The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Tigers 18-19

+37
lostinwales
RDW
Maine man
Brendan
carpet baboon
propdavid_london
TJ
Cyril
eirebilly
Exiledinborders
Sgt_Pooly
BigGee
nathan
George Carlin
Rugby Fan
TightHEAD
TrailApe
mikey_dragon
TheMildlyFranticLlama
No 7&1/2
Artful_Dodger
Margin_Walker
Heaf
XR
Geordie
Gooseberry
St John The Enforcer
kingelderfield
king_carlos
Welly
funnyExiledScot
doctor_grey
yappysnap
WELL-PAST-IT
formerly known as Sam
HongKongCherry
LondonTiger
41 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Leicester Tigers 18-19 - Page 8 Empty Leicester Tigers 18-19

Post by LondonTiger Wed 11 Jul 2018, 11:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Fixtures

Pre-Season

Saturday 11th August - Cardiff Blues (a)
Friday 17th August - Benetton Treviso (a)
Friday 24th August - London Irish (h)

Gallagher Premiership

SEPTEMBER
Saturday 1st 16:30 Exeter Chiefs (a)
Saturday 8th 15:00 Newcastle Falcons (h)
Sunday 16th 15:00 Wasps (a)
Sunday 23rd 15:00 Worcester Warriors (h)
Sunday 30th 15:00 Sale Sharks (h)

OCTOBER

Saturday 6th 15:00 Northampton Saints (a - Twickenham)

NOVEMBER

Friday 16th 19:45 Gloucester (a)
Sunday 25th 15:00 Saracens (h)
Friday 30th 19:45 Bristol (a)

DECEMBER
21/22/23 Harlequins (H)
28/29/30 Bath (A)

JANUARY
4/5/6 Gloucester (H)

FEBRUARY
15/16/17 Saracens (A)
22/23/24 Worcester Warriors (A)

MARCH
1/2/3 Wasps (H)
8/9/10 Sale Sharks (A)
22/23/24 Northampton Saints (H)

APRIL
5/6/7 Exeter Chiefs (H)
12/13/14 Newcastle Falcons (A)
26/27/28 Bristol (H)

MAY
3/4/5 Harlequins (A)
18 Bath (H)
24/25 Semi

JUNE
1st Final

European Champions Cup
12/13/14 October - Round 1
19/20/21 October - Round 2
7/8/9 December - Round 3
14/15/16 December - Round 4
11/12/13 January - Round 5
18/19/20 January - Round 6
29/30/31 March - 1/4 Finals
19/20/21 April - Semis
11th May - Final

Premiership Rugby Cup

Saturday October 27th 15:00 Saracens (a)
Saturday November 3rd 15:00 Worcester Warriors(h)
Friday November 19th 19:45 Sale Sharks
January 25/26/27 Northampton (a)
February 9th Semi-finals
March 16th Final

Squad and Coaching Team:

Head Coach: Matt O'Connor
Forwards Coach: Mark Bakewell
Assistant Coach: Geordan Murphy
Scrum Coach: Boris Stankovich
Senior Development coach: Brett Deacon
Team Manager: Teresa Carrington
Head of Rugby Operations: Ged Glyn

First Team Squad:
(as on Tigers website)

Props: Greg Bateman, Dan Cole, Gaston Cortes, Ellis Genge, Facundo Gigena, Owen Hills
Hookers: Jake Kerr, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Jimmmy Stevens, Tom Youngs
Second Row: Mike Fitzgerald, Graham Kitchener, Will Spencer, James Voss, Harry Wells
Back Row: Dave Denton, Will Evans, Sione Kalamafoni, Valention Mapapalangi, Brendon O'Connor, Guy Thompson, Fred Tuilagi, Mike Williams

Half Backs: Joe Ford, George Ford, Sam Harrison, Matt Toomua, Ben Youngs
Outside Backs: Jonah Holmes, Jonny May, Gareth Owen, Matt Smith, Matthew Tait, Charlie Thacker, Adam Thompstone, Manu Tuilagi, Telusa Veainu, George Worth

Development Squad:

Forwards: Taylor Gough, Sam Grahamslaw, Joe Heyes, Cameron Jordan, Henri Lavin, Sam Lewis, Keston Lines, Harry Mahoney, Tommy Reffell, Thom Smith
Backs: Sam Aspland-Robinson, Tom Hardwicke, Jordan Olowefela, Harry Simmons, Ben White

Last edited by LondonTiger on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 7:27 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Gallagher Cup fixtures included)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Leicester Tigers 18-19 - Page 8 Empty Re: Leicester Tigers 18-19

Post by king_carlos Fri 11 Jan 2019, 2:54 pm

I'm happy with that side. This will be the first we've seen of Tino in a fair while.

Interested to see how Tom Price goes as well.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 11 Jan 2019, 3:07 pm

Tom Price played at Welford Road and to be honest may wish he hadn't. Wasn't the kind of performance that made me think we should be looking to bring him back.

Tino needs a big game or there's every chance he won't be here next season. Really hasn't kicked on, particularly in defence.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 12 Jan 2019, 5:59 pm

So glad we do not have to listen to these commentators week in week out

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 12 Jan 2019, 6:02 pm

They are shockingly one sided and uninformed.

Mapaplangi is so far out of his depth. This may well be his last appearance outside of the prem cup and A league. Has to make that tackle as the second man around the edge of the ruck.

Young Heyes is doing very well on the tighthead. I think I'm right in saying the Scarlets loosehead is an international and he's getting no joy at all at scrum time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 14 Jan 2019, 9:00 am

What did we learn from the weekend?

Kerr and Heyes are players it is worth investing time in.
Kitch can look like his old self, but intermittently and probably needs a change in scenery.
Mapapalangi just is not good enough
We should do everything we can to keep Evans
White is better of the bench atm, and needs time to develop. He needs to start barking at the pack.
Eastmond has the defensive skills of a catatonic pensioner.
Owen is not good enough.
We need Hardwicke available as Joe Ford is not good enough.

It was a weird game. There was no lack of effort but there were far too many missed tackles (almost 40 I believe) and poor skill execution in their 22.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 14 Jan 2019, 9:33 am

Agree with that. There needs to be a clear out in the summer and I'd add Williams to that list. His yellow card was deserved and seems symptomatic of how he's been playing this season. So many brain farts and so little impact ball in hand.

Heyes should be handed a 5 year contract. Need to keep him.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 14 Jan 2019, 9:53 am

Williams has been a weird one recently. When he is good he is very good, but when when he is not he is a liability. Sadly both can happen in the same game. I would only keep him if he is viewed as a mobile lock.

Players I want kept for next season:

Genge, Bateman, Kerr, Cole, Heyes, Spencer, Wells, Evans, Thompson, Kalamafoni, Lenny, White, (Simmons based on last year - what is his injury?), G Ford, Hardwicke, Manu, Olowefela, Holmes, May, Veainu, Worth

Players I am happy to keep, but not distraught if they go:

Feao, TPN, Stevens, Kitch, Williams, Denton, BOC, Harrison, Thompstone (due to loss of pace)

Players I like but perhaps should retire:

OTY, Smithy, Tait

Players I feel should be released:

Ma'afu, Gigena, Cortes, McMillan, Fitz, Mapapalangi, Fred Tuilagi, J Ford, Thacker, Eastmond, Owen, 

With Green and all three du Preez boys perhaps coming we could then round out the squad with largely academy boys.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 14 Jan 2019, 10:15 am

I'd add Williams to the be released list. Can't imagine he's cheap and as you say he's to hit and miss. He's been stepped so many times this season it's shocking for a blindside.

I agree with you we need to build the squad around the academy talent and then add quality via signings. The big ticket signings need to be up front. Need to get out physical edge back first. Watching the Irish teams at the weekends highlights how far off the pace we are.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 14 Jan 2019, 10:19 am

Yeah, I would like a really strong spine to the pack with quality at hooker, second row and Number 8.

Not sure TPN is the man for hooker, and while I love Kalamfoni's work rate and would keep him it would be really nice to have a beast there.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 14 Jan 2019, 11:18 am

Depending on what we can acquire in the summer I'd consider moving Kalamafoni to lock.

TPN for one more year then look to Kerr

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 14 Jan 2019, 3:42 pm

It sounds like the du Preez brothers are all going to Sale from what I've heard. Attwood is going there as well by the sounds of things. Diamond might come across as an **** but his players seem to like playing for him. Add in the big increase in budget with Sale going up to the cap for next season and they should have quite a squad next season. Getting Faf and Tom Curry to sign very long contracts was a huge step for them.

Strongest Tigers rumours I've heard are Green, Reid and Taute.

I really can't figure a guess on the Evans rumours. There seems a few Tigers fans who are convinced he's signed with Quins, but then very little reaction at all has come from the Quins side. That could be that Quins fans are more concerned about the Clifford out rumour than Evans coming in.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 14 Jan 2019, 4:29 pm

Reid and Taute will be good options in the squad and will at an economically responsible rate replace Toomua and Owen. Freeing up cash to spend in the pack.

Green runs the lineout well and is abrasive. Decent player to add to our pack. Like for like in wages compared to Fitz and Kitch who are both rumoured off. On current form an improvement on both.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 14 Jan 2019, 4:43 pm

Agreed there Sam.

TPN is one I'm torn on. Cracking player but he's been inconsistent for Tigers, particularly when starting and will miss a significant chunk of next season. Problem is that most the replacements I'd want to spend his cap on are now signed up. LCD (re-signed with Chiefs), Taylor (re-signed with Wasps) and Singleton (apparently done deal to Sarries) would all have been great signings for his wage.

If Worcester go down then Taufete'e would be a hell of a coup. He's in contract next season but with a growing reputation may well have a release clause.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 14 Jan 2019, 7:08 pm

I rate Kerr very highly. At 22 he is looking a handy player. Some areas need working on but he's solid in the scrum and good at the lineout (makes a change for a Tigers hooker). Good work rate in defence. OTY and TPN for another year whilst he develops is fine by me. Got the dependably average Stevens in the squad as well. If OTY or TPN left I wouldn't be opposed to keeping McMillan in the short term as he seems a strong scrummager and reliable everywhere else. Would give us a year to track down someone to rotate with Kerr with OTY the mentor and third choice.

Lock and backrow is the big must for me. We are desperately short on horrible, mobile units. Last summer we recruited fairly well but the summer before was not so good. If locks are proving hard to come by then move Kalamafoni to Spencer's back up (he's covered lock before) and then we've got Green and Wells to partner them. Voss back from loan. With Fitz, Williams and Kitch moving on (potentially) that leaves us with some serious funds to improve the backrow. Even more so if BOC leaves as well.

Retaining Evans and Reffell is very important and I'd happily see both tied down to long term contracts. Offer them five years along with Heyes, Genge and Kerr. That's a core to build around and is a statement of intent.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 15 Jan 2019, 12:05 pm

Jonah Holmes named in Wales 6 Nations squad

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 15 Jan 2019, 8:27 pm

Unsurprised, with Halfpenny not available Holmes offers some extra experience in the back three and plenty of pace.

No Eastmond, TV , Thompstone, Smith, Tait, Hardwick, TPN, OTY, Spencer, Denton or Thompson for the Ulster game.

Something like;

1. Genge
2. Kerr
3. Cole
4. Kitchener
5. Wells
6. BOC
7. Evans
8. Kalamafoni
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Owolofela
12. Toomua
13. Manu
14. May
15. Holmes

Subs- McMillan, Bateman, Heyes, Fitzgerald, Williams, White, Worth, Aspland-Robinson.

Though I guess we'll probably start one of Williams or Fitz at 6 and have Joe Ford on the bench. Sadly.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 16 Jan 2019, 7:33 am

Sounding increasingly like Calum Green is a done deal.

You've got yourself a good one there. Im pretty disappointed. Especially with Will Witty going to Exeter aswell.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 16 Jan 2019, 10:24 am

Be good to get Green back but it's the tip of the iceberg. There needs to be quite a few more forwards coming in to replace those that'll be going out. Hopefully all physical and aggressive. Currently it's all too often the front row and academy players up front getting the good reviews and the experienced players in the back five not showing up.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 16 Jan 2019, 10:25 am

Jake Kerr also gets a first international call up. Pleased for the lad but it certainly doesn't help our hooker availability.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 16 Jan 2019, 3:48 pm

Kerr being in the training squad is no surprise and well deserved. Ford being overlooked is a surprise though with Fraser Brown and George Turner.

Out of Kerr, Cherry and Fenton I reckon Kerr will probably make the 23. Great for the youngster but a tough break for Tigers.

Stevens is just back to fitness and McMillan is available. Is Mahoney still out?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Maine man Wed 16 Jan 2019, 4:53 pm

Afternoon Leicester fans, ulster fan in peace. I'm going to the game on Saturday, just wondering what sort of team do you think Leicester will field?

Maine man

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 16 Jan 2019, 4:59 pm

Avoiding embarrassing home performances is the best way to avoid more anger from the fans so probably close to full strength minus the injuries, Maine.

1.Genge 2.Kerr 3.Cole 4.Fitzgerald 5.Kitchener 6.Williams 7.Evans 8.Kalamafoni
9.Youngs 10.Ford 11.Olowofela 12.Toomua 13.Manu 14.May 15.Holmes

16.Stevens/McMillan 17.Bateman 18.Heyes 19.Wells 20.O'Connor 21.White 22.J Ford 23.Worth

Most notable injuries: Tom Youngs, Polota-Nau, Spencer, Denton, Thompson, Eastmond, Thompstone, Veainu

All those would be in or around the 23 when fit.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Maine man Wed 16 Jan 2019, 5:57 pm

Thought you might put out a strong team as its a home fixture. Hopefully ulster have a fit fly half as I've heard burns and mcphillips are doubts. It's my 4 visit to Welford Road and its its always been a great day out.

Maine man

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 17 Jan 2019, 12:01 pm

Well I hope you enjoy the game and the visit to the city in every way except the result.

If you want any pointers on particular places to visit let us know I'm sure we can direct you.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 18 Jan 2019, 12:10 pm

Ben Youngs will move into the top three appearance-makers in Leicester Tigers’ European Cup history after being named in the team to face Ulster Rugby at Welford Road on Saturday.
Scrum-half Youngs will make his 68th appearance in Europe’s elite club competition, moving level with Louis Deacon on the club’s list, behind only Martin Corry (69) and Geordan Murphy (74).
Jonny May, Manu Tuilagi, George Ford and Dan Cole, who have all been named in the England squad this week for the start of the Six Nations Championship, return to the starting line-up after missing the defeat to the Scarlets last weekend.
Jake Kerr, called up by Scotland for the first time this week, and Jonah Holmes, who will join up with the Wales squad for the Six Nations, are also included in the starting line-up.
Sam Aspland-Robinson is included among the replacements and is set to make his first senior appearance at Welford Road since his summer move from Harlequins after making his debut against the Scarlets in Round 5.
Tigers head coach Geordan Murphy said: “We’ve got a few bodies back this week and we’re looking forward to getting back out in front of our home crowd at Welford Road.”
Tickets for Saturday’s match are available now. Book in person at Welford Road, phone 0116 319 8888 (option 2) or book online at www.leicestertigers.com
The Champions Cup Pool 4 fixture will be followed at 6.00pm by the Premiership Rugby Under-18 Academy League game between Leicester Tigers and Yorkshire Carnegie.

Leicester Tigers (v Ulster Rugby, Welford Road, Saturday 3.15pm)
15 Jonah Holmes       
14 Jonny May
13 Manu Tuilagi         
12 Matt Toomua        
11 Jordan Olowofela
10 George Ford (c)    
9 Ben Youngs
1 Greg Bateman
2 Jake Kerr
3 Dan Cole     
4 Mike Fitzgerald
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Brendon O’Connor
8 Sione Kalamafoni   

Replacements
16 Ross McMillan
17 Facundo Gigena   
18 Joe Heyes
19 Harry Wells
20 Will Evans
21 Ben White
22 Joe Ford
23 Sam Aspland-Robinson

Ulster Rugby: 15 Louis Ludik, 14 Robert Baloucoune, 13 Will Addison, 12 Stuart McCloskey, 11 Jacob Stockdale, 10 Billy Burns, 9 David Shanahan; 1 Eric O'Sullivan, 2 Rory Best (c), 3 Marty Moore, 4 Iain Henderson, 5 Kieran Treadwell, 6 Sean Reidy, 7 Jordi Murphy, 8 Marcell Coetzee

Replacements: 16 Rob Herring, 17 Andy Warwick, 18 Ross Kane, 19 Alan O'Connor, 20 Nick Timoney, 21 John Cooney, 22 Michael Lowry, 23 Darren Cave

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 18 Jan 2019, 12:27 pm

Our pack looks very meh. Where's Gengey? Huge loss not having him there against a team like Ulster. I can see us getting mugged off at the breakdown again. I really wouldn't be bothered if numbers 4-8 all left at the end of the season. Evans should add some impetus from the bench at least.

As Fe'ao can play both sides if have preferred him to Gigena who I've just not seen do much.

Backline as expected with the very real danger of seeing the thoroughly out of his depth Joe Ford given another chance to waste a pacey back three. Worth must have a knock.

I expect Ulster to dominate possession and just grind us down before ripping us apart as the Scarlets did last week. No breakdown parity will mean to ball to work with.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 18 Jan 2019, 12:32 pm

Genge not p[laying is a worry as I have to wonder if he has a knock.

With Hardwick, Harrison (who is a better 10 than Joe), Worth, Eastmond, Smith, Tait, Thompstone & Veainu all unavailable it is a case of last man standing having Ford on the bench. Personally I would rather have had an extra forward - if we had any decent ones fit.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 18 Jan 2019, 2:17 pm

Genge apparently picked up a knock in training earlier in the week. Presume his omission is precautionary.

I'd agree with the additional forward but as you say so few have shown up this season and barely any of the good ones are fit.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 25 Jan 2019, 12:06 pm

Leicester Tigers

15 Jordan Olowofela
14 Leonardo Sarto
13 Sam Aspland-Robinson
12 Tom Hardwick
11 Tom Varndell
10 Joe Ford
9 Ben White
1 Facundo Gigena
2 Ross McMillan
3 Joe Heyes
4 Sam Lewis
5 Harry Wells (c)
6 Tommy Reffell
7 Will Evans
8 Fred Tuilagi

Replacements

16 Harry Mahohey
17 Campese Ma’afu
18 David Feao
19 Cameron Jordan
20 Taylor Gough
21 Jonny Law
22 Curtis Wilson
23 Freddie Steward

Loan signing Curtis Wilson comes into the bench, he's a speedy winger with good try scoring rate in the Championship. Two opensides in the backrow and another on the bench should mean we are a menace at the breakdown. Our lack of centres still causing problems, I thought we could have at least stretched to using Gareth Owen then again he's probably injured again.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 25 Jan 2019, 12:14 pm

Saints:
15 George Furbank
14 Ken Pisi
13 Nafi Tuitavake
12 Rory Hutchinson
11 Tom Collins
10 James Grayson
9 Cobus Reinach

1 Francois van Wyk
2 James Fish
3 Ben Franks
4 Api Ratuniyarawa
5 Dom Barrow
6 Jamie Gibson
7 Heinrich Brüssow
8 Teimana Harrison (c)

Replacements:
16 Reece Marshall
17 Will Davis
18 Ehren Painter
19 Alex Moon
20 James Haskell
21 Charlie Davies
22 Ahsee Tuala
23 Andrew Kellaway

