse. Big mistake.

Pivac was probably reluctant as Bulbring is a very average lock forward. Not sure about Steve Cummings though, who was probably just there for his size. Too bad Ball was unavailable, him and Beirne work really well.

Congrats to Leinster and their fans. This Leinster team is pretty special. Scarlets will be back stronger next year.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7116
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by rodders on Mon 28 May 2018, 4:02 am

No9 wrote:Congrats Leinster....

Appalling refereeing, with so many forward passes and infringements.

Sexton play acting earning a penalty... censored how can the TMO say there was nothing wrong with Scott WIlliams tackle but advise a penalty. If there’s nothing wrong then there’s NO penalty...

Final score was fair.

He said clearly that the second tackle was high by Davies. The Ref misheard and held up 13 wrongly as the player being penalized. Davies was lucky not to see Yellow.

Well done Leinster, what a season.

Scarlets are a tremendous side though just lacked the power up front to match Leinster over the 80 min.

Great advert for the pro14 though, the standard this season has been so much higher.
avatar
rodders

Posts : 24454
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by VinceWLB on Mon 28 May 2018, 5:03 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Pivac was probably reluctant as Bulbring is a very average lock forward. Not sure about Steve Cummings though, who was probably just there for his size. Too bad Ball was unavailable, him and Beirne work really well.

It was apparent how big a loss Shingler was.. Closest player to him Scarlets had in the squad is Rawlins. Bulbring would at least have added some ballast to the front 5. I do think that had Scarlets still been in the game with a quarter to go they would have won as Leinster were quickly tiring.

Also that game showed how ineffective James Davies type of openside are in such physical games.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3723
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Mon 28 May 2018, 5:52 am

VinceWLB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Pivac was probably reluctant as Bulbring is a very average lock forward. Not sure about Steve Cummings though, who was probably just there for his size. Too bad Ball was unavailable, him and Beirne work really well.

It was apparent how big a loss Shingler was.. Closest player to him Scarlets had in the squad is Rawlins. Bulbring would at least have added some ballast to the front 5. I do think that had Scarlets still been in the game with a quarter to go they would have won as Leinster were quickly tiring.

Also that game showed how ineffective James Davies type of openside are in such physical games.

Halfpenny also showed he is really lacking the pace for top flight rugby, and once he had been beaten in the air 3 or 4 times, he should’ve come off for Prydie. Against most teams these deficiencies are not so visible, which just shows how good Leinster are.
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9881
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 33
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by Collapse2005 on Mon 28 May 2018, 7:38 am

rodders wrote:
No9 wrote:Congrats Leinster....

Appalling refereeing, with so many forward passes and infringements.

Sexton play acting earning a penalty... censored how can the TMO say there was nothing wrong with Scott WIlliams tackle but advise a penalty. If there’s nothing wrong then there’s NO penalty...

Final score was fair.

He said clearly that the second tackle was high by Davies. The Ref misheard and held up 13 wrongly as the player being penalized. Davies was lucky not to see Yellow.

Well done Leinster, what a season.

Scarlets are a tremendous side though just lacked the power up front to match Leinster over the 80 min.

Great advert for the pro14 though, the standard this season has been so much higher.  

I agree Rodders, the Pro14 is where its at at the moment in the NH. Despite the sloppy addition of the two SA sides it was a reasonably successful experiment and is a well organised league IMO.

Collapse2005

Posts : 1041
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 28 May 2018, 10:51 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Pivac was probably reluctant as Bulbring is a very average lock forward. Not sure about Steve Cummings though, who was probably just there for his size. Too bad Ball was unavailable, him and Beirne work really well.

It was apparent how big a loss Shingler was.. Closest player to him Scarlets had in the squad is Rawlins. Bulbring would at least have added some ballast to the front 5. I do think that had Scarlets still been in the game with a quarter to go they would have won as Leinster were quickly tiring.

Also that game showed how ineffective James Davies type of openside are in such physical games.

Halfpenny also showed he is really lacking the pace for top flight rugby, and once he had been beaten in the air 3 or 4 times, he should’ve come off for Prydie.  Against most teams these deficiencies are not so visible, which just shows how good Leinster are.

If true then Halfpenny could finally be on his way out. We’ve had some other players threatening to take 15 for a while. Scarlets have JM and next year CB. Before long Johnny will be Wales elgible, looks capable of stepping up and will likely get capped.

Vince you’ve finally noticed it about James Davies then. This is why I think he’s far down the pecking order of 7s in Wales. Turks massively overrate him.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 7116
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 29 May 2018, 7:08 am

Saint - Jonny Mc may well never be WQ he has 18 months (give or take) until he is WQ and his contract runs out in 12. He has made a point of saying he wouldn’t play for another region, however he would be happy enough to move on should a better deal be available elsewhere.

Cubby had a quiet game against Leinster, but to be fair I’m not sure a single welsh backrower has had much success in the winning turnover ball against Leinster or the Irish in general this season.
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9881
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 33
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by rodders on Tue 29 May 2018, 9:00 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Pivac was probably reluctant as Bulbring is a very average lock forward. Not sure about Steve Cummings though, who was probably just there for his size. Too bad Ball was unavailable, him and Beirne work really well.

It was apparent how big a loss Shingler was.. Closest player to him Scarlets had in the squad is Rawlins. Bulbring would at least have added some ballast to the front 5. I do think that had Scarlets still been in the game with a quarter to go they would have won as Leinster were quickly tiring.

Also that game showed how ineffective James Davies type of openside are in such physical games.

Halfpenny also showed he is really lacking the pace for top flight rugby, and once he had been beaten in the air 3 or 4 times, he should’ve come off for Prydie.  Against most teams these deficiencies are not so visible, which just shows how good Leinster are.

I though 1/2 penny did alright actually.

Lowe made a total mug out of Zebo twice in the semi-final but failed to beat Halfpenny one on one on a couple of occasions with quite a bit of space.
avatar
rodders

Posts : 24454
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by Collapse2005 on Tue 29 May 2018, 9:52 am

Yeah but when has Zebo ever set the bar for defending from 15?

Collapse2005

Posts : 1041
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 29 May 2018, 11:55 am

1/2 was man shamed in the air, he was miles out of position on a few occasions, and his lack of pace on the kick and chase try was shocking consider he has only half the distance to cover.
avatar
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9881
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 33
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Re: Leinster v Scarlets PRO14 Final - who’ll be first Championship winners?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum