The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier Sports - will you be watching?

+34
Kingshu
Maine man
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
Geen sport voor watjes
IanBru
No 7&1/2
Brendan
BigGee
SirJohnnyEnglish
Eejit
Irishhoneymonster
RDW
Welly
rodders
dogtooth
Cyril
EWT Spoons
RiscaGame
PhilBB
Luckless Pedestrian
Artful_Dodger
BamBam
XR
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
Pete330v2
No9
carpet baboon
RugbyFan100
CAInomore
marty2086
munkian
clivemcl
38 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Premier Sports - Are you signing up (already signed up?)

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 7 Vote_lcap67%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 7 Vote_lcap6%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 7 Vote_lcap27%Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 7 Empty Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by clivemcl Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

The channel is available on Sky and Virgin, but not BT.

The alternative is the app or the website to stream.

These two options however don't allow you to record games.

I'll be interested to see if they add every single game to their On Demand library, and how long after the game has aired will the on demand version be available.

Is anyone switching to Sky or Virgin simply for Premier Sports?

Last edited by clivemcl on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 7 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:06 pm

Looks like each of Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland are getting their own broadcasting team on Premier once the games start

Isn't that the important thing? Anyone getting their knickers in a twist over a preview show should probably relax a little

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 7 Empty Re: Premier Sports - will you be watching?

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:09 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Well given your analyse is that it's an Irish channel though it's broadcasting in the UK and registered in Luxembourg and aimed at an Irish audience even though it's not airing in most of Ireland, I think we'll not worry about your claims OK

I.e. - I don't want to answer the question, as this is a bit embarrassing for Premier Sports ahead of the new season.

Answer what? The premise for your question is based on false claims

No it wasn't. You just can't bring yourself to answer it. As per normal.

Ok well please explain how it's an Irish channel, why they would aim it at an Irish audience and how it was aimed at an Irish audience?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:09 pm

BamBam wrote:Looks like each of Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland are getting their own broadcasting team on Premier once the games start

Isn't that the important thing? Anyone getting their knickers in a twist over a preview show should probably relax a little

People are worried that the weekly round up / preview show is going to be the same one for viewers in Ireland as it for the UK.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:10 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Well given your analyse is that it's an Irish channel though it's broadcasting in the UK and registered in Luxembourg and aimed at an Irish audience even though it's not airing in most of Ireland, I think we'll not worry about your claims OK

I.e. - I don't want to answer the question, as this is a bit embarrassing for Premier Sports ahead of the new season.

Answer what? The premise for your question is based on false claims

No it wasn't. You just can't bring yourself to answer it. As per normal.

Ok well please explain how it's an Irish channel, why they would aim it at an Irish audience and how it was aimed at an Irish audience?

Because it was on Eir sports.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:10 pm

Why are people unhappy with it being made in Ireland?

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:11 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
BamBam wrote:Looks like each of Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland are getting their own broadcasting team on Premier once the games start

People are worried that the weekly round up / preview show is going to be the same one for viewers in Ireland as it for the UK.

Well people are idiots since it is two different companies doing each show

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:11 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

So there were 2 different preview shows last night?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:11 pm

marty2086 wrote:
munkian wrote:Because a large proportion of their customers are unhappy with their product, why are you being deliberately obtuse ?

How many of their customers are unhappy? And what are they unhappy about?

That the first 20 mins of the show was purely about Irish teams, there was 10 minutes for all the Welsh regions, the jocks got 4 minutes then the Italians and Saffa clubs got about 2 minutes between them.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:13 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Why are people unhappy with it being made in Ireland?  

I don't think anyone is unhappy with where its made, its that its particularly slewed towards where its made.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:13 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

You are the one that watched both, you tell me

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:14 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

I am telling you. You're wrong. As per normal.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:16 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:

Surely if they're big enough fans to subscribe (remember as we've been told by LD only the hardcore will subscribe) then surely they'll be either watching live or on demand the respective games that they are interested in - as such will get full analysis on their own games?

