The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+20
George1507
Eyetoldyouso
1GrumpyGolfer
Roller_Coaster
Davie
Diggers
super_realist
I'm never wrong
Be_the_ball
westisbest
NedB-H
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
JAS
pedro
beninho
dynamark
raycastleunited
wiretapper
McLaren
24 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Wed 23 May - 13:29

First topic message reminder :

kwinigolfer wrote:
McLaren wrote:Kwini

I reckon Harry has scored a double eagle.

She's a weird looking bird, more a bogey I'd say.

Kwini, you have very high standards. I seem to remember you thought Lexi was a bit of a minger.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by wiretapper Mon 30 Jul - 10:43

Glasgow is decent. I was born here and lived the majority of my life here (on the outskirts).

It has many, many faults - the weather definitely being one of them - and also many positives including our often overlooked architecture, although unfortunately one of our best, the School of Art, recently met a very untimely end.

We have excellent (and free) museums and art galleries meaning I can see Monet's, Van Gogh's, Renoir's and Pissaro's as well as our own MacIntosh and the Glasgow Boy's any day of the week.

We also have draconian licencing laws but there is an argument we cannot be trusted with anything more excessive.

There are areas of the city I would not go to for all the toffee in the world and others as nice as anything you will find in the country. But that is the case for most cities, no?

People are generally friendly, certainly more so in other bigger cities that I have spent time in.

I lived in Edinburgh for a year in my mid-twenties and don't think it was much different from Glasgow. Architecture wise - Edinburgh Castle aside which is incredibly spectacular - I don't see much difference. Weather wise, Edinburgh is drier but also a bit colder than Glasgow.

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Plunky Mon 30 Jul - 12:51

We flew to Glasgow the weekend of the terrorist attack there.  When we finally arrived at Glasgow airport somewhat later than expected we found the car rental places had all closed up, the one hotel there had no rooms and everything stank of smoke.  Hardly anyone around.  We had no mobile phone back then and were getting seriously concerned when a cab appeared and we met the most friendly, helpful Glaswegian.    He found us a place to stay for the night -- clean comfortable and inexpensive, exactly what we asked for.   Never been back since but remember him well. He's the example we always quote if people claim that the scots are dour, miserable people. Of course, we also met some dour miserable people while we were in Scotland, but you can find them anywhere.

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 30 Jul - 13:02

In general cities are tricky places to live, just too big, especially London where I lived for 20 years. We are 7 miles from Brighton and that’s close enough, nice to pop into but wouldn’t want to live there. 55 mins to London if we want a big show or the museums. I like the Aussie cities, especially Sydney and Perth, again though only to visit.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Mon 30 Jul - 14:01

I agree, I’m a country boy or at best a small townie. Edinburgh and Glasgow are great cities to visit, Glasgow hugely underrated in my opinion. But ask me to move there and I’d be looking for cheap property along the Lothian coast, down into Ayrshire or up towards the Trossachs in no time.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 30 Jul - 17:09

Talking hoods I was is Slough this morning estate called Lismore Park looks pretty pleasant residential area but a haven of crime mainly drug related and the Pakistani man I went to see blames Somalian and Turkish locals - send em home ironic really
Just two miles way is Stoke Park then ,Burnham Beeches,Farnham where a flat is £1 million.8 golf courses in walking distance.Chalk and cheese

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Mon 30 Jul - 17:28

navyblueshorts wrote:
George1507 wrote:Glasgow, Edinburgh, Los Angeles - all great places to live. I have lived in all three and was born in one of them.

Anyone who thinks Glasgow isn't a great city hasn't been to Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol, Sheffield or Leeds.
Headscratch And what's wrong with Bristol (Knowle-West, excepted!), may I ask?

Nothing wrong with any of those places, they are nice places to visit and I imagine to live, although I haven't resided in any of them. What I meant was Glasgow is at least as nice as any of them, and greener than some of them. The Glasgow architecture is spectacular, and (as an example of a Victorian style city), unsurpassed in Britain. Edinburgh is prettier for sure, but Weegies are an extraordinary bunch.

The comment about the climate difference between Edinburgh and Glasgow is correct. It's much drier in Edinburgh, and a bit cooler too. For two places 44 miles apart it's very noticeable.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 30 Jul - 18:34

I enjoyed my time in Glasgow for the Commonwealths. I’ve no doubt it has fine architecture, but it doesn’t gel collectively to make an appealing cityscape, not for me anyway. I felt pretty claustrophobic in the centre and didn’t feel the river added drama the way rivers often do. Nice folk though.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 30 Jul - 19:03

I've pretty much liked everywhere I've lived, London, a couple of years in Birmingham; though hated Dallas and didn't much care for the part of Silicon Valley I had a flat in.

