The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+20
George1507
Eyetoldyouso
1GrumpyGolfer
Roller_Coaster
Davie
Diggers
super_realist
I'm never wrong
Be_the_ball
westisbest
NedB-H
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
JAS
pedro
beninho
dynamark
raycastleunited
wiretapper
McLaren
24 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Wed 23 May 2018, 1:29 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
McLaren wrote:Kwini

I reckon Harry has scored a double eagle.

She's a weird looking bird, more a bogey I'd say.

Kwini, you have very high standards. I seem to remember you thought Lexi was a bit of a minger.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 23 May 2018, 1:58 pm

McLaren wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:

Kwini, you have very high standards.  I seem to remember you thought Lexi was a bit of a minger.

Don't fancy Murky at all, and Lexi has a face that looks like it was chiselled, plus a pair of false fronts. Good in course architecture but not to my taste. Very unattractive, almost a bit Lola-ish.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by wiretapper Wed 23 May 2018, 2:31 pm

What's your thoughts on new Arsenal manager, sorry head coach Unai Emery.

I think he's awful, but I do like him

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 May 2018, 3:18 pm

wiretapper

Yet another disappointment for Arsenal fans. His record before PSG with Seville was mildly impressive but what good the Arsenal board saw in his time at PSG is a total mystery. Arteta would have felt like a much more exciting appointment despite has lack of experience. I could imagine a group of players really warming to and fighting for a young manager trying to prove his worth.

Unai just seems a bit too similar to the later years Wenger.

It could be worse however, the could have Mourhino.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 May 2018, 3:19 pm

Kwini

A hard man to please apparently. I hope Mrs Kwini isn't held to such exacting standards.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 23 May 2018, 3:39 pm

A hard man to please apparently.  I hope Mrs Kwini isn't held to such exacting standards.

Mrs kwini has to be seen to be believed . . . . . . . Very Happy

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 23 May 2018, 3:44 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
McLaren wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:

Kwini, you have very high standards.  I seem to remember you thought Lexi was a bit of a minger.

Don't fancy Murky at all, and Lexi has a face that looks like it was chiselled, plus a pair of false fronts. Good in course architecture but not to my taste. Very unattractive, almost a bit Lola-ish.

You think so? I think Lexi is a natural girl, could be wrong.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 23 May 2018, 4:56 pm

wiretapper wrote:What's your thoughts on new Arsenal manager, sorry head coach Unai Emery.

Maybe kwini thinks he’s a hottie.. Whistle

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 23 May 2018, 5:38 pm

Ray the WC thing is Kosher .When they go to buy a house its the first thing to check out not allowed to face or back onto Mecca.
Now the next few weeks they are all sleeping half the day due to fasting.A lot of working folk take their leave this time during Ramadam to get through it.All about charity and those less fortunate without regular meals etc .

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 23 May 2018, 6:29 pm

pedro wrote:
wiretapper wrote:What's your thoughts on new Arsenal manager, sorry head coach Unai Emery.

Maybe kwini thinks he’s a hottie.. Whistle

I am . . . . . Whistle

Not sure that I'm seeing the full picture of Arteta as a prospective Top 6 manager at this stage of his career - not exactly a raging success at Arsenal as a player either.
Let's face it, if he was British with similar credentials he'd have to start at the bottom, or close to it.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 23 May 2018, 8:00 pm

Spot on Kwini. Different rules it seems for the “top 6 teams”. If any other club in the PL or Championship went for an untried continental youth team coach as their new boss, the press would be all over them for not giving English managers a chance. Never saw anyone suggesting Arsenal should give a go to a Chris Wilder or Gary Rowett or (whisper it) Paul Hurst, or even a Chris Hughton. Yet lower clubs with smaller resources get slated for hiring the likes of Allardyce, Pulis and Hodgson, who are both British and hugely successful managers, just not twenty years younger and trendier.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 23 May 2018, 9:11 pm

Hurst building himself a nice little CV - what did you guys think of Micky Mellon?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 23 May 2018, 9:49 pm

Mellon is an excellent lower league manager, knows the players like the back of his hand, as all the best managers at that level do. Seemed to get a bit found out at League 1, but he did a good job for us. Glad to see him go up with Tranmere.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 23 May 2018, 10:19 pm

Do any of our Irish posters think Ireland should impose sanctions, or even take military action, on the US for interfering in Irish elections? This looks more organised than Russia-gate, so to follow the previous logic I guess the answer to my question would be ‘yes’. There’s even US government employees openly campaigning.
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/05/23/europe/ireland-abortion-referendum-american-campaigners-intl/index.html

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 23 May 2018, 11:10 pm

They should deport them all for starters. But is the Irish Gov't encouraging them?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 May 2018, 9:41 am

McLaren wrote:wiretapper

Yet another disappointment for Arsenal fans.  His record before PSG with Seville was mildly impressive but what good the Arsenal board saw in his time at PSG is a total mystery.  Arteta would have felt like a much more exciting appointment despite has lack of experience.  I could imagine a group of players really warming to and fighting for a young manager trying to prove his worth.

How about a higher win % than Blanc and those before?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 May 2018, 9:43 am

pedro wrote:Do any of our Irish posters think Ireland should impose sanctions, or even take military action, on the US for interfering in Irish elections? This looks more organised than Russia-gate, so to follow the previous logic I guess the answer to my question would be ‘yes’. There’s even US government employees openly campaigning.
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/05/23/europe/ireland-abortion-referendum-american-campaigners-intl/index.html
Depends if it's State-sanctioned (or likely to be) or whether it's individuals.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 24 May 2018, 1:19 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:wiretapper

Yet another disappointment for Arsenal fans.  His record before PSG with Seville was mildly impressive but what good the Arsenal board saw in his time at PSG is a total mystery.  Arteta would have felt like a much more exciting appointment despite has lack of experience.  I could imagine a group of players really warming to and fighting for a young manager trying to prove his worth.

How about a higher win % than Blanc and those before?

Quite.

Also, his Europa success is going to be key. Let's face it, it's the only way Arsenal are going to qualify for the CL

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 25 May 2018, 10:05 am

I hope Ireland makes tge right decision today.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 25 May 2018, 10:50 am

beninho wrote:I hope Ireland makes tge right decision today.
Never understood why a so-called developed country neglects that this is a human rights issue. But then again, maybe I just provided the answer. And why were those people let into the EU in the first place, when respect of fundamental human rights is number one eligibility criteria?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 25 May 2018, 3:33 pm

pedro wrote:
Never understood why a so-called developed country neglects that this is a human rights issue. But then again, maybe I just provided the answer. And why were those people let into the EU in the first place, when respect of fundamental human rights is number one eligibility criteria?

...because global corporates wanted a little known beneficial tax regime from which to exploit European markets?? The EU are big on talk about human rights but really when it comes down to it the Davos set don't give a Poopie about human rights and they have the EU in their back pockets.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 25 May 2018, 5:09 pm

JAS wrote:
pedro wrote:

...because global corporates wanted a little known beneficial tax regime from which to exploit European markets?? The EU are big on talk about human rights but really when it comes down to it the Davos set don't give a Poopie about human rights and they have the EU in their back pockets.
So were those regimes set up before Ireland was admitted to the EU, or after? I'm not sure that being a part of the EU, or not, makes a jot of difference re. 'double Irish' or 'double Irish with a Dutch sandwich' does it?
Are you also suggesting, that after Brexit, the U.K. will clamp down on the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar and all those various Crown Dependencies dotted around the Caribbean? No, of course not. Switzerland whiter-than-white too. Still, must be the EU's fault though....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 26 May 2018, 7:15 pm

Now 7 London area clubs in the EPL. Increasingly Liverpool, London, Manchester and the rest.
Long gone are the days of four or five W.Midlands clubs in the old Division 1.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Sun 27 May 2018, 12:25 am

These things come and go. Looks like Wolves are on the rise again, Villa won’t be too far behind. Coventry have hopefully bottomed out and will start climbing now. West Brom and Birmingham, not so sure but they’ll come again at some point.

Just so long as they don’t sign Karius anyway

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 27 May 2018, 1:16 am

pedro wrote:With what Ulreich showed tonight I think he has a future as Liverpool GK.
I rest my case.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 27 May 2018, 1:46 am

Prekarius

Good game though.
Plus Fulham could well be the best promoted club.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 27 May 2018, 10:48 am

Hopefully the days of having 5 west midland clubs in the prem isn’t to far away.

Very disappointing yesterday.
We weren’t good enough sadly.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Sun 27 May 2018, 9:50 pm

pedro wrote:

Laugh Laugh Laugh aw Pedro, how did I manage to rattle your cage so much? You shouldn't try to be a smart arse, it doesn't suit you. So while we're here, talk to me about human rights in NI. Tell me about who's country they are running.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 28 May 2018, 8:54 am

One for Super to lap up. Click here

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 28 May 2018, 10:08 am

INW

Dont believe the usual BS from Hamilton and Fernando when things don't go there way. If Alonso could have matched Gasly and risen 3 places or if Hamilton had beaten Vettel they wouldn't have been whinging. In fact if Hamilton had won a race without his MGU-K he would be claiming it was the greatest victory ever, and no doubt he wouldn't see that as boring.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 28 May 2018, 11:01 am

I disagree. I found the racing boring. Ricciardo's car had a fault making it 30 kmh slower than Vettel, yet Vettel couldn't overtake? Come on, where's the racing in that?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 28 May 2018, 1:56 pm

Ask vettel where the racing was, max was passing people with a much smaller speed differential  I doubt vettel will admit but he settled for second as he didn't want to risk a pass.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 28 May 2018, 2:59 pm

He couldn't get past because of the nature of the circuit. Ricciardo was probably lapping people so they had to give way. If you read the bit about the drivers not wanting to change their tyres a second time because they would come out behind traffic and no opportunity to pass, it says it all. If you think that the race was anything but a procession, then you are deluding yourself.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 28 May 2018, 6:42 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:One for Super to lap up. Click here

Shame Hamilton didn't concede he's a jerk too. At least he was right about F1 being boring.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 28 May 2018, 6:55 pm

McLaren wrote:INW

Dont believe the usual BS from Hamilton and Fernando when things don't go there way.  If Alonso could have matched Gasly and risen 3 places or if Hamilton had beaten Vettel they wouldn't have been whinging.  In fact if Hamilton had won a race without his MGU-K he would be claiming it was the greatest victory ever, and no doubt he wouldn't see that as boring.
Nah. MC as a 'race' is the worst of a terrible 'spectacle'. It only takes place because rich people live in MC and can rock up in their absurd boats.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 28 May 2018, 7:57 pm

I don't think Hamilton or Vettel need to discuss overtaking (or anything to do with F1) with Verstapen. Rapidly heading for future hero to zero. Monaco looks great but is incredibly dull to watch in terms of racing.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 29 May 2018, 12:23 pm

INW/Navy

Not sure either of you have read my post properly, and I know Navy definitely hasn't because he didn't point out the use of "there" instead of "their".

I was clearly not defending or making any other comment on the quality of the race in Monaco this year or any other. I wouldn't mind one of you pointing out where you think I did.

I thought I made it pretty clear that I was criticizing Hamilton and Alonso for using the lack of racing to detract from their own short comings this weekend. As I said above it is certain that they both would have been blowing their own trumpet about winning a race 200bhp down for as long as the media would talk to them.

And the point about Vettel is a good one, although overtaking was at a minimum it did happen when the speed differential was that big between other cars.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 29 May 2018, 12:37 pm

From a sporting point of view, MC is a farce. A Ferrari couldn't overtake a wheel chair on that track.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Tue 29 May 2018, 12:44 pm

Mac, the point at issue is that it was a boring race. Do you agree with that? Even a F1 racing driver said it was. JOLYON PALMERS VIEW. The fact that drivers weren't trying was not so much down to their ability and attitude on the day, but having to drive a certain way in order not to get into a worse position.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 29 May 2018, 1:10 pm

McLaren wrote:INW/Navy

Not sure either of you have read my post properly, and I know Navy definitely hasn't because he didn't point out the use of "there" instead of "their".

I was clearly not defending or making any other comment on the quality of the race in Monaco this year or any other.  I wouldn't mind one of you pointing out where you think I did.