As for the round up show, assume the bigger teams will get the most coverage - see how it works on Match of the Day etc for football, its the Man Utd / City / Arsenal / Liverpool / Spurs / Chelsea games that are inevitably the first shown with the heaviest focus

Its a ratings game - this week you'd expect Ulster v Scarlets or Cardiff v Leinster to get the most coverage as they are by far the most interesting games on paper

I just think you have to give it at least the first weekend before criticising coverage.

Last edited by BamBam on Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:17 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:

I am telling you. You're wrong. As per normal.

So you watched both shows then?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:17 pm

BamBam wrote:

As for the round up show, assume the bigger teams will get the most coverage - see how it works on Match of the Day etc for football, its the Man Utd / City / Arsenal / Liverpool / Spurs / Chelsea games that are inevitably the first shown with the heaviest focus

Its a ratings game - this week you'd expect Ulster v Scarlets or Cardiff v Leinster to get the most coverage as they are by far the most interesting games on paper

Lets hope so eh.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:18 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Yes

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:19 pm

I assume you've subscribed and will be watching the games over the weekend? Not just basing it on a "Twitter storm" which can mean 2 bald blokes fighting over a comb

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:20 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Yes

There's a funny smell suddenly in the air

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:21 pm

BamBam wrote:I assume you've subscribed and will be watching the games over the weekend? Not just basing it on a "Twitter storm" which can mean 2 bald blokes fighting over a comb

And those complaining being Simon Thomas and a load of Welshmen complaining that eir and Premier are owned by the same company. Wonder where we heard that before but what would I know I'm usually wrong apparently Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:21 pm

I have and I will. The breakdown of coverage for what is supposed to be the Pro 14 show was posted above by myself.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:22 pm

BamBam wrote:I assume you've subscribed and will be watching the games over the weekend? Not just basing it on a "Twitter storm" which can mean 2 bald blokes fighting over a comb

I've got it free currently via Premier sports. Not sure what to do when that runs out.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:22 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Yes

I.e - I still can't bring myself to answer your question.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:23 pm

marty2086 wrote:

And those complaining being Simon Thomas and a load of Welshmen complaining that eir and Premier are owned by the same company. Wonder where we heard that before but what would I know I'm usually wrong apparently Rolling Eyes

There are plenty Scottish complaining too.

Not great considering a ball hasn't been kicked yet.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:26 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Yes

I.e - I still can't bring myself to answer your question.

I'm waiting to sign my contract with Premier still, until then the job of their spokesman and production consultant is someone elses job Rolling Eyes

Now who's going to answer my complaint about us Irish fans being short changed by a British broadcaster?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:30 pm

marty2086 wrote:

Now who's going to answer my complaint about us Irish fans being short changed by a British broadcaster?

And that matters why?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:31 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

And that matters why?

Because apparently silly tedious complaints from people with an inherent bias matter according to you

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:33 pm

marty2086 wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

And that matters why?

Because apparently silly tedious complaints from people with an inherent bias matter according to you

It's your complaint not mine.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:35 pm

I'm taking the 1 month free trial from tomorrow, I'm sure the debate will rage on next week but will be more informed then

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1035108116545921024

He says there will be a mix going forward when there's a round of games to analyse as much of the interesting rugby is being played by the likes of Scarlets and Glasgow

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Thu 30 Aug 2018, 3:38 pm

BamBam wrote:I'm taking the 1 month free trial from tomorrow, I'm sure the debate will rage on next week but will be more informed then

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1035108116545921024

He says there will be a mix going forward when there's a round of games to analyse as much of the interesting rugby is being played by the likes of Scarlets and Glasgow

There was a mix last night. It was just a tad lop sided. I'd expect that from the producers of the programme, as it was set to their target audience. But if that happens very week then there is going to be a problem.

Hopefully they've learned a bit in the last 24 hours, but still a bit disappointing that they needed to be told from the off.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 30 Aug 2018, 4:18 pm

They're running out of time to make the free trial available to online viewers. Fingers Crossed

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Aug 2018, 4:22 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:Why was the Premier Sports Pro14 launch show, the same tv programme made in Ireland for an Irish audience that wqas broadcast on an Irish tv channel?