Lived for 20 years in shotrockville, an economically depressed town in Central New York, but great community, food, golf.
And 20 years here which always seems to make "Best of" places to live, but which I don't care for so much.

Only difference between these two towns is one thinks everyone thinks it's crap, and here everyone thinks it's great, and that self-image projects outwards. Only good thing about this place as far as I'm concerned is that it's less than two hours drive to Montreal, which is a great city!
Anyway, thought the outsider's perception of Glasgow & Edinburgh was interesting.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 30 Jul - 20:29

Diggers, I see your boys have signed our best player! Clearly trying to weaken your rivals!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 30 Jul - 20:50

Well he certainly did OK for you boys last year, only 23, quite frankly I don’t really have a clue about any of the guys we’ve signed but some new blood has to be a good thing.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 31 Jul - 7:59

He is a great little player at this level, could definitely play at championship level. He had a couple of good years with us after he was released by watford. 350k is nothing compared to premier league fees, but its a good amount for a club our size and a sell on fee if he does well.

Good move for the player, swapping the bottom end of the league for the top end.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 31 Jul - 22:13

Edinburgh feels more like a large town than a proper city. It's a great place to live but it doesn't have the same diversity you get from being in a large city.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 1 Aug - 8:52

Mac, come back when you've lived in another city for any length and then make that statement, by your own admission, you've spent your whole life here (apart from that ruse when you tried to tell us you'd "lived abroad" but wouldn't provide any more details)

You really are the greenest, most naïve person on this board. You've only ever lived in Edinburgh, what would you know about the "diversity you get in other cities". Edinburgh is a massively diverse city, in what way is it not?

I work with English, American, Canadian, Spanish, Australian, Nigerian, Mexican, Italian, Algerian, French, Spanish, Norwegian in my Edinburgh office. I don't imagine you get much diversity in your dead end job, but that doesn't mean Edinburgh isn't diverse, it clearly is, and not just in terms of how cosmopolitan it is, in regards to all levels of education (you clearly represent the lack of education element) and social class.

I agree it's a small city, but it doesn't make it a town, It's got half a million people in it Mac. Some town.

You want to try living in Dundee if you want to realise what a lack of diversity is.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 1 Aug - 9:10

I love a lack of Diversity.

In fact, I love anywhere that doesn't have any reality show winning dance acts.

drumroll

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 1 Aug - 10:55

Super 

I have offered many times to pm you more personal details about my life but you have said you don't accept pm's, then so be it, but don't continue to whinge.

In larger cities you often get whole neighbourhoods where one group of immigrants have established a community  For example a China town or whatever. In larger cities I have lived in exploring these areas, especially the cuisine, has been one of the most enjoyable aspects of living there. So of course there is some diversity in Edinburgh but not on the scale you get in other cities around the world. 

And if it helps I have only lived in Edinburgh for around just under half my life.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 1 Aug - 15:54

Mac, why are you so timid and immature that you can't just reveal what countries you have lived in without the need for a PM? You're too scared to tell anyone what you do for a living too.

You're welcome to PM me if you like, but I'm under no impulse to believe anything you say, as so much of what you write already casts doubt upon the things you claim. I also don't believe you'd tell me for fear I'd reveal your "secret" on here.

My point was that you haven't lived anywhere under your own steam, so you'd most likely have been too young to have even cared about diversity within the population.

Why would having communities of people in pockets be a good thing? Surely integration is a much more acceptable and inclusive thing for any city? Why, for example would you want to walk around the Jewish corner of Manchester, or the Muslim area of Glasgow? What possible positive is there in people staying within their own groups?

As for "cuisine" if you can't find a large enough diversity in Edinburgh, then you simply haven't looked hard enough. There's every type, just as you get in larger cities.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 1 Aug - 18:58

"You dont tell us anything"
"I will tell you what you want to hear"
"I won't believe what you say anyway"

Honestly, the sexual tension between those two is out of control. Just hook up in a classy Edinburgh hotel and get it out your system. Do you both a deal of good im sure.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 1 Aug - 21:04

beninho wrote:"You dont tell us anything"

Honestly, the sexual tension between those two is out of control. Just hook up in a classy Edinburgh hotel and get it out your system. Do you both a deal of good im sure.
I wonder if they will “light the candle”...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 2 Aug - 9:03

beninho wrote:"You dont tell us anything"