So after Murphy makes it clear he intends to field a development team Saints put this side out. I mean what is the point. Just makes them look like tools. There's no way most of that team need game time. They could have tested some of the first team players and made it a semblance of a game.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 25 Jan 2019, 12:30 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Saints:
15 George Furbank *
14 Ken Pisi *
13 Nafi Tuitavake
12 Rory Hutchinson *
11 Tom Collins
10 James Grayson *
9 Cobus Reinach

1 Francois van Wyk *
2 James Fish *
3 Ben Franks *
4 Api Ratuniyarawa *
5 Dom Barrow *
6 Jamie Gibson
7 Heinrich Brüssow *
8 Teimana Harrison (c)

Replacements:
16 Reece Marshall *
17 Will Davis *
18 Ehren Painter
19 Alex Moon *
20 James Haskell
21 Charlie Davies *
22 Ahsee Tuala
23 Andrew Kellaway

So after Murphy makes it clear he intends to field a development team Saints put this side out. I mean what is the point. Just makes them look like tools. There's no way most of that team need game time. They could have tested some of the first team players and made it a semblance of a game.

Whilst not a development team, 10 of the starting XV are not first choices, 4 of the replacements don't usually make the 23 and Haskell will be playing in his first competitive game for a very long time. Great to see him back, you never know he might just show some form. When on song, there are few people that attack the breakdown with the effect he can have. Advanced age and marriage may just have taught him how to use that thing between his ears as well.

WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 25 Jan 2019, 12:33 pm

Points? You taking the prem cup seriously this season?

I was more surprised to see you risking players like Reinach, Harrison, Brussow, Gibson, Barrow and Franks. I know Barrow has only recently comeback from injury but I recall they've all played quite regularly. Would have been a good chance to give them all a break knowing Tigers were not going to risk anybody.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 25 Jan 2019, 1:15 pm

I probably agree with you, certainly Reinach and Harrison have been ever present, Brussow and Barrow have been injured and need some serious game time. Gibson has been around but not starting that many, but he would be a serious loss, Franks has been a bencher most of the season, so a good 60 minutes would not harm him.

I thought about the points as any silverware is better than none, but then decided against and edited the comment out.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 25 Jan 2019, 1:27 pm

True in a tough season it's better to get something to put into the trophy cabinet then nothing.

I think can Van Wyk and Franks were the replacement props for the game at Twickers when Fe'ao and Heyes came off the bench and marched the back at scrum time. In guessing they may want some revenge for that and quite frankly should get it as the relative experience of the packs is massive. I think the average age of the Tigers side is 23 which when you have McMillan and Varndell there to drag the average up a bit tells you quite a bit.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 25 Jan 2019, 1:28 pm

Saints will surely be looking to rack up almost as many points as they did last weekend.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 25 Jan 2019, 1:39 pm

I don't think the Tigers side is that weak
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 25 Jan 2019, 2:29 pm

Well we're effectively playing against 16 because we have Joe Ford at 10 and he is useless. If he could pull up injured and miss the rest of the season before recovering in the summer and return to the Championship where he belongs that would be great.

Outside of Joe Ford there are only three other starting players over 25. The two wingers and our fifth choice hooker. Heyes the tighthead is 19 as is the number 6 Reffell. Generally a lot of potential on show. Wish we had some fit centres so Hardwick could play 10 though.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 25 Jan 2019, 2:46 pm

I was referring to there strength relative to Timasoara Saracens
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 25 Jan 2019, 6:14 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Saints will surely be looking to rack up almost as many points as they did last weekend.
Hi LT - can you check your PMs?  OK

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 27 Jan 2019, 8:28 pm

Reffell and Hardwick are rumoured to have agreed new deals. Hardwick had allegedly been looking at moving in order to get more game time but changed his mind after seeing Murphy's willingness to select players from the development squad.