I noticed that, I did not want to say anything as I would get a kicking on here. It was half and hour about the Irish sides, and half an hour for everybody else, the Irish sides had in depth analysis, and Martin Williams spoke for about a minute or two about the Welsh sides. Also, I saw a lot of EIR sports plastered about during interviews, I thought they were two separate channels. chin

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Aug 2018, 4:45 pm

Get your first month free here:-

http://www.premiersports.com/

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 30 Aug 2018, 5:13 pm

Thats only for sky customers
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 30 Aug 2018, 5:27 pm

A handy guide:

With the new Guinness PRO14 season fast approaching, Edinburgh supporters will be able to follow the action like never before thanks to new host broadcasters, Premier Sports.

All Guinness PRO14 fixtures will be shown live across the Premier Sports network, with one match per round available to watch for free on sister channel FreeSports.

14 of Edinburgh’s matches have been confirmed as being exclusive to Premier Sports so far, with fixtures having been confirmed up until Round 17.

Season Ticket Members will receive information regarding an exclusive Members offer by email this week.

For full information on how to receive and watch your club in action, simply find your provider below:

SKY
Sky TV customers can sign up to Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month, or for an annual cost of £99. There is no connection fee, but customers must have a Sky viewing card – you will need to quote your viewing card number in order for Premier Sports to be added to your package.

To subscribe, visit subscribe.premiersports.tv or call Premier on 0871 663 9000. New customers will be able to claim the first month of their subscription for free.

Premier Sports 1 can be found on channel 412, with Premier Sports 2 on channel 435. Sky subscribers have free access to the standard membership of Premier Player – for more information, please see the section on Premier Player below.

FreeSports is currently available to all Sky customers on channel 422.

PREMIER PLAYER
Viewers without a cable or satellite connection can subscribe to the Premier Player, an online service compatible with smartphones, tablets and laptops with a stable internet connection.

Two subscription packages are available; a Standard Membership costs £9.99 per month, which allows subscribers to access live streaming and seven days of On Demand catch up.

For £11.99 per month, supporters can subscribe to the Premium Membership, which features access to live streaming and the full back catalogue of events previously broadcast on Premier Sports.

Sky customers are automatically provided with a Standard Membership included in the price of subscription to Premier Sports, but can upgrade to a Premium Membership for £2 per month.

The Premier Player is fully compatible with the Google Chromecast device and the Amazon Firestick, allowing supporters to cast the action from their smart device to their TV.

New customers can claim the first month of Premier Player for free, with details to be announced in the coming week.

VIRGIN MEDIA
Virgin Media customers can get Premier Sports 1 and 2 for free until 22 September, providing they own a Virgin Media Box. After this date, there will be a subscription fee of £9.99 per month on a rolling contract with no connection fee. To register, customers can call Virgin Media on 0845 840 7777.

Tivo subscribers can subscribe to Premier Sports by pressing home, navigating to Apps and Games, selecting All Apps and then TV Upgrades.

Non Tivo customers should press Home, navigate to Interactive and select TV Channel Upgrade.

Premier Sports 1 is available on channel 551, with Premier Sports 2 to be found on channel 552.

FreeSports is currently available to all Virgin Media customers on channel 553.

FREEVIEW
Supporters watching via Freeview are currently unable to subscribe to Premier Sports but are able to receive FreeSports on channel 95.

Most Freeview boxes will have been retuned automatically to receive FreeSports during a scheduled auto update. If the channel does not appear, retune your device and see if the channel appears.

FREESAT
Supporters watching via Freesat are currently unable to subscribe to Premier Sports, but can tune in to FreeSports on channel 252.

BT / TALKTALK
Supporters watching via either BT or TalkTalk cannot currently access Premier Sports through their TV. However, FreeSports is available on channel 95.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 30 Aug 2018, 8:14 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:Why was the Premier Sports Pro14 launch show, the same tv programme made in Ireland for an Irish audience that wqas broadcast on an Irish tv channel?