Laugh
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 2 Aug - 11:51

Why don’t you simply list all the cities you’ve been to Mac whether living or just visiting? For me it would be
Glasgow
Edinburgh
Dundee
Aberdeen
Leeds
Manchester
Liverpool
Birmingham
Bristol
Exeter
Plymouth
Cardiff
Swansea
London
Dublin
Copenhagen
Malmo
Amsterdam
Paris
Lisbon
Seville
Granada
Dubai
Miami
New York
Toronto
Vancouver
Las Vegas
San Francisco
Los Angeles
San Diego
Puerto Vallarta
Honolulu

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 2 Aug - 12:37

It’d be:

Edinburgh
Torremolinos

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 2 Aug - 12:55

Bloody hell this will be hard. OK here's what I can remember. And I have tried to only include bigger ones as there are loads of large towns/cities in the UK. 

Edinburgh 
Glasgow 
Dundee 
Newcastle
Manchester 
Plymouth 
Sheffield 
London 
Paris 
Lille 
Nice
Marseille
Monaco 
Milan
Rome 
Colonge 
Hamburg 
Copenhagen 
Stockholm 
Malmö 
Brussels
Liege 
Amsterdam 
Utrect
Eindhoven 
Barcelona 
Madrid 
Granada 
Lisbon 
New York 
Chicago 
San Francisco 
Dallas 
Oakland 
San Jose 
Boston 
Bridgetown 
Sydney 
Brisbane 
Melbourne 
Auckland 
Singapore
Reykjavik 
Dubai
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Aug - 13:46

Which of those have you lived in Mac?, and by lived, I mean as an adult where you were employed there, not when you were with your parents because of their jobs and also not in a seasonal capacity like Camp America or something like that.
I would imagine the answer is NIL.

Being a "tourist" in those cities gives you no indication of how "diverse" you think they are, not like you are entering the Liege equivalent of Pilton are you?
I might have been to London about 50 times, but I still don't know 10% of it. How well can you claim to know the diversity of a city you've only been to once? You even admit to not knowing much of Edinburgh given that you've only lived south of the University.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 2 Aug - 14:38

JAS and mac good lists.
Some of those places I’d love to go to, but sadly doubt I’d be able to make them anytime soon.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 2 Aug - 14:41

Super 

Do you struggle to follow threads? I was responding to jas's post.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Aug - 15:57

I know you were responding to JAS, my point is that casually visiting some places around the world doesn't give you much insight to how "diverse" they are.  JAS was making the point that if you think you know so much about world cities, then list the ones you have "lived in" or visited.  It seems it's you who isn't grasping the concept. Your list does nothing to suggest you know anything about them.

As a tourist, you probably see about 1% of any city and as usual, you are seeing every city you have visited through a very one eyed position. Maybe construct a DOAK list for cities in terms of diversity. In fact, maybe try and explain why a city being diverse makes it better.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 2 Aug - 17:06

Laugh picard This is truly laughable now...

<<list random collection of well-known cities as if that proves one has either been there or lived there>>

<<have an argument about what other people post>>
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 2 Aug - 17:06

Mine's bigger than all of yours, by the way.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 2 Aug - 17:18

Jas asked me to list cities I've been to and I didn't see the harm in responding. I don't know what his follow up will be. 

Apparently several people have been triggered by this.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Aug - 17:41

I'm I the only one who couldn't care less where maclaren has lived, worked, taken a crap. Its a very dull subject.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 2 Aug - 18:47

Mac's list gives new meaning to Busman's Holiday.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 2 Aug - 21:32

beninho wrote:I'm I the only one who couldn't care less where maclaren has lived, worked, taken a crap. Its a very dull subject.
I barely care so I don't see why anyone else should.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 2 Aug - 21:34

kwinigolfer wrote:Mac's list gives new meaning to Busman's Holiday.
Call me boring but Edinburgh has the best buses. No matter where you travel..
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 2 Aug - 23:11

McLaren wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:Mac's list gives new meaning to Busman's Holiday.
Call me boring but Edinburgh has the best buses. No matter where you travel..
How long did it take to drive to Melbourne?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 3 Aug - 7:58

To be fair that’s a bigger list than I suspected it would be Mac, Super also makes a good point that if you live and work in a city that makes a big difference from being a tourist. I’ve only lived & worked in a fraction of my list (London, Bristol, Exeter, Swansea, Edinburgh, Dublin, Malmo) and to be fair Edinburgh more than holds its own as a very pleasant city to live and work.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 3 Aug - 7:59

McLaren wrote:Jas asked me to list cities I've been to and I didn't see the harm in responding. I don't know what his follow up will be. 