I thought I made it pretty clear that I was criticizing Hamilton and Alonso for using the lack of racing to detract from their own short comings this weekend.  As I said above it is certain that they both would have been blowing their own trumpet about winning a race 200bhp down for as long as the media would talk to them.

And the point about Vettel is a good one, although overtaking was at a minimum it did happen when the speed differential was that big between other cars.
If I highlighted all the typos you make, it would be boring. It's a cheap shot, doesn't address any point you're making and not worth the bother most of the time.

The race procession was a bore; even more so than normal. In this case, I tend to go with Hamilton/Alonso. Actually, I think Hamilton, for all I don't like him, would have said the same even if he'd been in Ricciardo's position.
As for speed differential (your saying that highlights so much that's wrong with F1; it's a nerd's engineering contest), the idea that if you have that much more straight line speed etc, it's good driving to you get past an opponent is ridiculous. The MC track sucks, bigtime.
If I were to watch F1, I'd want proper competition where the driving skills are paramount. It's so far from that, it's a joke. Until they level the finances and prevent Ferrari getting extra because they're, well, Ferrari, it'll keep getting worse.
Awful. Give me any motorsport except F1.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 29 May 2018, 3:06 pm

Navy

Again, where did I say the race wasn't boring? The point is that using the comments of Hamilton and Alonso to judge this is naive. They are both prone to saying silly things when not winning, and it just so happens that this time their comments vaguely match with reality.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 29 May 2018, 3:18 pm

So Mac, in a nutshell, what you're saying is if Alonso and Hamilton ever say something that is correct, it's just coincidence.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 29 May 2018, 4:47 pm

Perhaps they emulated Raheem Sterling and got matching M16 tatts?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 29 May 2018, 8:25 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Perhaps they emulated Raheem Sterling and got matching M16 tatts?

The strange thing about this story - in my opinion anyway - is the social media reaction

The vast majority of posters pointing out (rightly in my opinion) that the British media (and the Sun in particular) love to find bad stories about the England squad just before major tournaments. I guess it must sell copies but it happens every time and surely must be condemned.

But there are an awful lot of social media posts supporting Sterling saying things like "it's his body it's no one else's business" and supporting him. "I shoot with my right foot" says Sterling Rolling Eyes ... the boy has sh!t for brains obviously. I would ask "what was he thinking" but that's clearly not a relevant statement - he just doesn't think. Stupid boy!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 29 May 2018, 8:49 pm

Quite appropriate that his weapon is aimed directly at his foot . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 29 May 2018, 9:05 pm

Diggers wrote:So Mac, in a nutshell, what you're saying is if Alonso and Hamilton ever say something that is correct, it's just coincidence.
Seems so. Couldn't make it up.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 29 May 2018, 9:08 pm

Re. Sterling's daft tattoo. I can see why he's done it, given his profession and the back story. I wouldn't, but then I don't get the 'look at me' behaviour of so many these days.
As to those having a go at him - haven't you got anything better to do with your time?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 29 May 2018, 10:55 pm

I think Navy summed it up about perfectly. And after a season where as a forward as opposed to a striker he scored a stack of goals and made lots of assists,it seems the main focus is on the goals he didn't score. I don't see anyone having a go at Sane for not getting into as many goal scoring positions.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 May 2018, 7:22 am

navyblueshorts wrote:Re. Sterling's daft tattoo. I can see why he's done it, given his profession and the back story. I wouldn't, but then I don't get the 'look at me' behaviour of so many these days.
As to those having a go at him - haven't you got anything better to do with your time?

Some of the response to his tattoo was hilariously absurd.
He's a footballer, he's not very bright and he's a show off. It's a tasteless, vulgar tattoo which no one would get if they weren't a footballer, but why is it anyone else's business and why is anyone surprised that he got it?

All these people demanding he ought to have it removed, or not allowed to play for England are as bad as the Anti Abortion Brigade in Ireland/NI trying to dictate what people do with their bodies.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 30 May 2018, 7:58 am

Of course he can do what he wants with his body. But I do understand that some people may think it will reflect badly on the England team. But it just reflects the nation so nothing to be ashamed of really.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next