I noticed that, I did not want to say anything as I would get a kicking on here. It was half and hour about the Irish sides, and half an hour for everybody else, the Irish sides had in depth analysis, and Martin Williams spoke for about a minute or two about the Welsh sides. Also, I saw a lot of EIR sports plastered about during interviews, I thought they were two separate channels. chin

Because the programme was produced by EirSport.  The various broadcasters - EirSport, Danz, SuperSport, PremierSports - have arrangements to give re-broadcast rights to each other for content where they want/need.   For example, the Welsh sports panel of Harries, Warburton, Williams and Jackman will front the Cardiff game tomorrow on Premier Sport from 7pm.   EirSport will have their own panel for the game and will take the PremierSport visual feed from Cardiff for the actual match.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 31 Aug 2018, 8:30 am

Pot Hale wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Because the programme was produced by EirSport.  The various broadcasters - EirSport, Danz, SuperSport, PremierSports - have arrangements to give re-broadcast rights to each other for content where they want/need.   For example, the Welsh sports panel of Harries, Warburton, Williams and Jackman will front the Cardiff game tomorrow on Premier Sport from 7pm.   EirSport will have their own panel for the game and will take the PremierSport visual feed from Cardiff for the actual match.

Well, that is no good, I wanted to watch the Pro14 preview show, but instead I got the Irish provinces Pro14 preview show, with a smidgeon of what they were up against for everybody else.

Yes it was nice to see how Munsters defensive lines were set-up, and Ulsters new signings and it was nice to focus on certain Irish players, but I would have liked that for every team, but every other side just got lip service, I found it, well, very Irish.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 31 Aug 2018, 9:29 am

So Sky customers get the internet tv player free with a tv subscription to Prem sports.

Virgin Media customers get naff all with the same purchase??

What a crock of sheet.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 31 Aug 2018, 9:32 am

You say that, but I downloaded the app and it immediately asks you for login details. At no point in the subscription process did I set up login details! In fact I haven't even received an email confirmation after subscribing which is strange (although the TV channels now work).

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 31 Aug 2018, 9:35 am

Saying that, I got a very fast tweet response telling me to sign up here

https://www.premierplayer.tv/subscribe/existing-customer

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 31 Aug 2018, 10:16 am

Lots of people getting excited - good to see.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 31 Aug 2018, 10:43 am

Premier Sports - will you be watching? - Page 7 No-offer-on-player

This banner image appearing on their website. By shortly do you think they mean before tonight?? chin

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 31 Aug 2018, 10:47 am

Apparently will be available at some point today clive

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 31 Aug 2018, 11:04 am

I've signed up already, hope they apply it to those already registered and not just those who are going to.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 31 Aug 2018, 11:05 am

That's the reason I'm holding off. Obviously if it gets to about 5 o'clock and there's still nothing, I'll sign up.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 31 Aug 2018, 11:22 am

Artful_Dodger wrote:I've signed up already, hope they apply it to those already registered and not just those who are going to.

Don't think so but hard to keep track because they have different offers and approaches for Sky, Virgin and their player and seem to be playing catch up for getting everything in place which isn't good

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 31 Aug 2018, 11:45 am

How many people's local pubs are showing the game on Premier Sports tonight and over the opening weekend?

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri 31 Aug 2018, 11:55 am

RugbyFan100 wrote:How many people's local pubs are showing the game on Premier Sports tonight and over the opening weekend?

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 31 Aug 2018, 12:56 pm

There we go folks! First month free and promo code are now available for the Player Only Subscribers.
Let's go!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 31 Aug 2018, 1:11 pm

They told me to give the customer care team a call when I asked them if I would get the first month free having signed up yesterday instead of today. I really couldn't be bothered phoning call centres for the sake of a tenner but I'm not happy so might have to do it.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Fri 31 Aug 2018, 3:05 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:How many people's local pubs are showing the game on Premier Sports tonight and over the opening weekend?

All 7 pubs in my village are showing it. And the hotel bar. One pub has 23 screens and it’s on 5 of those including the big screen.

Hope this helps.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan100 Fri 31 Aug 2018, 3:09 pm

Pot Hale wrote:

All 7 pubs in my village are showing it.  And the hotel bar. One pub has 23 screens and it’s on 5 of those including the big screen.

Hope this helps.  

Awesome. Lets hope that's repeated throughout the UK.

RugbyFan100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next