How on earth did you get a Masters Mac with comprehension so poor? JAS was asking as you REFUSED to answer a question on where you lived AND prior to this had made a claim on Edinburgh lacking diversity, thus implying that you had in depth knowledge of other cities. From what we can see, you've simply visited other cities,just like the rest of us and therefore aren't qualified to make absolute claims on diversity.

I have however asked you why you think diversity is so important, and what makes a city diverse and predictably you have refused to answer that too. I suspect you're probably virtue signalling as usual, but can almost guarantee that if you visited Nairobi or Lagos that you wouldn't claim there isn't enough white people there.

The lack of a particular minority, or any minority doesn't affect the quality of a city. For example, Reykjavik isn't particularly diverse, nor is Split, or Oslo (other than the beggars on the street), but it doesn't mean they aren't absolutely fantastic places and my experience of them isn't diminished for the fact there isn't noticeable China Towns or Nepalese restaurants in them.

Why are you so obsessed with a perfect demographic distribution? Why can't you just accept a place for what it is, rather than try and say it is worth less because it doesn't represent the distribution of ethnic minorities YOU would like to see in your warped almost communist utopia?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 3 Aug - 8:59

Ain’t it amazing how the alleged Labour anti Semitism row which was hogging the news headlines has suddenly been buried? The normal right wing Corbyn bashing suddenly gone quiet...why??? Could it be because JRM, BoJo and Gove have had meetings with that well known and balanced individual Steve Bannon who has never made any anti Semitic comments ever. Which therefore makes it extremely difficult for the BBC to offer “balanced” Corbyn bashing without making his opponents look even worse.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 3 Aug - 9:16

JAS wrote:Ain’t it amazing how the alleged Labour anti Semitism row which was hogging the news headlines has suddenly been buried? The normal right wing Corbyn bashing suddenly gone quiet...why??? Could it be because JRM, BoJo and Gove have had meetings with that well known and balanced individual Steve Bannon who has never made any anti Semitic comments ever. Which therefore makes it extremely difficult for the BBC to offer “balanced” Corbyn bashing without making his opponents look even worse.
Laugh You couldn't make this up. People have been happily accusing the BBC of blatant left-wing bias, and now people accusing them of blatant right-wing bias. I guess if they're being attacked from both wings of the political spectrum, they must be doing it right.

Corbyn is (IMO) a nasty piece of work, but that's not to say I think the Tory pigs you mention are any better. This country is going down the pan faster and faster each day.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 3 Aug - 9:24

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Jas asked me to list cities I've been to and I didn't see the harm in responding. I don't know what his follow up will be. 

How on earth did you get a Masters Mac with comprehension so poor? JAS was asking as you REFUSED to answer a question on where you lived AND prior to this had made a claim on Edinburgh lacking diversity, thus implying that you had in depth knowledge of other cities. From what we can see, you've simply visited other cities,just like the rest of us and therefore aren't qualified to make absolute claims on diversity.

I have however asked you why you think diversity is so important, and what makes a city diverse and predictably you have refused to answer that too. I suspect you're probably virtue signalling as usual, but can almost guarantee that if you visited Nairobi or Lagos that you wouldn't claim there isn't enough white people there.

The lack of a particular minority, or any minority doesn't affect the quality of a city. For example, Reykjavik isn't particularly diverse, nor is Split, or Oslo (other than the beggars on the street), but it doesn't mean they aren't absolutely fantastic places and my experience of them isn't diminished for the fact there isn't noticeable China Towns or Nepalese restaurants in them.

Why are you so obsessed with a perfect demographic distribution? Why can't you just accept a place for what it is, rather than try and say it is worth less because it doesn't represent the distribution of ethnic minorities YOU would like to see in your warped almost communist utopia?

Why cant you accept that he has different views to you on what he likes and what he doesn't? Why do you keep questioning him on every chuffing thing. You seem mildly obsessed.

Why dont you both just concede you have differing opinions, on many things, and you don't want to agree on anything or give personal information on an open forum. Thats fine.