Quins are announcing signings both renewals and acquisitions over the next few days, they've already done Clifford, so if Evans is off then we should know in the next week. Hopefully the rumour isn't true but sadly it looks like it is.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 28 Jan 2019, 7:43 am

RDW wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:Saints will surely be looking to rack up almost as many points as they did last weekend.

Congrats on being named mod, LT. Much deserved!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 28 Jan 2019, 7:49 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Reffell and Hardwick are rumoured to have agreed new deals. Hardwick had allegedly been looking at moving in order to get more game time but changed his mind after seeing Murphy's willingness to select players from the development squad.

Quins are announcing signings both renewals and acquisitions over the next few days, they've already done Clifford, so if Evans is off then we should know in the next week. Hopefully the rumour isn't true but sadly it looks like it is.

Would be good to see Tigers start tying talented youngsters to longer deals. Tigers have tended to keep players in the 'development squad' longer than other clubs. It's a good way to keep players in the set-up without adding to the cap but it has also seen a few players kept there too long who needed cutting loose to a Championship side. Identify them young and promote them quickly is becoming more and more the modern way.

In the credit where's due column: I thought Joe Ford had his best game for Tigers against Saints. Damning with faint praise I accept, but having given the guy a bit of stick as a player it seems only fair to praise him for a good showing against a much stronger Saints outfit.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Mon 28 Jan 2019, 12:35 pm

king_carlos wrote:
RDW wrote:

Congrats on being named mod, LT. Much deserved!

Does this mean I will need to be on my toes with you LT, I was always a Rocker and therefore Mods were not my cup of tea. Very Happy Very Happy

Congrats
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 28 Jan 2019, 12:51 pm

king_carlos wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Reffell and Hardwick are rumoured to have agreed new deals. Hardwick had allegedly been looking at moving in order to get more game time but changed his mind after seeing Murphy's willingness to select players from the development squad.

Would be good to see Tigers start tying talented youngsters to longer deals. Tigers have tended to keep players in the 'development squad' longer than other clubs. It's a good way to keep players in the set-up without adding to the cap but it has also seen a few players kept there too long who needed cutting loose to a Championship side. Identify them young and promote them quickly is becoming more and more the modern way.

In the credit where's due column: I thought Joe Ford had his best game for Tigers against Saints. Damning with faint praise I accept, but having given the guy a bit of stick as a player it seems only fair to praise him for a good showing against a much stronger Saints outfit.

I think we are all in agreement in here that Tigers have failed in regards of producing enough talent from the academy and development squads in recent years. Various reasons for the failings but it has hurt the first team squad. Good to see Murphy and Glynn sorting it out.

I heard a few people report back that Joe Ford looked more assured. Perhaps it's because he's used to having White and Law at 9 and Hardwick at 12 from the A league matches. A more settled combination around him may have made it easier for him to play as otherwise he's down the pecking order and probably not getting that many run throughs or minutes with the first team backs. He likes a more structured game so he isn't going to be dropped in and play off the cuff. It's likely White and Hardwick will be in and around the squad come the next prem game so he might find it easier to adjust.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 04 Feb 2019, 3:16 pm

Graham Kitchener the first confirmed departure.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon 04 Feb 2019, 3:17 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Graham Kitchener the first confirmed departure.

3rd after Toomua and Williams.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 04 Feb 2019, 3:27 pm

Welly wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:Graham Kitchener the first confirmed departure.

3rd after Toomua and Williams.

True. Lets call it the first confirmed departure of the month Very Happy

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 04 Feb 2019, 4:05 pm

We need to freshen up the pack and Kitch hasn't been at his best for a couple of seasons. Let's hope we've got some quality on the way in along with Green. I suspect we'll see a couple more go yet as well.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 04 Feb 2019, 4:36 pm

Heard it in good authority Matt Smith will retire at the end of the season. Great servant to the club. Shame he's unlikely to get the deserved send off because of that nasty injury. Should be worth a standing ovation at the last home game.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 05 Feb 2019, 1:22 pm

Variety of young lads re-signing being announced.

Wells, White, Simmons and Lewis so far with two more to come. Not quite as exciting as was promised when they started the announcements.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next