Guys, move on, you both claim to be adults, stop acting like kids.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 3 Aug - 9:27

There is an element of what some would perceive as left wing bias in the BBC (which I can’t stand either). But in no way (given the amount of Corbyn bashing they do) could they be overall cast as left of centre.  That being said when they cover up a lot of the utter feck ups this shower have been responsible for I think they do it more out of fear (of losing funding) than any in built right wing bias.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 3 Aug - 10:09

JAS wrote:There is an element of what some would perceive as left wing bias in the BBC (which I can’t stand either). But in no way (given the amount of Corbyn bashing they do) could they be overall cast as left of centre.  That being said when they cover up a lot of the utter feck ups this shower have been responsible for I think they do it more out of fear (of losing funding) than any in built right wing bias.
I guess people see what they want to see, and read into BBC reporting what they want to read. It seems that if they say something that a watcher/reader disagrees with, that's therefore 'bias'. Pretty funny. Watch/read some other media source.
They may well fear funding loss if they trash the incumbent Government's people; understandable given the way they've been treated by politicians in the recent past. Hopefully, that's not the case though.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 3 Aug - 10:16

Leftist anti-semitism is not only a UK trait. Throughout Europe many left wingers, especially the belittled ones, hold anti-semitic views. It probably stems from being anti-Israeli, but apparently these people can't (won't) distinguish. Rather unfortunate, when the blind eye is turned towards the problems caused by muslim minorities, including holding the hand over the obvious anti-semitism practised here.

Funny how some people on here laugh it off, when they keep on having a go at others for being critical towards other minorities.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 3 Aug - 10:33

I thought pretty much most of it stemmed from having a (dim) view of Israeli occupation in the Middle East. Disagreeing with Israel’s actions doesn’t make one anti Semitic. Just the same as disagreeing with Saudis actions in Yemen doesn’t make one Islamaphobic.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Fri 3 Aug - 10:35

I’m left-leaning but I’ve always laughed off the idea that the BBC has any right-wing bias. They’ve had the the odd right-leaning show, old Top Gear for one, but the editorial tone of their serious stuff has always seemed slightly left of centre to me. Striking a good balanace as ITV is probably the equivalent to the right, with Channel 4 and Sky more noticeably left and right respectively.
It does feel like the BBC has changed in the last six months or so though. I agree that it might just be fear of funding loss, it’s not so much that their reporting feels biased, more that they seem scared to question right wing opinions. They had some mate of Tommy Robinson’s on Radio 4 the other day defending him after he won his appeal; even the Sun is writing Robinson off as the racist scumbag he is.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 3 Aug - 11:32

I just think the whole Labour/anti semitism thing has been blown ridiculously out of proportion.
Meanwhile buried in the lower reaches of the Beeb headlines is the news that after making bumper profits, Amazon have once again used their corporate tax accountants to give the rest of us UK taxpayers the 2 fingered salute.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 3 Aug - 12:15

Andrew Neil is probably the most blatant right winger on the BBC. He is an open climate change denier, pro brexit, works on spectator and formally edited a right wing newspaper. And isn't he entangled with sky and Murdoch somehow.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 3 Aug - 12:27

I’m not so sure Mac, yes he’s right leaning but I wouldn’t say blatant, I think I remember him tearing some Tory buffoon a new one over something earlier this year.

Also, fed up making this point...being pro Brexit doesn’t necessarily mean right wing bias.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Fri 3 Aug - 13:43

No question there’s anti-Semitic people who are Labour members. But I also don’t think for a moment Corbyn is an antisemite himself. If the party hasn’t been tough enough on the problem, it’s probably because members pay money and make the party look bigger, and they don’t want to have to kick anyone out unless they have to. The Tories have a mirror image problem with Islamophobic members. Of course it doesn’t reflect actual party policy, but they won’t go actively hunting out Islamophobes unless they draw attention to themselves, because they want the membership figures.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 3 Aug - 14:47

Andrew Neil's simply a nob who thinks he's something special.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 3 Aug - 17:01

NedB-H wrote:I’m left-leaning but I’ve always laughed off the idea that the BBC has any right-wing bias. They’ve had the the odd right-leaning show, old Top Gear for one, but the editorial tone of their serious stuff has always seemed slightly left of centre to me. Striking a good balanace as ITV is probably the equivalent to the right, with Channel 4 and Sky more noticeably left and right respectively.
It does feel like the BBC has changed in the last six months or so though. I agree that it might just be fear of funding loss, it’s not so much that their reporting feels biased, more that they seem scared to question right wing opinions. They had some mate of Tommy Robinson’s on Radio 4 the other day defending him after he won his appeal; even the Sun is writing Robinson off as the racist scumbag he is.

I agree in general, Laura Kuenssberg definitely makes them politically more right leaning, fairly obvious where she nails her colours. In general I’d say they were fairly neutral though, certainly (quite rightly) always had a sneering contempt for UKIP. Whether you’d say UKIP is actually left or right leaning is I guess open to debate, based on their policy rather then personnel anyway.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next